Post Reply 407 posts
Stuff You Wish You Knew Before Your 1st Cruise
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

Re: Stuff You Wish You Knew Before Your 1st Cruise

by Daenerys » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:50 am

cowboy71 wrote:Finally got around to checking in, and noticed that the previously available ROYAL REFRESHMENT pack is no longer available :(

So instead of paying $US29.90 for the entire cruise for unlimited soda plus the souvenier cup, you now have to pay $US90!

Okay if you are a tea/coffee drinker or want to drink non-alcoholic cocktails but if you just want soda then it is waaaaay too much.

That is a steep hike. I don't drink soda much at all but Brian will be disappointed. It was a major perk if you had smuggled in a sharkskin of contraband cause your drinks were practically free. Did the water packages go up too?
    Voyager-Vuur-GrandMagus-Myrath-Borknagar-NovembersDoom-Aeternam-Havok-TheHaloEffect-Moonspell-SepticFlesh-Sigh-BarrenEarth-Iotunn-ScarSymmetry-Nekrogoblikon
    TEKWRX
    Oiler

by TEKWRX » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:12 am

This non-alcoholic drink packages are ridiculous. When we went on Barge, we had the refillable cup package for soda and it was great (and affordable). I know this boat doesn't have the self service machines, but to not offer a basic soda package sucks. For my wife and I, I'm looking at $180. WTF?
    :evil:
    Who's choice was this? RC or UMC?
    ----------------------------
    BTH Survivor (2012)
    70k 2016 Survivor
    ----------------------------
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:30 pm

TEKWRX wrote:This non-alcoholic drink packages are ridiculous. When we went on Barge, we had the refillable cup package for soda and it was great (and affordable). I know this boat doesn't have the self service machines, but to not offer a basic soda package sucks. For my wife and I, I'm looking at $180. WTF?
    :evil:
    Who's choice was this? RC or UMC?

According to Sgt B in the other thread about this - RC say its UMC's choice, UMC say its RC's choice. Typical.
    Sgt. B wrote:I called Royal Caribbean last Sunday inquiring about this. After being put on hold for a while, they came back & said UMC did not select to have it as an option. I needed to call them. I called UMC the next day & explained the situation. They said they needed to investigate & would respond with an answer. I received a message that the packages that are made available are what Royal Caribbean chooses. They do not make the choice.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:32 pm

Daenerys wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Finally got around to checking in, and noticed that the previously available ROYAL REFRESHMENT pack is no longer available :(

So instead of paying $US29.90 for the entire cruise for unlimited soda plus the souvenier cup, you now have to pay $US90!

Okay if you are a tea/coffee drinker or want to drink non-alcoholic cocktails but if you just want soda then it is waaaaay too much.

That is a steep hike. I don't drink soda much at all but Brian will be disappointed. It was a major perk if you had smuggled in a sharkskin of contraband cause your drinks were practically free. Did the water packages go up too?

Its not so much a hike, its the fact that previously you could get a "Royal Refreshment" option, which was unlimited soda only, for $29.90.

Now there is no soda-only option. The only option is the more expensive "Royal Replenish" which as well as soda includes 'premium' tea/coffee, and non alcoholic cocktails.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:35 pm

Use cash when in Jamaica.

One tip from last year I heard about at Margaritaville. Don't use your credit card when in Jamaica, use USD cash. Else you may get lots of weird currency conversion charges to your billing statement. Don't know how valid this is, but I used cash.
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    dlakavi_gusar
    Oiler

by dlakavi_gusar » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:06 pm

Can someone please explain what is ROYAL REFRESHMENT pack? Aren't like all non-alcoholic drinks free on the cruise?

