Post Reply 120 posts
What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?
  • User avatar
    Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 616
    Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:03 am
    Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by Jebus_Cripes » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:29 am

    Pyramus wrote:
    Madkill wrote:I wouldn't mind a one-year ban on Folk Metal bands.


    Hahaha.... while I'm not much into folk metal, I liked the fans. They were fun. I was at the bar and one guy was ordering "one red drink and one blue drink. And they need to be really really red, and really really blue." He had bottles he was putting them in which had obviously had really blue and really red drinks in them before. I have no idea what kind of ritual this entailed later but my interest was peaked. I thought it was pretty awesome. :viking:


    As a nerd I imagine these were his health and mana potions.
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ
  • User avatar
    Stained Class
    Commander
    Posts: 9589
    Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 am
    Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by Stained Class » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:52 am

    Jebus_Cripes wrote:
    Pyramus wrote:
    Madkill wrote:I wouldn't mind a one-year ban on Folk Metal bands.


    Hahaha.... while I'm not much into folk metal, I liked the fans. They were fun. I was at the bar and one guy was ordering "one red drink and one blue drink. And they need to be really really red, and really really blue." He had bottles he was putting them in which had obviously had really blue and really red drinks in them before. I have no idea what kind of ritual this entailed later but my interest was peaked. I thought it was pretty awesome. :viking:


    As a nerd I imagine these were his health and mana potions.

    :lol: :lol: Yeah I remember that guy. That's exactly what it was. He had a full folk metal outfit going. That guy was awesome.
    9 time cruiser

    I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

    I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • User avatar
    Pyramus
    Crewman
    Posts: 72
    Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:01 pm
    Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by Pyramus » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:36 am

    Jebus_Cripes wrote:
    As a nerd I imagine these were his health and mana potions.


    Ahh... that makes sense. I can't believe I didn't think of that. Mystery solved :)
    2013 Survivor, 2014 booked.
    Apocalyptica - Tristania - Nemesea - Dark Tranquillity - Lacuna Coil - Arch Enemy
  • User avatar
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman
    Posts: 703
    Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:26 am
    Contact:

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by LadyBlackfhyre » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:25 pm

    rwalters wrote:I actually really like Stolen Babies (the debut album is WAY better than the newer sophomore album)

    Hammerfall, Stratovarius, Edguy, basically all dragon slaying European power metal except Blind Guardian cause I've always liked them for some reason.



    heh I guess it is just the opposite for me, I would love all the bands you are getting rid of and when I saw Stolen Babies... well my ears were not happy, but to each his own :beerbang:

    70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
  • Mindcrime
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 163
    Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:31 pm

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by Mindcrime » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:28 pm

    Krys wrote:
    Mindcrime wrote:
    Krys wrote:Just for shits and giggles let's talk about bands we DO NOT want to see on the cruise. Give a reason if you want. Rant if necessary... it's been so quiet on the forums lately :| Leave out acts that aren't metal and have no chance of being onbroad anyway.

    I'd say my top pick would be Queensrÿche. There are two versions now and the one helmed by Geoff Tate is the one I don`t think I could stomach based on all the recent drama. The latest album was pathetic. I won`t have any opinion on the other Queensrÿche until I hear their new album out soon. So, yeah... no to them onbroad. By the time the cruise happens they`ll have settled the name issue at least.

    How about you all?


    I just saw Queesnryche with Geoff Tate this week. While they are one of my favorite bands, they don't belong on this cruise. I agree the last album wasn't too good but Geoff is still great live. (I am speaking of American Soldier- haven't really kept up on the "new" album is out yet and didn't even get to the Merch stand to check. They only played stuff from Mindcrime 1 and Empire. I have seen them about 40 times over the years including on Shiprocked. That is the type of cruise they belong on. I'd only want them on this cruise if they only played stuff from the first 2 or 3 albums.


    Not sure if he cancelled out this year- I saw QR on the Shiprocked cruise 3 cruises ago when the band was still together. Maybe there was a cancellation due to all the infighting?
    I agree that Shiprocked is more his style. For some reason I thought he cancelled last year's Shiprocked though?
  • User avatar
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 541
    Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:18 am
    Contact:

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by Captain Alex » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:23 am

    Jebus_Cripes wrote:
    Pyramus wrote:
    Madkill wrote:I wouldn't mind a one-year ban on Folk Metal bands.


    Hahaha.... while I'm not much into folk metal, I liked the fans. They were fun. I was at the bar and one guy was ordering "one red drink and one blue drink. And they need to be really really red, and really really blue." He had bottles he was putting them in which had obviously had really blue and really red drinks in them before. I have no idea what kind of ritual this entailed later but my interest was peaked. I thought it was pretty awesome. :viking:


    As a nerd I imagine these were his health and mana potions.


    :lol: sounds pretty gamer
    Iced Earth-Avantasia-Ayreon-Nightwish-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Syrens Call-Epica-Satyricon-Powerwolf-Sonata Arctica-Tarot-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-LuciferianLightOrchestra
  • User avatar
    Malaka
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2958
    Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:07 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by Malaka » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:13 am

    Dillinger Escape Plan, Converge, The one about wrestling bears or whatever, and that Warped Tour emo screamo noise.
    Danzig, Megadave, Geoff Tate, and any other egomaniacal rock stars.
    Oh, and pretty much everything on Captain Alex's wishlist, except Dimmu Borgir. :P :lol: Nothing personal man, to each their own. :chug:

    On the other hand, I tend to care more about what I want, rather than what I don't want. I don't give a shit about Xandria, but Carcass damn near makes the cruise for me. Whereas, it may be the other way around for someone else. Hence, the uniqueness of the cruise.
    So give us IMMORTAL and we'll all be happy! :beerhorns: :mrgreen:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
  • lampropelma
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 331
    Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:31 am
    Location: Pas de Calais, France

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by lampropelma » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:24 am

    Only because I don't like what they do, no Iced Earth, no Gojira, no Bullet for my Valentine, no Avenged Sevenfold, no Hellyear, no Danzig, no Volbeat onboard.
  • User avatar
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1772
    Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:35 am
    Location: Fond du Lac/Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
    Contact:

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by Azazel101 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:16 pm

    Malaka wrote:Dillinger Escape Plan, Converge, The one about wrestling bears or whatever, and that Warped Tour emo screamo noise.
    Danzig, Megadave, Geoff Tate, and any other egomaniacal rock stars.
    Oh, and pretty much everything on Captain Alex's wishlist, except Dimmu Borgir. :P :lol: Nothing personal man, to each their own. :chug:

    On the other hand, I tend to care more about what I want, rather than what I don't want. I don't give a shit about Xandria, but Carcass damn near makes the cruise for me. Whereas, it may be the other way around for someone else. Hence, the uniqueness of the cruise.
    So give us IMMORTAL and we'll all be happy! :beerhorns: :mrgreen:

    I agree with this 100%
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • User avatar
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman
    Posts: 943
    Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:53 pm
    Location: Portland, OR U.S.A.

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by DJ Old Man Stares » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:15 am

    Azazel101 wrote:
    Malaka wrote:Dillinger Escape Plan, Converge, The one about wrestling bears or whatever, and that Warped Tour emo screamo noise.
    Danzig, Megadave, Geoff Tate, and any other egomaniacal rock stars.
    Oh, and pretty much everything on Captain Alex's wishlist, except Dimmu Borgir. :P :lol: Nothing personal man, to each their own. :chug:

    On the other hand, I tend to care more about what I want, rather than what I don't want. I don't give a shit about Xandria, but Carcass damn near makes the cruise for me. Whereas, it may be the other way around for someone else. Hence, the uniqueness of the cruise.
    So give us IMMORTAL and we'll all be happy! :beerhorns: :mrgreen:

    I agree with this 100%


    Same here!!
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • User avatar
    Speedy
    Ensign
    Posts: 1400
    Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:51 am
    Location: Trondheim, Norway

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by Speedy » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:44 am

    There are a lot of bands I don't like, but I can't think of many I'd hate to see onbroad. I think I have to say Burzum, well... because Varg.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

    International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • Mindcrime
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 163
    Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:31 pm

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by Mindcrime » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:30 pm

    Metallia wrote:Done with the nightwish cover bands and sad to say .. lame fronted female bands.

    Damn I cant believe I just typed that...

    I totally agree with you.I only want to hear a female singer if she sounds like a guy.
  • User avatar
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman
    Posts: 943
    Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:53 pm
    Location: Portland, OR U.S.A.

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by DJ Old Man Stares » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:24 pm

    Speedy wrote:There are a lot of bands I don't like, but I can't think of many I'd hate to see onbroad. I think I have to say Burzum, well... because Varg.


    I fully support that. Can't stand Varg or his politics or his mind changing. If he suddenly died, I would not shed a single tear.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • User avatar
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2891
    Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:11 am
    Location: Mexico City, Mexico
    Contact:

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by X-Thor » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:01 am

    DJ Old Man Stares wrote:
    Speedy wrote:There are a lot of bands I don't like, but I can't think of many I'd hate to see onbroad. I think I have to say Burzum, well... because Varg.


    I fully support that. Can't stand Varg or his politics or his mind changing. If he suddenly died, I would not shed a single tear.


    Same here.

    Varg has given us a lot of meme material, though.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

    In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

    Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • User avatar
    Blumpkin
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 188
    Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:24 am
    Location: Yugoslavia

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by Blumpkin » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:45 am

    Any hair/glam or metalcore/"deathcore" bands. If they were part of the lineup, I would be TERRIBLY disappointed. Who the hell wants middle-aged ladies reliving their teenage days of hairspray and spandex who don't even like any "real" metal, or a bunch of poser teens in greasy swoop cuts and skinny jeans, slam dancing over breakdowns, onbroad? Oh, and let's not forget the (shitty) music.
  • lampropelma
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 331
    Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:31 am
    Location: Pas de Calais, France

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by lampropelma » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:28 am

    Mindcrime wrote:
    Metallia wrote:Done with the nightwish cover bands and sad to say .. lame fronted female bands.

    Damn I cant believe I just typed that...

    I totally agree with you.I only want to hear a female singer if she sounds like a guy.


    OK so SISTER SIN will be the best
  • User avatar
    angelyuyo
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 122
    Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:31 pm

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by angelyuyo » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:16 am

    Not EXODUKES NOT EXODUKES NOT
    not EXODUS PLEASE
    2011DONE
    2012 DONE
    BARGE TO HELL DONE
    2013 DONE
    2014 DONE
    2015 DONE
    2016 BEST LINEUP EVER DONE
    2017 DONE
    2018DONE
    2019 Done
    2020 I need my booking code
  • User avatar
    onenight
    Midshipman
    Posts: 821
    Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:11 pm
    Location: Indiana

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by onenight » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:48 pm

    Andrew W.K.!!! What the hell was Black Sabbath thinking when they chose this douche bag to be their opening act on the North American tour. I hope he breaks his leg before the tour starts. I know that sounds harsh but seriously, there are hundreds of other bands that would fit better opening for Sabbath than Andrew W fuckin K. He's a fuckin moron.



    now I'm done
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
  • meshuggah
    Ensign
    Posts: 1249
    Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:33 pm
    Location: New York, NY
    Contact:

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by meshuggah » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:38 pm

    onenight wrote:Andrew W.K.!!! What the hell was Black Sabbath thinking when they chose this douche bag to be their opening act on the North American tour. I hope he breaks his leg before the tour starts. I know that sounds harsh but seriously, there are hundreds of other bands that would fit better opening for Sabbath than Andrew W fuckin K. He's a fuckin moron.



    now I'm done


    He's probably extremely inexpensive because he sucks, and will make Sabbath look even better.
  • User avatar
    Stained Class
    Commander
    Posts: 9589
    Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 am
    Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by Stained Class » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:54 am

    meshuggah wrote:
    onenight wrote:Andrew W.K.!!! What the hell was Black Sabbath thinking when they chose this douche bag to be their opening act on the North American tour. I hope he breaks his leg before the tour starts. I know that sounds harsh but seriously, there are hundreds of other bands that would fit better opening for Sabbath than Andrew W fuckin K. He's a fuckin moron.



    now I'm done


    He's probably extremely inexpensive because he sucks, and will make Sabbath look even better.

    I wouldn't be surprised. When I saw Judas Preist open for Ozzy, they put on a really bad show. I kinda got the feeling that they were told not to blow Ozzy off the stage (which they could have if they'd tried). Just speculation but it seems to me like they're being careful not to pick an opener that will make them look bad.
    9 time cruiser

    I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

    I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • User avatar
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2810
    Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:27 pm
    Location: St Paul, Minnesota

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by Sgt. B » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:48 am

    meshuggah wrote:
    onenight wrote:Andrew W.K.!!! What the hell was Black Sabbath thinking when they chose this douche bag to be their opening act on the North American tour. I hope he breaks his leg before the tour starts. I know that sounds harsh but seriously, there are hundreds of other bands that would fit better opening for Sabbath than Andrew W fuckin K. He's a fuckin moron.



    now I'm done


    He's probably extremely inexpensive because he sucks, and will make Sabbath look even better.


    I thought I read that Andrew WK is doing a DJ set to open the Black Sabbath shows. No band, just him playing music before hand.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine


    2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • meshuggah
    Ensign
    Posts: 1249
    Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:33 pm
    Location: New York, NY
    Contact:

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by meshuggah » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:25 pm

    Sgt. B wrote:
    meshuggah wrote:
    onenight wrote:Andrew W.K.!!! What the hell was Black Sabbath thinking when they chose this douche bag to be their opening act on the North American tour. I hope he breaks his leg before the tour starts. I know that sounds harsh but seriously, there are hundreds of other bands that would fit better opening for Sabbath than Andrew W fuckin K. He's a fuckin moron.



    now I'm done


    He's probably extremely inexpensive because he sucks, and will make Sabbath look even better.


    I thought I read that Andrew WK is doing a DJ set to open the Black Sabbath shows. No band, just him playing music before hand.


    I wouldn't be surprised if he got booed off the stage.
  • User avatar
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2891
    Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:11 am
    Location: Mexico City, Mexico
    Contact:

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by X-Thor » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:10 pm

    Stained Class wrote:
    meshuggah wrote:
    onenight wrote:Andrew W.K.!!! What the hell was Black Sabbath thinking when they chose this douche bag to be their opening act on the North American tour. I hope he breaks his leg before the tour starts. I know that sounds harsh but seriously, there are hundreds of other bands that would fit better opening for Sabbath than Andrew W fuckin K. He's a fuckin moron.



    now I'm done


    He's probably extremely inexpensive because he sucks, and will make Sabbath look even better.

    I wouldn't be surprised. When I saw Judas Preist open for Ozzy, they put on a really bad show. I kinda got the feeling that they were told not to blow Ozzy off the stage (which they could have if they'd tried). Just speculation but it seems to me like they're being careful not to pick an opener that will make them look bad.


