Post Reply 4097 posts
THE OFFICIAL 70000TONS OF METAL 2011 MEGA THREAD
  • sar01061969
    Petty Officer

Re: 39 OUT OF 40 AND COUNTING...

by sar01061969 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:01 pm

Opening smaller bands Blackguard, Cripper, Witchburner, etc... will be given 30 minutes, middle bands roughly 45 minutes and big bands like Testament will be given 60-75 minutes there are 3 stages and the bands will be playing all night, that is what i was told when i paid via phone! With them playing 2 sets i believe there will be about roughly 1 hr of other music for the 2 shows. I am a huge Testament fan hanging out with them in 1989 the first 2 albums are the classic albums. I really don think youll hear much of Low, Demonic or The Gathering stuff so... besides ive heard they been doing this overseas lately. In October i saw Slayer and they did the whole Seasons of the Abyss album not my favorite but in spite of it all they put on an incredible show only doing around 7 other songs!!!
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:29 pm

sar01061969 wrote:Opening smaller bands Blackguard, Cripper, Witchburner, etc... will be given 30 minutes, middle bands roughly 45 minutes and big bands like Testament will be given 60-75 minutes there are 3 stages and the bands will be playing all night, that is what i was told when i paid via phone!

:headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:

Very awesome to know. I think I only want the final band to be announced just so we can get closer to seeing a running order. Totally making Excel sheets so I can figure out how to divide my time.
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:52 pm

Ecliptica wrote: Totally making Excel sheets so I can figure out how to divide my time.

That's so UN metal. Frankly I can't think of anything LESS metal than an EXCEL sheet. Heck even my "Crocs" up the horns over that :lol:

If you are going to make an excel sheet, you might as well just go ALL THE WAY and print it onto a shirt, so you don't have to bother carrying anything around with you.

:mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:00 pm

KevinP wrote:
    That's so UN metal. Frankly I can't think of anything LESS metal than an EXCEL sheet. Heck even my "Crocs" up the horns over that :lol:

If you are going to make an excel sheet, you might as well just go ALL THE WAY and print it onto a shirt, so you don't have to bother carrying anything around with you.

there you go .... everyone get's a shirt with a running order on it and a permanent marker to circle their band preference , so anyone hoping to meet at some time on the ship knows the best time to meet without saying a word....... you: i see you're going to testament at 7pm .... me too cool, see ya there. :cheers: :party:
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:03 pm

And t-shirts will prevent all the annoying "who are you going to see", "when are you going to see them" questions that will get old real fast before the 1st day ends.

"Just look at the shirt bitches!!!!!!"

:shred: :shred: :shred:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:11 pm

could you imagine how bad that t-shirt would smell by the end of the trip (if someone would choose to wear it that long) ewwwwwwwwwwwwww :lol:
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:56 pm

I still crack up at the total clueless and probably jealous RETARDS that comment in the Blabbermouth plugs. For the last update, there were the usual *yawns* , sausage fest "what a stupid idea, metal and a cruise ship". Its amazing how many of them think that dudes will out number chicks 1 to 10. And besides, who cares? I am not going on the cruise to get my rocks off.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
  • Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:05 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:I still crack up at the total clueless and probably jealous RETARDS that comment in the Blabbermouth plugs. For the last update, there were the usual *yawns* , sausage fest "what a stupid idea, metal and a cruise ship". Its amazing how many of them think that dudes will out number chicks 1 to 10. And besides, who cares? I am not going on the cruise to get my rocks off.

+1 :cheers: just means more cruise for us
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:16 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:I still crack up at the total clueless and probably jealous RETARDS that comment in the Blabbermouth plugs. For the last update, there were the usual *yawns* , sausage fest "what a stupid idea, metal and a cruise ship". Its amazing how many of them think that dudes will out number chicks 1 to 10. And besides, who cares? I am not going on the cruise to get my rocks off.

