Post Reply 347 posts
The Virtual Riot Thread Returns!
    Alex Fields
    Chief Petty Officer

HOW MANY MORE DAYS WITHOUT ANNOUNCEMETS?!!!

by Alex Fields » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:31 am

Is this the longest time in the two years without announcements?? did somebody have the statistic .. maybe cowboy71?
    Well basically this is a bitching topic about the absence and non-existence of announcements since much more than a complete month!

So I solemnly invite you to do it with pride and honor, but without measure... yeah, I'm talking about bitching:

:bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:
    Cheers!

Cab: 3500 G

Wishlist: Allen-Lande, Apocalyptica, Avantasia, Children Of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, Edguy, , Epica, Kamelot, Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Northern Kings, Mago de Oz, Ozzy, Powerwolf, Tarot, Therion, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Symphony X, Syrens Call, Within Temptation
    KevinP
    Commander

Re: HOW MANY MORE DAYS WITHOUT ANNOUNCEMETS?!!!

by KevinP » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:10 pm

WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:53 pm

KevinP wrote:6.256

I will take your 6.256 and raise you a 14.58 :cry:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:54 pm

vikingbitch wrote:

Go munch some carpet :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:11 pm

KevinP wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:

Go munch some carpet :lol:

Fish flavor or "Kataklysm, Bloodbath, Kreator and Immortal were just announced and the world is covered in sunshine and rainbows" flavor?

I would only put out for the later :mrgreen:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:41 pm

vikingbitch wrote:Kataklysm, Bloodbath, Kreator and Immortal were just announced and the world is covered in sunshine and rainbows

Somehow I feel like these 2 things are mutually exclusive.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Neck-Wrecker
    Petty Officer

by Neck-Wrecker » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:15 pm

I wish we could get an announcement just to stimulate the forums. At this point all we have is our anticipation and a growing sense of bitterness.
    Wishlist: HYPOCRISY, INTESTINE BAALISM, SIGH, MANOWAR, IMMORTAL, EQUILIBRIUM, MUNICIPAL WASTE, ACCEPT, HEATHEN, HOLY GRAIL, MANEGARM, PAGAN REIGN, DISMEMBER

Josh
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:18 pm

Neck-Wrecker wrote:I wish we could get an announcement just to stimulate the forums. At this point all we have is our anticipation and a growing sense of bitterness.

well, we've had a shit ton of new people show up over the last couple weeks... so at lease something is stimulated on the forums
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:21 pm

I've always found the men's thread very stimulating. :wank:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:29 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Neck-Wrecker wrote:I wish we could get an announcement just to stimulate the forums. At this point all we have is our anticipation and a growing sense of bitterness.

well, we've had a shit ton of new people show up over the last couple weeks... so at lease something is stimulated on the forums

I feel like the forum itself has been much more active lately. That makes me happy.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • kaluviva
    Petty Officer

by kaluviva » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:00 pm

We were talking about this with Metalwrath in the Facebook chat the other day. I think the lack of announcements are due to the new cruise UMC are creating for next fall. If you think about it, it's just 10 months away. They probably want to start with it asap. In the process, they have abandoned us!!
    Personally, I think it's too ambitious to create another cruise when the company only has had barely 2 years of experience in the market. Sure, it was successful, but I would wait at least 2 more years to see how steady the business is. Maybe they got excited too fast. Idk... It's just my opinion.

But it's SO SAD to see that the last announcement was OCt. 15!!! WTF!!!! :bitch: It's not a good idea to make metalheads angry, imo. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I want more bands, bitch!!! :bitch:
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:13 pm

kaluviva wrote:We were talking about this with Metalwrath in the Facebook chat the other day. I think the lack of announcements are due to the new cruise UMC are creating for next fall. If you think about it, it's just 10 months away. They probably want to start with it asap. In the process, they have abandoned us!!
    Personally, I think it's too ambitious to create another cruise when the company only has had barely 2 years of experience in the market. Sure, it was successful, but I would wait at least 2 more years to see how steady the business is. Maybe they got excited too fast. Idk... It's just my opinion.