    Well, Megadeth is opening their show here in October, so I hope you're wrong about that.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

    In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

    Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • User avatar
    BringTheShred
    Oiler
    Posts: 29
    Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 6:48 pm
    Location: Arizona, USA

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by BringTheShred » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:46 am

    X-Thor wrote:Andrew W.K.!!! What the hell was Black Sabbath thinking when they chose this douche bag to be their opening act on the North American tour. I hope he breaks his leg before the tour starts. I know that sounds harsh but seriously, there are hundreds of other bands that would fit better opening for Sabbath than Andrew W fuckin K. He's a fuckin moron.

    Now i'm done.





    ^^^Of course AWK is opening for a legend band like Sabbath. He is completely NOT what sabbath fans would want/like (typically), So it complements the potentially old band well. By making them sound better in case they bomb. It is just like when i saw Alice in Chains a few years back. They played so fantastically that the venue played "Straight outta Compton" on repeat for an hour before Velvet Revolver took stage. Didn't help though. Scotty should have stayed on heroin.
    Last edited by BringTheShred on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • User avatar
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 434
    Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:09 am
    Location: Ottawa, Canada
    Contact:

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by Krys » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:51 am

    BringTheShred wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:Andrew W.K.!!! What the hell was Black Sabbath thinking when they chose this douche bag to be their opening act on the North American tour. I hope he breaks his leg before the tour starts. I know that sounds harsh but seriously, there are hundreds of other bands that would fit better opening for Sabbath than Andrew W fuckin K. He's a fuckin moron.

    Now i'm done.





    ^^^Of course AWK is opening for a legend band like Sabbath. He is completely NOT what sabbath fans would want/like (typically), So it complements the potentially old band well. By making them sound better in case they bomb. It is just like when i saw Alice in Chains a few years back. They played so fantastically that the venue played "Straight outta Compton" on repeat for an hour before Velvet Revolver took stage. Didn't help though. Scotty should have stayed on heroin.


    Right before I saw Velvet Revolver I remember vividly that they played DIRT by Alice in Chains like 4x in a row while Scott recovered enough to remember where the fuck he was and go onstage.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
  • ZPC2THLgate
    Wiper
    Posts: 3
    Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:11 am

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by ZPC2THLgate » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:30 pm

    very good heavy metal band singing in French

























    _________________________________________________________
    ZOPO ZOPO C2 ZOPO C3
    Last edited by ZPC2THLgate on Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Danni_br

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by Danni_br » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:14 am

    Mindcrime wrote:
    Metallia wrote:Done with the nightwish cover bands and sad to say .. lame fronted female bands.

    Damn I cant believe I just typed that...

    I totally agree with you.I only want to hear a female singer if she sounds like a guy.


    Agreed! :heavydrink:
  • User avatar
    WizardBeast
    Captain
    Posts: 11966
    Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 4:11 pm
    Location: Denver, CO
    Contact:

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by WizardBeast » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:37 pm

    DJ Old Man Stares wrote:
    Azazel101 wrote:
    Malaka wrote:Dillinger Escape Plan, Converge, The one about wrestling bears or whatever, and that Warped Tour emo screamo noise.
    Danzig, Megadave, Geoff Tate, and any other egomaniacal rock stars.
    Oh, and pretty much everything on Captain Alex's wishlist, except Dimmu Borgir. :P :lol: Nothing personal man, to each their own. :chug:

    On the other hand, I tend to care more about what I want, rather than what I don't want. I don't give a shit about Xandria, but Carcass damn near makes the cruise for me. Whereas, it may be the other way around for someone else. Hence, the uniqueness of the cruise.
    So give us IMMORTAL and we'll all be happy! :beerhorns: :mrgreen:

    I agree with this 100%


    Same here!!


    Immortal would rule hard! i'd rather focus on bands i want than bands i don't want... i'm no good at that haha.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
  • Disco
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 656
    Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:37 pm
    Location: Detroit
    Contact:

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by Disco » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:06 pm

    Blumpkin wrote:Any hair/glam or metalcore/"deathcore" bands. If they were part of the lineup, I would be TERRIBLY disappointed. Who the hell wants middle-aged ladies reliving their teenage days of hairspray and spandex who don't even like any "real" metal, or a bunch of poser teens in greasy swoop cuts and skinny jeans, slam dancing over breakdowns, onbroad? Oh, and let's not forget the (shitty) music.


