Post Reply 4744 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2014 Megathread
    Chris
    Petty Officer

Re: You have decided! Costa Maya, MEXICO it is!

by Chris » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:10 am

Maybe they just took offense to the Zoolander comparison.
    SwallowYourSun
    Crewman

by SwallowYourSun » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:48 pm

I'll be willing to bet, when bands are announced, The Absence and Obituary will be on there. Also as a
    Close other 2... ALLEGAEON and Omnium Gatherum. I'll take all those, happily. : :givebeer: shred:
    2018 wishlist:
    Finntroll, Wintersun, Wolfheart, In mourning , Interbeing, Aether Realm , Ne OBLIVISCARIUS , Eternal tears of sorrow, Dark Tranquillity, Swallow the sun, Thurisaz, Anathema, Devin Townsend Project, Shade Empire
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:30 pm

:viking:
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:31 pm

an announcement we got an announcement :cheers: :beerhorns: :givebeer:
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:33 pm

Not the epic greatness I dream of. But I'll take it!
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

How long have you felt like THE HAUNTED?

by Andy » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:33 pm

You have not heard much from us lately, as if we were haunting you... Who will complete the line-up of 70000TONS OF METAL 2014? So let's get this campaign started by THE HAUNTED with Patrik Jensen and Ola Englund on guitars, Marco Aro on Vocals, Jonas Björler on Bass and Adrian Erlandsson on Drums on board 70000TONS OF METAL, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise.

As many of you already know, due to personal scheduling conflicts, Kamelot will unfortunately not join us this upcoming January. A replacement is going to be announced.

Chris
    Petty Officer

Re: How long have you felt like THE HAUNTED?

by Chris » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:36 pm

Replacement for Kamelot will not be announced "soon"?
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:37 pm

Announcement!!! Yay!!!
    The Haunted. Meh.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Ingrid
    Petty Officer

by Ingrid » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:37 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:

It is alive!
    Not my kind of band, don't love it, don't hate it, but glad to see an announcement!
    www.metal-exposure.com
    carlynjason
    Petty Officer

by carlynjason » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:07 pm

Well something happened, not my cup of tea but somthing :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:27 pm

Fucking YAY!

Not a terrible addition - will check out a set :)

More importantly, signs of life, adding of band = GAME ON!!! :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:32 pm

Nice too hear from you again Andy and nice addition :shred:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:38 pm

I jammed the shit out of One Kill Wonder back in the day... still do. Very happy with this addition! :shred:

Also:
    Who will complete the line-up of 70000TONS OF METAL 2014? So let's get this campaign started by THE HAUNTED...

More to come... soon!
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:42 pm

I wish I would have known this before I went shopping this morning cause I would have picked up one of their cds
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:46 pm

cowboy71 wrote:As of 11/11, this is how things have appeared in previous years:

2011 - 35 bands on the lineup (Voivod added on 10 Nov, followed by a 23 day drought)
    2012 - 28 bands on the lineup (announcement drought from 16 Oct to 07 Dec)
    2013 - 25 bands on the lineup (Unexpect added on 10 Nov, followed by an announcement drought of 42 days)

So, never been a November announcement later than the 10th, but there has been an announcement on that day 2/3 years.

In other words, given that weekend band announcements are VERY rare, if we don't get anything Friday we can forget about getting any bands until at least December :P

Also, got to say - not bad work me :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:52 pm

Azazel101 wrote:I wish I would have known this before I went shopping this morning cause I would have picked up one of their cds

This'll do for now!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzfaVTFkY5c
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:58 pm

Not a band I like, but it's a band. And I love how it's like they cut the last word(s) off the last sentence. No "soon", no "in the coming weeks", no "on the horizon".
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:01 am

Warphine wrote:This'll do for now!

they could be a good 10 in the morning band to fire off the day :lol: :cheers: :beerhorns:
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:06 am

Memnoch wrote:And I love how it's like they cut the last word(s) off the last sentence. No "soon", no "in the coming weeks", no "on the horizon".

Knowing UMC it will probably be soon (real soon, not UMC soon) when they don't say "soon". :lol:
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:08 am

Nice announcement. I hope they stick with songs from the first three albums.

With The Haunted on 70K, we now have 2/5 of At The Gates on the boat.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:07 am

DragonLordJones wrote:
    Warphine wrote:This'll do for now!

they could be a good 10 in the morning band to fire off the day :lol: :cheers: :beerhorns:

The Haunted will be a a mid-tier, 2 x 1hr sets, band.

Which gets me to thinking - this year we had 3 bands do 1 1/4 hour sets (Helloween, Rage/LMO, In Flames), Year 1 we had 2 do 1 1/2 hrs (Saxon and Blind Guardian), and year 2 I think we had 2 x 1 1/2 (Nightwish and someone else?) and CoB did 2 x 1 1/4.

Do we have any 'headliner' bands yet?

I'm thinking Carcass and maybe Symphony X.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:51 am

Not hugely stoked on the band after a couple listens but yay announcements!