But it's SO SAD to see that the last announcement was OCt. 15!!! WTF!!!! :bitch: It's not a good idea to make metalheads angry, imo. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I want more bands, bitch!!! :bitch:

I would be happy with a...

"The scouting party takes a crap and uses leaves to wipe their butt!" Announcement!
    2011: Cruise Survivor
    2012: Cruise & Forum Survivor

...So was Laura beside the chieftains
    like the bright-growing ash beside the thorn-bush...
    Yelena
    Crewman

by Yelena » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:37 pm

kaluviva wrote:We were talking about this with Metalwrath in the Facebook chat the other day. I think the lack of announcements are due to the new cruise UMC are creating for next fall. If you think about it, it's just 10 months away. They probably want to start with it asap. In the process, they have abandoned us!!

And ours is 2 months away :bitch: which one's more important here?
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:10 pm

Yelena wrote:

And ours is 2 months away :bitch: which one's more important here?

NO KIDDING!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Its psychologically going through a child like "new baby to the family" syndrome when you bring Barge into the picture. We feel neglected. 70K is the neglected older child.

UMC. Attention?? Please?? Pretty pretty please??
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:26 am

My guess is 62 days.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:33 am

2 days.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Tyr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tyr » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:34 am

EvilDan wrote:My guess is 62 days.

from now or in total?
    :viking:
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:35 am

I think this ^^ is pretty accurate.

EDIT: lol, too late :lol:
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:54 am

Tyr wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:My guess is 62 days.

from now or in total?
    :viking:

From now. :evil:
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:56 am

My calculations for this cruise were this:

If we don't get an announcement by Tuesday, we will have our longest no announcement period for 70k 2012 until now. The longest was 38 days, from the first to the second announcement, 18th of April till the 26th of May. 38 days without announcement and counting...

I could be wrong, bit if there will be no announcement, it is the longest time between announcements for this year
    Survivor of:
    2011: Cabin 6526
    2012: Cabin 4051
    2013: Cabin 2525
    2014: Cabin 3015
    2015: Cabin 8687
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:59 am

Digimortal wrote:My calculations for this cruise were this:

If we don't get an announcement by Tuesday, we will have our longest no announcement period for 70k 2012 until now. The longest was 38 days, from the first to the second announcement, 18th of April till the 26th of May. 38 days without announcement and counting...

I could be wrong, bit if there will be no announcement, it is the longest time between announcements for this year

I think this year we've had a 35, a 38 and a 40, last year we had a 40 as well. All of those were followed by double announcements :mrgreen:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:59 am

Correct. But as I said in another thread, I think November 23rd plays an important role in this no announcement business so Thursday is the most likely date for the next announcement. Although people did think the same about October 23rd too...
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:10 am

Ravenlord wrote:

Correct. But as I said in another thread, I think November 23rd plays an important role in this no announcement business so Thursday is the most likely date for the next announcement. Although people did think the same about October 23rd too...

THANKSgiving and/or BLACK Friday seem like perfect days to announce a band... then again we said the same about Halloween as well, so who the fuck knows. Jan 23rd can't get here any faster and no announcements certainly aren't helping to pass the time.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:23 am

Ravenlord wrote: I think November 23rd plays an important role in this no announcement business so Thursday is the most likely date for the next announcement. Although people did think the same about October 23rd too...

January 23rd is also a very important Announcement Day, would be 99 Days without any word of UMC - a new world record.... :deathhorns:
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - yes

www.lalasreisen.de
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:27 am

Lala wrote:
    Ravenlord wrote: I think November 23rd plays an important role in this no announcement business so Thursday is the most likely date for the next announcement. Although people did think the same about October 23rd too...

