Post Reply 99 posts
Prices onboard??
    epartos
    Petty Officer

Prices onboard??

by epartos » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:04 am

Hey all veterans. I tried searching the forum and also google it but I was unable to find any decent info on onboard prices. Of course I am referring to beer and booze. Anyone sitting on relevant information?? :givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer:
    Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Get these guys on the boat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKLKzE77YrM
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

Re: Prices onboard??

by meshuggah » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:09 am

Beer is for the most part $5, mixed drinks $6, wine $7. Very reasonable! If you go to the same bartender and tip well, your drinks will get stronger as they progress.
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:31 am

I don't know if I'm right, but I thought I've paid 12$ for an Margarita .
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    epartos
    Petty Officer

by epartos » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:39 am

Well. That´s pretty reasonable. Are there any packages available as on the "normal" royal cruises?
    Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Get these guys on the boat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKLKzE77YrM
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:47 am

epartos wrote:Well. That´s pretty reasonable. Are there any packages available as on the "normal" royal cruises?

No, the only package is the soda package. You pay 30+ USD and get all the soda you want. So you can order double shots and mix them... Also, get diabetes. Maybe. :lol:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:54 am

epartos wrote:Well. That´s pretty reasonable. Are there any packages available as on the "normal" royal cruises?

They would run out of alcohol before we left the port.

MOR Cruise still offers them but they have double the passengers and all the bands are in their 60's.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:56 am

Good beer is 7 bucks.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:57 am

jodionline wrote:I don't know if I'm right, but I thought I've paid 12$ for an Margarita .

Maybe, but my gin & tonics were $6 from the drink stand outside the Chorus Line.
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:59 am

Stained Class wrote:Good beer is 7 bucks.

Which beer was $7? Sam Adams was $5...maybe because I bought buckets???
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:03 am

meshuggah wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Good beer is 7 bucks.

Which beer was $7? Sam Adams was $5...maybe because I bought buckets???

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. That was my drink most of the trip. Pale Ale during the day, Margaritas at night.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:06 am

This sounds expensive as far as usual american drink prices are concerned. Thats like canadian prices.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:08 am

mfrap wrote:This sounds expensive as far as usual american drink prices are concerned. Thats like canadian prices.

Yeah, it is like drinking in a bar in Canada. Prices in Miami are cheaper though.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Primitive man
    Oiler

by Primitive man » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:03 am

According to the Royal Caribbean website as of the new year they have 4 new all inclusive drink packages for all cruises 4 nights or longer (soda, beer/wine, premium, and ultimate) and prices range from 30 a day to 65...I am hoping this is accurate if not will bring something with!
    Wishlist: All Pigs Must Die, Annihilator, Atheist, Cripple Bastards, Cryptopsy, D.R.I., Death, Death Angel, Deicide, Electric Wizard, Exodus, haarp, Indian, Ingested, M.O.D., Morbid Angel, Mortician, Obituary, Phobia, Primitive Man, Skinless, Wormrot
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:06 am

Primitive man wrote:According to the Royal Caribbean website as of the new year they have 4 new all inclusive drink packages for all cruises 4 nights or longer (soda, beer/wine, premium, and ultimate) and prices range from 30 a day to 65...I am hoping this is accurate if not will bring something with!

They typically don't offer those to us :oops:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:13 am

Stained Class wrote:
    Primitive man wrote:According to the Royal Caribbean website as of the new year they have 4 new all inclusive drink packages for all cruises 4 nights or longer (soda, beer/wine, premium, and ultimate) and prices range from 30 a day to 65...I am hoping this is accurate if not will bring something with!

They do a little bit of math!!!! :pound:
    metal4ever
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:19 am

One of the benefits of living in Norway, alcohol is dirt cheap EVERYWHERE! ;)
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Ihsahn-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Abinchova-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Elvenking-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Grave.Digger-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Izegrim-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kivimetsän.Druidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-SuidAkrA-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-U.D.O.-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:27 am

Speedy wrote:One of the benefits of living in Norway, alcohol is dirt cheap EVERYWHERE! ;)

Not if you're a tourist :cry:
    Primitive man
    Oiler

by Primitive man » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:36 am

broegaard wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

They do a little bit of math!!!! :pound:

Lame! Well they should cause that just means I will bring some mouthwash and then they get 0.0 from me...
    Wishlist: All Pigs Must Die, Annihilator, Atheist, Cripple Bastards, Cryptopsy, D.R.I., Death, Death Angel, Deicide, Electric Wizard, Exodus, haarp, Indian, Ingested, M.O.D., Morbid Angel, Mortician, Obituary, Phobia, Primitive Man, Skinless, Wormrot
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:39 am

They do a little bit of math!!!! :pound:[/quote]

Lame! Well they should cause that just means I will bring some mouthwash and then they get 0.0 from me...[/quote]

It´s your right to do so....
    metal4ever
    Primitive man
    Oiler

by Primitive man » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:47 am

I found this on their websites Q/A in regards to the new drink packages:
    Q. Are the all-inclusive beverage packages available on all sailings?
    A. The all-inclusive beverage packages are sold onboard all ships, on all sailings
    4 nights or longer.

-seems like they should

I also emailed their customer service and asked specifically about our cruise to see if they will be gtg...I will let you know as soon as I find out!
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:50 am

Note the tip is ALWAYS included in the individual bills, you may tip extra but know that you have already tipped.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:54 am

mfrap wrote:
    Speedy wrote:One of the benefits of living in Norway, alcohol is dirt cheap EVERYWHERE! ;)

I meant everywhere else in the world.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Ihsahn-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Abinchova-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Elvenking-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Grave.Digger-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Izegrim-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kivimetsän.Druidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-SuidAkrA-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-U.D.O.-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:05 am

The reason there hasn't been drink packages (other than the soda one) in the past is they only started offering them in November 2013. They started the packages on a couple of ships earlier in 2013, but our Majesty wasn't one of them.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:19 am

I thought the drink prices were very reasonable. I was expecting high prices for cruise drinks. If they have specials now I hope they stock enough beer and booze...
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:19 am

Speedy wrote:
    mfrap wrote:

I meant everywhere else in the world.

