Post Reply 440 posts
Where's Our Next Announcement Bitch Thread 2014
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Where's Our Next Announcement Bitch Thread 2014

by cowboy71 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:35 pm

Looking on the brightside, back when Carcass was announced we had 254 days to go and 26 bands to announce. A band, on average, every 9.7 days.

NOW, we are down to 142 days to go, and still 26 bands to announce.

Thats a band every 5.4 days :)

Yeah I know, I'm fucking clutching at straws here :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    mindgrind
    Petty Officer

by mindgrind » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:38 pm

and Memnoch said everyone trusts the Finns, I'll trust them if they could read a calender.....see what happens when you shot a tv once or should I say a gun once hahah :death:
    2019 - Deck 2
    2018 - Deck 10
    2017 - Deck 7
    2016 -
    2015 - Deck 9
    2014 - Deck 4
    2013 - Deck 3
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 6
    2011 - Deck 7
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:39 pm

Look I'm down with the fact that Andy is busy, and I know 100% after 3 knockout 70Ks that 2014 is gonna be awesome, but does anyone think that UMC are damaging the brand with their tomfoolery this time around?

There is so much competition out there now, that the other cruises must be rubbing their hands with glee. I mean, UMC made that not-so-subtle dig at other cruises last time around about how UMC "spare no expense to even take out the seats in the theater".

If I was running one of those other cruises bite back and say stuff like "we may not spare no expense to take out seats, instead we employ more staff so we can announce our bands in a timely fashion".

[/endrant]
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:39 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Look I'm down with the fact that Andy is busy, and I know 100% after 3 knockout 70Ks that 2014 is gonna be awesome, but does anyone think that UMC are damaging the brand with their tomfoolery this time around?

There is so much competition out there now, that the other cruises must be rubbing their hands with glee. I mean, UMC made that not-so-subtle dig at other cruises last time around about how UMC "spare no expense to even take out the seats in the theater".

If I was running one of those other cruises bite back and say stuff like "we may not spare no expense to take out seats, instead we employ more staff so we can announce our bands in a timely fashion".

[/endrant]

If I ran a company with a similar product to 70K, I'd totally say things like "Book now and you will know the running order before you get on the plane" or "_______ cruise, where all the bands are announced in a timely fashion".
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:02 pm

X-Thor wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Look I'm down with the fact that Andy is busy, and I know 100% after 3 knockout 70Ks that 2014 is gonna be awesome, but does anyone think that UMC are damaging the brand with their tomfoolery this time around?

[/endrant]

If I ran a company with a similar product to 70K, I'd totally say things like "Book now and you will know the running order before you get on the plane" or "_______ cruise, where all the bands are announced in a timely fashion".

Yup. :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    carlynjason
    Petty Officer

Merchandise idea

by carlynjason » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:47 am

OK so we are all a bit peeved with lack of announcements so ..
    T-Shirt ideas
    ATM i think a t-shirt with the date of cruise and a big nasty boat on the front
    and a "fill in bands here on the back"
    free permanent marker with t shirt.
    just make it up, wear it around, consider it an official T - shirt :)

this is just for fun, but as with all forum items best suggestion will win a prize
    will be crap, like a coldplay cd or a taylor swift dvd..... maybe a big ass drink if you would prefer:)
  • lampropelma
    Chief Petty Officer

Cruise cancellation rumor

by lampropelma » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:13 am

Hello

Have you seen on facebook, there is a rumor that the cruise will be cancelled. Is it just a rumor or more of that?
    Last edited by lampropelma on Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Stained Class
    Commander

Re: cruise cancelled

by Stained Class » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:18 am

It's just a rumour and there's always rumours every year. CALM DOWN PEOPLE.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:23 am

NOT TRUE.

No one has said anything about cancellation. It's still on.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:27 am

... this is what no announcements creates. Looking forward to a great time with all of you, though.
    "All in the same boat
    Rockin' on the same route,
    We gotta get together, join each other"
    - Bob Marley
  • lampropelma
    Chief Petty Officer

by lampropelma » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:36 am

Good Sound
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:05 am

The subject of this thread is a little alarmist, don't you think?
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:12 am

Stained Class wrote:It's just a rumour and there's always rumours every year. CALM DOWN PEOPLE.

This.

Krys wrote:NOT TRUE.

No one has said anything about cancellation. It's still on.

And this.

Madkill wrote:... this is what no announcements creates. Looking forward to a great time with all of you, though.

And this.

pablov8 wrote:The subject of this thread is a little alarmist, don't you think?

And this too.

