Post Reply 4923 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2014 Megathread
    Stained Class
    Commander

Re: RUNNING ORDER!

by Stained Class » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:50 am

Yes, he said that in the press conference according to Michael.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:26 pm

Whoever brought up the fact that Liberty Of The Seas is already booked January 22-26 is absolutely correct. Here's the link:
    http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacrui ... te=1150122
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:54 pm

meshuggah wrote:Whoever brought up the fact that Liberty Of The Seas is already booked January 22-26 is absolutely correct. Here's the link:

That's normal. Was like that this far out for our other cruises too. Those that booked those dates will get bumped.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:55 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote:Someone told me the skate rink would become a stage, not sure it was from the press conference or someone guessing though, I drank some beers on the latest trip...
    I do know it didn't come from Andy direct to me, only talked to him about karaoke and people missing from the ship this year :cheers:

Skate rink could be the black metal stage. Cold & grim.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vektor-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:58 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    meshuggah wrote:Whoever brought up the fact that Liberty Of The Seas is already booked January 22-26 is absolutely correct. Here's the link:

That's normal. Was like that this far out for our other cruises too. Those that booked those dates will get bumped.

They will probably bump the others to a different date/boat. Might even upgrade them for their troubles. RC is not going to turn down a boat of people that drink too much.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vektor-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:47 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    gnoff_the_creep wrote:Someone told me the skate rink would become a stage, not sure it was from the press conference or someone guessing though, I drank some beers on the latest trip...
    I do know it didn't come from Andy direct to me, only talked to him about karaoke and people missing from the ship this year :cheers:

Can you imagine a bunch of drunk people trying to skate around :lol: Escpecially if the ship is swaying. That's dangerous stuff. I would love to see the skating rink open but I also remember somebody telling me it is going to be covered up.

But I wanna ice skate. On a boat.
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

THANK YOU!!!

by Andy » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:14 pm

Survivors!

Let me take this opportunity to thank all of you for making 70000TONS OF METAL 2014, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise once again such a success! This last year has not been an easy one, I went through a personal situation which took me out for quite a while and as a result all of you went through a lot of waiting and suspense. I will make personally sure that such a thing will not happen again!

It leaves me almost speechless that the list of nations represented onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL keeps growing. I thought that the 55 from last your could not be topped, but here we are, having had sailors from 61 countries around the Globe made it really feel like having The United Nations Of Heavy Metal At Sea! A big Ahoy to all you Survivors from: Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Luxemburg, Macedonia, Mexico, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America and Venezuela!

A huge Thank You also goes out to all the bands onbroad: ATROCITY, BONFIRE, CARCASS, CRIPPER, CYNIC, DARK TRANQUILLITY, DEATH ANGEL, DEATH DTA TOURS 2014, D.R.I., FEAR FACTORY, FINNTROLL, FREEDOM CALL, GLORYHAMMER, HAGGARD, HATESPHERE, IZEGRIM, KEEP OF KALESSIN, LEAVES' EYES, MASSACRE, NEKROGOBLIKON, NOVEMBER'S DOOM, OBITUARY, ORPHANED LAND, OVERKILL, POLTERGEIST, PUNGENT STENCH, RAVEN, RISING STORM, SATYRICON, SEPTIC FLESH, SOILWORK, SWALLOW THE SUN, SWASHBUCKLE, SYMPHONY X, TERRORIZER, THE HAUNTED, TWILIGHT OF THE GODS, UNEARTH, VICIOUS RUMORS, VICTORY, XANDRIA and last but not least Vika for her Piano Performances and David for the never ending Karaoke Nights!

A big Thank You to CMM, all journalists and over all, our Media Partners: Aardschok, BW&BK: Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles, iM1 TV, Metal Hammer Germany, Metal Hammer UK, Metallian, Roadie Crew and Scream Magazine for spreading the word!

Thank You to Royal Caribbean International and the entire Crew of the Majesty Of The Seas for having us onbroad!

Thank You to Roc-Off Productions for building the biggest Open Air stage that ever sailed the Open Seas! Thank You to Clair Global for providing the Sound Equipment! Thank You to Jonas Productions for the Backline! Thank You to Cat Entertainment Systems for providing the Power Distribution on board and Thank You to Event Operations Group: The best Security Crew there is!

Thank You to all the Crew, Employees and Partners of Ultimate Music Cruises Inc. for all your dedication and hard work!

A very special Thank You to all Volunteers of 70000TONS OF METAL 2014! Without you The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise would not happen!

It makes me incredibly proud to have had all of you on the same boat!