I'm a total noob here.
    10 of these bands will get me on 2017
    -/-Adrenaline-Mob-/-Apocalyptica-/-Avantasia-/-Axel-Rudi-Pell-/-Ayreon-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Civil-War-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Device-/-Disturbed-/-Dream-Theater-/-Edguy-/-Fear-Factory-/-Helloween-/-Kamelot-/-Manowar-/-Nightwish-/-Opeth-/-Pain-of-Salvation-/-Powerwolf-/-Russell-Allen-&-Jorn-Lande-/-Sisters-of-Mercy-/-Sonata-Arctica-/-Symphony-X-/-Tarja-/-Therion-/-Within-Temptation-/-

2016. Survivor (2588)
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:41 pm

dlakavi_gusar wrote:Can someone please explain what is ROYAL REFRESHMENT pack? Aren't like all non-alcoholic drinks free on the cruise?

I'm a total noob here.

Only tap water, tea, powered juices, basic coffee, milk... are free.

Soda, bottled water, premium coffee and tea, virgin cocktails, fresh squeezed juices, milkshakes...are extra.
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    dlakavi_gusar
    Oiler

by dlakavi_gusar » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:46 pm

Oh, ok, thanks. So you could have all that in unlimited amount for $29.90, but that's not an option anymore. Well, that sucks.
    10 of these bands will get me on 2017
    -/-Adrenaline-Mob-/-Apocalyptica-/-Avantasia-/-Axel-Rudi-Pell-/-Ayreon-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Civil-War-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Device-/-Disturbed-/-Dream-Theater-/-Edguy-/-Fear-Factory-/-Helloween-/-Kamelot-/-Manowar-/-Nightwish-/-Opeth-/-Pain-of-Salvation-/-Powerwolf-/-Russell-Allen-&-Jorn-Lande-/-Sisters-of-Mercy-/-Sonata-Arctica-/-Symphony-X-/-Tarja-/-Therion-/-Within-Temptation-/-

2016. Survivor (2588)
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:53 pm

dlakavi_gusar wrote:Oh, ok, thanks. So you could have all that in unlimited amount for $29.90, but that's not an option anymore. Well, that sucks.

The $29.90 package is for soda (fountain) only. Hopefully they will be selling that on the ship.

The one you can pre-purchase...the Royal Replenish Package...includes in addition to soda (fountain)...premium coffee, premium tea, bottled water, including sparkling and still, fresh squeezed orange juice, and non-alcoholic cocktails. This is $22.42 a day plus gratuities.
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:34 pm

Yep. I'm thinking I won't be getting a soda package this year. Royal has priced themselves out of my market.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • germanegyptiangirl
    Oiler

by germanegyptiangirl » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:21 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:
    germanegyptiangirl wrote:Hey everyone!

I've only had the privilege of seeing Agalloch once, at a small venue here in Atlanta, but it was a great-sounding show -- the band's own soundguy was sick, and the venue's sound guy did such a good job of mixing the sound that Agalloch actually thanked him profusely from the stage. I've never seen that happen before and don't expect to see it again, either. Just a great show all around, with the funeral doom band Loss from TN opening up, too. :death:

I am so jealous...
    That's awesome that it was a good show and that they thanked the sound guy! Which year did you see them? What did they play?
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:54 pm

germanegyptiangirl wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:

I've only had the privilege of seeing Agalloch once, at a small venue here in Atlanta, but it was a great-sounding show -- the band's own soundguy was sick, and the venue's sound guy did such a good job of mixing the sound that Agalloch actually thanked him profusely from the stage. I've never seen that happen before and don't expect to see it again, either. Just a great show all around, with the funeral doom band Loss from TN opening up, too. :death:

I am so jealous...
    That's awesome that it was a good show and that they thanked the sound guy! Which year did you see them? What did they play?

It was about three years ago, at a small venue in Atlanta called The Earl. My friend John's doom-metal band Loss was the opener. They've played there since then, but I couldn't go that time. :(
    I forget now exactly what they played, but I recall they played "Ghosts of the Midwinter Fires," which is one of my faves. :beerbang:

We now return to your regularly-scheduled thread. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
  • germanegyptiangirl
    Oiler

by germanegyptiangirl » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:14 pm

It was about three years ago, at a small venue in Atlanta called The Earl. My friend John's doom-metal band Loss was the opener. They've played there since then, but I couldn't go that time. :(
    I forget now exactly what they played, but I recall they played "Ghosts of the Midwinter Fires," which is one of my faves. :beerbang:

We now return to your regularly-scheduled thread. :lol:[/quote]

Oh, that's awesome!
    Lol, yup, sorry I hijacked the thread away from it's original topic. On that note, I do have another question for the original topic. Does it happen that there are schedule changes for the bands with only an hour notice or so and how do they notify fans about that?