:P

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:21 am

Andy is making alot of people extremely angry, and is going to have to take the heat on the cruise. The longer he ignores us now, the worse it's gonna be for him on the boat. The heckling during the final speech should be "interesting".

GET WITH IT, DUDE! :evil: :evil: :evil:
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:11 am

I may bitch a bit but their is no dought in my mind that the cruise will go on.
    Can not wait to see you all again in January 2014
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:10 pm

Azazel101 wrote:I may bitch a bit but their is no dought in my mind that the cruise will go on.

dought? is this a new word? :roll:
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:25 pm

onenight wrote:
    Azazel101 wrote:I may bitch a bit but their is no dought in my mind that the cruise will go on.

It means we've given UMC too much DOUGH to have this kind of DOUBT about the cruise! :beerwink:
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:43 pm

I don't hear Royal Caribbean complaining either. Well, the crew might a little with all the spilled beer and whatnot.

But seriously, calm down. If everything we see on FB is true, we are all fucked.

There will be a few major bands announced and we will all forget about this dry spell.
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:53 pm

meshuggah wrote:
    onenight wrote:

It means we've given UMC too much DOUGH to have this kind of DOUBT about the cruise! :beerwink:

Aint that the fuckin truth. At least give us some sign of life.
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:10 pm

Ok. I really fat fingered doubt on my cell phone after drinking for a couple hours
    :smash: :shots: :cheers: :pound: :bangers:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:20 pm

Looking on the brightside, if the cruise gets cancelled I'm using the money i would have spent and totally going to the UK in 2014, and catching as many Magnum concerts as I can :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:42 pm

And read into this what you will.

Kamelot website. Tour dates through to early feb 2014. 70K 2014 not listed:

http://www.kamelot.com/site/tour/

Dark Tranquillity. Extensive tourdates through to March 2014. No 70K:

http://www.darktranquillity.com/

Finntroll's facebook. Tourdates through to mid Feb 2014. No 70K:

https://www.facebook.com/officialfinntr ... 6167614127
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:01 pm

cowboy71 wrote:And read into this what you will.

Dark Tranquillity. Extensive tourdates through to March 2014. No 70K:

This is the one that concerns me...They are booked for San Juan, PR on January 31st, which is the day the cruise is back in Miami. Are they going to get off the boat, retrieve their equipment, and fly to San Juan on the same day for a gig that night? Now I'm truly concerned. HEY UMC...WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON???????
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:03 pm

I'm not going this year, but I would feel bad for all you that prepaid for everything. I actually do think it's cancelled. You don't even know where you're going yet. That kind of has to be planned WAY in advance..........
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:38 pm

Location was announced last year on July 28th. Getting nervous!!! Time to barrage UMC with phone calls!!!
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:49 pm

rwalters wrote:I'm not going this year, but I would feel bad for all you that prepaid for everything. I actually do think it's cancelled. You don't even know where you're going yet. That kind of has to be planned WAY in advance..........

I'm not going either, but I don't think it's cancelled. I've been reading on the facebook pages the emails that various folks have gotten from UMC (where they post the response verbatim, albeit a "canned" response from UMC) - and if those responses are truly BS (as in "the cruise is *not* cancelled" and so on) - then I think that would be truly dastardly - on UMC's part and even more so - quite surprising & unexpected. Time will tell folks - keep positive folks.

Bloody hell - I threw $150 at the Prog Nation at Sea cruise as a deposit and I wonder if that shindig is actually gonna be pulled off in the eleventh hour (kinda how I felt before 70K 2011!) - are there really 2000+ folks who are into that line-up/niche cruise as much as I am? I really have NO idea, but I'll roll with whatever happens. I'm really over sweatin' just about anything that comes my way. :beerwink:
    Last edited by Laura on Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Metal1529
    Oiler

by Metal1529 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:00 pm

Highly doubt it's cancelled. There's the usual lull in bookings right now because of the lack of announcements, and because the initial rush is over, but it seemed like this cruise sold tickets way faster than any previous one during the first month?
    Survivor:
    70K 2013 - Deck 10, Cabin 1578
    70K 2014 - Deck 10, Cabin 1578

Wish list: Rhapsody of Fire, LT's Rhapsody, Heidevolk, In Extremo, Dragonforce, Seventh Wonder, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius
  • lampropelma
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Cruise cancellation rumor

by lampropelma » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:27 pm

Hello

I have sent a email to UMC yesterday and they reply to me today that the cruise will be absolutly not cancelled.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:56 am

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:It's perfectly understandable that MDF has more bands announced at the moment. After all, it's earlier than 70k. :P

No its not...MDF is at the end of May, four months later than 70k.