I am looking forward to welcoming you all onboad once again next January for round five of 70000TONS OF METAL, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise! And for the ones that missed the news: There will be 60 Bands next year... stay tuned for more... VERY SOON!

One more time: Thank You! All of You!

your Skipper

And BTW, Thank You WeFe for the nice snapshot :beerwink:

Stained Class
    Commander

Re: THANK YOU!!!

by Stained Class » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:21 pm

Andy wrote:This last year has not been an easy one, I went through a personal situation which took me out for quite a while and as a result all of you went through a lot of waiting and suspense. I will make personally sure that such a thing will not happen again!

There you have it folks, Andy is human!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:29 pm

Its water under the bridge (or should I say boat? :P ) now anyway.

Certainly did detract from the enjoyment of the build up somewhat, but end product was once again pretty cool.

Will be interesting to sit on the sidelines and see how 2015 pans out.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:33 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Its water under the bridge (or should I say boat? :P ) now anyway.

THIS

but Andy should have someone to back him up...

well, anyway.. water under the bridge... 2015 is on the horizon and I cant wait to see you all and have a beer on the new pool deck!! :shred: :shred:
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019- :(
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:17 pm

Sure, I could bitch about the wait, but anybody that saw me on the boat will tell you I'm full of shit. While not the best lineup for me personally (MOAR THRAAAASH) all the bands I watched were fucking amazing playing the best sets I've ever seen em play, and with all the other forumites I had quite possibly the best cruise of my life. I'm not planning on attending another cruise, but the future is not written in stone.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:52 pm

I WANT ANOTHER 70000tons OF METAL!!! :cry:
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019- :(
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
    epartos
    Petty Officer

by epartos » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:07 am

Damnit! I don´t wanna be in Sweden. I want to go back and do it all over again. The only thing I would change is the duration of the stay. The Cruise was excellent and a total blast, but I wish we had booked more days in Miami afterwards. Thanks to all I managed to say hi to on the ship! You were all excellent people!
    Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Get these guys on the boat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKLKzE77YrM
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:44 am

Stained Class wrote:There you have it folks, Andy is human!

No way!
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    Pero
    Petty Officer

by Pero » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:49 am

Since the new motto is "Very soon" I'm looking for 4 people to wear the letters V E R and Y next year :lol:
    2011 - 5535
    2012 - 5527
    2013 - 2513
    2014 - 2039
    2015 - 9675
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:38 am

Pero wrote:Since the new motto is "Very soon" I'm looking for 4 people to wear the letters V E R and Y next year :lol:

I'll take the 'R' if I can get my shit together this time. Really wanna check out the maiden voyage of 70K 2.0 (or is it 1.5?)
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • gnoff_the_creep
    Lieutenant

by gnoff_the_creep » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:28 am

I can be the 'Y' if I make it to the boat, just need ppl to bring MCA for my regular karaoke then :cheers:
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:26 am

I'll be the v.
    V for viathyn.

V for vagina.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

MLH
    Crewman

by MLH » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:34 am

NuuX wrote:PS: I need to work on my people skills. Third cruise and I still haven't met any forumites (except Shoreslayer on the first cruise) :oops: :oops:

Same thing here. Think i talked more than few sentences with maybe few people during whole cruise. It would be especially smart to go talk to a cool looking chick you see and even smarter to have more than a few words when you bump into her again post cruise in a random cloth store in Miami. :evil: :cry:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:38 am

MLH wrote:
    NuuX wrote:PS: I need to work on my people skills. Third cruise and I still haven't met any forumites (except Shoreslayer on the first cruise) :oops: :oops:

Same thing here. Think i talked more than few sentences with maybe few people during whole cruise. It would be especially smart to go talk to a cool looking chick you see and even smarter to have more than a few words when you bump into her again post cruise in a random cloth store in Miami. :evil: :cry:

Was that an old post you quoted? I thought I was hanging out with Nuux after Barge :?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:08 pm

I was quite ok since I'm back home on Sunday, but now I begin to feel depressed. I miss you all :cry: I will try to keep me busy the next days to recover from the withdrawal symptoms :roll:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624

http://www.bandspromo.biz/home.html
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:59 am

Just thought last night that I forgot to mention anything about the cruise. Not sure that a lot of you know that. On the Tuesday afternoon, while a thrash band (don't remember who now) show on the pool stage, I was at the Viking Crown Lounge with my cabin mate, when at a time someone mentioned that we had some dolphins around the ship :D Just had the time to see them before they gone. Everyone at the left on the deck 12 looked at the ocean to see the dolphins :mrgreen: They made my day :cool:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624

http://www.bandspromo.biz/home.html
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:45 am

Stained Class wrote:
    MLH wrote:

Was that an old post you quoted? I thought I was hanging out with Nuux after Barge :?

Sorry, didn't go to BTH. And he didn't quote an old post. I saw a bunch of forumites but didn't want to bother them since they always seemed busy (eating, running to the toilette, enjoying the show...).
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    epartos
    Petty Officer

by epartos » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:56 am

taketheday wrote:Just thought last night that I forgot to mention anything about the cruise. Not sure that a lot of you know that. On the Tuesday afternoon, while a thrash band (don't remember who now) show on the pool stage, I was at the Viking Crown Lounge with my cabin mate, when at a time someone mentioned that we had some dolphins around the ship :D Just had the time to see them before they gone. Everyone at the left on the deck 12 looked at the ocean to see the dolphins :mrgreen: They made my day :cool:

I was on 12 when the dolphins joined us! It was really cool to see them jumping around next to the ship!
    Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Get these guys on the boat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKLKzE77YrM
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:13 am

NuuX wrote:
    Sorry, didn't go to BTH. And he didn't quote an old post. I saw a bunch of forumites but didn't want to bother them since they always seemed busy (eating, running to the toilette, enjoying the show...).

Oh, I thought you were someone else then haha whoops!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:31 am

I have a request. In all 5 lineups we've never had an instrumental band. Can we get some sort of Instrumental/Virtuoso act onbroad next year? :mrgreen:
    Perfection would be any of:

CONQUERING DYSTOPIA!!!!!!!!! <-that band can we plz has that band plz?????
    Animals As Leaders
    Scale The Summit
    Andy James (From Sacred Mother Tongue)
    Christian Muenzner (From Obscura/Necrophagist/Spawn Of Possession/Paradox)
    Paul Wardingham
    Chon
    Kiko Louriero (From Angra)
    Joe Stump
    Yngwie Malmsteen ...almost forgot him hehe. Probably wouldn't do it.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:51 am

Stained Class wrote:I have a request. In all 5 lineups we've never had an instrumental band. Can we get some sort of Instrumental/Virtuoso act onbroad next year? :mrgreen:

Animals As Leaders
    Scale The Summit
    Paul Wardingham
    Chon
    Joe Stump

Dysrhythmia would be perfect, and tie into another band some people would lose their shit for
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-TenggerCavalry-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:54 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:I have a request. In all 5 lineups we've never had an instrumental band. Can we get some sort of Instrumental/Virtuoso act onbroad next year? :mrgreen:

Animals As Leaders
    Scale The Summit
    Paul Wardingham
    Chon
    Joe Stump

Dysrhythmia would be perfect, and tie into another band some people would lose their shit for

Gorguts? :mrgreen:

Oh shit another great one that would make the cruise truely amazing is MARTY FRIEDMAN!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VloECYg6 ... e=youtu.be
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:29 am

How about Yossi Sassi? :P :P
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:34 am

X-Thor wrote:How about Yossi Sassi? :P :P

Not metal :lol:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • gnoff_the_creep
    Lieutenant

by gnoff_the_creep » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:52 pm

Stained Class wrote:Yngwie Malmsteen ...almost forgot him hehe. Probably wouldn't do it.

He'd eat all the donuts!
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:03 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Yngwie Malmsteen ...almost forgot him hehe. Probably wouldn't do it.

He'd eat all the donuts!

Theyd close the windjammer with record food consumption
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:52 pm

I'd lose my mind for Gorguts and Dysrhythmia!!!!!!!!!!! :shred:
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:02 pm

mfrap wrote:
    gnoff_the_creep wrote:

He'd eat all the donuts!

Theyd close the windjammer with record food consumption

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stained Class wrote:

But... But... :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:11 pm

X-Thor wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

But... But... :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:

I know man, I know :oops:

9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • Spence
    Oiler

by Spence » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:58 pm

Blotted Science(instrumental technical death metal band supergroup) would be my first pick for an instrumental-only metal band for the cruise.

Mainly because Blotted Science almost NEVER plays, and so they'd be a unique experience. Whereas Animals As Leaders, Scale the Summit, etc. are constantly touring Europe and America.
  • Spence
    Oiler

by Spence » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:59 pm

Or Powerglove, because Powerglove are perfection. hahaha :D
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:43 pm

The way The Haunted was mixed on the Pool Deck, it WAS an instrumental only band.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:54 pm

meshuggah wrote:The way The Haunted was mixed on the Pool Deck, it WAS an instrumental only band.

I don't know where you were standing... But I could hear Marco perfectly
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-TenggerCavalry-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:02 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote:

He'd eat all the donuts!

:lol: he would with the fockin' belly flop contest with FURY
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
Post Reply 4923 posts