Post Reply 32 posts Page 1 of 1
Evening Meals
    Primitive man
    Oiler

Evening Meals

by Primitive man » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:37 pm

So, rookie question here; but do they serve dinner like traditional cruises (set times and table assignments) or can you adjust your evening meal time based on bands you want to see?? Are there often bands playing during this time...shit I guess you just say fuck it I am not gonna eat dinner if a band you really wants to see is playing...hmmmm, do they have a dumb dress code for the dinners also?? Thanks all!
    Wishlist: All Pigs Must Die, Annihilator, Atheist, Cripple Bastards, Cryptopsy, D.R.I., Death, Death Angel, Deicide, Electric Wizard, Exodus, haarp, Indian, Ingested, M.O.D., Morbid Angel, Mortician, Obituary, Phobia, Primitive Man, Skinless, Wormrot
    Stained Class
    Commander

Re: Evening Meals

by Stained Class » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:47 pm

You get to pick when you go and there's no dress code. They're only open during certain hours and there's always bands playing during it. In 4 cruises I've never actually made it to the dining hall. I might have to sacrifice a set this year since it'll be my last chance!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:48 pm

There are always bands playing so you will have to miss some shows to eat dinner. No assigned eating times and no assigned seats. Show up and they'll put you on a table with random people. Good way to make friends or meet bands! Plan for about 90 minutes for a full meal including dessert. No dress codes on metal cruises.

If you have a full schedule, the buffet is your best bet for dinner.

Dining hall is a good time. Did it one night for the past few cruises and always had a blast. Food isn't great but it's a slight step up from the Windjammer.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:48 pm

Nope none of that on our cruise.

The food is pretty much available whenever dude - bands will be playing the whole time from like 10am in the morning until 4 or 5am the following morning.

You just go and eat whenever you can :P

Seriously though, The main buffet closes at some stage late in the evening, but pizza is available practically anytime, the deli has limited opening hours, Johnny Rocket's has somewhat limited hours too.

The 'formal' dining - you just rock up and they will sit you on a table with other people which is fun! You will often end up seated on the same table with band members or crew. Last year I sat on the same table as a couple of the In Flames guys. Not a fan of their music but they were THE. BEST. guys to chat with!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:49 pm

Stained Class wrote:You get to pick when you go and there's no dress code. They're only open during certain hours and there's always bands playing during it. In 4 cruises I've never actually made it to the dining hall. I might have to sacrifice a set this year since it'll be my last chance!

If you've got a spare hour or so, you've got to do it!!!!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:52 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:You get to pick when you go and there's no dress code. They're only open during certain hours and there's always bands playing during it. In 4 cruises I've never actually made it to the dining hall. I might have to sacrifice a set this year since it'll be my last chance!

If you've got a spare hour or so, you've got to do it!!!!!

I plan on it!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:22 pm

Random notes on food ,pizza sucks (tasteless cardboard with a cheese like topping ),snatch a couple of bananas,Apple's or yogurts at breakfast to eat later,ask to be seated at a big table at dinner if you are by yourself (better chance to eat with a band ),Johnnys Rockets cost extra ,and Compass deli is a good place to get a soup ,sandwhich or salad and is hardly ever crowded.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:31 pm

forget the dinner and head to the windjammer..self-service and, if you're incredibly hungry and in a hurry to watch a band... you can take as long as you need.. eat and run lol
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:42 pm

I'm planning on going to the formal dining room as much as possible. The food, while it isn't great, is a lot better than that triple-salted stuff they serve at the Windjammer.
    Also, I kinda like the pizza onbroad. Well, it is a lot better than about 90% pizzas here (we practically only have, hmm, ethnic pizza places here - it's just wrong to call them pizzas).
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:49 pm

Memnoch wrote:I'm planning on going to the formal dining room as much as possible. The food, while it isn't great, is a lot better than that triple-salted stuff they serve at the Windjammer.
    Also, I kinda like the pizza onbroad. Well, it is a lot better than about 90% pizzas here (we practically only have, hmm, ethnic pizza places here - it's just wrong to call them pizzas).

if that is kinda good pizza then I do not need to try your local pizza
    their is much better out their in the states.
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:52 pm

Azazel101 wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:I'm planning on going to the formal dining room as much as possible. The food, while it isn't great, is a lot better than that triple-salted stuff they serve at the Windjammer.

if that is kinda good pizza then I do not need to try your local pizza
    their is much better out their in the states.

wait, not saying ours is good but better than on the ship
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:00 am

Yeah, the pizza places here are awful. The pizza on the boat is definitely a step up. And I do agree on there being better pizza than that, but that goes for any food on the boat; the food is ok, but nothing special.

