Post Reply 4708 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2014 Megathread
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: What's That On The Horizon?

by Memnoch » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:47 pm

Well, they're not repeats, I give them that.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:50 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    Dimma wrote:So the last 6 on the morning we broad?

We are in the same position we were in last year now.

Last year at this time we knew 34 bands and got the remaining 7 on the final Thur/Fri.

Given that there is clearly last-minute scrambling for bands going on, I dare say we will have a similar situation this year.

Well that's no more wish bands for me then.

Kinda hoped for Annihilator. There is NO chance they will tour here.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:21 pm

Dimma wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:
    Dimma wrote:So the last 6 on the morning we broad?

We are in the same position we were in last year now.

Last year at this time we knew 34 bands and got the remaining 7 on the final Thur/Fri.

Given that there is clearly last-minute scrambling for bands going on, I dare say we will have a similar situation this year.

Well that's no more wish bands for me then.

Kinda hoped for Annihilator. There is NO chance they will tour here.

If that is correct then even the previously thought likely bands are more or less no chance i.e. Revamp........

I have 7 two setters already anyway so i'm happy, all announced in the first 13 bands early last year!!!
    Wishlist: Hypocrisy Be’lakor Necrot Borknagar Blood Red Throne Earth Rot Decapitated Gatecreeper Jungle Rot Sylosis Wolfheart Within Temptation Wintersun Battelore
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:27 pm

Yeah of all the bands that have been announced in the last week before the cruise in previous years there has only been 1 band I caught 1 set of. Nightmare last year.

So I'm not expecting anything major now.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:35 pm

Last year the last bands included such awesome bands like Cryptopsy and Anaal Nathrakh, so I'm hoping for something good this time round too.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:49 pm

I have to listen to the new ones. Don't know any of them. Unfortunately again.
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:07 am

Listening to Freedom Call right now, and it think my earwax has turned rainbow colored. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    They're ultracheesy, and I'm loving it. This is going to be a lot of fun! :bangers:
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:09 am

BUTCHER BABIES!!!!!!!!!!
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:11 am

Dimma wrote:BUTCHER BABIES!!!!!!!!!!

They're on Shitrocked, so they're out.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:48 am

Speedy wrote:
    Dimma wrote:BUTCHER BABIES!!!!!!!!!!

They're on Shitrocked, so they're out.

yeah, i don't peruse every forum, just saw a show in Jan on the 31st, and seeing Pillar looks desperate for anyone now, well, and they're babes.
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:56 am

I still hold hope for a gem of an announcement ........ ACCEPT maybe.

I know better, but I always hope for a happy ending MOTORHEAD :lol: :lol: :lol:
    dinki
    Petty Officer

by dinki » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:57 am

pretty cool announcements!

Freedom Call: a little long dream of mine to see them live and just remeber the good old counter-strike fragmovies

hatesphere: will be a solid one-Setter i think :death:

unearth? sorry for that but Metal is like an apple, only idiots like the core. don't take that to personal but i hate core :(
    Emperor-Mayhem-Midnight-Night Demon-Savage Master
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:33 am

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

FREEDOM CALL!!!

I never thought I'd see them live.

Holy shit, I love this lineup. Good bands for my brvtal side and the weeniest band in the universe. Definite two-setter.

And, yeah, I kinda expected you wouldn't like them, Joey.

Btw, Sasha Gerstner from Helloween used to play with Freedom Call, apparently.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:42 am

Freedom call = 2 sets...

