Locked 367 posts
Headliner Bands
    debborah1
    Commander

Re: Headliner Bands

by debborah1 » Fri May 21, 2010 3:32 pm

KevinP wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:I could see how they would want a "larger" band to be a surprise.....
    but at the same time, the "promoter" part of me would think they would do that sooner,
    as to make sure they sell out the ship....just my opinion.

Since by their own admission this is a small scale operation (only a few people working for them) if they announced a big time band they would be swarmed and overloaded with bookings. People would get pissed off and would be an administrative nightmare.

It would seem easier to announce moderate size bands and sell cabins at a consistent pace. Then when they are maybe 4-6 months away from event time they could announce something really big (if that is indeed the plan). This way they are covered on both ends. If they sell most of the cabins or all of them before a big announcement, they are all set. If they don't sell out, then the big announcement would surely sell the remainder available.

Since we are still 7-8 months away there is no need to rush anything and "blow their load" this early (that's never a good thing :P ). Every time a new band is announced, all the news sites mention it, so it's free promotion for them every 2 weeks. Keeps it fresh in people's mind.

But then again, what the hell do I know. :mrgreen:

YEah I see what you're sayin about a huge cluster fuck if their small crew got overloaded like that.......Hey, Im a LEO....I like shit done MY WAY lol
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri May 21, 2010 3:33 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    KevinP wrote:Okay, I made up the part about the naked chicks, but I think you get my point.

:shock: WHAT? I thought that part was guaranteed!!! REFUND! REFUND!!!

Well I was throwing that out there as a deliberate "Freudian slip". Or since it was deliberate that might negate it from being a Freudian slip. :?

Anyway, I'm hoping that some of our passengers of the female persuasion start their own thread about "Naked Time", it catches on and we have enough "chicks" that we could advertise DATES/TIMES/LOCATIONS for this to occur.

I think Captain Metal needs to earn his title and help organize this super important undertaking. I make the solemn vow to salute him every time I see him for 4 days if he is able achieve this.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri May 21, 2010 3:36 pm

[quote="KevinP

Anyway, I'm hoping that some of our passengers of the female persuasion start their own thread about "Naked Time", it catches on and we have enough "chicks" that we could advertise DATES/TIMES/LOCATIONS for this to occur.

Well this BROAD will be running around in her "footie pajamas"......with the assflap!....just in case someone wants to kiss my.....assflap
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
  • vmeiser
    Wiper

by vmeiser » Fri May 21, 2010 5:43 pm

KevinP wrote:
    vmeiser wrote:In other words - they are both too spendy for the bill?.. Mmm. Not that I'm not a fan of line up already, I would just be a little upset considering the overall cost. Also, from what I understand they are "holding out" on something much larger. If its Metallica I'm gonna shit a brick.. ish.

So you'd be upset if a band the stature of Maiden is NOT on the bill :? :? :? The cost is insanely reasonable for what we are getting. You're not sitting in a field in the middle of nowhere for 4 days watching 40 bands from 1/2 mile away.

You have access to 80 shows in intimate/somewhat intimate venues, free food for 4 days, plus all the other cruise ammenities. Not to mention all of the EXTRA stuff that is sure to go on (impromtu jams, naked chicks running around, etc.)

Okay, I made up the part about the naked chicks, but I think you get my point.

Instead of dreaming about bands with a high booking fee, put all your eggs in the naked chicks basket (or naked dudes if that's more your style).

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

LOL! No.. I would not be upset.. I'm a huge fan of almost all the bands. However, I'm a travel agent and yes it is very expensive for a 4 night 5 day cruise. But! - considering each band is playing twice and all the shows its worth it. My personal deal is I had to fight with my husband for 2 months for us to go...we just got married and this is our honeymoon. We were going to fly to chicago to see maiden in July if they weren't added.. Wishful thinking on my part....save some cash for spending cause drinks are $. One thing that is really cool is the 249 fee you pay for your port taxes also include your tips - that you pay the staff on the ship. This saves you money in the long run so you don't have to pay them with you depart the ship.
  • vmeiser
    Wiper

by vmeiser » Fri May 21, 2010 5:46 pm

I guess the naked chicks are the kicker.. screw madien. LOL! ...joking :headbanger:
  • someone123
    Oiler

So still no headliners?

by someone123 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:10 am

Am I correct, there still has not been any headliners announced?
    Are they simply trying to sell this out (or mostly), and then announce the headliners to make people that were waiting purchase the more expensive suites or what?
    How many headliners will they have, 4? one for each night? or would it only be 2, as all bands play twice
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: So still no headliners?

