Post Reply 23 posts Page 1 of 1
C'Mon Andy - Break the silence
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

C'Mon Andy - Break the silence

by DragonLordJones » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:03 am

Really Dude spill the beans, toss a bone. Let the rest of know one way or the other wtf is going on?

Announce a band, give us an answer why a band isn't being announced .... end the silence. Is it a surprise? , Is it done?

Please for the love of the Metal Gods give us some news as to our adventure.

I can't take it anymore ....... my tickets are paid for, pre-cruise shit is paid for, vacation at work is taken care of .......... I gotta know what this is leading to .

PLEASE RESPOND to your loyal costumer base :cheers: :beerhorns: :givebeer: or an announcement
    dinki
    Petty Officer

Re: C'Mon Andy - Break the silence

by dinki » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:09 am

just another bitching thread? :(
    UMC sadly doesn't care :(
    Emperor-Mayhem-Midnight-Night Demon-Savage Master
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:30 am

DragonLordJones wrote:Really Dude spill the beans, toss a bone. Let the rest of know one way or the other wtf is going on?

Announce a band, give us an answer why a band isn't being announced .... end the silence. Is it a surprise? , Is it done?

I can't take it anymore ....... my tickets are paid for, pre-cruise shit is paid for, vacation at work is taken care of .......... I gotta know what this is leading to .

PLEASE RESPOND to your loyal costumer base :cheers: :beerhorns: :givebeer: or an announcement

Yes give us a lifesign ! :bangers:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:30 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adtE2H7sXJM

BUT YOU NEVER ANSWER MEEEEEEEE!
    Upcoming Gigs:

2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:40 am

70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:34 am

DragonLordJones wrote:Really Dude spill the beans, toss a bone. Let the rest of know one way or the other wtf is going on?

Same here!! As of this morning, everything was paid for. I am hoping for some Halloween "candy". But i am not holding my breath.

But for Barge, they announced like 8 bands in a day. Sp i am hoping for a surprise. I wake up every day hoping for another nocturnal post from Andy. :heavydrink:
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:54 am

Mal2000 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NNhA-W3VYU

Van Canto
    cowboy71 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adtE2H7sXJM

BUT YOU NEVER ANSWER MEEEEEEEE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyGjZksgnBQ
    Firewind (feature a current cruiser)
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Fa MetalKween
    Oiler

by Fa MetalKween » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:12 am

TOXIC HOLOCAUST - LICH KING - SUICIDAL TENDENCIES - MUNICIPAL WASTE - OBITUARY - AUTOPSY - DARK ANGEL - DESTRUCTION
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:31 am

2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:46 am

rflores
    Oiler

by rflores » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:18 pm

we are all in the same boat! :( any sign will bee good at this point :death: :beerhorns: :beerhorns: :evil:
      WISHLIST:
    AGALLOCH NEGURA BUNGET ROTTING CHRIST PENTAGRAM MARDUK INQUISITION DARK FUNERAL CANDLEMASS TAAKE

70K 2013 , 70K 2014,70K 2015
    MDF 2014 MDF 2015
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:39 pm

The thing about bitch threads is, as long as they provide so much to bitch about, the bitch threads are all we have.
    Oh let's see ... threads about how great the announcements are, nah. Maybe how we are looking forward to all of those
    great bands, well that isn't working either. Hey here's a thread " At least we aren't going to Nassau".
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:21 pm

STACH100 wrote:The thing about bitch threads is, as long as they provide so much to bitch about, the bitch threads are all we have.
    Oh let's see ... threads about how great the announcements are, nah. Maybe how we are looking forward to all of those
    great bands, well that isn't working either. Hey here's a thread " At least we aren't going to Nassau".

Great idea!
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:26 am

For the price I pay for this I could visit a different country!

Keep up the good work Andy!
    We all like the silence
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:52 am

Maybe just change it from Board Index to "Bored Index"!
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:31 pm

Azazel101 wrote:For the price I pay for this I could visit a different country!

Keep up the good work Andy!
    We all like the silence

Exactly. I could have gone to Japan or Australia. What do I choose ? Blind booking a cruise from Miami, less than 3 months out to sail and no announcements for over 5 months. WHAT THE ? Andy are you alive ? You did not answer your text I sent over a month ago.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:24 pm

The arrogance of UMC is astounding... Add to it the fact that this trip nearly sold out in the first month when barely anything was known about the lineup and now we get 5 months of silence for our reward?