And I will try to attend at least one set of hatesphere and Unearth....
    metal4ever
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:48 am

dinki wrote:
    unearth? sorry for that but Metal is like an apple, only idiots like the core. don't take that to personal but i hate core :(

I may be an idiot but this album just kicks ass:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of8Ob0xjSGU

I did not know them before as I'm not into core but never too old to change my mind :viking:
    One set for sure
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:33 am

there is no band i can consider as a * headliner * role as - in flames, sabaton, metal church, kreator and helloween last cruise or edguy, kamelot , annihilator, hammerfall or nightwish the year before.

or the best has yet to come, ( Annihilator, Brainstorm, Magnum, Armored Saint, Crimson Glory, Dokken )

line up so far not too bad for me, as i will watch the most bands on the pooldeck with some drinks, sun and fun...., :whisky: :whisky: :chug: :chug:
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:43 am

Always been curious about freedom call... never heard about the other 2 though...

i'll check a set from freedom call.. but we're still missing THE power metal band, no offense to the other ones...
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:45 am

headlinerluxi wrote:there is no band i can consider as a * headliner * role as - in flames, sabaton, metal church, kreator and helloween last cruise or edguy, kamelot , annihilator, hammerfall or nightwish the year before.

or the best has yet to come, ( Annihilator, Brainstorm, Magnum, Armored Saint, Crimson Glory, Dokken )

line up so far not too bad for me, as i will watch the most bands on the pooldeck with some drinks, sun and fun...., :whisky: :whisky: :chug: :chug:

no offense, I love brainstorm but they are far from beihg a headliner.

not judging the quality but Magnum is not "heavy metal" so is not a headliner for the metalheads
    metal4ever
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:46 am

Mr.Kito wrote:Always been curious about freedom call... never heard about the other 2 though...

i'll check a set from freedom call.. but we're still missing THE power metal band, no offense to the other ones...

i am missing the Kamelot replacement....
    metal4ever
    dinki
    Petty Officer

by dinki » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:49 am

broegaard wrote:
    Mr.Kito wrote:Always been curious about freedom call... never heard about the other 2 though...

i think there won't be a offical kamelot replacement. just another band that is not announced as "replacement"
    Emperor-Mayhem-Midnight-Night Demon-Savage Master
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:50 am

broegaard wrote:
    headlinerluxi wrote:there is no band i can consider as a * headliner * role as - in flames, sabaton, metal church, kreator and helloween last cruise or edguy, kamelot , annihilator, hammerfall or nightwish the year before.

not judging the quality but Magnum is not "heavy metal" so is not a headliner for the metalheads

i agree, but what i wanna say was, that i would be very fine to have some bands as brainstorm etc..onboard,
    headliners as blind guardian, hammerfall, volbeat, megadeth, anthrax or slayer would be awesome, but i can not imagine that we will have such a big surprise during the last days....before joining the ship
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:57 am

headlinerluxi wrote:
    broegaard wrote:

i agree, but what i wanna say was, that i would be very fine to have some bands as brainstorm etc..onboard,
    headliners as blind guardian, hammerfall, volbeat, megadeth, anthrax or slayer would be awesome, but i can not imagine that we will have such a big surprise during the last days....before joining the ship

me too......

I think Volbeat is far away from the budget possibilities of UMC......
    metal4ever
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:59 am

dinki wrote:
    broegaard wrote:

i think there won't be a offical kamelot replacement. just another band that is not announced as "replacement"

he could lie..... :beerwink:

"Now we give you the awesome........,who will proudly replace Kamelot"
    metal4ever
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:55 am

Gimme Hellion!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:07 am

broegaard wrote:

I have asked andy directly, on multiple occasions(!!!), to book Magnum but he doesn't consider them metal either :(

But honestly - they are incredibly influential and quite frankly I reckon they are more 'metal' than Gotthard (no disrespect meant to Gotthard either - I love them to pieces).

So yeah - not arguing with you, but I think Magnum would have a lot of fans on broad and would draw a very decent crowd due to the Bob's standing in the metal community with his work on projects like Avantasia.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:41 am

Memnoch wrote:Last year the last bands included such awesome bands like Cryptopsy and Anaal Nathrakh, so I'm hoping for something good this time round too.

Fingers crossed. Sorely needed after the last couple batches.
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:49 am

broegaard wrote:I think Volbeat is far away from the budget possibilities of UMC......

I don't know. Both play as headliner on Metaldays this year and Metaldays are not really big or have not expensive tickets.
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:03 am

viathyn wrote:
    alex_canada wrote:If I had to choose, I think I might actually go for LH over Blind Guardian. I would rub it in everyone's face that I saw them. Man. I'm sweating just thinking about it.

:shock:

NEED. WOULD DIE. EVERYONE WOULD BE JEALOUS FOR ETERNITY.

CRYYYYYY OF A REEESTLESSSSSS SOOOOOOUUUUUUULL!

If this actually happened I would probably just lay down and allow myself to die after their last set. Life would be complete. Though I think by the horizon thing he just meant the boats departing soon.... BUT IM CROSSING EVERY DAMN FINGER I HAVE AND SOME OTHER PARTS OF MY BODY THAT SHOULDNT CROSS!!!! :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:32 am

Don't cross your dick, dude.

Anyways, yeah it was mentioned on facebook (based entirely from amount of facebook 'likes') that this year's cruise has 'smaller' bands. The 'biggest' ones this year are Death and Satyricon, with under half a million likes each. Compared to other years, 2011 testament with 1.4 million, 2012 nightwish with over 4 million (!!!), and 2013 in flames with over a million.

From conversations I've had with Andy in the past, he's mentioned that he's always got to book these 'huge' bands to draw a bunch of people (This was before the 2013 cruise, but the bands he mentioned were nightwish and in flames). I'm wondering if there are any bigger bands booked that will fulfill the "WE HAVE BIG SURPRISES FOR YOU" claim. It's pretty late in the game, though.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:39 am

I am okay with medium to small sized surprises, so long as they don't suck.
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:01 am

Chris wrote:I am okay with medium to small sized surprises, so long as they don't suck.

Absolutely. I'm really looking forward to Rising Storm, which is the smallest of them all, and I had heard of them before.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:04 am

All of our "small" bands this year are awesome! Cripper, Rising Storm and Izegrim I hope to catch 2 sets each!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:05 am

maybe is too late to draw people with one announcement....

I think only HUGE bands could have this effect so late in the season
    metal4ever
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:06 am

At this point they shouldn't be worried about selling the remaining cabins, just having a good lineup so that people will keep coming back.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:15 am

Stained Class wrote:At this point they shouldn't be worried about selling the remaining cabins, just having a good lineup so that people will keep coming back.

but by estimates /observation on the boat they did not sold out Barge and 70.000 tons 2013!!!!
    metal4ever
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:18 am

broegaard wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:At this point they shouldn't be worried about selling the remaining cabins, just having a good lineup so that people will keep coming back.

but by estimates /observation on the boat they did not sold out Barge and 70.000 tons 2013!!!!

No, but at this point they won't be able to sell many tickets.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:19 am

Stained Class wrote:
    broegaard wrote:

No, but at this point they won't be able to sell many tickets.

agreed
    metal4ever
    epartos
    Petty Officer

by epartos » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:27 am

broegaard wrote:me too......

I think Volbeat is far away from the budget possibilities of UMC......

Oh yes! Let´s hope so! Volbeat is by far the worst band ever!
    Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Get these guys on the boat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKLKzE77YrM
    SwallowYourSun
    Crewman

by SwallowYourSun » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:34 am

Not to start the negative train. I just wonder about public opinion.... have we forgotten about the 6 month silence UMC gave us, and are we just letting it go if not? Or are we gonna hound Andy a little about it. Cause at this point I'm apathetic....

CAN WE HAVE THE PAGANFEST LINEUP???? :metalguy: :shred:
    2018 wishlist:
    Finntroll, Wintersun, Wolfheart, In mourning , Interbeing, Aether Realm , Ne OBLIVISCARIUS , Eternal tears of sorrow, Dark Tranquillity, Swallow the sun, Thurisaz, Anathema, Devin Townsend Project, Shade Empire
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:35 am

SwallowYourSun wrote:Not to start the negative train. I just wonder about public opinion.... have we forgotten about the 6 month silence UMC gave us, and are we just letting it go if not? Or are we gonna hound Andy a little about it. Cause at this point I'm apathetic....

CAN WE HAVE THE PAGANFEST LINEUP???? :metalguy: :shred:

I'm not booking right away for next year. So, no, I haven't forgotten ;)
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
Post Reply 4708 posts