Post Reply 347 posts
The Virtual Riot Thread Returns!
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

Re: HOW MANY MORE DAYS WITHOUT ANNOUNCEMETS?!!!

by DragonLordJones » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:33 am

cycosurgeon wrote:
    DragonLordJones wrote:Mama said announcements are like farts ... you don't know when it will come or how good it will be :shock: :lol: :twisted:

So how does wet farts equate to your mama's wisdom?

it all depends if you like 'em dry or wet ... either way you never know how good it is until it's over :lol:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:19 pm

gnoff wrote:Relax, announcements will come

SOON...

yeah, i mean they have to! relax and have a beer or whatever!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:51 pm

Charlie Papazian is a wise man!

• cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:03 pm

gnoff wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:
    gnoff wrote:Relax, announcements will come

SOON...

yeah, i mean they have to! relax and have a beer or whatever!

In the words of the wise Frankie goes to hollywood (speeling?)

Relax, don't do it!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyl5DlrsU90

Fixed
    2011: Cruise Survivor
    2012: Cruise & Forum Survivor

...So was Laura beside the chieftains
    like the bright-growing ash beside the thorn-bush...
    Tyr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tyr » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:11 pm

I think they're gonna sneak the remaing bands onboard,
    have them hidden in their cabins and not announce them
    until they are on stage.
    :viking:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:13 pm

Tyr wrote:I think they're gonna sneak the remaing bands onboard,
    have them hidden in their cabins and not announce them
    until they are on stage.
    :viking:

HAHAHAHAH! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Neck-Wrecker
    Petty Officer

by Neck-Wrecker » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:46 pm

WizardBeast wrote:i honestly they think it's hilarious that people get this worked up. relax, we'll have bands....

People get bent out of shape over McNuggets, which I think cost like 2 bucks.

The lack of announcements sucks, but the lack of ALL news is off-putting to say the least. Now rumors of a cancellation from a band....if we hear about a cancellation before we hear about an announcement that would be just cruel

This is my viginal cruise so I can't draw upon last years expereince to quell my anxiety. Yep, I've heard that last years was amazing/outstanding/perfect/the most metal expereience ever.....which is why I booked :)

So like most everyone, my expectations are super high. Getting news on a semi-regular basis would help re-moisten our collective vagina that is presently filling with jagged crystaline quartzy sand of the most razorlike variety
    Wishlist: HYPOCRISY, INTESTINE BAALISM, SIGH, MANOWAR, IMMORTAL, EQUILIBRIUM, MUNICIPAL WASTE, ACCEPT, HEATHEN, HOLY GRAIL, MANEGARM, PAGAN REIGN, DISMEMBER

Josh
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:55 pm

Neck-Wrecker wrote:Now rumors of a cancellation from a band....if we hear about a cancellation before we hear about an announcement that would be just cruel

Keep in mind that that is just a rumor. Could it be true? Maybe. Could also be false. There have been many "positive" rumors that haven't come true as well. Don't trust too much until you actually get the official word on it. If it is true, yes, it would suck and hopefully something will immediately be put into place to equal whoever leaves, but no use fretting too much over it without knowing any details.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:13 pm

Neck-Wrecker wrote: jagged crystaline quartzy sand of the most razorlike variety

I hate to pull out my geology nerd card here, but generally a sand or sandstone that is composed highly of quartz material would be produced in an upper shoreface/beach or aeolian environment, which are high energy environments, and the sediment itself undergoes a large amount of transport distance and time, being reworked and eroded constantly, which generally means that then sand itself features a limited amount of framework grains and ends up being rather uniform and rounded, yielding a 'softer' feeling sand as a result.
    /nerd

But, you're right, no matter how well-sorted and well-worked that sand is, it still feels terrible in a vagina.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:16 pm

viathyn wrote:
    Neck-Wrecker wrote: jagged crystaline quartzy sand of the most razorlike variety

I hate to pull out my geology nerd card here, but generally a sand or sandstone that is composed highly of quartz material would be produced in an upper shoreface/beach or aeolian environment, which are high energy environments, and the sediment itself undergoes a large amount of transport distance and time, being reworked and eroded constantly, which generally means that then sand itself features a limited amount of framework grains and ends up being rather uniform and rounded, yielding a 'softer' feeling sand as a result.
    /nerd

eh?
    13 time survivor
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:29 pm

viathyn wrote:

/nerd

But, you're right, no matter how well-sorted and well-worked that sand is, it still feels terrible in a vagina.

I should get around to updating my signature
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:23 pm

viathyn wrote:

/nerd

:ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Neck-Wrecker
    Petty Officer

by Neck-Wrecker » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:27 pm

viathyn wrote:

/nerd

Best post I have ever read on here!!!

:3drunks:

I LOVED geology in college. I took it just for a filler course and wound up becomign totally engrossed in it. Almost changed my major, but fear kept me from doing so.

Anyway, great info here!
    Wishlist: HYPOCRISY, INTESTINE BAALISM, SIGH, MANOWAR, IMMORTAL, EQUILIBRIUM, MUNICIPAL WASTE, ACCEPT, HEATHEN, HOLY GRAIL, MANEGARM, PAGAN REIGN, DISMEMBER

Josh
  • Keuf
    Petty Officer

by Keuf » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:19 am

One more
  • SatansWrath
    Chief Petty Officer

by SatansWrath » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:56 am

This starts to look really bad, maybe they have all died ? Well at least Metalcamp and Wacken annonce bands so I can allways visit those sites when I wanna see an annoncement =)
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Pissed of whishlist for the cruises:
    Turisas, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Dalriada, Arch Enemy, Abinchova, Northland, Sear Bliss, Watain, Slayer, Raubtier, Fear Factory, Rammstein, Running Wild
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:30 am

13 time survivor
    Rab
    Chief Petty Officer

by Rab » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:40 am

stoverkill wrote:Image

i love this
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:00 am

stoverkill wrote:Image

:lol: Brilliant!

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:39 am

Neck-Wrecker wrote:Best post I have ever read on here!!!

I LOVED geology in college. I took it just for a filler course and wound up becomign totally engrossed in it. Almost changed my major, but fear kept me from doing so.

Anyway, great info here!

:ugeek: :mrgreen:
    Glad you liked it, haha.

As for Geology, It's cool you took an interest in it. I ended up getting my geology degree just back in '10 and now I work as a full-time exploration geologist for a south american oil company. It's a really cool job! I think the natural world and geologic processes are fascinating.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:42 am

viathyn wrote:
    Neck-Wrecker wrote:Best post I have ever read on here!!!

Anyway, great info here!

:ugeek: :mrgreen:
    Glad you liked it, haha.

As for Geology, It's cool you took an interest in it. I ended up getting my geology degree just back in '10 and now I work as a full-time exploration geologist for a south american oil company. It's a really cool job! I think the natural world and geologic processes are fascinating.

Is your company hiring GIS techs? I'm tired of my job.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Stained Class wrote:Is your company hiring GIS techs? I'm tired of my job.

Are you a geographer? I have my master's in Geographic Information Science...i dont' use that stuff at my job though.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:57 am

WizardBeast wrote:

Are you a geographer? I have my master's in Geographic Information Science...i dont' use that stuff at my job though.

No I got a diploma in geomatics mapping and then an applied degree (geographic information systems). Right now I just manage Calgary's GIS database of traffic signs.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:31 am

Stained Class wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:

No I got a diploma in geomatics mapping and then an applied degree (geographic information systems). Right now I just manage Calgary's GIS database of traffic signs.

i can see that being boring. i managed maintenance maps of the park system in cleveland for a while, and also maps of flight patterns for aerial photographing flights, then some maps i can't talk about due to security reasons.

i'm out of the map biz these days. we actually MAKE the satellites that provide the imagery i used to work with (world view II)
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:35 am

WizardBeast wrote:i can see that being boring. i managed maintenance maps of the park system in cleveland for a while, and also maps of flight patterns for aerial photographing flights, then some maps i can't talk about due to security reasons.

i'm out of the map biz these days. we actually MAKE the satellites that provide the imagery i used to work with (world view II)

That would be way more interesting I think! I might need to upgrade my education to get a job like that though :oops:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:47 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:i can see that being boring. i managed maintenance maps of the park system in cleveland for a while, and also maps of flight patterns for aerial photographing flights, then some maps i can't talk about due to security reasons.

That would be way more interesting I think! I might need to upgrade my education to get a job like that though :oops:

yeah, the master's degree is not required but certainly an advantage in aerospace, at least in my experience.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:01 am

Almost 3 weeks until we sail away and still 8 bands left to announce. WTH UMC?