by TOM CRUISE » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:21 am

I wonder if the next 20 bands will be announced before the end of the year or if they will announce the headliners in early January 2011. That is the question.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:50 pm

Don't Testament and Exodus count as headliners? I can only think of a few that might be bigger than that--Slayer, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden. Afraid to mention *cough*Metali*cough*ca*cough*
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:09 pm

Bolt_Thrower wrote:Don't Testament and Exodus count as headliners? I can only think of a few that might be bigger than that--Slayer, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden. Afraid to mention *cough*Metali*cough*ca*cough*

Well, depending who you talk to, I think there's many, MANY that are bigger than Testament and Exodus but not quite up there in terms of required Ca$h as Maiden, Priest or that other band you almost mentioned.

Also, the consensus around here seems to be that the organizers would likely state that a band was one they considered a headliner at the time of announcing them. Seeing as they've yet to do that, we're all sorta still under the impression there's more to come.

From what others have suggested and my own thoughts, I'm leaning towards the likes of Halford, King Diamond, Motorhead or maybe even Slayer, Megadeth and/or Anthrax as possible headliners. I'd be more confident of getting all 3 of those last ones if the North American Carnage dates were winding down in early December but at this point it's set to close in September so that doesn't make it seem likely. Also, I think the collective cost of those 3 might be more than the budget for this even could support. I know this may all sound like just so much wishful thinking but this puppy is already like a dream come true so why stop now? :lol:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:24 pm

I guess I never considered the cash required to book the bands. I thought that just the chance to hang out with me would be payment enough. Heehee!

I'd hate to think that a huge chunk of my fare is going for a band I wrote off years ago.
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:42 pm

What about Manowar? I suppose they might not be headliner-worthy if this was in the middle of the states, but with their international draw I could see them headlining this thing.
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:06 pm

if there are going to be multiple headliner you want to announce the last one as late as possible (just enough time to get the last cabins sold)

I will be waiting patiently ;)
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:21 pm

The headliners have not been announced as of yet, and to my recollection, there will be 2. Who those two bands are remains to be seen, but the speculated names have been bounced around here plenty.
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:30 pm

I just found the original Headliner thread. Looks like I'm late to the party and you've already covered it.

Maybe it hasn't been decided yet? Might the promoter wait and see how many beds are left to fill and then see what kind of band it will take to fill the rest?
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:51 pm

Ahh yeah... I guess this calls for a thread merge/close doesn't it? :lol:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • elvenc
    Oiler

by elvenc » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:17 am

Thing is though we are now half way through the list of bands, and I can see alot of trash metal, nothing really big lot's of old school and some power metal. I miss alot of really good bands here. I mean I hope we are done with all the trash and old school and start getting some death metal and other styles instead of more old school and more trash. I thought it would be a bit more diverse by now... Let's hope they announce some big names pretty soon or at least a complete change in style would be good just so that we can a large mix.
    Element0s
    Midshipman

by Element0s » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:34 am

I always thought that Saxon would have been headliner material, but maybe they aren't from a North American point of view. They usually get headliner slots at the Wacken festival I think.

With that in mind, I'd like to see bands like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, King Diamond, Mgadeth or Manowar snag a headlining slot. Besides a few obvious others, there simply aren't that many bands who could headline over the crop of bands already picked.

Dare I even breathe the thought of a Black Sabbath + Tony Martin reunion? *Drool*
    SAMANDRIEL:
    Female-Fronted Melodic Power Metal

GATEKEEPER:
    Epic Heavy/Doom Metal
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:36 am

manowar... still the most over rated band in my opinion... but king diamond would rock... as would maiden playing the pool deck:D watching maiden while swimming:D woot
    Dark Dreams
    Petty Officer

by Dark Dreams » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:41 pm

Michaelage wrote: king diamond would rock...

that would rock indeed! :beerhorns:
  • DOGFACEGOD
    Petty Officer

by DOGFACEGOD » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:40 pm

ICED EARTH.......HALFORD..... :headbanger:
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:19 am

Ha! Imagine Iron Maiden as headliner, and Bruce flying people over from Europe to Miami in Eddie plane with Nico as a steward :D
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:04 am

yeah and this time we can sing: you are shit, your shit you are shit.
    or what were they singing again? i can't quite remember :P

DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:33 pm

two i'd personally like to see are MOTORHEAD and Iced Earth

seeing as Megadeth and Slayer have been touring with Testament at a lot of venues either or both could be possible

i'm just happy to have this chance to be on this cruise, no matter what other bands are going ....... i just can't wait
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:57 pm

Looks like half of your wishlist just came true!