Thanks. See you all soon! :viking:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:56 pm

germanegyptiangirl wrote:Lol, yup, sorry I hijacked the thread away from it's original topic.

Don't you ever, ever apologize for derailing a thread. It's an old forum tradition. :beerwink:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    cronos23462
    Oiler

by cronos23462 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:08 pm

do they open all the jewelry/watch and duty free shops on the cruise ? and do they take or offer to take your picture 50 time a day like on regular cruises ?
    soilwork ,scar symmetry ,solution .45,dream evil, overkill, accept, venom inc,
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:15 pm

cronos23462 wrote:do they open all the jewelry/watch and duty free shops on the cruise ? and do they take or offer to take your picture 50 time a day like on regular cruises ?

Yes and yes.
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:19 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    cronos23462 wrote:do they open all the jewelry/watch and duty free shops on the cruise ? and do they take or offer to take your picture 50 time a day like on regular cruises ?

Yes and yes.

Yes and take all the pictures you can (photobomb) haha just kidding. The ones they took are my favorite.
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:21 am

Being my fourth time around I don't think it's a little crazy or too personal to ask what's in everyone's luggage or will be.

Me:

So far:
    Eyeliner
    Deo
    Waterproof cameras (crappy single shot)
    3 flask size booze sneakers (last year I got the full set Onbroad and no one drank it)
    Phone charger/kindle/multiple plug (I put my phone on airplane mode, for set times), kindle for airplane (still to be decided)
    4 packs cigs (I smoke a pack a day but have never smoked that much on cruise)
    Two shorts
    Three tops
    Vest

So far that's it not including unmentionables.

What do you you have?
    Packing tips?
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:57 am

germanegyptiangirl wrote:I do have another question for the original topic. Does it happen that there are schedule changes for the bands with only an hour notice or so and how do they notify fans about that?

There haven't been too many wholesale schedule changes, except that last year some of the first-day pool-deck shows had to be postponed into the ice-rink venue (which is awesome). We'll be notified by the daily newsletter that's delivered to your room, and is also available around the ship.
    2025 Wishlist:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:09 am

Pellaz wrote:
    germanegyptiangirl wrote:I do have another question for the original topic. Does it happen that there are schedule changes for the bands with only an hour notice or so and how do they notify fans about that?

There haven't been too many wholesale schedule changes, except that last year some of the first-day pool-deck shows had to be postponed into the ice-rink venue (which is awesome). We'll be notified by the daily newsletter that's delivered to your room, and is also available around the ship.

They also make announcements over the PA system but good luck hearing those. The main guest/cruiser/customer/whatever service desk will also have the most updated schedule available for you.
    The Bus From Speed
    Oiler

by The Bus From Speed » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:07 pm

So I'm planning on bringing a few rum runners filled with, uh, crisp clean Canadian water in them and I'm planning on doing it on my person. My bag is stuffed to the tits and I won't want anything bursting.

My question is, does security at the door pat you down?

Sorry if taboo, but I can't find anything pertinent anywhere and, well, Canadian water sure is in demand these days ;)
    2016 @ 3312
    2017 @ 8667
    2018 @ ????
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:14 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:

They also make announcements over the PA system but good luck hearing those. The main guest/cruiser/customer/whatever service desk will also have the most updated schedule available for you.