Wait till the reviews /photos and vids start getting posted, then those nay-sayers can all eat shit.
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:02 pm

Yeah maybe there will be a stripper on board and they can give do a pole dance and that will show those nay sayers! :lol:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:19 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:Yeah maybe there will be a stripper on board and they can give do a pole dance and that will show those nay sayers! :lol:

I think her name is Deb :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:24 pm

Yeah I've been reading those posts as well. It's totally just jealousy. Even if this was to be a massive sausage fest (which it isn't) who cares? It's a once in a lifetime opportunity and I'm going to have an absolute blast.
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:54 pm

I don't have any problems with 'sausage fest'.
    I made the Devil do it.
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:23 am

Ding ding ding!
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:26 am

KevinP wrote:
    Ecliptica wrote: Totally making Excel sheets so I can figure out how to divide my time.

Crocs is a big no-go :P and btw, just because something is un-metal, it doesn't make it any less good ;)
    the t-shirt idea would be fun :D
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:15 pm

last_candle wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

Crocs is a big no-go :P and btw, just because something is un-metal, it doesn't make it any less good ;)
    the t-shirt idea would be fun :D

i was going to make an Excel sheet too - and i like the idea of putting it on the shirt. i'm also years past thinking in terms of whether things have to be metal to be cool....pffft.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:59 pm

Evil Red wrote:I don't have any problems with 'sausage fest'.

Agreed! :heavydrink:

;)
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:18 pm

More a fan of the "clam bake" myself :mrgreen:
  • ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:35 pm

If any of us of any gender had much problem with the "sausage fest" factor we would have left the metal scene a long time ago! I've never had any complaints about being outnumbered myself, either. :beerwink:

One of you spread-sheet loving statistics-capable folks can do the math, but the fact that three females have commented on this particular topic in the last 24 hours has gotta reflect something.... Something about how the number of people concerned about sausage-fest-ness is directly proportional to the desire to be part of it multiplied by ZERO, which represents the lack of a booking!
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:52 pm

Evil Red wrote:I don't have any problems with 'sausage fest'.

Me neither! I went to my first one a few months ago in Everett!!!

We are in 2011, worried about hairy sweaty muscular dudes brushing up against you and getting "freaked out" over it is so 80's and 90's.....

Just have a good time, that is my motto. Whatever floats your boat (no pun intended)
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:55 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:I honestly believe the "sausage-fest" theory is why my friend did not book... even after I convinced him that's not true. And even though he listens to a lot of metal, I don't think he would be coming for any reason other than to get laid by numerous women at all times of the day and to drink his face off. :?
    While it would be nice, that's not why I'm going. I'll be enjoying some metal onbroad and feasting in luxury.
    :viking:

i have some friends who are blatant homophobic metalheads. They would have strokes if they went to Wacken or Party San. Because I have seen guys hold hands, kiss, and more. No one really cares what goes on as long as there is METAL. :lol:

I saw Martin of Pungent Stench/Hollenthon kiss the hairy ass of the bass player for Gorerotted (UK) backstage at Party San, the dude turned around and martin flipped the kilt up and kissed his ass. A friend of mine almost got thrown out of the festival, he was drunk and VERY homophobic, he was ripping down posters off the tent and trying to pick fights with people and yelling homophopic words at the top of his lungs. I was so embarassed. I was thinking "Jeez he is pretty close minded and has serious mental issues"
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:57 pm

I think it's been well established that none of us care what the man/woman ratio is for this cruise. It's the people that aren't going that are complaining about it, and really, we don't need them on broad anyway! I wouldn't care if it was 2000 of us sweaty hairy smelly (okay, not smelly) dudes because this is the chance of a lifetime to see so many great bands on a boat with only 2000 other people. It's actually going to be really cool because these shows will end up being pretty intimate with the bands. Much better than trying to get through 75,000 at Wacken.

