Post Reply 92 posts
Destination?
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

Destination?

by Memnoch » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:16 am

So, what would be the best choices for the port of call for 2014?

I'd like it to be someplace rather close to Miami, hell, we could stay right off the pier in Miami. Or Key West would be ok too.
    How about something like Cancun?
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Lala
    Midshipman

Re: Destination?

by Lala » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:31 am

Jamaica would be good - the it's too far away, would be only 3 or 4 Hours time on the Island. Cancun is too big for a stopover.
    Labadee or CocoCay, the private RC Islands, would be ok. Wasn't Grand Turk much better than Cozumel and Grand Cayman? Just a few steps from the beach, drinks, music.....
    Not Nassau or Key West, please - but stay on the pier or in a dock would also be ok.....
    Last edited by Lala on Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived - 2021 - definetly maybe NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:42 am

I find it rather unimportant, because a day is too short for me. We woke up this year just before 12 clock, then have quickly breakfast and then went from the ship. We jumped in the sea and then went back to the ship, because we wanted to see Subway to Sally. To me it is more of a day to sleep. It is therefore not really important where the ship stops . :bangers:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:46 am

Lala wrote:Wasn't Grand Turk much better than Cozumel and Grand Cayman?

Yes, Grand Turk was definitely the best destination so far. Obviously us being the only boat there that day helped a lot and we had the island to ourselves that day.
    Wishlist:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:35 am

I'm gonna vote Labadee, Haiti if we can. If not, Key West. Turks and Caicos was good too so I wouldn't mind that.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:02 am

I really liked how we were the only ship at the Grand Turk Island - I like that better the having a shit load of others around.

In the end I don't care where we go - I would like to keep going to new destinations though rather than repeates so I get to see different places I;ve bener been : )

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:04 am

LadyBlackfhyre wrote:I really liked how we were the only ship at the Grand Turk Island - I like that better the having a shit load of others around.

In the end I don't care where we go - I would like to keep going to new destinations though rather than repeates so I get to see different places I;ve bener been : )

Hehe I thought that said boner.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:30 am

Stained Class wrote:
    LadyBlackfhyre wrote:I really liked how we were the only ship at the Grand Turk Island - I like that better the having a shit load of others around.

Hehe I thought that said boner.

Oh damn... I can not type for the life of me...
    Today is one of those days..... ahhhhhh

BONER!!! (now I said it!)

LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:58 am

I agree ^

If we were to do a repeat it'd be Grand Turks - I had the best time there!!!!!

Jamaica would be excellent if feesible - I'm terrible with geography so I really don't know what is close enough to reach

Are we going to be given a list of options to vote for?

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:15 am

LadyBlackfhyre wrote:I agree ^

If we were to do a repeat it'd be Grand Turks - I had the best time there!!!!!

Jamaica would be excellent if feesible - I'm terrible with geography so I really don't know what is close enough to reach

Are we going to be given a list of options to vote for?

I assume we'll be given a list so we know what's close enough and what isn't. Jamaica is just barely too far.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:15 pm

Grand Turk +1
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:40 pm

If the rumor thread is anything to believe, our island destination will most likely be a repeat too. But, does the no-repeats-from-previous-cruise rule apply to destination too? :lol:

So, if we're voting, I'd say it's either Cozumel or the Caymans. Did anyone hear if either of the islands had good time with us? :lol:
    Wishlist:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:43 pm

My vote would go to Labadee if it's an option since it seems fun. If not that, then definitely Cockburn Town.

Did anyone like Nassau? Damn that place sucked. I hope it's not even an option. :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:56 pm

mooyagi wrote:Did anyone like Nassau? Damn that place sucked. I hope it's not even an option. :lol:

Well, the repeats so far have been crappy, so I can see the only repeat from Barge being Nassau.
    Wishlist:
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:01 pm

I wouldn't want to go back to Cozumel, I really disliked how I couldn't make it down the street without being harassed to buy shit I didn't want - I did go to the Mayan Ruins which was cool but honestly way too much walking for a body that has been through mosh pits for 2 days prior ...
    Also - the taxi cab I took in Cozumel to the Mayan Ruins... at one point of the ride there the cab driver stopped in an alleyway by some houses and said "wait here one minute" got out of the cab and went into one of the houses.....really sketchy...

I agree with the not liking having to wait for a boat to get to the Cayman Islands - BUT I did go to the Turtle Farm and that was AWESOME!!!!!! I wouldn't mind going there again

BUT like everyone else Cockburn Town was by far the MOST FUN and I totally would be fine if we went back there again - I loved how it was pretty much just us metalheads on the beach and how close our ship was and it was overall just really fucking awesome \m/

Maso
    Petty Officer

by Maso » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:08 pm

Lets just go to the other side of Florida. There is Port Royal in Naples, so lets book Running Wild to play on broad.
    2012 - offshore
    2013 - Survivor
    2014 - Survivor
    2015 - booked and paid

Wishlist:
    Girlie & tech death
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:36 pm

Loved Cockburn, wouldn't mind that again.
    Liked Caymen Islands but already went to the Turtle Farm so I don't know if there would be much else to do there.
    I thought the Mayan ruins were very cool but would use an ATV next time.
    Would be open to new destinations as well but Cockburn kicked ass
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:10 pm

I thought Cozumel sucked. Concrete tourist trap.
    I really liked Cayman - if there was no shuttle boat it would be my pick in an instant.
    However, I guess I'd have to vote for Turks even though Cayman was my best experience once on shore.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

by Andy » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:15 pm

I am working on a list of destinations that will include previous ports of call but also a few new options. Maybe 5-10 destinations total to vote from.

