Post Reply 4097 posts
THE OFFICIAL 70000TONS OF METAL 2011 MEGA THREAD
  • Metalwrath

Re: 16 OUT OF 40 AND COUNTING...

by Metalwrath » Fri May 07, 2010 2:00 pm

vooWave wrote:Weeelllllllll.... you guys can sit outside and have some beers or something when 3 Inches is playing :P

Agreed.I'll be getting wasted somewhere random on the ship if someone like them get booked.
    I ahev already decided which of the bands confirmed i will spend gettting wasted for instead of near the stage and if the current booking pattern continues i'm gonna be spending a lot of the time somewhere else on the ship :lol:
    grimmy82
    Petty Officer

by grimmy82 » Fri May 07, 2010 2:28 pm

I predict I will be drinking a LOT of Jack on this epic trip no matter who is playing! :lol:
    Manowar wrote:Come here! REMOOOOOOOOOOVE YOUR GARMENTS!

DragonLordJones wrote:judge no 2

oh by the way I'm partially blind so I hope they come in braille :cheers: :lol:
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri May 07, 2010 2:37 pm

grimmy82 wrote:I predict I will be drinking a LOT of Jack on this epic trip no matter who is playing! :lol:

Then you six pack will vanish in a hurry . :P :P :P
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    grimmy82
    Petty Officer

by grimmy82 » Fri May 07, 2010 2:40 pm

KevinP wrote:
    grimmy82 wrote:I predict I will be drinking a LOT of Jack on this epic trip no matter who is playing! :lol:

Then you six pack will vanish in a hurry . :P :P :P

I'll do situps in the mornings before I start drinking again. :lol:

Chopper
    Petty Officer

by Chopper » Sat May 08, 2010 1:33 am

I think the next will be Forbidden, Exodus or Possessed. A headliner would be nice.

Please no hair metal, or glam. They can go on a classic rock cruise. This in my opinion does not belong here like mallcore, nu metal.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat May 08, 2010 9:06 am

Chopper wrote:Please no hair metal, or glam. They can go on a classic rock cruise. This in my opinion does not belong here like mallcore, nu metal.

C'mon now... just one for variety? I'm sure it won't turn ya into a pop worshiper or anything. So long as you stay at the back, or in the bar, you're not likely to get any hairspray or glitter on ya :lol:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat May 08, 2010 11:16 am

Let's hope Mr. Billy is just talking about the "typical" touring and not special events on cruise ships:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=139746
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Sun May 09, 2010 3:30 pm

Well considering they'll be playing two sets on the ship, I can imagine they might have something special in mind. Perhaps one set could be classic songs and the other more recent ones. Or better yet, just do a complete mix of both and each set have completely different songs. That I think would be best of all :headbanger:
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Sun May 09, 2010 3:50 pm

By the way, aren't we due for another band to be named? Number 17, come on down!
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun May 09, 2010 8:17 pm

Captain Metal wrote:Well considering they'll be playing two sets on the ship, I can imagine they might have something special in mind. Perhaps one set could be classic songs and the other more recent ones.

Funny, I posted almost the exact same idea on their myspace blog! Great minds brothah!!!

Captain Metal wrote:By the way, aren't we due for another band to be named? Number 17, come on down!

Hopin' for somethin' massive tomorrow morning. Feels like metal xmas eve :headbanger:

Sinister Realm
    Petty Officer

by Sinister Realm » Mon May 10, 2010 2:21 am

It will be interesting to see how some of the bands handle the unique situation of playing two sets to the same crowd. Saxon for instance is playing a different entire album for each set, I wonder what other bands will do. Playing the exact same set twice seems to not be the best idea as the crowd will be exactly the same.
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Mon May 10, 2010 8:45 am

Sinister Realm wrote:It will be interesting to see how some of the bands handle the unique situation of playing two sets to the same crowd. Saxon for instance is playing a different entire album for each set, I wonder what other bands will do. Playing the exact same set twice seems to not be the best idea as the crowd will be exactly the same.

I really hope some of the bands practice up vastly different sets..

I won't be holding my breath for that though.. unfortunately, it seems many bands prefer to stay in the 'comfort zone' when it comes to setlists.
    The only thing we can do is wait and hope (and maybe fire them a few emails haha)
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Mon May 10, 2010 9:18 am

Oh man I'm just itching in my space boots for an update!!

Please check out my band

TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon May 10, 2010 7:10 pm

Captain Metal wrote:By the way, aren't we due for another band to be named? Number 17, come on down!

Forbidden finally!

:shred:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
  • KevinP
    Commander

Re: 17 OUT OF 40 AND COUNTING...

by KevinP » Mon May 10, 2010 7:13 pm

Kinda anti climatic since we knew they were already booked months ago. At least we know the remaining 23 should be a surprise.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Mon May 10, 2010 7:34 pm

I echo that sentiment of them FINALLY confirming Forbidden. And considering the way they worded it, are we really gonna have to wait another two weeks for Exodus (number 18) to be named? A week, tops.