GIVE US A BAND OR THREE ON THIS NEW YEARS EVE !!
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:52 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:Almost 3 weeks until we sail away and still 8 bands left to announce. WTH UMC?

Clearly, you have the Power of Command!

Well done!

Do again now k?
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:10 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:Almost 3 weeks until we sail away and still 8 bands left to announce. WTH UMC?

Ask and you shall receive!
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:59 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:

Clearly, you have the Power of Command!

Well done!

Do again now k?

That was so weird. I had this odd feeling come over me when I was in the forums and stuff and posted that and VOILA! :)

?Hmmmmmm

Ok UMC, Please get Accept and Maiden on Broad. Thanks.

LOL :party:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
  • kong humble
    Wiper

dear andy

by kong humble » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:35 am

so I write it in German.

hallo Andy,

komm endlich in Wallung und füll das line up auf!!!
    die hiesigen Festivals sind schon voll mit geilen band´s!!!
    hast du den ganzen sommer verschlafen und nicht bemerkt das der ablegezeitpunkt immer näher kommt??? ich möchte nich nur Bier trinken auf dem kahn sondern auch noch ein paar gute bands sehen und hören, weil Bier trinken kann ich auch zu hause vorallem ist das um einiges billiger.
    also streng dich an.

grüsse aus home of Mercedes Stuttgart/Germany
    Stained Class
    Commander

Re: dear andy

by Stained Class » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:36 am

Here's what google translate came up with

Hi Andy,

come finally to boil and fill the line up on!
    the festivals here are already full of horny tied's!
    have you missed the whole summer and not notice the time of depositing point is coming closer? I want nich only drink beer on the barge but also see a few good bands and hear, because I can drink beer at home also manly is a lot cheaper.
    So you strictly follow.

greetings from home of Mercedes Stuttgart / Germany
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Ingrid
    Petty Officer

by Ingrid » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:37 am

Horny tied's :lol: :lol: :lol:
    www.metal-exposure.com
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:03 pm

Do we need a safeword for announcement bitching too?
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:07 pm

X-Thor wrote:Do we need a safeword for announcement bitching too?

Horny tied's
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:42 pm

its odd to find a german person these days that doesnt speak fluent english
    Ingrid
    Petty Officer

by Ingrid » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:48 pm

No!! It's not!!! :lol:

Germans generally don't speak English thát well.
    Main reason is that they dub e-ve-ry-thing on television, but also in cinemas.
    www.metal-exposure.com
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:10 pm

everywhere i went while i was there most ppl spoke it quite well other than elderly ppl. also all my german freinds have better grammar in it than even i do haha. then again i only travelled southern states and austria so maybe they use it more down there?
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:16 pm

I found that when I was among metalheads pretty well everyone spoke English and there was never an issue, but when I was walking around in Hamburg there weren't that many random people that knew English. Is that a fair assessment Ingrid?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Ingrid
    Petty Officer

by Ingrid » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:32 pm

Hm, well I live in the Netherlands, but I live next to the German border, so I'm a lot in Germany (cause everything is cheaper there, and there's much more metal than there is right here)
    I think 'here' in the Ruhrpott, English is ok, cause there's more industry, but the more you go to the east, the worse it gets. The Berlin Wall might already be down for quite some years, the differences between east and west are still there.

Ofcourse if you travel and you go to all the more tourist places, everybody speaks English very well.
    But for example: on festival, the security guys, who just live their normal German lives look pretty scared when I ask them if they speak English.

Now I won't say that Germans speak 'terrible English' (though their accent is funny ;) ) .. but Germans and fluent English ... nah-ah!!!

(and I don't say this to make them look stupid, Germany is my second home and I really love it/them)
    www.metal-exposure.com
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:39 pm

Alot of my friends are young and most are students. Maybe this is why they speak it well. I was in a few touristy spots but they were populated mostly by japanese tourists, which was weird to hear them speaking german since i speak a little. in alot of the small towns i didnt have much trouble at all finding people who spoke it, and most replied back to me in english when i spoke german to them (which says alot about how good my accent is i guess haha). ive never been north of bavaria other than a day or two and i was travelling with friends at that time so didnt really talk to any locals.
Post Reply 347 posts