Post Reply 97 posts
Suggestion: massive ticket cancellation
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

Re: Suggestion: massive ticket cancellation

by meshuggah » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:43 pm

STACH100 wrote:I just plan on a lot of partying with OVERKILL!!!!

We're all gonna be BLITZED!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:49 pm

STACH100 wrote:I just plan on a lot of partying with OVERKILL!!!!

Indeed - at least they are keeping the faith along with us!!

https://twitter.com/OverkillBand/status ... 3138475008
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:19 pm

I will not be canceling. I will go on the cruise and have a blast, as I've done on the past 4 cruises. What I won't be doing is blind booking. I will only go on the cruise again once I know there are enough bands I want to see in the lineup.
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    markku1
    Chief Petty Officer

by markku1 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:19 pm

Laura wrote:I know of three for sure because they posted as such on the FB forum fiends group: forum member evican (roller derby queen & awesome gal from Australia) & Eternity (Daniel B) & his wife from Canada. Also, I believe Dallas mentioned a few other Australians who cancelled. Don't know if Finnish (Grumpy :lol: ) Markku was ever actually booked or not, but he bailed for 2014 & is going to MDF 2014. (which I hope transforms him into Happy Markku!!)

Thanks Laura :D Are You coming Baltimore next May ?
    markku1
    Chief Petty Officer

by markku1 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:20 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:I will not be canceling. I will go on the cruise and have a blast, as I've done on the past 4 cruises. What I won't be doing is blind booking. I will only go on the cruise again once I know there are enough bands I want to see in the lineup.

I hope there are many bands for You Kate :heavydrink:
    Last edited by markku1 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:55 pm

Grumpy would've come with us if UMC had announced a couple of old school death metal bands. And to be honest, if I wasn't going with the Awesomevång brothers, I probably would have cancelled before Nov 27th. Not solely because of the lack of announcements - though that would be high on the list of reasons. Now that we're doing MDF and most likely include a few days in Iceland on the way to the U.S., I'm actually looking forward to that trip, not to 70k.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:29 am

[quote="Memnoch"Now that we're doing MDF and most likely include a few days in Iceland on the way to the U.S., I'm actually looking forward to that trip, not to 70k.[/quote]

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MDF !!!!!!!!!!! Better than the cruise at this point. Well organized and fun. I should talk Ryan into doing MDF- the cruise.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:43 pm

I wrote this to UMC last Wednesday:

[...] I am sending this e-mail because I would really, really like to know the status in which the cruise is right now. Me and my friends are DESPERATE because we haven't had any news and we have a very long trip to plan. Plus most of my savings are going on this trip and we need to make sure it will be as good as other years. PLEASE, don't give me automated answers. I beg you, don't just tell me "very exciting news will come very soon" or this kind of automatic stuff you always write. I really need to know what is going on, WHEN are the next announcements taking place (seriously, please, no standarized answers...) and what kind of bands can we expect. I'm really crossing my fingers so that you don't just get a lot of "filling" bands because you couldn't get anything better. Once again, I'm begging you, as a customer of yours, for you to give me a valuable answer. Thank you very much in advance.

And got this reply today:

Thanks for writing to us!
    We appreciate your concern and also understand your frustration.
    Just to assure you, the cruise is absolutely not being cancelled.
    We are working on getting band announcements up as soon as possible.
    We have passed on your concerns to Management.
    If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact us any time!

Well, I guess it's better than nothing...
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:29 pm

bodomdragon wrote:I wrote this to UMC last Wednesday:

[...] I am sending this e-mail because I would really, really like to know the status in which the cruise is right now. Me and my friends are DESPERATE because we haven't had any news and we have a very long trip to plan. Plus most of my savings are going on this trip and we need to make sure it will be as good as other years. PLEASE, don't give me automated answers. I beg you, don't just tell me "very exciting news will come very soon" or this kind of automatic stuff you always write. I really need to know what is going on, WHEN are the next announcements taking place (seriously, please, no standarized answers...) and what kind of bands can we expect. I'm really crossing my fingers so that you don't just get a lot of "filling" bands because you couldn't get anything better. Once again, I'm begging you, as a customer of yours, for you to give me a valuable answer. Thank you very much in advance.

And got this reply today:

No, its the exact same reply that ALL of us have gotten when contact them with similar concerns. Almost verbatim to my email to them and the reply.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:23 pm

markku1 wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:I will not be canceling. I will go on the cruise and have a blast, as I've done on the past 4 cruises. What I won't be doing is blind booking. I will only go on the cruise again once I know there are enough bands I want to see in the lineup.

I hope there are many bands for You Kate :heavydrink:

Thanks, hopefully! Same for you :heavydrink:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:09 pm

bodomdragon wrote:.....

I LOVE how they addressed your concerns, and gave you the personalised response you requested rather than some generic response.

Considering this is the reply I got from them to a similar email:

Cheers,
    your Ultimate Music Cruises team

:roll:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:37 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:.....

I LOVE how they addressed your concerns, and gave you the personalised response you requested rather than some generic response.

Considering this is the reply I got from them to a similar email:

Cheers,
    your Ultimate Music Cruises team

:roll:

Oh, that's pretty cool! Thanks to UMC for not giving an automated answer as I requested. Was your "not" also underlined? :D
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Rivfader
    Wiper

by Rivfader » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:38 am

Those emails look eerily familiar to ones that I received last year when inquiring about bands announcements and cruise cancellations.... :lol:
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:50 am

meshuggah wrote:
    Rivfader wrote:
    Metaladdict187 wrote:How bad was the attendance for Barge????

Pitiful. Disappointing.
    But so was the customer service leading up to it.

The stupidity of having Barge in December (just before the Holidays...people can't take off from work at that time of year), just a month before 70000tons (people can't spend that kind of money 2 months in a row) was astounding. Now Andy is going to cry about it? It's completely his fault. If Barge was in September, October, April or May, it too would have probably sold out...or at least sold considerably better than it did.

Now he's proving once again what a lousy businessman he is. Even if he doesn't give a shit about us or the bands, he needs to at least pretend that he does. He's not going to have a very pleasant time on 70000tons with so many of us wanting to tell him a thing or two, and might as well not send any pre-booking announcements for 2015. I don't know of anyone who would take a chance with him again.

This!! The Barge lineup was fucking awesome and I would love to have gone, but the timing of it was completely retarded. I couldn't get the time off work. If it was at a good date and I was trying to choose between lineup of Barge 2012 vs. 70k 2013 I would have sided with Barge in a heartbeat. I didn't book 70k because the lineup was quality, I booked because I thought the lineup was going to get get much better after Barge, and aside from 10 bands, I didn't think the lineup was that great, but I still had a killer time anyway. I'm sure if Barge was in March the turnout would be much better. Timing is everything. The timing for 70k being in the last week of January is as good as it gets.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:29 pm

I loved Barge's lineup. Couldnt afford it , and time of year was awful.
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • SatansWrath
    Chief Petty Officer

by SatansWrath » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:02 pm

Did those who cancelled got their money back ?
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Pissed of whishlist for the cruises:
    Turisas, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Dalriada, Arch Enemy, Abinchova, Northland, Sear Bliss, Watain, Slayer, Raubtier, Fear Factory, Rammstein, Running Wild
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:26 pm

SatansWrath wrote:Did those who cancelled got their money back ?

Yep - I know multiple people (unfortunately!) that have cancelled.

None had any issues getting their money back.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist