Post Reply 67 posts
END OF UMC
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

END OF UMC

by Captain Alex » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:55 pm

About the lack of announcements on Barge To Hell I remember I felt so bad for the folks already booked (I wasn't there) I thought it was an abuse from UMC and a very bad customer treatment to them I thought it was because BTH was a new concept that perhaps took more time to organize than a 70K where UMC already had the experience of 2 years.. I never thought that record time of lack of announcements could be broken .. I thought with 70K 2013 I was right ... now I see UMC really don't care anything about bad records to brake or to deteriorate service every event ..

Knowing that if tomorrow we have an announcement that mean almost 6 months without knowing anything about new bands .. so following the UMC politic about breaking bad records on next 70K or Barge or whatever people booking must be ready to wait perhaps more than 6, 7, 8 or 9 months without news of what they bought .. I wonder how many peolpe will do that .. I guess I'll not (specially now that are many options like Wacken cruise, Shiprocked, etc..) and I've heard many known people neither.. so will this be the end of UMC?
    Frozen Crown-Therion-Iced Earth-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Powerwolf-Nanowar of Steel-Alestorm-Wintersun-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-Kalmah-Skeletonwitch-Mago de Oz-LuciferianLightOrchestra-Scepticflesh
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: END OF UMC

by Metaladdict187 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:59 pm

:cry:
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:59 pm

barge to Hell turned out to be my fav so far
    Last edited by Azazel101 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:03 am

looks like a kitchen cruise :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
  • SpaceSlug
    Crewman

by SpaceSlug » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:21 am

I can at least say I am skipping 70K 2015 assuming there is one. We are less than 3 months out and I cannot find the energy or the excitement like I had going on my first 70K last year. With no announcements and no bands to research I just keep focusing on other things. I am fully booked for 2014 but we shall see if I go again.. It is a lot of money even for someone living near Washington DC with a huge international airport just 20 minutes away. I might just save that money going forward.

With that said, I really hope UMC gets going soon. Even a non-announcement here and there. Just talk to us, give us something to do/read while you figure out the bands. Anything ...
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:27 am

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Getting so sick of the multi bitch threads on the forums. I would rather read about kitchens
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:02 pm

Doom, Doom, Doom ....... we need some doom onbroad. Saint Vitus maybe :cheers: :beerhorns: not bitching / just saying :lol:
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:24 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:Doom, Doom, Doom ....... we need some doom onbroad. Saint Vitus maybe :cheers: :beerhorns: not bitching / just saying :lol:

Swallow the Sun not good enough? Listened to one of their albums (Hope) to hear what they were like...I'll never be the same again! SO depressing...but powerful!
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:32 pm

no matter how shittily the announcements are handled if everything goes well this year again ill be booking for 2015 (that is if there is one).
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:43 pm

meshuggah wrote:
    DragonLordJones wrote:Doom, Doom, Doom ....... we need some doom onbroad. Saint Vitus maybe :cheers: :beerhorns: not bitching / just saying :lol:

Swallow the Sun not good enough? Listened to one of their albums (Hope) to hear what they were like...I'll never be the same again! SO depressing...but powerful!

^^^ haha...I LOVE Swallow the Sun - have all of their albums & have seen 'em a few times. And how's this for depressing lyrics (yet so depressingly awesome :P ) - my favorite StS song, Falling World from New Moon:

Hold me
    This world is falling down on me
    Feel it
    Is it the dead or death that walks among us?

Close your eyes, but stay awake
    They are trying to crawl inside your head
    Wish I could end this all today
    But like all good, our hope fades away

Hold me
    Few more steps and I will fall
    Watch me
    I'll take you with me, too sad to leave alone

Burden on my shoulders, the curse of man
    No stepping back, I'll take you there -
    No life, no cries, no more sleepless nights

2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    carlynjason
    Petty Officer

by carlynjason » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:57 pm

Laura wrote:
    meshuggah wrote:

^^^ haha...I LOVE Swallow the Sun - have all of their albums & have seen 'em a few times. And how's this for depressing lyrics (yet so depressingly awesome :P ) - my favorite StS song, Falling World from New Moon:

Hold me
    This world is falling down on me
    Feel it
    Is it the dead or death that walks among us?

Hold me
    Few more steps and I will fall
    Watch me
    I'll take you with me, too sad to leave alone

Burden on my shoulders, the curse of man
    No stepping back, I'll take you there -
    No life, no cries, no more sleepless nights

ditto, :bmhorns: love the lyrics of sts, plague of butterflies is an awesome song, cant wait to see them
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:22 pm

Blackfhyre wrote:no matter how shittily the announcements are handled if everything goes well this year again ill be booking for 2015 (that is if there is one).

Yeah, this is pretty much the attitude I'm taking. If I have fun in one, I'll try to be in the next. I'll just not expect anything next year.