And I've eaten some really good pizza in the U.S., and some really bad pizza.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:08 am

ate once at the dinner ... it was alright ... people were awesome, service was prompt and on .... just felt like cattle, being force into a stall and kicked out after feeding. food was alright but really not worth the time. the buffet was quick, nice selection for what it was and each night had different things available .

on that note can't wait for my scrambled eggs and bacon each morning and a cup or two of coffee :lol: :lol: :lol:
    xhead
    Crewman

by xhead » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:20 am

Liked the food in buffet Restaurant, good selection of everything. Pizza.... Argh, if you're drunken its ok, if not ... :(.
    Johnny rockets have great burgers, need to pay a service. Charge of 5 or 6 bucks, and you can eat what you want. Dining Restaurant pretty good, well tasting meat. Take that time . They also serve beer :givebeer:
    2nd Cruise
    Deck2
    Arrival: ???
    Hotel ???
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:03 am

buffett = in and out in 15/20 min...
    metal4ever
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:22 am

booze and bacon. the 2 food groups.
  • rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:46 am

I think you are absolutely crazy if do not do the evening restaurant everyday. There should be a decent gap for you to grab food in the dinner window. It's EASILY the best food on board. I don't know about you guys, I'd rather have a steak 3 course meal than shitty pizza. Quality of life folks. Restaurant is also the best way to meet people from other countries / cultures IMO.
    D.T. Metal
    Crewman

by D.T. Metal » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:10 pm

... takes 90 minutes ... felt like cattle .... WHAT :?

I don't know when you guys were eating in the dining room, but it NEVER took that long, even with dessert. And you can stay as long as you want and socialize after your meal. Whoever said that the food at the buffet is salt ridden, was right on. Not saying the food is bad at the buffet, but it is just that - buffet food, made in mass for the masses :mrgreen:

Do yourself a favor and go to the dining room. The price for the cruise does include the food and so take advantage of it. I found a link where you can read up on what all is offered on the boat (disregard the "my dining time"): http://www.cruiseastute.com/ship.php?ship=Majesty%20Of%20The%20Seas&feature=dining

and to give the newcomers a quick time-line I dug out one of the day sheets:

Breakfast:
    6 - 8am - Early Bird Coffee - Windjammer Buffet
    8 - 11.30 - Breakfast Buffet - Windjammer
    8.30 - 10.30 - A la carte breakfast - Dining Room

Lunch:
    noon - 3pm - Buffet Lunch - Windjammer
    noon - 1.30pm - Brasserie 30 - Dining Room ( and this I didn't know the do since I hardly ate during those hours !!!)

Dinner:
    6.30 - 10pm - Dinner - Windjammer Buffet as well as Dining Room

Other:
    7am - 2am - Cafe Latte Deck 5
    10.30am - 2pm - Gelateria Deck 5
    11.30am - 6.30pm - Compass Deli Deck 12 (in the back past the pizza)
    noon - midnight - Johnny Rockets Deck 12 (surcharge of $4.95)
    11.30pm - 1.30am - late night buffet - Windjammer

24/7 - Sorrento's Pizza Deck 12 (this is also where the soda machine is if you have the soda package)
    24/7 - Room Service (free, except between midnight - 5am where it costs $3,95)
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:12 pm

Wait I can have fancy latte's and beer for breakfast? mother of god :dreams: . Too bad clamato juice isnt a thing in the states or i'd be living off caesers to cure my inevitable hangovers/bangovers.
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:36 pm

We have clamato juice here. I don't recall seeing it on the boat unfortunately.
  • Mindcrime
    Petty Officer

by Mindcrime » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:42 pm

D.T. Metal wrote:... takes 90 minutes ... felt like cattle .... WHAT :?

