Post Reply 97 posts
Suggestion: massive ticket cancellation
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

Suggestion: massive ticket cancellation

by bodomdragon » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:04 am

Hi folks,

OK, we all know what's going on here with the unexistant confirmations and/or news from UMC. We are all fed up with this. Some of us are concerned, others are pissed and others disappointed. And of course others are fine with it, which is okay, but this message is not for the latter.

The way we, the customers, are being treated since may is absolutely unacceptable, especially considering how much we are paying for the tickets, and many of us are taking long distance, expensive trips to get to Miami. The situation is unsustainable and UMC fails to react. So here's my proposal.

We have until the 27th November to cancel our tickets getting back 75% of the money we paid for them. My suggestion is, if on the 25th November the situation has not dramatically changed - that is, we finally get some news from UMC and some quality announcements - we make a massive ticket cancellation. I don't know how many people is willing to do this, but if we gather, say, 50 passengers in this thread who are seriously committed and willing to cancel their tickets on the 25th, that means a rough loss of 40000 or 50000$ for UMC, and I guess they don't want that.

I am really looking forward to this trip but I am not being treated the way I should be after the money I paid (which took a while to save!), and I'm starting to fear that the cruise either won't take place (as someone recently pointed out in another threat, the port of Costa Maya doesn't have any confirmed arrival for the 29th January) or it will with 27 more local bands just to fill in the gap in the cheapest possible way. And I'm not willing to accept that. Neither are the other 4 friends I'm travelling with, so for starters that would be five cancellations.

I don't mean to take an aggresive position against UMC but their lack of news is disturbing and disrespectful. If this initiative has success hopefully it can help UMC open their eyes and understand they're doing things the wrong way, so they at least fill us in with what's going on.

So, who's in?

Cheers :bangers:
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    jodionline
    Ensign

Re: Suggestion: massive ticket cancellation

by jodionline » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:23 am

I hope they have enough to pay us back our money :?
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:38 am

Well, I don't think they've already had time to spend more than 25% of all the money they've collected - and still, the terms & conditions are on our side so I'm not worried about that :) Let's see how many people would be in for this.
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:49 am

For me there are no other logical reasons for such a disrespectful dealing with us customers.
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:29 am

A mass cancellation has as much potential to hurt the other customers. Do what you will with your money, but please try and keep the mass-hysteria to a minimum on a public board. If you and your friends want to get together and drink the koolade, you're completely entitled to do so but freely encouraging others to do so may push the fence sitters who are emotionally compromised by the situation into making a snap decision that they will regret.

If you really want to 'stick it' to UMC... just call them, explain your reasoning, and cancel. No need to rope others into your dis-satisfaction.

Also, why is there this running fear of "Local Bands" making up the majority of the lineup? This is completely unsubstantiated.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

• meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:44 am

I'm all for local bands including Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse and Six Feet Under. I agree that these are nervous times for us, and I most likely will not do business with UMC in the future, but I'm strongly hoping this cruise happens, and won't cancel (although during the past couple of months I've been tempted) unless UMC cancels the whole shebang.
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:47 am

Just to clarify things up, I'm not trying to generate any kind of mass-hysteria, neither am I undergoing any kind of hysteria myself. I must say, however, that the fact that we've had -1 announcements during the last 5 months is not exactly calling for optimism. Neither is the fact that the ship is not scheduled to arrive in Costa Maya on the expected days. Neither the fact that we have less than 40% of the bands announced 3 months before departure. Neither the fact that many of them haven't even published the concert in their official websites. I am not hysterical but I am extremely disappointed.

The point of my initiative, however, is to generate some active movement which involves some preassure on UMC. You call them or send them an e-mail, and they give you atomated, meaningless replies a la "we're looking forward to having you on board, some exciting news are coming on the following weeks". I'm kind of fed up with that, and I honestly dont' think that helps at all. But when we're talking about thousands of dollars, well, maybe then we can get some answers to our questions.

If you're ok with what's going on and the way they are treating us, I fully respect your position, but I disagree and want to do something about it which may have some effect. Is it that bad to ask for some relevant news after more than 5 months? I am honestly a little bit surprised about people who are ok with the way UMC is treating us but I'm not gonna fight against that, it's your own call :)

Also, why is there this running fear of "Local Bands" making up the majority of the lineup? This is completely unsubstantiated.