    Actually I wouldn't mind the middle-aged ladies in spandex and big hair. I have a thing for older women. ;)
    Melloboat - 2008
    70k Tons - 2011
    70k Tons - 2013
    70k Tons - 2018
  • User avatar
    Demonican
    Wiper
    Posts: 9
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:46 pm

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by Demonican » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:18 am

    The red drink and blue drink was indeed my health and mana potions, will be making a return yet again next year
  • User avatar
    Stained Class
    Commander
    Posts: 9589
    Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 am
    Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by Stained Class » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:05 am

    Demonican wrote:The red drink and blue drink was indeed my health and mana potions, will be making a return yet again next year

    You need to complete it with something green for stamina!
    9 time cruiser

    I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

    I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • User avatar
    Phfloydispink
    Oiler
    Posts: 22
    Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:36 am
    Location: Long Island, NY

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by Phfloydispink » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:51 am

    Krys wrote:I could do without Stratovarius.

    Good God!!!!!! They're worth bringing just to look at Timo!!!!
    But, seriously I like them a lot! Good music and damn nice guys!
    Survivor 70k
    2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2019
  • User avatar
    Phfloydispink
    Oiler
    Posts: 22
    Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:36 am
    Location: Long Island, NY

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by Phfloydispink » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:53 am

    Blackfhyre wrote:Stolen Babies, because this is the worst band I have ever seen live

    They are absolutely the worst band I wish I had never seen!!!
    Survivor 70k
    2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2019
  • User avatar
    dinki
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 139
    Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:57 am

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by dinki » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:59 pm

    leave this core bands at home dudes! Don't take it personal but Metal is like an apple! Only idiots like the core! :wank: :wank: :wank: :lol: :lol:
    Emperor-Mayhem-Midnight-Night Demon-Savage Master
  • User avatar
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 434
    Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:09 am
    Location: Ottawa, Canada
    Contact:

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by Krys » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:00 am

    Phfloydispink wrote:
    Krys wrote:I could do without Stratovarius.

    Good God!!!!!! They're worth bringing just to look at Timo!!!!
    But, seriously I like them a lot! Good music and damn nice guys!


    I take it or leave it tbh.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
  • User avatar
    D.T. Metal
    Crewman
    Posts: 68
    Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:24 pm

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by D.T. Metal » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:32 am

    Six Feet Under - when they canceled for Barge or 70K (can't remember) I was actually happy. :D

    Also, any band who tours a lot as it is. I prefer bands on there who never tour in the states and those little gems where you heard an album a long time ago and totally forgot about them (Nightmare was a prime example)
  • User avatar
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 434
    Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:09 am
    Location: Ottawa, Canada
    Contact:

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by Krys » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:56 am

    D.T. Metal wrote:
    Also, any band who tours a lot as it is. I prefer bands on there who never tour in the states and those little gems where you heard an album a long time ago and totally forgot about them (Nightmare was a prime example)


    Amen to that.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
  • User avatar
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 499
    Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:42 pm
    Location: Chicago, IL

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by Castroh » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:48 am

    Leaves' Eyes
    2012 - 2019 Survivor
    2020 - Yup!
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21294
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by mooyagi » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:07 am

    Castroh wrote:Leaves' Eyes


    D'oh! :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • User avatar
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 499
    Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:42 pm
    Location: Chicago, IL

    Re: What metal bands do you NOT want on the cruise?

    by Castroh » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:06 am

    mooyagi wrote:
    Castroh wrote:Leaves' Eyes


    D'oh! :lol:

    Was there anyone that was truly excited about them being onbroad?
    2012 - 2019 Survivor
    2020 - Yup!
Post Reply 120 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 112 guests