Not headlining though (as they probably shouldn't be anyways..)
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:44 pm

iced earth and headlining... rather not... but hey id like to see deathklok headline :ugeek:
    Schluckspecht666
    Petty Officer

by Schluckspecht666 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:46 pm

Michaelage wrote:... but hey id like to see deathklok headline :ugeek:

come on... not another one...
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:50 pm

he i booked this thing just to see some bands we in europe never see... i would really die for dethklok:D

damn those cartoons are hilarious... and in holland quite rare... only downloadable:O

we need more adult swim in holland!!!!
  • IWantYourSkulls
    Oiler

by IWantYourSkulls » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:40 am

I really really really hope Metallica doesn't end up on the bill. I'd be kinda disappointed. They used to rock but they sold out big time. I'm not really sure who I'd want to see as a headliner, but I definitely don't want to see them. Maybe the Acacia Strain? I've only seen them once but they were pretty good live. I doubt they'll end up going, but just an idea.
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:12 am

Michaelage wrote:he i booked this thing just to see some bands we in europe never see... i would really die for dethklok:D

damn those cartoons are hilarious... and in holland quite rare... only downloadable:O

we need more adult swim in holland!!!!

adult swim? i don't hope you talking about what i am think about. it would burn out my eyes!!!!!!!

still deathklok would be awesome!!!!!
    thought i am not very snappy about siging a contract which denies me any claims for loosing bodyparts.......

Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:07 am

youll sign your soul away for dethklok...
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:21 am

No Dethklok, please! I don't want to be eaten by a sea troll after they finish with Awaken. :lol:
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:48 am

that would freakin rock:D

and then we get him back to sleep with ... granpas guitars. (bad swedish accent:P)
  • cg138
    Petty Officer

by cg138 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:22 am

If Brendon Small, who is the creator of Metalocalypse, has the reverence for metal that he seems to, I don't think he could in good conscience accept a headlining spot. His whole empire is built from the blood and sweat of these other bands who have paid their dues, and who have probably eaten a lot of shit to be where they are now.
    That being said, I fucking love Small's music, and truly don't understand the animosity Dethklok has seemed to gain from some elitists.
    For those who've yet to see Dethklok, Hoglan is their live drummer, so part of the band is already aboard!
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:32 am

IWantYourSkulls wrote:I really really really hope Metallica doesn't end up on the bill.

Don't worry, less than zero chance of that happening man...
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
  • someone123
    Oiler

by someone123 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:02 pm

I would cancel (or try to) if they annouced disturbed, stone sour or shinedown...this is a metal cruise, go listen to your shity local rock station if you want that crap
  • cg138
    Petty Officer

by cg138 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:37 pm

Look, we're 21 bands deep, and nothing hilariously un-metal has been announced. The promoter obviously knows what he's doing, and the crowd he's doing it for. There is no chance bands in the vein of Disturbed or the like would be announced, because A) They're big enough to likely need more money than will be available and B) For all the money thrown at such a band, they'll have an attendance of maybe 10% of the ship. Not really worth spending so much on something nobody will enjoy. I just trust that our friends at UMC know what we want. They haven't failed thus far!
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:48 pm

starlight wrote:turn-to-tears-bands because completely unlikely to be on the boat or to play at all
    Skid Row with original line-up
    Tyketto
    Triumph (saw them in Sweden last year and went on my knees)
    Steelheart
    L.A. Guns
    Leatherwolf
    Tesla
    and many more ...

From this list you see I'm an 80's addict and maybe also a poser :mrgreen: ... but I won't leave the hall :-p

I got you back bro, we will share our 80's addiction! Triumph tour rumors swirling again, I haven't seen em since 1987. Look me up on the cruise and we will be banished into a corner by the "true" metal heads together! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:05 am

another 80's man here ... in mid 40's and seen music change and come back around and so forth ....... couldn't agree more (if YOU like it, who cares what others think) .......... music is our connection and to see any band live is a plus (for the most part)

so while you may feel in the corner .... i say stand up in front and ROCK ON, PARTY ON, and let the bands Play ON. Because this trip is gonna kick ass.

can't wait to meet you folks in person. :cheers: :heavydrink: :givebeer: :beerhorns: ;)
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:35 am

DragonLordJones wrote: ... in mid 40's .... i say stand up in front and ROCK ON, PARTY ON

You bet we'll stand up! (just not too fast...) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:37 am

Disaster Area wrote:
    DragonLordJones wrote: ... in mid 40's .... i say stand up in front and ROCK ON, PARTY ON

You bet we'll stand up! (just not too fast...) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ha haa.....a definate "head rush" in the making!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
Locked 367 posts