Post Reply 251 posts
Bringing Drinks Onboard the Ships
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Bringing Drinks Onboard the Ships

by Kingslayer » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:38 pm

Resurrecting this thread. It's been a couple years since, we're on another ship, and I'm sure some other stuff happened. What are some insider secrets about getting sauce on the boat?
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: TBD

Wishlist: Amon Amarth, Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Running Wild, Septicflesh, Steel Panther, Unleash The Archers
    liser
    Petty Officer

by liser » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:07 pm

I meant to bring this up too. I'm sure this has been answered already but whatever. We had rumrunners (or platypus as we call them) in our bags and had checked the bags onto the boat with no problem. This year we're just bringing backpacks so I'm wondering what sort of security they have if you carry your own bags on rather than checking them? It seems like there's stories going both ways.
    Alestorm/Amon-Amarth/Arch-Enemy/Amorphis/Arkona/Blind-Guardian/Cancer-Bats/Cattle-Decapitation/Dimmu-Borgir/Dragonforce/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Equilibriumor/Fear-Factory/Finntroll/Gormathon/Hypocrisy/In-Extremo/Insomnium/Iron-Reagan/Korpiklaani/Kreator/Manowar/Mayan/Melechesh/Nashville-Pussy/Ne-Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Nightwish/Powerwolf/Rotting-Christ/Sabaton/Septicflesh/Soulfly/Stam1na/Suicidal-Tendencies/Tau-Cross/Triptykon/Turmion-Katilot/Wintersun
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:48 pm

i am guessing that since everyone is discussing this without regards to the skipper being able to read all of this, every bag will probably be checked thoroughly. :p
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: SHOW US THE DATES!
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:43 pm

spooky wrote:i am guessing that since everyone is discussing this without regards to the skipper being able to read all of this, every bag will probably be checked thoroughly. :p

Meh, Skipper probably does it himself :lol:
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:23 pm

klons wrote:
    spooky wrote:i am guessing that since everyone is discussing this without regards to the skipper being able to read all of this, every bag will probably be checked thoroughly. :p

Yup, every single bag too. Bag checking begins a week before the cruise so we can leave port on time.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2021: Not this time. Have fun!

Wishlist: Arkona-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Lumsk-/-Necrophagist-/-Otyg-/-Savatage-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Testament-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Varg
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:52 pm

klons wrote:

I saw gonna say, unless he gets some kind of liquor commission, I don't imagine why he'd bother having all the bags checked that thoroughly

Wishlist: Amon Amarth, Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Running Wild, Septicflesh, Steel Panther, Unleash The Archers
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:31 pm

i guess that i may be the only person fluent in sarcasm and facetiousness. :lol:
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: SHOW US THE DATES!
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:39 pm

spooky wrote:i guess that i may be the only person fluent in sarcasm and facetiousness. :lol:

My comment about loading luggage a week early so Andy could check every single bag wasn't serious at all. :lol:
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2021: Not this time. Have fun!

Wishlist: Arkona-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Lumsk-/-Necrophagist-/-Otyg-/-Savatage-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Testament-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Varg
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:43 pm

spooky wrote:i guess that i may be the only person fluent in sarcasm and facetiousness. :lol:

Because it's soooooo easy to tell when it's non-verbal

biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:59 pm

I took rum runners and just drank more :lol: :beerbang:

If you have a purse pay extra for the small rum runners, it makes it easier so you don't have to go make to the room for refills or have to stuff your pants, ect.

I went with over 1 gallon in rum runners on broad and everything made it fine.

I would suggest the person with the most clothes be the person to stuff the runners in. I only wear jeans so I packed the big ones down the pants and folded normally. Stuffed the other sizes in shirts and smaller items and in the little folds and pockets my luggage already had. I checked my luggage, nothing was missing.
    I also tipped the guy loading the luggage onto the boat. I think $5 or $10 with a "hunny, please make sure it makes it". Always works on planes and the boat.
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
  • J.m.Andersson
    Oiler

by J.m.Andersson » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:38 am

i had no idea about this on the 2015 Cruise, and packed some fireball, beers and JD in the bag. when i got the bag to the room it was all still in there.
    Have ni idea how i made it though :viking:
Post Reply 251 posts