Then, we can move on to number 19
    Chopper
    Petty Officer

by Chopper » Mon May 10, 2010 7:43 pm

Yea, their not leaving the Bay Area yet, it will be Exodus or Possessed.
    wait till they dock in Norway... they may be docked there along time.
  • VikingGirl
    Crewman

by VikingGirl » Mon May 10, 2010 11:14 pm

Chopper wrote:wait till they dock in Norway... they may be docked there along time.

:viking: I can think of a couple of Norwegian bands ;) Funny traveling all the way to Florida to see them tho, when they have shows here all the time.

Any favorites?
    Eva

Cabin #1570
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue May 11, 2010 3:50 am

Captain Metal wrote:I echo that sentiment of them FINALLY confirming Forbidden. And considering the way they worded it, are we really gonna have to wait another two weeks for Exodus (number 18) to be named? A week, tops.

What about the wording gies you that impression?

And I feel like a broken record on this subject, but I can't imagine the old material sounding good with Dukes on vocals. The new material is hard to listen to with him on it, I can't picture him doing Toxic Waltz at all.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Tue May 11, 2010 5:24 am

"Are we going to let any more bands from the San Francisco Bay Area on board? When are we putting to sea again? Where do we sail to next? Many questions that will be answered soon, but for now we are FORBIDDEN to leave! 70000TONS OF METAL, The World's Biggest Floating Heavy Metal Festival is really thrashing it up here in the Bay Area. 17 out of 40 and counting... "

I'd say it's pretty obvious that they're not done naming Bay Area bands just yet, of which Exodus seems a no-brainer. Aside from that, I saw one or two people commenting on the Facebook page that claim to know those guys saying that say they're playing the cruise. You can take it with a grain of salt if you like, but I'm fairly certain this is how it'll unfold next. I have no problem with Rob's delivery of the songs, so it's all good to me. I think the new album is pretty fuckin' tasty to be honest, and much more so then Exhibit A, at least to my ears :headbanger:

When the time comes, there will probably be some clever pun about making their EXODUS out to sea again or some such thing
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue May 11, 2010 8:46 am

Captain Metal wrote:"Are we going to let any more bands from the San Francisco Bay Area on board? When are we putting to sea again? Where do we sail to next? Many questions that will be answered soon, but for now we are FORBIDDEN to leave! 70000TONS OF METAL, The World's Biggest Floating Heavy Metal Festival is really thrashing it up here in the Bay Area. 17 out of 40 and counting... "

I'd say it's pretty obvious that they're not done naming Bay Area bands just yet, of which Exodus seems a no-brainer. Aside from that, I saw one or two people commenting on the Facebook page that claim to know those guys saying that say they're playing the cruise. You can take it with a grain of salt if you like, but I'm fairly certain this is how it'll unfold next. I have no problem with Rob's delivery of the songs, so it's all good to me. I think the new album is pretty fuckin' tasty to be honest, and much more so then Exhibit A, at least to my ears :headbanger:

When the time comes, there will probably be some clever pun about making their EXODUS out to sea again or some such thing

I concur...
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    vainglory
    Petty Officer

by vainglory » Tue May 11, 2010 10:07 am

KevinP wrote:
    Captain Metal wrote:I echo that sentiment of them FINALLY confirming Forbidden. And considering the way they worded it, are we really gonna have to wait another two weeks for Exodus (number 18) to be named? A week, tops.

And I feel like a broken record on this subject, but I can't imagine the old material sounding good with Dukes on vocals. The new material is hard to listen to with him on it, I can't picture him doing Toxic Waltz at all.

PREPARE YOURSELF. You will love it. Promise.
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue May 11, 2010 11:31 am

vainglory wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

Interesting, I guess I can try to find some live stuff on youtube with him singing. Out of all the bands who have changed vocalists, Exodus sounds the most drastic to me. Yeah I'm bummed over Messiah/Candlemass or Fleming/Artillery, but their replacements are somewhat reminiscent of them. Dukes is the complete opposite of Souza. I guess I'm just a hopeless romantic when it comes to original vocalists (or the ones I'm most used to). :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    vainglory
    Petty Officer

by vainglory » Tue May 11, 2010 11:39 am

Interesting, I guess I can try to find some live stuff on youtube with him singing. Out of all the bands who have changed vocalists, Exodus sounds the most drastic to me. Yeah I'm bummed over Messiah/Candlemass or Fleming/Artillery, but their replacements are somewhat reminiscent of them. Dukes is the complete opposite of Souza. I guess I'm just a hopeless romantic when it comes to original vocalists (or the ones I'm most used to).

EXODUS has actually re-recorded Bonded by Blood with Dukes on vocals. Its called "Let there be blood"
    And he KILLS it live. KILLS IT.

