Post Reply 407 posts
Stuff You Wish You Knew Before Your 1st Cruise
  • sara
    Petty Officer

Re: Stuff You Wish You Knew Before Your 1st Cruise

by sara » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:54 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    stevep52 wrote:Does anyone know if they sell the 5 hour energy drinks onboard? Trying to determine if I need to bring my own.

Per FB, they are sold onbroad, and the higher-tier "refreshment" drink package includes energy drinks. Check your Cruise Planner to make sure.

Oh sure, they have Red Bull or something, I know that. I don't know about those little 5-hour bottles. I didn't know people still use them. :lol:
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    JamieS
    Crewman

by JamieS » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:11 pm

One thing I wish I'd known was about the power outlets in the state rooms. There is a mix of US and Euro (e.g. Germany) outlets, but in a 6-person family room, there weren't enough US outlets for everyone to charge their phones at once. I'm packing a Euro plug adapter this year.
    4x Survivor: 2017-2020
    2021: Can we get the date?
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:56 pm

JamieS wrote:One thing I wish I'd known was about the power outlets in the state rooms. There is a mix of US and Euro (e.g. Germany) outlets, but in a 6-person family room, there weren't enough US outlets for everyone to charge their phones at once. I'm packing a Euro plug adapter this year.

I bring a USB hub with me every year for this exact purpose (Gaby, Alex, Jon - feel free to abuse it.)
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:39 pm

To go the distance, I can also personally vouch for 12-Hour Energy (at Amazon), it's 50mg caffeine from green tea plus 200mg delay-released, so the same total amount as a 5-hour Energy Extra Strength, but it does keep you alert for 12 hours, if not you can always take a 5-Hour Energy on top (or 5h before).
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:35 pm

JamieS wrote:One thing I wish I'd known was about the power outlets in the state rooms. There is a mix of US and Euro (e.g. Germany) outlets, but in a 6-person family room, there weren't enough US outlets for everyone to charge their phones at once. I'm packing a Euro plug adapter this year.

It's always a good idea to bring an extension cord or a power strip since most staterooms have one -- or at most two -- standard plugs. It cannot have a surge protector on it, though, and it has to be in good condition (no frayed wires, etc).
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:39 pm

I mentioned this on one of the 70K FB groups but it bears repeating here, especially for new cruisers:

Do not pack your travel and identity documents (passport, birth certificate, etc.) in luggage you intend to check at the pier. Be sure it is in your carry-on luggage. Your checked luggage is accepted before you enter the terminal and once it's gone, that's it. No more passport or BC. Your luggage will make it onbroad the ship...but YOU won't. :shock:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:45 pm

Carry your own bags on the ship!
    Last year someone learned the hard way even after I posted on here.
    And for the entire cruise didn’t have anything.
    It is possible that your bag is delivered to the wrong stateroom and it will sit there because of so many shared cabins ,in 2013 a bag sat in my room for a few hours.My roommate thought it was mine and I thought it was his.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
Post Reply 407 posts