Just look for someone with a t-shirt of the band in question and ask them, that's what I did last year :-)
    Rjturtle9
    Crewman

by Rjturtle9 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:15 am

How long would you say a trip from the pool deck to one of the two big indoor venues would take? Preparing to band clashes so knowing this would help plan my time accordingly.
    Angra-Amon Amarth-Autopsy-Cancer-Cavalera Conspiracy-Chthonic-Coroner-Iron Reagan-Kreator-Masacre-Mayham-Necrophagist-Nightwish-Nuclear Assault-Obituary-Obscura-Onslaught-Overkill-Pagans Mind-Razor-Revocation-Sonata Arctica-Toxik-Ulver-Unisonic
  • J.m.Andersson
    Oiler

by J.m.Andersson » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:42 am

Rjturtle9 wrote:How long would you say a trip from the pool deck to one of the two big indoor venues would take? Preparing to band clashes so knowing this would help plan my time accordingly.

Depends on how many bars you pass on the way :lol:

but what i remember from last year, it was alot of Walking between sets, alot of stairs or elevators, so say maybe 5-10 minutes in worst case scenario.
    Thh, i took to the last day of the Cruise Before i could find my way through the ship
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:55 am

Can I assume as soon as you get on the boat you'll be able to access your cabin? I'd rather hold on to my bag rather than wait for it to be delivered to me. Thanks .
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:20 am

Yes, you can access your cabin immediately.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:20 am

Speedy wrote:Yes, you can access your cabin immediately.

Thank you.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:45 am

J.m.Andersson wrote:
    Rjturtle9 wrote:How long would you say a trip from the pool deck to one of the two big indoor venues would take? Preparing to band clashes so knowing this would help plan my time accordingly.

but what i remember from last year, it was alot of Walking between sets, alot of stairs or elevators, so say maybe 5-10 minutes in worst case scenario.
    Thh, i took to the last day of the Cruise Before i could find my way through the ship

Yeah the bitchy thing about the Liberty (and so the same for the Indenpendence) is that for certain venues there was no direct route due to the configuration of the ship from one venue to the next.

You'd have to go up stairs, then down stairs, etc to get from A to B. Took me to the end of last years cruise to find my way around comfortably too.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Nocturnalbunny
    Oiler

by Nocturnalbunny » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:33 pm

I think this may actually depend on what time you board the ship because I remember last year we all ran up to the 8th floor and the doors to the hallways with the actual cabins were all closed. It didn't take that long to get to the cabins, but they weren't immediately available at least on my floor. Must just depend if they have them all cleaned or not. Still it didn't take that long, and it was a good time to make friends with people who were on the same floor as you.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:25 am

Nocturnalbunny wrote:

I think this may actually depend on what time you board the ship because I remember last year we all ran up to the 8th floor and the doors to the hallways with the actual cabins were all closed. It didn't take that long to get to the cabins, but they weren't immediately available at least on my floor. Must just depend if they have them all cleaned or not. Still it didn't take that long, and it was a good time to make friends with people who were on the same floor as you.

That's consistent with a "normal" cruise, BTW, where the cabins are usually ready by around 1 pm. If you're lucky to get onbroad fairly early, you might not be able to access your cabin.
    If last year's (ahem)....extended...boarding process happens again, a lot of us won't have to wait long. :evil:
    2025 Wishlist:
  • mahc999
    Oiler

by mahc999 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:35 pm

I don't know if this was already touched upon but we found out this year that there is a live feed from studio B to the televisions in the staterooms. I know it's not very metal to watch a stream of a band that is playing a ten minute walk from your room but there were a few bands we were iffy about and ended up putting on in our room while changing, eating, or attending other...domestic duties. I'm glad we elected to do that with Manilla Road as they didn't seem to be something we'd enjoy. My girlfriend also put Arkona's Studio B set on as she was going to sleep one night while I was out seeing Samael
  • mahc999
    Oiler

by mahc999 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:39 pm

And going along with my last post (sorry for the double post) read your compasses. There's some neat little events on there (Eluvietie's pub set) that you might not otherwise know about. We ignored them for pretty much our whole first cruise
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:11 am

mahc999 wrote:And going along with my last post (sorry for the double post) read your compasses. There's some neat little events on there (Eluvietie's pub set) that you might not otherwise know about. We ignored them for pretty much our whole first cruise

Unfortunately, that acoustic pub set from Eluveitie was really hard to hear. Cool idea, but it needs to be worked on for next year if UMC tries to do something similar again.
    2025 Wishlist:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:31 am