ETA: Toxic Waltz obviously not on this album. (Bonded by Blood being of course one of the most important metal albums of all time)
    Last edited by vainglory on Tue May 11, 2010 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Tue May 11, 2010 11:40 am

KevinP wrote:
    Interesting, I guess I can try to find some live stuff on youtube with him singing. Out of all the bands who have changed vocalists, Exodus sounds the most drastic to me. Yeah I'm bummed over Messiah/Candlemass or Fleming/Artillery, but their replacements are somewhat reminiscent of them. Dukes is the complete opposite of Souza. I guess I'm just a hopeless romantic when it comes to original vocalists (or the ones I'm most used to). :lol: :lol: :lol:

Toxic Waltz w/ Dukes after the interview.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rlHdrqrM64
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue May 11, 2010 12:04 pm

vainglory wrote: (Bonded by Blood being of course one of the most important metal albums of all time)

With one of the worst album covers too! :P

Please check out my band

• KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue May 11, 2010 5:05 pm

vainglory wrote:Interesting, I guess I can try to find some live stuff on youtube with him singing. Out of all the bands who have changed vocalists, Exodus sounds the most drastic to me. Yeah I'm bummed over Messiah/Candlemass or Fleming/Artillery, but their replacements are somewhat reminiscent of them. Dukes is the complete opposite of Souza. I guess I'm just a hopeless romantic when it comes to original vocalists (or the ones I'm most used to).

EXODUS has actually re-recorded Bonded by Blood with Dukes on vocals. Its called "Let there be blood"

ETA: Toxic Waltz obviously not on this album. (Bonded by Blood being of course one of the most important metal albums of all time)

Your almond milk suggestion gives you infinite credibility with me, so I have no other choice but to believe you. I never did bother with listening to the redo album as I generally don't like when bands do it, so maybe I'll get around to it one of these days.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    vainglory
    Petty Officer

by vainglory » Tue May 11, 2010 5:48 pm

KevinP wrote:
    vainglory wrote:Interesting, I guess I can try to find some live stuff on youtube with him singing. Out of all the bands who have changed vocalists, Exodus sounds the most drastic to me. Yeah I'm bummed over Messiah/Candlemass or Fleming/Artillery, but their replacements are somewhat reminiscent of them. Dukes is the complete opposite of Souza. I guess I'm just a hopeless romantic when it comes to original vocalists (or the ones I'm most used to).

Your almond milk suggestion gives you infinite credibility with me, so I have no other choice but to believe you. I never did bother with listening to the redo album as I generally don't like when bands do it, so maybe I'll get around to it one of these days.

:)
    Well think of it as "remastered" then... because its a whole new recording era from when it was originally done.
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue May 11, 2010 9:57 pm

Disaster Area wrote:Toxic Waltz w/ Dukes after the interview.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rlHdrqrM64

Thanks. Not a total disaster I suppose. :D
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    grimmy82
    Petty Officer

by grimmy82 » Wed May 12, 2010 1:00 pm

vainglory wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

I concur. He was great when I saw him at Tidal Wave!!!!

Witch Bear
    Petty Officer

by Witch Bear » Fri May 14, 2010 4:59 pm

Me am like Dukes, him screaming sound like hunter me had to maul last week. Him be delicious :twisted:
    Deck 666
    Chopper
    Petty Officer

by Chopper » Sat May 15, 2010 10:56 am

Give me a Birthday present and release a Headliner or just another band please.
  • Deificus254
    Oiler

by Deificus254 » Sat May 15, 2010 12:47 pm

I dig the new album a lot. However, I think I would perfer them to announce someone else. Nevertheless, Exodus will be a greatly welcomed addition for the thrash realm, as would Heathen.
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Sat May 15, 2010 7:41 pm

Bring Armored Saint, Exodus, and Nevermore before leaving the west coast! And announce more than one band at a time....
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
  • Deificus254
    Oiler

by Deificus254 » Sun May 16, 2010 10:30 am

onenight wrote:Bring Armored Saint, Exodus, and Nevermore before leaving the west coast! And announce more than one band at a time....

I would love for them to add Nevermore. Don't care much for Armored Saint and they will be adding Exodus. However, I believe Exodus is the only band they will add.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun May 16, 2010 1:02 pm

Saw Exodus recently and have never seen Armored Saint so my preference there should be obvious. Not the same without the brilliance of Pritchard of course but still, I'd like to scratch another favourite off my list of those I never got to see perform live.

BlackToothGrin
    Crewman

by BlackToothGrin » Mon May 17, 2010 4:27 pm

Haven't seen Armored Saint Live either wouldn't really know what to expect actually..
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon May 17, 2010 4:29 pm

It would be nice to see HEATHEN added from the west coast toooo!!!!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon May 17, 2010 8:12 pm

BlackToothGrin wrote:Haven't seen Armored Saint Live either wouldn't really know what to expect actually..

They were pretty good when I saw them in 2000 with Dio/Lynch Mob
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Tue May 18, 2010 8:42 am

TODAY would be such a GREAT and auspicious day to:

ANNOUNCE ANOTHER BAND!!!!!!!!!
    :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:
    :cheers: :heavydrink: :party:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
  • Post Reply 4097 posts