Any female on the boat is just a little extra icing on the cake! :viking:
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:09 pm

I think there's something inherently queer about guys that keep commenting about this being a sausage fest and not going because of it. Chances are, they can't get laid anyway and probably just can't afford it. With that in mind, it strikes me as jealousy on their parts. So let the haters hate, and while WE enjoy ourselves on the boat, they can sit at home and drink a big 'ol glass of Shut The Fuck Up! :lol:
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:27 pm

All this sausage talk is bringing back fond childhood memories of my Grandpa stuffing his own sausage on Sunday. He would make both sweet and hot ones. As a young 'un I always chose the sweet, since my palette was unrefined at the time.

Being married now and with a kid, I have to get intimate with my own sausage alot these days.

So any way to wanna dissect it, SAUSAGE IS GOOD!!!!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:28 pm

KevinP wrote:All this sausage talk is bringing back fond childhood memories of my Grandpa stuffing his own sausage on Sunday. He would make both sweet and hot ones. As a young 'un I always chose the sweet, since my palette was unrefined at the time.

Being married now and with a kid, I have to get intimate with my own sausage alot these days.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:36 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    KevinP wrote:All this sausage talk is bringing back fond childhood memories of my Grandpa stuffing his own sausage on Sunday. He would make both sweet and hot ones. As a young 'un I always chose the sweet, since my palette was unrefined at the time.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

LOLOL! i agree. i love sausage. i want some recipes actually now that i have my own meat grinder.
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:00 pm

Yeah, I'd have to imagine anyone on other forums whining about how shitty the cruise is going to be is probably coping with jealousy issues. I'm going to have my arm around someone yelling out lyrics for bard's song, I don't care what gender they are.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:04 pm

alex_canada wrote:Yeah, I'd have to imagine anyone on other forums whining about how shitty the cruise is going to be is probably coping with jealousy issues. I'm going to have my arm around someone yelling out lyrics for bard's song, I don't care what gender they are.

jealous for sure. we don't need any HATERS on this ship!!!
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:06 pm

rhiawiz wrote:
    alex_canada wrote:Yeah, I'd have to imagine anyone on other forums whining about how shitty the cruise is going to be is probably coping with jealousy issues. I'm going to have my arm around someone yelling out lyrics for bard's song, I don't care what gender they are.

cat haters?
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:08 pm

Disaster Area wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:

cat haters?

i don't care who hates cats, cuz i love my cat enough for all of 'em!
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:20 pm

rhiawiz wrote: i have my own meat grinder.

Did you get braces recently :? :? :?
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    asmegin
    Midshipman

by asmegin » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:55 pm

I've been out of touch recently, what did i miss?
    Cabin # 6072
    My band: www.myspace.com/colorofaum
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:02 pm

asmegin wrote:I've been out of touch recently, what did i miss?

well, Rob made light of your hair once, other than that it's been slow. Still stuck at 39.

Oh and we made fun of Deb a little (but that's by default)
    :cheers:

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:23 pm

KevinP wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote: i have my own meat grinder.

Did you get braces recently :? :? :?

:lol: :lol:
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:06 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:3,000th reply to this thread. Totally meaningless post. :P

3001, even more meaningless...

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    asmegin
    Midshipman

by asmegin » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:18 pm

Disaster Area wrote:
    asmegin wrote:I've been out of touch recently, what did i miss?

well, Rob made light of your hair once, other than that it's been slow. Still stuck at 39.

:cheers:

link?
    Cabin # 6072
    My band: www.myspace.com/colorofaum
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:30 pm

Disaster Area wrote:

3003. :ugeek:
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:54 am

viathyn wrote:
    Disaster Area wrote:

3003. :ugeek:

3004 - for a change, this one's very important...or maybe not...
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:28 am

Swashbuckle From Facebook wrote:Ahoy dorks. Since we're partaking in the 70,000 tons of Metal, we in the 'buckle thought it would be nifty if you picked our setlist for the two shows.
    Go ahead and list what songs you'd wanna hear, and we'll take it into consideration and probably completely ignore your suggestions!

AND GO!

Is this legit? They are letting the fans choose their setlist? That would be wicked if they did, are there any other bands doing this?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:30 am

I don't dislike Swashbuckle, but 95% of their material ins interchangeable, so seems like a "moot" point :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
Post Reply 4097 posts