Post Reply 4744 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2014 Megathread
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Online Check-In Is Now Open!

by Metaladdict187 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:03 pm

How about the words Wintersun, Moonspell???????

:?
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:12 pm

Metaladdict187 wrote:How about the words Wintersun, Moonspell???????

Wintersun, Moonspell, AMORPHIS and Hibria!! :shred: :shred: :shred:
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019, 2020- :(
    2021- SET SAIL!
    RIP Andre Matos
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:40 pm

Satisfying announcements. :shred: Can not wait.
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:42 pm

Mr.Kito wrote:
    Metaladdict187 wrote:How about the words Wintersun, Moonspell???????

Wintersun, Moonspell, AMORPHIS and Hibria!! :shred: :shred: :shred:

Now we are talking!
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year!

by X-Thor » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:42 pm

Nicolas0928 wrote:
    pablov8 wrote:
    pablov8 wrote:Andy, I challenge you to include the word "Kitchen" in the next announcement.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH Andy accepted my challenge!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking EPIC :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Now Challenge Andy to include the words "Guardian" and "Blind" in the next announcement!

THIS. A THOUSAND TIMES THIS.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:48 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:
    meshuggah wrote:I hereby challenge Andy to use "MOTORHEAD" in the next announcement.

What he said ... I second that challenge :cheers: :beerhorns:

It is time to push in the Clutchand get that Motörhead Runningwild because we are about to get Airbourn and hope we land back on planet Earth
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    SwallowYourSun
    Crewman

by SwallowYourSun » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:09 pm

My picks for the final bands...assuming 42

Moonspell
    Amorphis
    Allegaeon
    In mourning
    Interbeing
    Motorhead
    Immortal
    Ovids Withering
    Mercenary
    Omnium Gatherum
    2018 wishlist:
    Finntroll, Wintersun, Wolfheart, In mourning , Interbeing, Aether Realm , Ne OBLIVISCARIUS , Eternal tears of sorrow, Dark Tranquillity, Swallow the sun, Thurisaz, Anathema, Devin Townsend Project, Shade Empire
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:30 pm

SwallowYourSun wrote:Ovids Withering

Where are you from? Cant remember what show they were opening for but I want to say I wanted to see them and ended up missing them.
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:41 pm

So...

Death To All, Dark Tranquility, Orphaned Land, Haggard, Gloryhammer, Carcass...

This year's lineup is fucking awesome.

And if CERTAIN BAND is added, it will be the best ever.

(But I don't think it will :cry: )

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:01 pm

The lineup would need at least another 2 wishlist bands for me for it to be the best ever. Gloryhammer has certainly made it a hell of a lot better at least :D

But if you added ANY two of Magnum/Pythia/Powerwolf/Amaranthe/Revamp/Avantasia/Van Canto/Civil War/Rhapsody - that would make it best ever for me.

Still 10(ish) to be added - so who knows?

Last 10 announcements, all previous cruises:
    2011 - The Absence, Arsis, Circle II Circle, Malevolent Creation, Destruction, Dusk Machine, Twilight of the Gods, Voivod, Blackguard, Blind Guardian
    2012 - Diamond Plate, Megora, Candlemass, Massacre, Vicious Rumors, Sapiency, Edguy, Crowbar, Orphaned Land, Kataklysm
    2013 - Cryptopsy, Fatale Smile, Steel Engraved, Etecc, Anaal Nathrakh, Nightmare, Threat Signal, Holy Grail, Lizzy Borden, Inquisition

Each year I've had bands off my wishlist in the final 10, so I'm gonna keep hoping :D
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:09 pm

cowboy71 wrote:The lineup would need at least another 2 wishlist bands for me for it to be the best ever. Gloryhammer has certainly made it a hell of a lot better at least :D

But if you added ANY two of Magnum/Pythia/Powerwolf/Amaranthe/Revamp/Avantasia/Van Canto/Civil War/Rhapsody - that would make it best ever for me.

Still 10(ish) to be added - so who knows?