January 23rd is also a very important Announcement Day, would be 99 Days without any word of UMC - a new world record.... :deathhorns:

Lets not hope for that :P
    Survivor of:
    2011: Cabin 6526
    2012: Cabin 4051
    2013: Cabin 2525
    2014: Cabin 3015
    2015: Cabin 8687
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:32 am

:lol: Very true Lala!
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:58 am

Warphine wrote:
    Ravenlord wrote:

THANKSgiving and/or BLACK Friday seem like perfect days to announce a band... then again we said the same about Halloween as well, so who the fuck knows. Jan 23rd can't get here any faster and no announcements certainly aren't helping to pass the time.

Remember Canada has a different Thanksgiving and the rest of the world could care less about those dates.

viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:02 am

cycosurgeon wrote:
    Remember Canada has a different Thanksgiving and the rest of the world could care less about those dates.

Truth!
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:03 am

Well as many other metal/rock cruises popped up right after 70k you have to assume there are more on the way and UMC wants to strike while the iron is hot and lay claim to a certain month or time of year before others try to do the same.

Or at least that would seem to be their idea :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:14 am

KevinP wrote:Well as many other metal/rock cruises popped up right after 70k you have to assume there are more on the way and UMC wants to strike while the iron is hot and lay claim to a certain month or time of year before others try to do the same.

Fair point.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:05 pm

KevinP wrote:Well as many other metal/rock cruises popped up right after 70k you have to assume there are more on the way and UMC wants to strike while the iron is hot and lay claim to a certain month or time of year before others try to do the same.

That may very well be their idea, but UMC's competition is not just the other music cruises, but all the other metal festivals out there. Sure they bring a unique/exclusive product to the table, but with all the economics behind this kind of thing, I wonder how long they'll be able to keep their boat afloat.
    Egokrusher
    Petty Officer

by Egokrusher » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:01 pm

Bentz! wrote:

That may very well be their idea, but UMC's competition is not just the other music cruises, but all the other metal festivals out there. Sure they bring a unique/exclusive product to the table, but with all the economics behind this kind of thing, I wonder how long they'll be able to keep their boat afloat.

Yeah, our Deathfest fund last May didn't even come close to touching what the cruise is going to cost. Actually, the total cost (food, lodging, travel, etc) was less than just the price for the cabin. If it came down to it, I think I would much rather spend a similar amount of cash next year and go to Deathfest and Rites of Darkness instead of a cruise. If I had the money, I'm sure I would be everywhere all the time, but being that a gallon of milk is 30 minutes of work at minimum wage and rising, things look grim for fest variety for many people.
    "Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist." - Epicurus

Cabin: 5571!
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:22 pm

Yeah I would like to go to Europe for the first time and see a fest. Hammers of Doom or Headbanger Open Air both look good. So far both fests have higher percentage of bands that I would go ape shit for. And I have been pretty disappointed with the number of newer bands ( post 2000 ) represented on the cruise lineup. But I also know the cruises are "once or twice" a lifetime gigs that I could look back on one day and say 'Out of close to 7 billion people on this planet' only 2000 some people could go on these cruises and I was one of them.

• Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:36 pm

Hey Daemon you would really like Headbangers.
    They ahve reasonable beer prices compared to msot metal festivals in Germany.
    There is usually less than 2 thousand people so the place isn't very crowded.
    Every year it's mostly only the bands that change and not the audience.It's a smaller festival and like a big family so it's always the same people going back.
    The ticket price is cheap,
    The situation about the cancelations is because it's such a tighly run festival in terms of budget they generally have to start announcing bands even before the previous edition of the festival to generate the revenue to sort out the contracts and flights especially for all the American bands that play at the festival.
    So a lot can happen in a year for a band and i guess a lot of these true metal bands work full time jobs so sometimes they have to cancel playing etc for their job.
    But i'll be heading there next year anyway and you wana come let me know and i'll help you get there.
    I ahev a feeling Hector wil be back next year too ;)
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:49 pm

cycosurgeon wrote:Yeah I would like to go to Europe for the first time and see a fest. Hammers of Doom or Headbanger Open Air both look good. So far both fests have higher percentage of bands that I would go ape shit for. And I have been pretty disappointed with the number of newer bands ( post 2000 ) represented on the cruise lineup. But I also know the cruises are "once or twice" a lifetime gigs that I could look back on one day and say 'Out of close to 7 billion people on this planet' only 2000 some people could go on these cruises and I was one of them.

