Post Reply 4708 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2014 Megathread
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

Re: THANK YOU!!!

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:33 am

I approve of absolutely no Yngvie on the boat. I don't hate the music, but he's such a dick. Do you really think he'd have a good time, and do you think you'd enjoy running into him? I don't think so.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:52 am

Wish = The Ocean leave their lead-singer home, and play the instrumental versions of their last three albums.
    "So sing, seaman, join my hymn of
    Blood and oil
    Sing her out, sing of our return to
    Rotten soil..."
    - AHAB
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:40 pm

Stained Class wrote:I have a request. In all 5 lineups we've never had an instrumental band. Can we get some sort of Instrumental/Virtuoso act onbroad next year? :mrgreen:
    Perfection would be any of:

CONQUERING DYSTOPIA!!!!!!!!! <-that band can we plz has that band plz?????
    Animals As Leaders
    Scale The Summit
    Andy James (From Sacred Mother Tongue)
    Christian Muenzner (From Obscura/Necrophagist/Spawn Of Possession/Paradox)
    Paul Wardingham
    Chon
    Kiko Louriero (From Angra)
    Joe Stump
    Yngwie Malmsteen ...almost forgot him hehe. Probably wouldn't do it.

What about Jeff Loomis???
    Wishlist: Hypocrisy Be’lakor Necrot Borknagar Blood Red Throne Earth Rot Decapitated Gatecreeper Jungle Rot Sylosis Wolfheart Within Temptation Wintersun Battelore
    epartos
    Petty Officer

by epartos » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:38 am

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:I approve of absolutely no Yngvie on the boat. I don't hate the music, but he's such a dick. Do you really think he'd have a good time, and do you think you'd enjoy running into him? I don't think so.

He does come off as a total asshole at times yes, but I have talked to him a couple of times and I have had the luck of never having to deal with the dark side of Yngwie.
    Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Get these guys on the boat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKLKzE77YrM
    epartos
    Petty Officer

by epartos » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:39 am

bernabeit wrote:What about Jeff Loomis???

YES! Tell him to get Nevermore together for like... two gigs... in January... with Broderick on the second guitar... DO IT! ;)
    Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Get these guys on the boat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKLKzE77YrM
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:18 am

bernabeit wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:I have a request. In all 5 lineups we've never had an instrumental band. Can we get some sort of Instrumental/Virtuoso act onbroad next year? :mrgreen:

Animals As Leaders
    Scale The Summit
    Paul Wardingham
    Chon
    Joe Stump

Dude, I would NEVER forget Jeff Loomis ;)

Stained Class wrote:CONQUERING DYSTOPIA!!!!!!!!! <-that band can we plz has that band plz?????

9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:36 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    bernabeit wrote:

Animals As Leaders
    Scale The Summit
    Paul Wardingham
    Chon
    Joe Stump

Dude, I would NEVER forget Jeff Loomis ;)

Stained Class wrote:CONQUERING DYSTOPIA!!!!!!!!! <-that band can we plz has that band plz?????

My bad, I was referring to his solo albums. Didn't realise he started a new project.
    Wishlist: Hypocrisy Be’lakor Necrot Borknagar Blood Red Throne Earth Rot Decapitated Gatecreeper Jungle Rot Sylosis Wolfheart Within Temptation Wintersun Battelore
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:17 pm

Yeah man, Loomis, Merrow, Rudinger and Webster. Gonna be siiiick.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:55 am

Did anyone get the name of the Canadian TV station that was interviewing people in Schooner the last night?
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:39 am

Speedy wrote:Did anyone get the name of the Canadian TV station that was interviewing people in Schooner the last night?

That mightve been my buddies in Extreme Metal Television.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:46 am

Stained Class wrote:
    Speedy wrote:Did anyone get the name of the Canadian TV station that was interviewing people in Schooner the last night?

Deb and I got interviewed by them too. :oops:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:45 pm

X-Thor wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

Deb and I got interviewed by them too. :oops:

So did Sam and I ! need to make sure that was them? was one dude named Luke? i met like 6 luke's this year.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:53 pm

Hm I don't think there was a Luke. Symon, Scott and Eric were the EMT guys onbroad this year.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:40 pm

Stained Class wrote:Hm I don't think there was a Luke. Symon, Scott and Eric were the EMT guys onbroad this year.

Okay. I can't remember the names now!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:55 pm

Main website changed. Sign up for the newsletter! :lol:

Getting ready for the 2015 rollout.

Edit: Looks like I was right!
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

62 Countries!

by Andy » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:27 pm

Sailors! It somehow happens that I am forgetting a country in my Thank You every year. I was so proud to have had 61 countries represented this year when in fact it was 62! My apologies go to Egypt this time!

How many Nations will we have represented next year when we sail to a country we never had a survivor from... yet?

DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

Re: 62 Countries!

by DragonLordJones » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:41 pm

how many countries are there in the world? :cheers: :beerhorns:

I know, google it ......... that's what I tell everyone who ask me a question I don't know :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:24 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:Ratebeer recognizes quite a few countries that aren't officially independent etc, but anyhow they do list 244 different, so we have some to go :D

We should sponsor ONE metalhead from every single country. It'll be like World Metal Vision. Feeed the world heavy metal!!! :mrgreen:
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:12 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:how many countries are there in the world? :cheers: :beerhorns:

I know, google it ......... that's what I tell everyone who ask me a question I don't know :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last time I counted was 156. But the way Ukraine and Venezuela are going, could be 2 more fractioned states/

Iknow, not funny.
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:31 pm

according to this site http://geography.about.com/cs/countries/a/numbercountries.htm 196 seems to be the most accurate number ... so we have a long way to go before we max out :cheers: :beerhorns:
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:09 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:according to this site http://geography.about.com/cs/countries/a/numbercountries.htm 196 seems to be the most accurate number ... so we have a long way to go before we max out :cheers: :beerhorns:

62/196 means 31,63% of the countries had someone onboard.. thats really impressive in any possible way to look at it...

but we still have 68,37% to go :viking:

another question... how many countries did we have EVER? was there any countries represented in previously cruises that weren't onboard this year?
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Thu May 22, 2014 11:08 am

Andy wrote:...all of you went through a lot of waiting and suspense. I will make personally sure that such a thing will not happen again!

Hmmm....
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Thu May 22, 2014 12:19 pm

Who is this mysterious spirit "Andy" you speak of?
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu May 22, 2014 6:14 pm

EvilDan wrote:
    Andy wrote:...all of you went through a lot of waiting and suspense. I will make personally sure that such a thing will not happen again!

Hmmm....

Yeah :?
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu May 22, 2014 7:00 pm

When this thread appeared at the top of my 'view new posts' view this morning, for a brief moment I thought the skipper had given us an update.

HAHAHAH - silly me :P It's barely been 2 MONTHS since Apocalyptica were announced. It's not like he personally made a promise that something like this would not happen again.

Oh. Wait.

Seriously though - there is a meme here just waiting for someone with some skillz in that department :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Fri May 23, 2014 1:17 am

So the longest wait this year will be one day shorter than last year?
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri May 23, 2014 8:07 am

cowboy71 wrote:When this thread appeared at the top of my 'view new posts' view this morning, for a brief moment I thought the skipper had given us an update.

HAHAHAH - silly me :P It's barely been 2 MONTHS since Apocalyptica were announced. It's not like he personally made a promise that something like this would not happen again.

Oh. Wait.

Seriously though - there is a meme here just waiting for someone with some skillz in that department :P

To be fair, there have been a couple of noannouncements on the 70K fb page... So it's not like last year's absolute silence... :roll:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri May 23, 2014 10:31 am

X-Thor wrote:To be fair, there have been a couple of noannouncements on the 70K fb page... So it's not like last year's absolute silence... :roll:

There have??? :shock:

Damn, I wish I spent more time on FB...

oh wait... :?
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
Post Reply 4708 posts