I know; I was just trying (and failing) to be funny. Hence the smiley.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Empire
    Crewman

by Empire » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:47 am

cowboy71 wrote:Dark Tranquillity. Extensive tourdates through to March 2014. No 70K:

There is a Notice on the DT Homepage:

27. January 70000 Tons of Metal ... :headbanger:
    2011: missed, 2012 - 2019: survived 2020: SOON
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:40 am

So I find the whole discussion a bit disturbing. In my opinion that's not a very supportive attitude towards the customer. Either UMC it is already so bad that all is lost anyway or where it is still so good that they did not really need to cater for positive publicity. :evil: :cry:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    AmelieM
    Petty Officer

by AmelieM » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:26 am

I don't think the cruise will be cancelled either, but I know for a fact that one or more bands (announced and not yet announced) are seriously thinking of pulling out the cruise because they don't get any news from UMC either. And this was told to me directly by the band members in question. Sucks. Really sucks.
    Last edited by AmelieM on Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Alestorm-/-Amon-Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Be'lakor-/-Dark-Tranquillity-/-Edguy-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Gloryhammer-/-Gojira-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Ophaned-Land-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Kamelot-/-Kataklysm-/-Sabaton-/-Septic-Flesh-/-Seventh-Wonder-/-Suidakra-/-Tarot-/-Therion-/-Wintersun
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:33 am

AmelieM wrote:I don't think the cruise will be cancelled either, but I know for a fact that one or more bands (announced and not yet announced) are seriously thinking of pulling off the cruise because they don't get any news from UMC either. And this was told to me directly by the band members in question. Sucks. Really sucks.

Please share.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:48 am

meshuggah wrote:
    AmelieM wrote:I don't think the cruise will be cancelled either, but I know for a fact that one or more bands (announced and not yet announced) are seriously thinking of pulling off the cruise because they don't get any news from UMC either. And this was told to me directly by the band members in question. Sucks. Really sucks.

Please share.

Pretty please :beerwink:
    MLH
    Crewman

by MLH » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:51 am

Its kinda unbelievable stuff from em tbh. I Mailed UMC 4th of Sept to ask whats up. Got answer pretty fast:

Hi Mikko,

Thank you for writing to us!

We understand your concern, more band announcements and details on the location voting will be up on our website very soon. Hang in there!

If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us any time.

Cheers,

your Ultimate Music Cruises team

Then i wrote stuff back and also "Good to hear, would be nice to that u'd inform other people too via twitter/forum/fb etc that "hey we're back from holidays"." and i got answer back very fast as well:

Thank you, we have taken this into consideration and will be making a post very soon

See you on board!

Cheers,

your Ultimate Music Cruises team

6 days later & still nothing. How bad you try to treat customers really? What the fuck there is to consider actually, customer service people can't come and say hello to forums? With fast ( 1h within initial e-mail give or take ) answers clearly there is people working but postin' nothing here or any other soc-med is beyond my understanding. And far from decent business by any spectrum.

There is few other interesting festivals for me within 1 year and basically I can only afford one. There is prog-nation few weeks after 70kt, In a month there is Shadow Gallery ( nr. 1 spot on my WANTED: Live -list ) & Fates Warning at Mid-Europe and in a year there is Prog power USA with Seventh wonder, Jon Oliva & Pain of Salvation playing some of their top albums fully on that show. So time is of the essence here and I need to choose very soon.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:56 am

My guess is swallow the sun and Wintersun.
    Just a guess
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:29 am

Azazel101 wrote:

My guess is swallow the sun and Wintersun.
    Just a guess

Swallow The Sun is in Mexico City with Finntroll on 1/25. I don't know STS's music, but it would suck if Finntroll pulled out. Maybe it's Leaves' Eyes.....
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:41 am

--
    AmelieM
    Petty Officer

by AmelieM » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:45 am

I wish I could give you names... but I'm not really allowed to. :S
    You should hear the news soon concerning the already announced band... They seemed to have pretty much made up their mind. :(
    As for the unannounced bands, we'll wait and see if things settle. I really hope they find a way because one of them was in my whishlist!!!
    Alestorm-/-Amon-Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Be'lakor-/-Dark-Tranquillity-/-Edguy-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Gloryhammer-/-Gojira-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Ophaned-Land-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Kamelot-/-Kataklysm-/-Sabaton-/-Septic-Flesh-/-Seventh-Wonder-/-Suidakra-/-Tarot-/-Therion-/-Wintersun
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:48 am

AmelieM wrote:You should hear the news SOON concerning the already announced band...

So 2 days before departure.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • Post Reply 440 posts