Fuck yes - my good buddies Lord are playing Headbangers in 2012, you should totally go! :bangers:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:55 pm

Metalwrath wrote:Hey Daemon you would really like Headbangers.
    Every year it's mostly only the bands that change and not the audience.It's a smaller festival and like a big family so it's always the same people going back.
    The situation about the cancelations is because it's such a tighly run festival in terms of budget they generally have to start announcing bands even before the previous edition of the festival to generate the revenue to sort out the contracts and flights especially for all the American bands that play at the festival.
    So a lot can happen in a year for a band and i guess a lot of these true metal bands work full time jobs so sometimes they have to cancel playing etc for their job.
    But i'll be heading there next year anyway and you wana come let me know and i'll help you get there.

cool. thanks..

I have been watching Headbanger for updates. Since Tankard will be on the cruise and I will see them twice ( and I will see Blacksmith at Ragnarok in Chicago ), the headliners for me are Solemity and Artillery really. In Solitude and Portrait are also on my wishlists but as of now the Hammers of Doom with Skyclad and Holy Marytr is a drool worthy fest and one I have the most interest in seeing. I wish they were closer together so I could do both in one trip. Assuming there are more fests around the time for Headbangers since it's summer time. You think headbanger will have anyone bigger than Tankard?

cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:02 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    cycosurgeon wrote:Yeah I would like to go to Europe for the first time and see a fest. Hammers of Doom or Headbanger Open Air both look good. So far both fests have higher percentage of bands that I would go ape shit for. And I have been pretty disappointed with the number of newer bands ( post 2000 ) represented on the cruise lineup. But I also know the cruises are "once or twice" a lifetime gigs that I could look back on one day and say 'Out of close to 7 billion people on this planet' only 2000 some people could go on these cruises and I was one of them.

Fuck yes - my good buddies Lord are playing Headbangers in 2012, you should totally go! :bangers:

I liked Dungeon ( but not as much as Danny Era, Pegazus *cries* ) back in the day. And i dig the first Ilium album with him. But all the Lord videos or songs I checked out, seem to be too rock and rolly to really grab my interest. I might just have bad luck on which ones I checked out. What are the heaviest songs he did as Lord?

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:18 pm

Lord, like many bands, are a shit-ton heavier live than on CD.

Set In Stone is definitely one of the heavier tracks off their latest album:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=obROiDOj37k

But yeah I guess if you wanted to pigeonhole them, they are more in the 'melodic metal' genre these days.

And of course, their cover of the Kylie track On A Night Like This is piss-funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1i3cBS2kx8
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:24 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    And of course, their cover of the Kylie track On A Night Like This is piss-funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1i3cBS2kx8

WTF!!???

I think one of the comments sums it up the best

"What we have seen cannot be UNSEEN"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think Lord just beat Edguy at their own game.

• Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:29 pm

cycosurgeon wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:Hey Daemon you would really like Headbangers.

cool. thanks..

I have been watching Headbanger for updates. Since Tankard will be on the cruise and I will see them twice ( and I will see Blacksmith at Ragnarok in Chicago ), the headliners for me are Solemity and Artillery really. In Solitude and Portrait are also on my wishlists but as of now the Hammers of Doom with Skyclad and Holy Marytr is a drool worthy fest and one I have the most interest in seeing. I wish they were closer together so I could do both in one trip. Assuming there are more fests around the time for Headbangers since it's summer time. You think headbanger will have anyone bigger than Tankard?

I don't think Tankard would be the the biggest of the bands to the audience that Headangers caters for.infact i won't be surprised if they don't even have one of the headlining spots ;)
Post Reply 347 posts