Last 10 announcements, all previous cruises:
    2011 - The Absence, Arsis, Circle II Circle, Malevolent Creation, Destruction, Dusk Machine, Twilight of the Gods, Void, Blackguard, Blind Guardian
    2012 - Diamond Plate, Megora, Candlemass, Massacre, Vicious Rumors, Sapiency, Edguy, Crowbar, Orphaned Land, Kataklysm
    2013 - Cryptopsy, Fatale Smile, Steel Engraved, Etecc, Anaal Nathrakh, Nightmare, Threat Signal, Holy Grail, Lizzy Borden, Inquisition

Each year I've had bands off my wishlist in the final 10, so I'm gonna keep hoping :D

Hum, so 2011 and 2012 had some pretty big announcements in the last days... Not so much for 2013, but I guess last year already had a lot of big names by then...

So I'm hoping for one or two big names to be added.

--
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:14 pm

2011 is deceptive though - last 10 does not equal "last days", because the lineup was announced in a more timely fashion.

Blackguard and Blind Guardian were the 33rd and 34th bands announced, and that was on the 25th of October.

However in 2012, Edguy and Candlemass were announced within the last 10 days prior to sailing. Certainly could call those big, and last minute, announcements.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    carlynjason
    Petty Officer

by carlynjason » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:31 pm

Well 2 weeks too go until Booze & Metal, great announcements, now we need ReVamp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :chug:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:34 pm

carlynjason wrote:Well 2 weeks too go until Booze & Metal, great announcements, now we need ReVamp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :chug:

That's why I changed my avatar today to a photo of me with Floor.

Willing it to happen!!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:43 pm

Hmm Gloryhammer. Think anyone will be able to get a picture of Christopher Bowes without his pants down? the amount of times I saw that dudes ass in 2012 is gonna scar me for life
    SwallowYourSun
    Crewman

by SwallowYourSun » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:23 pm

Monmisreal wrote:
    SwallowYourSun wrote:Ovids Withering

Where are you from? Cant remember what show they were opening for but I want to say I wanted to see them and ended up missing them.

Tampa Bay Florida. ... they are from here but they just did a US tour.
    2018 wishlist:
    Finntroll, Wintersun, Wolfheart, In mourning , Interbeing, Aether Realm , Ne OBLIVISCARIUS , Eternal tears of sorrow, Dark Tranquillity, Swallow the sun, Thurisaz, Anathema, Devin Townsend Project, Shade Empire
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:27 pm

Don't know both band at that time. Try to get inside till we sail.
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:43 pm

Poltergeist is a wishlist bnd for me and I didn't even they were possible for this year's cruise. Nice addition, Andy. Can't complain about this one. :shred:
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:10 pm

Crimfall
    Saint Vitus
    High on Fire
    Red Fang
    Svartsot
    Running Wild
    Earthride
    Edenbridge
    Grand Magus
    Hate
    Iron Fire
    Jorn
    Jungle Rot

I guess any couple of these 13 will do as to add variety ................. did I mention Motorhead ha ha ha :cheers: :beerhorns:

King of Asgard ... because 13 is lucky and I could ask for 100's more how about HeadCat (rockabilly) Lemmy side project :bangers:
    Last edited by DragonLordJones on Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:10 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:Just shows true metalheads. POLTER'FUCKING'GEIST !!!!!!!!!!!!! RARE SWISS CLASSIC THRASH.

THANK YOU ANDY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you do not know of this band, do as Capt. Metal Donn said and GET SKOOLED
    Ihttp://youtu.be/5XG3iJ9W4FI

pitting to power thrash !

Thanks for link Scott. Great band I'd never heard of. Would definitely be a 2 setter for me if I were coming again this year. Enjoy 'em thrash fans!! :shred:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:21 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:Running Wild

Would LOVE to see Running Wild. Only chance I've ever had was Rockwave Greece 2004 - but they cancelled a few days prior to the festival :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:20 am

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:Poltergeist is a wishlist bnd for me and I didn't even they were possible for this year's cruise. Nice addition, Andy. Can't complain about this one. :shred:

Same for me.
    Did not expect them to be added, though I knew they would reunite.
    Thanks Andy for this sweet announcement.
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:48 am

The wording of the last announcement - the whole genre-diversity, everything but the kitchen sink thing - got me to thinking, what haven't we had on any 70k yet?

An All-girl group - how about Crucified Barbara?
    Christian Metal - Believer, Living Sacrifice, Tourniquet
    An Australian band - Lord, Vanishing Point, Claim The Throne, Ne Obliviscaris, Be'lakor, Voyager, etc
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:56 am

cowboy71 wrote:what haven't we had on any 70k yet?

A Vomitory farewell show. :mrgreen:

We're been lacking in proper death metal. Get Vomitory onbroad and I'll never complain again. And some girlie bands. And maybe Primordial. And Martin van Drunen. Hell, just bring Martin and have him do karaoke.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:14 am

We also haven't had MAGNUM on any 70k yet :P

That needs to be rectified immediately!!!! :heavydrink:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:29 am

So now I would like once again a band that is not close to retirement. :bitch:

Moonspell, Be'lakor, Ahab, Anathema, Equinoxx, Undertow...

:lol: :bangers: :lol:

mindgrind
    Petty Officer

by mindgrind » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:51 am

thanks Andy I like this ..oh ya bring on GOATWHORE, :beerhorns:
    2019 - Deck 2
    2018 - Deck 10
    2017 - Deck 7
    2016 -
    2015 - Deck 9
    2014 - Deck 4
    2013 - Deck 3
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 6
    2011 - Deck 7
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:08 am

Glory who?

Cool. Two bands I've never heard of but
    what makes this event interesting is that
    there are always bands to be discovered.
    I never gave Evergrey a chance in hell
    until I saw them on the pool deck last cruise!

So this gives me a chance to hunt down their songs and
    see what I like/dislike.

:boobs:

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, Rippikoulu, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Bewitcher, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Where to start?

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, Rippikoulu, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Bewitcher, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:21 am

Cardest wrote:Where to start?

Gloryhammer are a powermetal side project of Chris from Alestorm. They play cheesy as hell powermetal and do not take themselves seriously at all.

You can start, and end, with Angus McFife:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTW30Q4B3Go

If you don't like this, you're gonna hate 'em.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:47 am

cowboy71 wrote:

Gloryhammer are a powermetal side project of Chris from Alestorm. They play cheesy as hell powermetal and do not take themselves seriously at all.

Ah Cool. Sounds good.
    I will have a listen now!
    cHEERS

• broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:12 am

cowboy71 wrote:

Best annoucement after the first 4 eggs....
    metal4ever
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:24 am

Just because I was bored, I logged into the PS3 this evening and got onto the Vidzone (Music video channel).

Searched for all the artists that are on 70k to see what sort of a playlist I could build. I found? SIX. SONGS. :P

But the six songs were rather interesting:

Dark Tranquillity - In My Absence
    Dark Tranquillity - Zero Distance
    Satyricon - Fuel for Hatred
    The Haunted - No Ghost (live at Wacken)
    Xandria - Ravenheart
    Xandria - Save My Life

Got DT playing at the moment - faaaaaar out I cannot wait to see these boys again!!!! :headbanger:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    RootOfAllEvil
    Crewman

by RootOfAllEvil » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:09 am

cowboy71 wrote:Got DT playing at the moment - faaaaaar out I cannot wait to see these boys again!!!! :headbanger:

DT rule supreme. Nuff said.

:shred:
  • Soundchaser
    Petty Officer

by Soundchaser » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:32 am

Andy, don't forget to announce KALMAH! :cool:
    70kt Survivor: 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 / 2020
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:39 am

Dream announcement:

Amorphis, Accept (Bands starting with A), Eluveitie, Voyager, Bling Guardian, Threshold, Death Deals, vomitory, a girlie band
    metal4ever
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:54 am

Bands starting with an A: Aborted, Ade, Asphyx, Avulsed
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:56 am

broegaard wrote:Dream announcement:

Amorphis, Accept (Bands starting with A), Eluveitie, Voyager, Bling Guardian, Threshold, Death Deals, vomitory, a girlie band

Dream announcement - realistically hoping for one or two of these:

Blind Guardian, Revamp, Amaranthe, Rhapsody of Fire, Magnum, Pythia, Powerwolf, Van Canto, Therion, Tarot
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:02 am

Memnoch wrote:Bands starting with an A: Aborted, Ade, Asphyx, Avulsed

Anathema

Ok, me than a dream announcement for me and not realistic. :cry:

• drrock
    Crewman

by drrock » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:31 am

The last announcements don´t make anything better.

Compared to the previous cruises this years line-up sucks!

But still there is hope that a) amongst the last bands to announce are some really good ones (what about canadian fellas ANVIL and why not an encore of TROUBLE??)) and b) that amongst the bands on board some will turn out to be magnificent.

Despite all anger about the line-up I am counting the days to be there again and enjoy the trip of a lifetime once more!!

CU all soon!
    2017 = 40 yrs in rock and metal!
Post Reply 4744 posts