Of course, I'll have to see if I can afford the cruise next year... And, even if I can, I might not book blindly. We'll see.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:37 am

The cruise is now a 4 day kitchen expo.

Jokes on us.
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • Rivfader
    Wiper

by Rivfader » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:42 am

After being one of those people with no announcements for Barge last year, I decided that I would never blindly book a ticket and hope for the best again.

This is just as bad, if not worse, in terms of announcements.
    Sitting and watching these forums, and how frustrated people are across social media about UMC makes you wonder why the business plan hasn't changed. At least pick up the customer service aspect.
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:58 am

X-Thor wrote:
    Blackfhyre wrote:no matter how shittily the announcements are handled if everything goes well this year again ill be booking for 2015 (that is if there is one).

Yeah, this is pretty much the attitude I'm taking. If I have fun in one, I'll try to be in the next. I'll just not expect anything next year.

Of course, I'll have to see if I can afford the cruise next year... And, even if I can, I might not book blindly. We'll see.

You'll book. you'll book...
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:09 pm

I'm not cancelling, emotionally I have far too much energy vested into this next voyage and am looking forward to hanging out with you guys again, but I am definitely not booking again unless UMC changes their ways. There's too much competition with other fests and cruises for me to limit myself to UMC cruises.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:28 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:I'm not cancelling, emotionally I have far too much energy vested into this next voyage and am looking forward to hanging out with you guys again, but I am definitely not booking again unless UMC changes their ways. There's too much competition with other fests and cruises for me to limit myself to UMC cruises.

THIS +1
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:30 pm

My question is why did he go from almost weekly news/hype, to absolutely nothing. He was off to a good start, and then.nothing.

How will Andy show his face on the ship??
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:40 pm

Metaladdict187 wrote:My question is why did he go from almost weekly news/hype, to absolutely nothing. He was off to a good start, and then.nothing.

How will Andy show his face on the ship??

Does he think its just "a few haters on the forum"? Maybe? Think its funny that the few dozen regulars here are not happy?

Surely not - I'm guessing they are getting A LOT of emails and phonecalls, plus there is lots of hate on facebook, last.fm and any other forum on the planet.

That, plus the negative publicity they are getting where people are contacting the bands themselves (people have been in direct contact with bands such as Symphony X) asking if its still on.

It does not bode well for the future of UMC - the amount of goodwill lost due to the behaviour this year would be measured in the thousands of dollars I am sure.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:59 pm

This will be the last year we book. The cruise in 2012 was amazing. We couldnt afford 2013. This year, we saved enough, and look what happened. This is a disaster, a lot of unhappy who invested a LOT in this cruise.

And we have every right to be pissed. A great event, fucked up by mismanagement. If it aint broke dont fix it.
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:07 pm

Metaladdict187 wrote:This is a disaster, a lot of unhappy who invested a LOT in this cruise.

And we have every right to be pissed. A great event, fucked up by mismanagement.

I'm in every word, sorry about how things are happening this time bro :beerbang: .. all this is absolutely not out fault
    Frozen Crown-Therion-Iced Earth-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Powerwolf-Nanowar of Steel-Alestorm-Wintersun-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-Kalmah-Skeletonwitch-Mago de Oz-LuciferianLightOrchestra-Scepticflesh
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:08 pm

Metaladdict187 wrote:This is a disaster, a lot of unhappy who invested a LOT in this cruise.

And we have every right to be pissed. A great event, fucked up by mismanagement.

I'm in every word, sorry about how things are happening this time bro :beerbang: .. all this is absolutely not our fault .. and no matter how optimistic we can be about the final product.. all the months before are terrible shit to us customers
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:16 pm

Captain Alex wrote:

I'm in every word, sorry about how things are happening this time bro :beerbang: .. all this is absolutely not our fault .. and no matter how optimistic we can be about the final product.. all the months before are terrible shit to us customers

Its just tragic how badly things have gone. Im trying not to bitch too much, but like i said in amother post. We are all in this together, its like group therapy. :cheers:
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:27 pm

Metaladdict187 wrote:
    Captain Alex wrote:

Its just tragic how badly things have gone. Im trying not to bitch too much, but like i said in amother post. We are all in this together, its like group therapy. :cheers:

:lol: Hi my name is Alex and I feel like I've to hurl tons of bitching, I need to find a light at the end of the tunel :cry:
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:42 pm

:lol:

My name is Bill and i am a frustrated customer.
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:00 pm

Hi I'm statsman, and statisically I'm 100% sad at the lack of announcements :cry:

:lol:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:59 am

They say the cruise won't cancel. But it absolutely could cancel. There is something in the policy paperwork. And they said trip insurance is not required but recommended. :cry:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:30 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:They say the cruise won't cancel. But it absolutely could cancel. There is something in the policy paperwork. And they said trip insurance is not required but recommended. :cry:

I prefer it to be cancelled and have my full money back than waste that amount of money to see unknown bands, I can see many unknown bands paying not much money (or free)
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:31 pm

Captain Alex wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote:They say the cruise won't cancel. But it absolutely could cancel. There is something in the policy paperwork. And they said trip insurance is not required but recommended. :cry:

I prefer it to be cancelled and have my full money back than waste that amount of money to see unknown bands, I can see many unknown bands paying not much money (or free)

Yeah but did you do it on a cruise?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:36 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    Captain Alex wrote:

Yeah but did you do it on a cruise?

yeah! Image
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:52 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Well it it does cancel I am stuck in Miami for a week. Will be at Amon Amarth in Fort Lauderdale though. Maybe I will take the rental car up to Orlando and do some Disneyworld.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:01 pm

Too true mate.

It's not like UMC are gonna respond with "gee it could get cancelled but don't tell anyone mmmmkay?"

Of course they are gonna say it's not getting cancelled if asked :p
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:12 pm

cowboy71 wrote:

Too true mate.

It's not like UMC are gonna respond with "gee it could get cancelled but don't tell anyone mmmmkay?"

Because they might not know anything either and Andy is leading the staff on as well........ If I worked there I would be on Andy like white on rice. I would get fed up with the calls and emails from upset customers.

Remember his "fuck you" post/announcement about how he runs things the way HE wants it, not the customer.
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:17 pm

Its not getting cancelled, I personally believe that he's holding back the announcements out of spite.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:19 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

Too true mate.

Because they might not know anything either and Andy is leading the staff on as well........ If I worked there I would be on Andy like white on rice. I would get fed up with the calls and emails from upset customers.

Remember his "fuck you" post/announcement about how he runs things the way HE wants it, not the customer.

Where can i read sed post??? I.e. When was this written??
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:25 pm

^^ Yeah, that's what I know. I've heard about these supposed posts on the FB forum but I'm not sure exactly which ones they are.
  • Jess
    Wiper

by Jess » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:32 pm

The lack of announcements is disappointing mainly due to the excitement they generate. However, I fail to understand why so many people react with such pessimism and despair. It is more understandable for first time cruise goers ( I have one of my own that I am having to reassure), but it seems as if veterans should have a little more faith. Past cruises have been smashing successes and I am certain this one will be as well. This cruise is truly like none other and not just for the bands that will play, but also for the amazing diversity of people and the incredible atmosphere. It would take much more than a lack of announcement for UMC to lose my support. :headbanger:
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:40 pm

Jess wrote:The lack of announcements is disappointing mainly due to the excitement they generate. However, I fail to understand why so many people react with such pessimism and despair. It is more understandable for first time cruise goers ( I have one of my own that I am having to reassure), but it seems as if veterans should have a little more faith. Past cruises have been smashing successes and I am certain this one will be as well. This cruise is truly like none other and not just for the bands that will play, but also for the amazing diversity of people and the incredible atmosphere. It would take much more than a lack of announcement for UMC to lose my support. :headbanger:

Maybe I am just spoiled. I have been following this cruise since it's birth. I followed every announcement. I attended in 2012 and yes, it was amazing.

Sadly, this probably being my last year (for financial reasons), has been such a let down. U was SO excited for the Carcass announcement, and the promises of more big surprises in the near future. In previous years, despite the gaps in announcements, there has been consistancy. I have faith, but there is cause for alarm.

Like I said earlier, people who shell out THOUSANDS have every right to be upset with the handling of this year's cruise.

Sadly, this cruise has been such a success, I am sure Andy's ego is huge, knowing he can do whatever he wants, and we will still book every year.

Here's an idea. We ALL stop posting about worrying and paranoia and "bitching". Nothing at all on the bridge and see what happens.

Just a superstitious thought.:boobs:

Sorry, I just wanted to see this avatar in a post.
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:19 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:Its not getting cancelled, I personally believe that he's holding back the announcements out of spite.

If he's doing that, then he's a bigger ass than I thought. By doing that, he's screwing the booked bands out of media sales. I'm sure I'm not alone in that when an unfamiliar band is announced, I'll buy a couple of CDs and downloads. If they're all going to be announced later rather than sooner, it's going to be too late to make the purchases since there won't be time to listen to all of the new music.
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:33 pm

meshuggah wrote:
    DJ Old Man Stares wrote:Its not getting cancelled, I personally believe that he's holding back the announcements out of spite.

If he's doing that, then he's a bigger ass than I thought. By doing that, he's screwing the booked bands out of media sales. I'm sure I'm not alone in that when an unfamiliar band is announced, I'll buy a couple of CDs and downloads. If they're all going to be announced later rather than sooner, it's going to be too late to make the purchases since there won't be time to listen to all of the new music.

Another great point. I definately fall into that category.
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
Post Reply 67 posts