Also I hate to be the one to say it. A lot of people are saying that there's now 2 members of At The Gates already on, but Anders quit the Haunted a while ago, so only 1 common member.

edit 2: nevermind, I'm dumb. Was 3 before Anders quit and now there's Adrian and Jonas
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:49 am

Yes a band, not what I like, but a band. UMC is still alive. :D

Thanks !
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:38 am

I like how they didn't wait for the six month mark to pass :D.

Not too familiar with The Haunted, but I'll check them out on youtube asap.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:44 am

Not the biggest fan of The Haunted but I used to dig the the first two albums quite a bit. I think I still have them lying around, so its time to unearth them and familiarize myself with them. Better that they were announced now than later. Not complaining one bit. I will check out one set for the fond memories of them make in their earlier days.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:25 am

I also wanted to add, that I am happy to see that UMC have acknowledged Kamelot's cancellation before making any further announcements. Not a big fan of the band any longer, but one must admit, it was a big deal. :cheers:
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:31 am

cowboy71 wrote:In other words, given that weekend band announcements are VERY rare, if we don't get anything Friday we can forget about getting any bands until at least December :P

Statsman ftmfw!
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:33 am

Azazel101 wrote:I wish I would have known this before I went shopping this morning cause I would have picked up one of their cds

Woke up this morning to an ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!! I don't know this band, so it's time to hit amazon.com and buy a couple of their CDs!
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:34 am

Good announcement for my books. However I think it might have been nice to have an apology rather than a pun included in regard to their almost six months of no band announcements but hey, that's me. Its really quite time this line up gets wrapped up.

Anyone else suspect that the only reason we even got an announcement was because Glen the promoter of prog power called Andy and the festival out publicly? Comparing it to the Rock Harvest festival etc? I'll never go to prog power because of my tastes but I feel I owe that promoter a tip of my hat in thanks :lol: :roll:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:41 am

vikingbitch wrote:Good announcement for my books. However I think it might have been nice to have an apology rather than a pun included in regard to their almost six months of no band announcements but hey, that's me. Its really quite time this line up gets wrapped up.

Anyone else suspect that the only reason we even got an announcement was because Glen the promoter of prog power called Andy and the festival out publicly? Comparing it to the Rock Harvest festival etc? I'll never go to prog power because of my tastes but I feel I owe that promoter a tip of my hat in thanks :lol: :roll:

Didn't see the Glen The Promoter quote. Do you have a link? Also agree fully that an apology was needed...but I don't think Andy will ever apologize for anything.
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:42 am

Holy shit !!!!!!!!!!! An announcement, and a good one!!!!!
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:44 am

meshuggah wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:Good announcement for my books. However I think it might have been nice to have an apology rather than a pun included in regard to their almost six months of no band announcements but hey, that's me. Its really quite time this line up gets wrapped up.

Didn't see the Glen The Promoter quote. Do you have a link? Also agree fully that an apology was needed...but I don't think Andy will ever apologize for anything.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/progpower-usa-lounge/908767-70k-tons-cruise-drama.html

Yup, I definitely don't see any apologies in our future - not even "soon" :lol:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:46 am

Does this make 4 bands that Adrian Erlandsson has played for on a cruise? Granted, the first 3 were all on Barge unless I'm missing something. Does that count as cruise whore or no since he is only on his second cruise?

Nice to see an announcement. With the name they should have been announced on Halloween. Never been a fan of The Haunted, though.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:49 am

so, yeah... with Marco Aro back on vocals I'd be excited to see if they can tear it up like they did back when they were touring for "Made Me Do It"... if I decide to go, I'll definitely watch one set and could end up at 2 if the first doesn't disappoint (I mean, I'm sure the band's gonna try to have Marco do some of their incredibly bad material from when Peter Dolving was on vocals (though he was good on their 1st record, he was awful when he rejoined)...
    basically, what I'm saying is.... my wallet isn't open yet, but this announcement can help the overall value for me
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:26 am

Zzzzzzzzzz
    SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:36 am

Not a band I need to see but I have never seen.
    I will catch a few songs time permitting
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:51 am

Finally, happy to see some news! Any news at all.

Good.

:boobs:

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, Rippikoulu, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Bewitcher, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:49 am

I would be happy if they played The Haunted Made Me Do It ! in its entirety. I do not understand cruisers whom are bitching both about non announcements and then again bitching when we get an announcement.. Spoiled much ? I am just happy we have LIFE.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:14 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:I would be happy if they played The Haunted Made Me Do It ! in its entirety. I do not understand cruisers whom are bitching both about non announcements and then again bitching when we get an announcement.. Spoiled much ? I am just happy we have LIFE.

:lol: ya, knew that was gonna happen. Bitchers gon bitch!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:36 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote:I would be happy if they played The Haunted Made Me Do It ! in its entirety. I do not understand cruisers whom are bitching both about non announcements and then again bitching when we get an announcement.. Spoiled much ? I am just happy we have LIFE.

:lol: ya, knew that was gonna happen. Bitchers gon bitch!

Meh, unfortunately one announcement hasn't erased the past six months of how we've been treated as customers. And its a hefty list to make amends for.
  • Post Reply 4744 posts