Post Reply 4708 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2014 Megathread
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Naughty or Nice?

by Metaladdict187 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:26 am

broegaard wrote:Andy: "ho ho ho, Santa came down the chimney and opened his big bag of gifts and left many goodies under the tree for y'all"

and then a figure with 4 presents: ????

Now we are talkin!!!!
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:17 am

I still got a rock.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
  • Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:35 am

Put the band names on lumps of coal.... might as well :lol:
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:05 pm

The lump of coal is the non-announcement. Any bets on how many additions before 2014? I am going with a stupidly optimistic number of 2.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:32 pm

Chris wrote:The lump of coal is the non-announcement. Any bets on how many additions before 2014? I am going with a stupidly optimistic number of 2.

Really expected something yesterday. Would hope for something between now and New Year's.

Last year we got Sinister on the 28th.
    Year before we got Orphaned Land and Crowbar on New Year's Eve.
    First year we got nothing....but we did already have 39 bands on the lineup at that stage!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:02 pm

For New Years the bands get their names on champagne bottles???? :boobs:

I like tits
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:14 pm

Just start slapping band logos over tits. It'll at least get people excited about even "crappy" announcements.
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:27 pm

so no real Christmas gift .... surprise surprise

why should I expect anything less then a little stocking stuffer instead of a real gift?. no real complaints; after all it is what my life is. :cheers: :beerhorns: :givebeer:
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:45 am

Ok. I really thought we were going to get something special last night.
    That was vary disappointing :cry:

But on a brighter note. We are coming close to a band a day :cheers:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:57 am

Well, UMC is Canadian... maybe they were waiting for Boxing Day ... :?
    "So sing, seaman, join my hymn of
    Blood and oil
    Sing her out, sing of our return to
    Rotten soil..."
    - AHAB
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:16 am

Or they're waiting for the next working day :D
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:17 am

Last year I called him St. Andy Claws.
    This year I call him The Grinch :death:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:52 am

Azazel101 wrote:Last year I called him St. Andy Claws.
    This year I call him The Grinch :death:

I laughed really loud here :lol:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:39 am

Chris wrote:Well, it's an announcement. Nothing I am too crazy about though...
    Hopefully there will be more before 2014.

just an okay announcement, expecting bands that i really love.. those 3 are not for me... raven is nice but I far below in my wishlist...

hope we get more awesome bands to replace kamelot.
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:37 pm

Just saw our Skipper walking down the street near where I work here in Vancouver.

Good news: He appeared to be in fine health and good spirits. No limp, broken limbs or disheveled clothing and his usual, laid back smile on his face :D

Bad news: He did not appear to have a big red Santa sack full of announcements slung over his shoulder. Sorry folks :cry:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:27 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Just saw our Skipper walking down the street near where I work here in Vancouver.

Good news: He appeared to be in fine health and good spirits. No limp, broken limbs or disheveled clothing and his usual, laid back smile on his face :D

Bad news: He did not appear to have a big red Santa sack full of announcements slung over his shoulder. Sorry folks :cry:

Damn we have been very bad boys and girls i guess. :( blahhhhhhhh :cry: :cry: :cry:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:50 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Just saw our Skipper walking down the street near where I work here in Vancouver.

You should have confronted him like a baseballer on the mound. IN HIS FACE! "WHERE ARE THE FUCKING BANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" kicked him in the nuts and said
    "Merry Christmas douchebag!"
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:21 am

Odds of an announcement today ?

I think its a 50/50 chance of an announcement today. If nothing today, there will not be any over the weekend, and then most likely an announcement on Monday.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:40 am

cowboy71 wrote:Odds of an announcement today ?

I think its a 50/50 chance of an announcement today. If nothing today, there will not be any over the weekend, and then most likely an announcement on Monday.

Any "felling" about which bands are going to be announce in the near future?
    metal4ever
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:10 am

broegaard wrote:Any "felling" about which bands are going to be announce in the near future?

Vicious Rumors.
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Castroh » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:09 pm

broegaard wrote:Any "felling" about which bands are going to be announce in the near future?

Omnium Gatherum
    2012 - 2020 Survivor
    2023 - Booked!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:48 pm

I would hope that one of the 'bigger' names on the rumoured list gets added, alongside one or two lesser known bands.

But, no sign of any of the admins online yet so I'm not too hopeful.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:42 pm

Anyone else just feeling "We'll get what we get" now and be kind of happy?

I have 6 two setters already, the rest will be a bonus.
    Last edited by Dimma on Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:36 pm

I am pretty close. About two more bands and I'll be there. I am pretty confident at least two more will pop up.
    So long as there is beer there and the rest of the announcements are still metal bands it'll be good anyway.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:57 pm

I would love at least one 'ultra-wishlist' band. Also known as a 'see two sets at all costs and goto their meet-and-greet' band :D

Magnum, Van Canto, Pythia, Within Temptation, Amaranthe, Powerwolf, Gloryhammer.