Ahh, ok touche then haha. :beerwink:
    Primitive man
    Oiler

by Primitive man » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:47 am

Memnoch wrote:The reason there hasn't been drink packages (other than the soda one) in the past is they only started offering them in November 2013. They started the packages on a couple of ships earlier in 2013, but our Majesty wasn't one of them.

Right, I am thinking that this year they are available as the website said now they are now offered on all cruise ships; only stipulation being on cruises 4 nights or more which...drum roll...ours is!
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:16 pm

Primitive man wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:The reason there hasn't been drink packages (other than the soda one) in the past is they only started offering them in November 2013. They started the packages on a couple of ships earlier in 2013, but our Majesty wasn't one of them.

Right, I am thinking that this year they are available as the website said now they are now offered on all cruise ships; only stipulation being on cruises 4 nights or more which...drum roll...ours is!

Given the ammount of alcohol we already drink, I don't think the packages will be available...

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:20 pm

X-Thor wrote:
    Primitive man wrote:

Given the ammount of alcohol we already drink, I don't think the packages will be available...

wiseman
    metal4ever
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:34 pm

Well, if 2000 persons take the deal, it's $400k. If my memory serves me right, the alcohol sales on the first cruise were $600k. But, even if we all got the package, we'll still buy shots and drinks to others and buy beer by the bucket. I'm fairly sure you can get only one drink at a time "for free" and think they'll still process your card to see if someone buys too many drinks within minutes or even seconds of the last one.
    And it's not like they pay $5 for a beer, so they'll still make profit on the alcohol sales.

And one last thing, quite a few will drink way too much on the first day/night and not drink that much on the next day. It' not like everyone's from Ireland or Finland. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Darkden
    Oiler

by Darkden » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:56 pm

You would also have people like us who last year didn't drink much at all (total of $40 between the two of us) but would both buy a $30 package thus spending more.
    Jakob and Jessica Dark

We survived the 2013 cruise. We also &*%!ed a mermaid. Well we think we did, details are a bit scetchy.
    RootOfAllEvil
    Crewman

by RootOfAllEvil » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:21 pm

The terms say:
    Packages available to purchase onboard up to 4 nights prior to end of sailing.

Do I get it right that we would have to buy them on the first day or not at all?
    (Presuming the packages are really available on 70K)
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:37 pm

Memnoch wrote:Well, if 2000 persons take the deal, it's $400k. If my memory serves me right, the alcohol sales on the first cruise were $600k. But, even if we all got the package, we'll still buy shots and drinks to others and buy beer by the bucket. I'm fairly sure you can get only one drink at a time "for free" and think they'll still process your card to see if someone buys too many drinks within minutes or even seconds of the last one.
    And it's not like they pay $5 for a beer, so they'll still make profit on the alcohol sales.

And one last thing, quite a few will drink way too much on the first day/night and not drink that much on the next day. It' not like everyone's from Ireland or Finland. :beerwink:

Or Australia!!!!! :cheers: I averaged 20-22 drinks a day based on my bill, but I think the trend was 30, 25, 20, 15....... over the four days :D
    Wishlist: Battlelore, Bloodbath, Borknagar, Communic, Dimmu Borgir, Dying Fetus, Gojira, Hypocrisy, Legion of the Damned, Midnattsol, Nightwish, Persuader, Power Trip, Suidakra, Warbringer, Whispered, Within Temptation.
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:41 pm

Im going to drink 100 beers, mark my words!
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:59 pm

Words marked.
    In fact, I'll help you keep track!
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Primitive man
    Oiler

by Primitive man » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:00 pm

RootOfAllEvil wrote:The terms say:
    Packages available to purchase onboard up to 4 nights prior to end of sailing.

Do I get it right that we would have to buy them on the first day or not at all?
    (Presuming the packages are really available on 70K)

Yeah that is the deal, so you have to purchase all days or none at all...but yeah 45 a day for unlimited beer...hmmmm, pretty sure I can get my moneys worth with that...
    RootOfAllEvil
    Crewman

by RootOfAllEvil » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:03 pm

Primitive man wrote:Yeah that is the deal, so you have to purchase all days or none at all...but yeah 45 a day for unlimited beer...hmmmm, pretty sure I can get my moneys worth with that...

Sounds reasonable. :pound:

But the info I found says 40$ for the beer package or am I missing something?

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content ... ckages.pdf
    gietz
    Oiler

by gietz » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:06 pm

I actually emailed them about this just before new year and got the reply a few days

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for writing back to us!

Drink packages will be available to purchase after you complete your Online Check-In. Please note that the types and availability of packages offered are subject to change at any time and are purchased directly through Royal Caribbean.

We will be sending your Online Check-In invitation in the coming weeks.

If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us at any time!

Cheers,

Seems like the do have packages, and one can only assume they would be the same as the ones listed
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:17 pm

That would be great if they offer all the drink packages this time.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • NJDevil
    Wiper

by NJDevil » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:33 pm

$40 a day for unlimited beer?!! THIS is the best announcement so far!! :givebeer: :belly:
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:55 pm

NJDevil wrote:$40 a day for unlimited beer?!! THIS is the best announcement so far!! :givebeer: :belly:

$40 USD a day?

Hmmm, I spent about that last year. Not sure how much of a good deal it is...

EDIT: No, wait, it was above that. Package could be useful...
    Last edited by X-Thor on Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

--
Post Reply 99 posts