Pellaz wrote:
    Nocturnalbunny wrote:

That's consistent with a "normal" cruise, BTW, where the cabins are usually ready by around 1 pm. If you're lucky to get onbroad fairly early, you might not be able to access your cabin.
    If last year's (ahem)....extended...boarding process happens again, a lot of us won't have to wait long. :evil:

As a followup on getting into the stateroom early....
    For some reason the porters never appeared to take our tagged, checked luggage (and tips) when we got to the pier at around 10:15, so we ended up having to schlep our rolling luggage all the way through boarding. We weren't alone, either; a lot of people who were also dropped off by shuttles at the far end of the pier were hauling their big suitcases, too.
    So when we got onbroad I figured we'd go down to the room to drop off the big stuff, even if only in the hallway outside our room. The door leading to our corridor was open, our stateroom door was open and the room had already been cleaned but the beds weren't separated.* We dropped our stuff off in the room (it was about 11:30) and called Guest Services to have the beds separated...and you'd think we killed someone! A three-stripe officer from Hotel Services showed up and sternly lectured us in badly-accented English that rooms were not to be entered until 1 pm and we shouldn't have gone past the closed corridor door (it hadn't been closed).

So yeah, don't expect to be able to go to your room until 1 pm lest ye face the wrath of some cruise-line dude.

--
    * in 8 cruises over 2 lines, I've only seen them get the bed configuration right once. (!)
    2025 Wishlist:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:11 pm

That's odd. We snuck into a stateroom early on a previous cruise (also had an open door). The room attendant came by and said the rooms couldn't be entered yet but he was very friendly amd let us put our bags in it and load up the safe.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:44 pm

mooyagi wrote:That's odd. We snuck into a stateroom early on a previous cruise (also had an open door). The room attendant came by and said the rooms couldn't be entered yet but he was very friendly amd let us put our bags in it and load up the safe.

I think our mistake was in calling Guest Services to have the beds separated. It put us "on their radar," whereas our stateroom steward would probably have been cool with us just leaving our stuff in there. (We STILL didn't get any towel animals, though. First time that's happened in 8 cruises.)

We were thinking our room might not have been occupied on the previous cruise so it looked made up already, but our souvenir soda bottles had been delivered already, so.......
    2025 Wishlist:
  • mahc999
    Oiler

by mahc999 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:09 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    J.m.Andersson wrote:

Yeah the bitchy thing about the Liberty (and so the same for the Indenpendence) is that for certain venues there was no direct route due to the configuration of the ship from one venue to the next.

You'd have to go up stairs, then down stairs, etc to get from A to B. Took me to the end of last years cruise to find my way around comfortably too.

My biggest gripe was getting between either the Pyramid and Studio B or Alhambra and Studio B. We would always go up extra floors to avoid cutting through the Casino (even though we missed out on seeing Kai and the guys from Tyr doing so)
  • mahc999
    Oiler

by mahc999 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:14 am

Pellaz wrote:
    mahc999 wrote:And going along with my last post (sorry for the double post) read your compasses. There's some neat little events on there (Eluvietie's pub set) that you might not otherwise know about. We ignored them for pretty much our whole first cruise

Unfortunately, that acoustic pub set from Eluveitie was really hard to hear. Cool idea, but it needs to be worked on for next year if UMC tries to do something similar again.

I actually didn't get to see it, I was planning on catching the last bit of it on my way between Rhapsody and the All-Star Jam but they must have wrapped up by the time I came through. That's a dhame
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:44 pm

Pellaz wrote:(We STILL didn't get any towel animals, though. First time that's happened in 8 cruises.)

If this was a convention in Las Vegas we'd had at my hotel, the resume would say:

Hot Points:
    1) Customer Service (friendliness of staff (shots with guests ok), prompt service)
    2) Availability of alcohol
    3) Towel animals (Most creative, most tips)
    4) Allergy accommodation
    5) Alcohol

Deck ? 2020
  • ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:36 am

Pellaz wrote:

I was frontrow and i had no problem hearing the music :)
    For The Horde!
Post Reply 407 posts