I don't know when you guys were eating in the dining room, but it NEVER took that long, even with dessert. And you can stay as long as you want and socialize after your meal. Whoever said that the food at the buffet is salt ridden, was right on. Not saying the food is bad at the buffet, but it is just that - buffet food, made in mass for the masses :mrgreen:

Do yourself a favor and go to the dining room. The price for the cruise does include the food and so take advantage of it. I found a link where you can read up on what all is offered on the boat (disregard the "my dining time"): http://www.cruiseastute.com/ship.php?ship=Majesty%20Of%20The%20Seas&feature=dining

and to give the newcomers a quick time-line I dug out one of the day sheets:

Breakfast:
    6 - 8am - Early Bird Coffee - Windjammer Buffet
    8 - 11.30 - Breakfast Buffet - Windjammer
    8.30 - 10.30 - A la carte breakfast - Dining Room

Lunch:
    noon - 3pm - Buffet Lunch - Windjammer
    noon - 1.30pm - Brasserie 30 - Dining Room ( and this I didn't know the do since I hardly ate during those hours !!!)

Dinner:
    6.30 - 10pm - Dinner - Windjammer Buffet as well as Dining Room

Other:
    7am - 2am - Cafe Latte Deck 5
    10.30am - 2pm - Gelateria Deck 5
    11.30am - 6.30pm - Compass Deli Deck 12 (in the back past the pizza)
    noon - midnight - Johnny Rockets Deck 12 (surcharge of $4.95)
    11.30pm - 1.30am - late night buffet - Windjammer

24/7 - Sorrento's Pizza Deck 12 (this is also where the soda machine is if you have the soda package)
    24/7 - Room Service (free, except between midnight - 5am where it costs $3,95)

Thanks for posting this!
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:24 pm

I am hoping they have RIBS again at Windjammer It is usually on Weds they have them. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:08 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:I am hoping they have RIBS again at Windjammer It is usually on Weds they have them. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Man, those ribs were AMAZING.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:11 pm

X-Thor wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote:I am hoping they have RIBS again at Windjammer It is usually on Weds they have them. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Agreed. The Duck breast on Thursday was pretty good too!
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:57 pm

If I remember right there were set dinner times but on the last cruise the Windjammer was open so much more, but the variety of food offered took a severe step back. Nothing to complain about, since with the Windjammer being opened so much more it meant that we were eating a lot less of that shittuy pizza. The pizza was awesome for me on the first night of 70k 2012 when I was wasted at 4am, but after a few nights I realized how terrible and how drunk I was. I can still taste that stuff almost two years later, and that is not particularly a good thing.

About the dress code, I was asked to put a shirt on I believe on 70k 2012 and 70k 2013. I was shocked since it was a metal cruise. I almost went into Hulk smash thrash mode.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:23 am

X-Thor wrote:

Moar ribs!!!!
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jebus_Cripes » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:36 am

Chris wrote:We have clamato juice here. I don't recall seeing it on the boat unfortunately.

They have it in very limited supply. Me and a friend of mine were able to get some ceasars in the first couple days on both cruises we have been on.
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:02 pm

Jebus_Cripes wrote:
    Chris wrote:We have clamato juice here. I don't recall seeing it on the boat unfortunately.

They have it in very limited supply. Me and a friend of mine were able to get some ceasars in the first couple days on both cruises we have been on.

This gives me hope. one advil liquid gel extra strength and a caeser and i'm g2g no matter how bad the hangover
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:31 pm

they have food on the cruise?.....hehe
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:39 pm

debborah1 wrote:they have food on the cruise?.....hehe

Yeah, they sell it in bottles.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:35 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:they have food on the cruise?.....hehe

Yeah, they sell it in bottles.

OH YEAHHHH....I had plenty of that food at all times.... :party:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer

by junkhead13 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:21 pm

Like many others it seems, we've never made it to the dining room. My sustenance has always mainly consisted of pizza in the middle of the night and the occasional round at the buffet. Think we did get room service on the first cruise just for the novelty.

Will definitely have to find time to get a formal meal this time around dammit.
    Have a good time...all the time.
Post Reply 32 posts Page 1 of 1