We are limited by the speed of the vessel. Therefore Jamaica for example is not going to happen. That was my very first immediate thought years ago after it was clear that we will sail out of Miami. But unfortunately our good old lady is not fast enough. We would make it there, but we could only stay for 3 hours or so and that's just not worth it.

Cuba does not work of known reasons. And only going to another US port (Key West for example) also does not work, because if we would not make a second additional stop abroad, it would become internal US transportation and that opens a whole new can of worms with tax implications and so on.

More information will follow... ;)

:cheers:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:22 pm

Thanks for the info Andy! Too bad about Key West, I think Labadee will get my vote and if that can't be done Turks is probably the best bet.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:12 pm

Thanks a bunch for the info Andy, this year is off to an informative start! :cheers:
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:49 pm

Thanks for the info Skip!
    I should get around to updating my signature
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:10 pm

Andy, that was some straight up solid informative posting! I like it!
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • Some1Wicked
    Oiler

by Some1Wicked » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:12 pm

Grand Cayman was fun. I would love to go there again since there is so much to do.

But I loved being the only ones at Grand Turk. Having the whole island to ourselves was such a fun time. Didn't have to fight for a chair and didn't have to wait long for food and it wasn't as big of a tourist trap.

Grand Turk would probably be my choice of repeats. More Gangnam Style in the pool!
  • Samhain
    Petty Officer

by Samhain » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:16 pm

I enjoyed the Turks but my preference is Grand Cayman. $5 taxi, 10 minute drive, nicer beach and excellent, totally metal tiki shack experience.

I'd be interested in new destinations though :)
    Wishlist 70K 2016: Aborted, At the Gates, Devin Townsend, Kreator, Panzerfaust, Rotting Christ.

Survivor 70K 2011-2012-2013-2014-2015
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:36 pm

alex_canada wrote:Thanks a bunch for the info Andy, this year is off to an informative start! :cheers:

This.
    Wishlist:
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:16 am

Belize or Haiti.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jebus_Cripes » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:26 am

Haiti would be cool and is the Dominican an option or am I crazy for thinking that?
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:37 am

Memnoch wrote:
    alex_canada wrote:Thanks a bunch for the info Andy, this year is off to an informative start! :cheers:

This.

:beerbang:
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:32 am

What islands are within range ??

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:41 am

LadyBlackfhyre wrote:What islands are within range ??

It's hard to say. To know exactly we'll have to wait til Andy posts the list. Only ones I can think of that we haven't been to are Labadee Haiti, the North side of the Dominican, and maybe Belize City.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:29 am

grab a map and a compass (the thing with a sharp point attached at a hinge to a writing utensil... put the sharp point on Miami and the writing utensil on the furthest previous destination, and draw a circle
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:34 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:grab a map and a compass (the thing with a sharp point attached at a hinge to a writing utensil... put the sharp point on Miami and the writing utensil on the furthest previous destination, and draw a circle

You're forgetting that they have to travel around Cuba or other islands to get to some places. If we were travelling by blimp this would be an ok method hehe :mrgreen:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:36 am

Stained Class wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:grab a map and a compass (the thing with a sharp point attached at a hinge to a writing utensil... put the sharp point on Miami and the writing utensil on the furthest previous destination, and draw a circle

You're forgetting that they have to travel around Cuba or other islands to get to some places. If we were travelling by blimp this would be an ok method hehe :mrgreen:

this narrows down the range... after that there's a thing called "common sense" that you *might* have heard of...

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:44 am

Stained Class wrote:

Until the Cuban military shoots down your blimp for violating their airspace.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:46 am

Is Guantanamo Bay an option? :P
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:49 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

this narrows down the range... after that there's a thing called "common sense" that you *might* have heard of...

Yeah that's how I came up with those 3 I listed earlier. Are you not in a good mood today or something?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:29 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:You're forgetting that they have to travel around Cuba or other islands to get to some places. If we were travelling by blimp this would be an ok method hehe :mrgreen:

Yeah that's how I came up with those 3 I listed earlier. Are you not in a good mood today or something?

I'm fine, just defending logic...

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • Soundchaser
    Petty Officer

by Soundchaser » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:48 pm

Thx for update Andy
    :cheers:

don't know the previous destinations but Grand Turk was perfect.
    70kt Survivor: 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 / 2020
    Maso
    Petty Officer

by Maso » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:54 pm

Grand Turk was great. I'm very sad I missed Cayman last year. I need to get there and open a bank account in one of their banks. So, repeating that would be OK for me. Maybe not 2014 but SOON.
    2012 - offshore
    2013 - Survivor
    2014 - Survivor
    2015 - booked and paid

Wishlist:
    Girlie & tech death
Post Reply 92 posts