For what I've been reading in this forum, they are not exactly making great offers to bands in order to get them to play in the cruise. Plus, if they don't have enough bands booked so far, the easy option is making a bunch of phone calls to bands from Miami or surroundings and inviting them onboard. So sadly it makes sense to me.
    Wishlist:

• meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:52 am

I believe that NOBODY here is happy with UMC...they completely suck. If there was to be a mass cancellation, it should have been done before 10/27. Doing it before the next deadline gives UMC 25% of their payment, and I'm not interested in giving them anything additional at this point. If THEY want to cancel, they can. Wife and I will plan a vacation somewhere else with the time and money set aside. The ball is in their court now.
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:55 am

you think this is a good way to start posting in this Forum?
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived
    2023 - NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:55 am

I have too much invested and I love the trip too much
    If the cruise does get canceled I will follow Amon for the next week!!! :shred: :3drunks:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:05 am

Lala wrote:you think this is a good way to start posting in this Forum?

Yes. I've been reading this forum long enough and my message is neither offensive nor breaking any rules. I really, REALLY hope UMC proves me wrong and shows me how stupid my/our concerns were. But given the current situation, which we all know, I think my post is perfectly reasonable and understandable, whether or not you agree with it.
    Wishlist:

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:15 am

Do what you will, I'm not cancelling ;)
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:26 am

Another veteran cruiser opposed to canceling.

I am by far not "Ok" with the way things have been handled for the upcoming cruise.

BUT- Without UMC there would be no 70000 Tons of Metal Cruise. So please keep negative nancy threads to a minimum. Like Jake /viathyn said, if your upset or unhappy with UMC. Contact them directly

Thank you for your time,

Scott
    Last edited by TOM CRUISE on Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:37 am

Well guys, thanks for all the input. I have no problem admitting I am kinda disappointed with the replies I got - meaning I didn't get the expected support - but I can live with that. As I said, I really hope at the end of the story I'm the one who is wrong and the cruise ends up kickin as much ass as it has kicked in the previous editions. Nothing would make me happier than that, and having to say "I told you" would be the most disappointing thing ever.

So let's just keep fingers crossed and hope that you're all right and I'm wrong, and UMC needs no pressure at all to give us a nice festival :headbanger:
    Wishlist:

D.T. Metal
    Crewman

by D.T. Metal » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:00 am

bodomdragon wrote:Well guys, thanks for all the input. I have no problem admitting I am kinda disappointed with the replies I got - meaning I didn't get the expected support - but I can live with that.

Oh wow - so the only reason you registered and made that post was to get support in getting people to cancel their reservations ???

I am with Scott and others - DO what you feel is right for YOU and don't stir the pot with posts like this :evil:
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:06 am

D.T. Metal wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:Well guys, thanks for all the input. I have no problem admitting I am kinda disappointed with the replies I got - meaning I didn't get the expected support - but I can live with that.

Oh wow - so the only reason you registered and made that post was to get support in getting people to cancel their reservations ???

I am with Scott and others - DO what you feel is right for YOU and don't stir the pot with posts like this :evil:

The reason I registered and made this post was to try to do SOMETHING at all about the outrageous way in which we - you, me, anyone who already has a ticket - are being treated. You can share my thoughts or not, but don't tell me what I can or cannot do ;)
    Wishlist:

markku1
    Chief Petty Officer

by markku1 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:06 am

D.T. Metal wrote:

why not ???? there might be a freedom of speech or not ????
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:18 am

While I understand the frustration this nonsense is causing, I too think trying to get people to cancel with you isn't the right way to go. You should voice your concerns directly with UMC by calling or emailing them - seeing how they completely ignore this forum as part of their customer service. I'm baffled at the fact that not even the minions have stepped in and given us even the automated replies in the numerous threads spawned from people worrying whether the cruise will or will not happen.
    I don't think "in the end Andy always delivers" is quite enough anymore. He better have some big surprises in store for us soon.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    dinki
    Petty Officer

by dinki » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:27 am

Stained Class wrote:Do what you will, I'm not cancelling ;)
    Emperor-Mayhem-Midnight-Night Demon-Savage Master
  • SatansWrath
    Chief Petty Officer

by SatansWrath » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:09 pm

I also think its a big spit in the face for people who travels all the world for a cruise. And to be honest I am not excited about the cruise as much as I use to be. There is so many rumoours around that I just wish that someone in the UMC would just say. No we wont do a cancelation of the cruise. And YES there will be new bands on board. So we can get rid of this massive hysteria about cancelation and no bands. I will not cancel the cruise, BUt I belive this will be the last one for me/us for a while until things gets better organized.