Overall, I'm trying to not get too pissed about this given that UMC has done a fairly good job on the final product in the past, but damn is it ever getting hard not to.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:05 am

In general, I have a strong feeling when something will turn bad, as a cancellation, for exemple, but not this time, that means, that we should try to stay positive. Even say that, that also drive me mad to not know what's going on. I haven't booked my flight yet as I wouldn't like to do it and have to stay in Miami 9 days if the cruise was cancelled. I would prefer to keep my money for my trip to Finland in June 2014, but I wont to cancel cruise, except if it has to be cancelled by UMC, of course. I had a fantastic experience this year and for nothing in the world I would miss the ship in 2014 :headbanger:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

http://www.bandspromo.biz/home.html
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:14 am

taketheday wrote:In general, I have a strong feeling when something will turn bad, as a cancellation, for exemple, but not this time, that means, that we should try to stay positive. Even say that, that also drive me mad to not know what's going on. I haven't booked my flight yet as I wouldn't like to do it and have to stay in Miami 9 days if the cruise was cancelled. I would prefer to keep my money for my trip to Finland in June 2014, but I wont to cancel cruise, except if it has to be cancelled by UMC, of course. I had a fantastic experience this year and for nothing in the world I would miss the ship in 2014 :headbanger:

The cruise is NOT going to be cancelled and all of the awesome people WILL be there. The only legitimate concern that people have is that he's going to panic last minute and book a bunch of small time shitty bands, but that's not gonna happen either.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:52 am

Stained Class wrote:
    taketheday wrote:In general, I have a strong feeling when something will turn bad, as a cancellation, for exemple, but not this time, that means, that we should try to stay positive. Even say that, that also drive me mad to not know what's going on. I haven't booked my flight yet as I wouldn't like to do it and have to stay in Miami 9 days if the cruise was cancelled. I would prefer to keep my money for my trip to Finland in June 2014, but I wont to cancel cruise, except if it has to be cancelled by UMC, of course. I had a fantastic experience this year and for nothing in the world I would miss the ship in 2014 :headbanger:

The cruise is NOT going to be cancelled and all of the awesome people WILL be there. The only legitimate concern that people have is that he's going to panic last minute and book a bunch of small time shitty bands, but that's not gonna happen either.

As much as I appreciate your positivity Joey (really, I do - because I am very much a "glass half full" / "look at the bright side" kind of person), nothing would surprise me at this point the way things have gone so far. And it's not like a cancellation of an event/cruise is completely 100% outside of the realm of possibilty. There have been other music cruises that have been cancelled, so there is some precedence, although I think the reason in those cases was low bookings.

And as far as booking bands go, we know that it is possible for festival promoters to book substantial, complete line-ups far in advance of the date of the event. There are countless examples of this, for festivals both on land and at sea. Which leads me to believe there is something strange & out of the ordinary going on in UMC's case this year. What that is is anyone's guess, but the fact remains that the silence is deafening. If I had booked 70K 2014, I'd probably hang tight until the end of November, and then if there was still no word at that point, I'd likely bail. As far as future UMC cruises, it is doubtful I'll ever book again if things don't change dramatically, since the company (and its leader) strike me as nothing short of unstable at this point. (and that is putting it as nicely as I can muster at the moment)
    Last edited by Laura on Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:56 am

I wish people would stop creating new post topics for every single bitch.

I'll start reporting them as spam.

But, I did get a kickass kitchen out of all this... all I had to do was send 10000 loonies to Nigeria and they will send it out...

seems legit, right??

:?
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:58 am

Yeah Laura the only thing I disagree with is the possibility of cancellation. Any music cruise I've seen get cancelled was because of ticket sales. That's one problem UMC does not have. Yeah it is POSSIBLE but so is walking through walls.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:27 pm

Jaimie38 wrote:I wish people would stop creating new post topics for every single bitch.

I'll start reporting them as spam.

But, I did get a kickass kitchen out of all this... all I had to do was send 10000 loonies to Nigeria and they will send it out...

seems legit, right??

:?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
Post Reply 23 posts Page 1 of 1