Any are possible, but I'm keeping my expectations extremely low.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year!

by Andy » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:20 pm

Just in case you ended up having a couple of silent nights, there will be some loud ones to come: We are proud to welcome HAGGARD, THE CHURCH OF PUNGENT STENCH, IZEGRIM and VICIOUS RUMORS onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise! For one of their two shows VICIOUS RUMORS will do something they have never done live: They will play DIGITAL DICTATOR in its entirety! Any more hidden gifts before the year is out? Maybe some Fireworks?

mooyagi
    Captain

Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year!

by mooyagi » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:23 pm

Haggard! The band will fill up all the remaining cabins :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:31 pm

Needs more photoshop skills.
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:11 pm

The following is on the Pungent Stench website. Anyone know what it's all about?

Attention! Achtung! Attentione! Atencion!

The attempt of an Pungent Stench member to start this band again and to present it as a „Reunion“ is pure nonsense and a fake.

Pungent Stench was formed, created & lead by Mr. Stench and nobody else. The goal was reached with the other guy, but that doesn´t allow him to “re-form” the band again under the Pungent Stench moniker (or anything related). This attempt was made to cheat the supporters and promoters to make some quick cash and nothing else.

By no means I will sit back and see my creation abused - legal action has already been taken. This Church is foul – and this Church will burn!

Mr. Stench/Alex Wank
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:13 pm

meshuggah wrote:The following is on the Pungent Stench website. Anyone know what it's all about?

Attention! Achtung! Attentione! Atencion!

The attempt of an Pungent Stench member to start this band again and to present it as a „Reunion“ is pure nonsense and a fake.

Pungent Stench was formed, created & lead by Mr. Stench and nobody else. The goal was reached with the other guy, but that doesn´t allow him to “re-form” the band again under the Pungent Stench moniker (or anything related). This attempt was made to cheat the supporters and promoters to make some quick cash and nothing else.

By no means I will sit back and see my creation abused - legal action has already been taken. This Church is foul – and this Church will burn!

Mr. Stench/Alex Wank

Interesting. If you note the post it is "THE CHURCH OF pungent stench" not "PUNGENT STENCH" that is playing on 70k. Very interesting...
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:15 pm

VR is a solid repeat and since I doubt we'll get Arch Enemy, Izegrim will be a great substitute. After reading the above post I am now dubious of "The Church" of Pungent Stench and also plan on staying as far away from Haggard as possible...

:cheers:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:31 pm

So another announcement Monday or Tuesday it would seem as well from the wording.

Still hoping for a couple of my wishlist bands :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:35 pm

well, the latest have been pretty heavy so we will probably see something light and fluffy next Dallas. :lol:

:cheers:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:10 am

Sweet!!!!!! :shred:
    SwallowYourSun
    Crewman

by SwallowYourSun » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:27 am

Worst 11 bands announced in a row EVER. EVER. EVER. EVER. EVER. EVER.
    2018 wishlist:
    Finntroll, Wintersun, Wolfheart, In mourning , Interbeing, Aether Realm , Ne OBLIVISCARIUS , Eternal tears of sorrow, Dark Tranquillity, Swallow the sun, Thurisaz, Anathema, Devin Townsend Project, Shade Empire
    Ingrid
    Petty Officer

by Ingrid » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:29 am

Not exactly my kind of bands, but I think it's alright :)

Izegrim has Always been somekind of a 'local' band here, so funny that they play on the boat :P
    Haggard cán be very nice IF the sound is good (I've seen both as well enchanting, as horrible shows)
    The other two I don't even know, but I don't care since a person needs drinking and eating time as well... ;)
    www.metal-exposure.com
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:42 am

We should always expect a few 'unknowns' to be added. That's a good thing too!
    Izactly what I mean, with Izegrim!

I'd never heard of their music before this news today, not once, not ever!
    I go to their website. Tacky clowns all over but the music was great :)

As for Pungent Stench. I'd prefer Hollonthon. Saw them @Kaltenbach Open Air in 08.
    Never saw PS. Might be a lot of fun though.

Haggard is a silly name for a band that sounds like...a Therion demo session! Uh oh! Angst towards me now!

:boobs:

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:50 am

3.439 comments!!!

I thought posting 150 comments was bad enough but over 3,000 on this forum!
    Holy shit...

:boobs:

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:12 am

Wow. Another band from my wishlist. Woo hoo. Haggard rule live i saw them at Wacken a long time ago !! Vicious Rumors are great too and I have not heard or or anything by the other band. is it black metal ? folk metal ? with grim in the title i am just guessing.

Thank you Andy. :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:24 am

Not bad but I need 2 or 3 wishlist bands to make me happy such Revamp, Sirenia, Wintersun, Kalmah, Therion, Hypocrisy, Blind Guardian, Sylosis, Testament, Midnattsol, Battlelore.....
    Wishlist: Hypocrisy Be’lakor Necrot Borknagar Blood Red Throne Earth Rot Decapitated Gatecreeper Jungle Rot Sylosis Wolfheart Within Temptation Wintersun Battelore
Post Reply 4708 posts