BUt leets look on a different angle. Maybe it's harder to get bands this year, maybe Andy or the other people behind the cruise have personal problems , hit the wall or are completly burned out for organizing this kind of event. I would still like some kind of band announcement but there is so many factions that can be behind this stalemate. So let us just "enjoy" this silence a little longer. When we'll be on the cruise we'll still have the blast ov our lives again with familar faces, new bands and old bands. New funny memories and shit music in MIami. But still having the most brutal beachparty Miami ever have seen the same time of the year...every year=)

See ya in January
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Pissed of whishlist for the cruises:
    Turisas, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Dalriada, Arch Enemy, Abinchova, Northland, Sear Bliss, Watain, Slayer, Raubtier, Fear Factory, Rammstein, Running Wild
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:35 pm

IF the cruise gets cancelled, we all get our money back. If it doesn't, we enjoy the boat as we have done before.

I honeslty don't see the point of a "massive" cancellation. More so today.

I won't cancel and I will enjoy the cruise with all of you awesome people that make it one of the best weeks of the year.

:bangers:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:48 pm

The only way for the cruise to be cancelled is for UMC to file for bankruptcy - which, I believe, would mean that most likely we wouldn't get our money back.
    Wishlist:
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:33 pm

WTF is this for a thread?
    I'm not canceling.
    As veteran I can only say that 70.000 TOM is my best vacation ever.
    UMC wrote in many e-mail that the cruise will NOT be cancelled.
    Everyone has right for free speech but not to don't incite others to cancel.
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:50 pm

Mal2000 wrote:WTF is this for a thread?
    I'm not canceling.

This.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    MLH
    Crewman

by MLH » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:55 pm

Mal2000 wrote:UMC wrote in many e-mail that the cruise will NOT be cancelled.

Come on, like there is any other answer they could/would give no matter what. Especially when its some CS person answering who has probably non to say in management biz.
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:09 pm

MLH wrote:

Come on, like there is any other answer they could/would give no matter what. Especially when its some CS person answering who has probably non to say in management biz.

You may believe in anything you want. It's your right.
    But make up your mind. Either you complain of no communication or that e-mails from UMC are lies.

I think I need to quote Stover now: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:11 pm

Yeah, and for months they've written in the emails that there'll be announcements "soon", "in the coming weeks" or "on the horizon". Has anyone actually gotten something other than some automated reply? No.
    So, even if UMC has succeeded before, it is naive to say this is business as usual.

They've received tons of emails, calls and posts here on this forum and on their Facebook page, so they must have seen their customers are restless, right? Aah, yeah, it makes sense not to comment anything. Oh, sorry, my bad; they do say "hang in there, we've got some more surprises in store for you". That sure makes it all better.

While I want to have fun on the boat again, and still believe this thing will happen, I'm kinda hoping for everything to fail with the cruise. I'm really annoyed and flabbergasted at the fact that so many people are willing to accept this kind of behaviour from a company they've paid around a thousand dollars almost a year in advance. I simply can't see any reasoning behind that.

Even if the rest of the announcements would all be wishlist bands for me, it is more than likely that this will be my last time abroad any UMC cruise. Fuck this shit. It's not even about the lack of announcements for me, but the total lack of respect the company is showing their customers.
    Wishlist:
    markku1
    Chief Petty Officer

by markku1 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:18 pm

MLH wrote:

THIS
    markku1
    Chief Petty Officer

by markku1 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:20 pm

Memnoch wrote:

Yeah, and for months they've written in the emails that there'll be announcements "soon", "in the coming weeks" or "on the horizon". Has anyone actually gotten something other than some automated reply? No.
    So, even if UMC has succeeded before, it is naive to say this is business as usual.

They've received tons of emails, calls and posts here on this forum and on their Facebook page, so they must have seen their customers are restless, right? Aah, yeah, it makes sense not to comment anything. Oh, sorry, my bad; they do say "hang in there, we've got some more surprises in store for you". That sure makes it all better.

While I want to have fun on the boat again, and still believe this thing will happen, I'm kinda hoping for everything to fail with the cruise. I'm really annoyed and flabbergasted at the fact that so many people are willing to accept this kind of behaviour from a company they've paid around a thousand dollars almost a year in advance. I simply can't see any reasoning behind that.

Even if the rest of the announcements would all be wishlist bands for me, it is more than likely that this will be my last time abroad any UMC cruise. Fuck this shit. It's not even about the lack of announcements for me, but the total lack of respect the company is showing their customers.

Näille on ihan turha puhua järkeä ei voi sanoa kuin voi herranjestas
    xhead
    Crewman

by xhead » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:41 pm

Memnoch wrote:

Signed 100% !!! Nowhere else would anyone accept this behaviour! BTW - nowhere else do I spend that kind of money a year than on this 70k cruise.
    RIP 70k - If someone believe 70k will go on in 2015 I pay my respect for having this great belief. My anticipation is almost gone. Thanx UMC!
    2nd Cruise
    Deck2
    Arrival: ???
    Hotel ???
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:34 pm

100% agreement from me too!!

The points I make in the Rock Harvest thread (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3864) apply here.

Yes that festival is having some issues, but at least THEY are making an effort to defuse the situation (are they telling the truth? Who knows - but at LEAST they are saying something!)

Obviously no bands have badmouthed UMC to the level that Rock Harvest are being. But Kamelot said they contacted UMC weeks ago, and that "no tourdates are confirmed unless they are on our website" (ie a polite way of saying "fuck you UMC dont announce us when we havent agreed to it yet"). You would think that would be enough to get a response from any other festival in the world.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:51 pm

We will not cancel, however, we will not book again. The way things dugressed this year has been sad.

The natives are restless, and UzmC doesnt care?? Terrible business.
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:51 pm

Mal2000 wrote:WTF is this for a thread?
    I'm not canceling.

YES ! You rock.

But if they cruise does by chance get canceled. I am going to Amon Amarth and spending a week on the beach !
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:57 pm

Memnoch wrote:

You, man, are so goddamn right.
    Wishlist:

TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:07 pm

Memnoch wrote:

It must be double frustrating for people outside the US. Do you have your airfare yet ?
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:11 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:

It must be double frustrating for people outside the US. Do you have your airfare yet ?

I don't. I'm coming from Spain and I'm waiting to see whether it's reasonable or not to spend 600 more dollars in a plane ticket. So yes, it is frustrating indeed.
    Wishlist:

TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:16 pm

I already have mine. Coming from Seattle and there was a window last month where I could use my frequent flyer miles. So the ticket cost me $10.
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:26 pm

Our tix were $688 from Milwaukee. Add that to the druise tix, the hotel, booze and meals in Miami. This vacation is pricy. And so far, very little return on our investment. Only frustration and uneasieness.
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • banserki
    Oiler

by banserki » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:38 pm

I haven't bought my flights yet from Australia. I was going to cancel on the 28th if no sign of life but will wait for a day before the 25% cut. Flights for 2 people will cost me $3000-3500.

If before then they announce multiple awesome bands I'm still going. If they announce one awesome band and/or lame bands with a huge apology I'll go. If they do that but NO apology I cancel.

I really suspect I'll be cancelling.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:00 pm

banserki wrote:I haven't bought my flights yet from Australia. I was going to cancel on the 28th if no sign of life but will wait for a day before the 25% cut. Flights for 2 people will cost me $3000-3500.

If before then they announce multiple awesome bands I'm still going. If they announce one awesome band and/or lame bands with a huge apology I'll go. If they do that but NO apology I cancel.

I really suspect I'll be cancelling.

EXACTLY the same situation as you my friend.

This is the latest I've ever left it to book the flights from Australia but until we get more than just a half arsed destination vote, I just cannot risk it.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Post Reply 97 posts