Post Reply 248 posts
Bringing Drinks Onboard the Ships
  • DorothyGale
    Oiler

Bringing Drinks Onboard the Ships

by DorothyGale » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:53 pm

Ok, Royal Caribbean's official policy no longer allows for outside beverages to be brought aboard (including water and soda)

" Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them."

According to several cruisers on other message boards this policy, as it applies to non-alcholic beverages, isn't really enforced. So, according to some of these same people if someone wanted, hypothetically speaking, to bring on their own liquor they could use these nifty caps http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/product/1401 or these http://www.camocaps.net/ to make a water or soda bottle refilled with liquor appear to be factory sealed still.

Just sayin' Not that I am a pinny pinching, tight-wad or anything.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

Re: Bringing Drinks Onboard the Ships

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:13 pm

DorothyGale wrote:Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. .

I hope this is open to interpretation as I think most of us will be displaying quite a bit of what others might deem irresponsible behaviour, druk or not lol...

Also, I could be wrong but, I have a feeling the security staff might be a little more diligent in checking the items brought on board by this particular guest list than with any other. Just sayin' ;) :lol:

And I'm not even gonna go near the search for a definition of OVER CONSUME :lol: :lol: :lol:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • KK Cruiser
    Petty Officer

by KK Cruiser » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:20 pm

I enjoy drinking. I mean really. Nothing like a couple/five beers before a show.

Can you imagine life before cable tv and internet? Our fathers would go down to the nusiance grounds (garbage dump) with some beer, whiskey and a rifle and shoot at rats.
    vainglory
    Petty Officer

by vainglory » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:55 pm

According to a different message board that I am on Royal Carribean has *cough* ROYALLY cracked down on this. Various posters were explaining the efforts they made to sneak booze aboard with about a 50% success rate.
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:48 pm

vainglory wrote:According to a different message board that I am on Royal Carribean has *cough* ROYALLY cracked down on this.

Yes, indeedy, they have! Bringing drinks onboard now - fuggedaboutit!! When I went on RC's Voyager of the Seas six years ago with a big family group (18 of us!), you could buy a bottle of good, cheap Rum, for example, at a port, and bring it on board no problem (and have cheap drinkies in your cabin :P ). I don't remember even having to "hide it" per se - they make you put everything on an airport type scanner anyway - so it would be pretty difficult to hide a bottle ;)

Well, now (and I just got off a RC ship a week and a half ago), they have big signs that say it is not allowed to bring alcohol onboard to consume. If you buy a bottle of something at a port, they hold it for you until you leave the ship on the last day (at least they don't confiscate it for good like at a show or something ;) And, again, considering the security getting on and off those huge ships (which I actually think is a good thing post 9-11 and all) - getting drinks onboard struck me as next to impossible. Oh well....
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:53 pm

So in other words, unless you shove that bottle of Jack Daniels up your ass, and pull it out later, then just forget the booze smuggling.

Not to say there won't be some who try anyway, so good luck to them...and keep that Jack Daniels to yourself :lol:
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
  • SatansWrath
    Chief Petty Officer

by SatansWrath » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:41 am

Well serious... how the hell are you supposed to survive drinkin in the bars every day, that must be horrible expensive ??? So correct me if Im wrong here, cuz I never been on a big cruise ship before=) All food and non alcoholic drinks are free (included in your ticket prize) but you CANT even buy beers in the duty free shops and take it to your cabin and drink ?

How much does beer cost in the bars? this will in that case be a very expensive cruise, specially with american 3.5-4-5% beers when alots of metalheads easily can drink a slab 24 beers a day, thats at least our swedish "wacken" rule with 4.6-5.0 % 33 cl cans....

vobiscum Sathanas
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Pissed of whishlist for the cruises:
    Turisas, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Dalriada, Arch Enemy, Abinchova, Northland, Sear Bliss, Watain, Slayer, Raubtier, Fear Factory, Rammstein, Running Wild
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:51 am

i'm hoping they have a special pricing system for this cruise (seeing that it isn't free)... because if i got to pay around $5.00/US for a can a beer, i'm gonna have to take out a second loan just to drink lol
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:29 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:i'm hoping they have a special pricing system for this cruise (seeing that it isn't free)... because if i got to pay around $5.00/US for a can a beer, i'm gonna have to take out a second loan just to drink lol

6 PACKS IN A PLASTIC BUCKET OF ICE WERE 30 DOLLARS IN 2008 ON THE "SIMPLE MAN CRUISE"
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
  • VikingGirl
    Crewman

by VikingGirl » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:13 pm

I'm starting to think the first 2 nights of the cruise is gonna be CRAZY :party:
    Then the last 2 nights, everyone's gonna be out of money, so sober and in a pissy mood :evil:
    Eva

Cabin #1570
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:45 pm

I have never been on a cruise...but from what Im told from friends that have cruised before...they do not accept cash for the duration of the trip...its all put on your credit card and charged at the end....lol....we all know what that can mean!! you go to check out and your bill is like...$1,5oo!! yikes! All I can say is DRINK RESPONSIBLY!...that is if you dont want to take out a second mortgage when you get home for all your drinks on this cruise!....whew...cant believe we are down to 5 more months now! WOO HOOOO :headbanger:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:52 pm

At $5 per, I wonder how many people are going to brew their own hooch. Probably not practical since it takes about 5 days.
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:26 pm

interesting reading oh the topic here: http://theintelligentcruiser.com/foolproof-way-to-sneak-alcohol-onboard-a-cruise-ship/ not advocating, just sayin... :D

been there done that by the way...
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
  • SatansWrath
    Chief Petty Officer

by SatansWrath » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:27 am

But this must be a typical US rule, Sweden cruise to Finland we are all allowed to buy helloads of beer and booze and party at our own cabins... but this seems stupid and very expensive I want to be drunked 24/7 almost but then I think I have to be VD over Donald Trump or something like that. IS there any pricelist anywere ? Or we should all write to the booking company that they have to sell us booze from the duty free shops or we take over the ship=)...Swashbuckle singer as captain, Fear factory as techcrew and Amon Amarth as vikings on top deck.

Nah to be honest Im little disappointed about this spiritus and beer rule.

Turisas, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Dalriada, Arch Enemy, Abinchova, Northland, Sear Bliss, Watain, Slayer, Raubtier, Fear Factory, Rammstein, Running Wild
    R8R55
    Crewman

by R8R55 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:23 pm

The device you need is called a rum runner. it's a flat plastic bag that doesn't show on X-ray machine. it's kinda like the bag in a box of wine but heavy duty. :metalguy:
    BANG THE HEAD THAT DOES NOT BANG!
    R8R55
    Crewman

by R8R55 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:27 pm

R8R55 wrote:The device you need is called a rum runner. it's a flat plastic bag that doesn't show on X-ray machine. it's kinda like the bag in a box of wine but heavy duty. :metalguy:

oh yea. http://www.rumrunnerflasks.com/
    BANG THE HEAD THAT DOES NOT BANG!
    metalheadtop
    Petty Officer

by metalheadtop » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:17 pm

DorothyGale wrote:Ok, Royal Caribbean's official policy no longer allows for outside beverages to be brought aboard (including water and soda)

" Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them."

According to several cruisers on other message boards this policy, as it applies to non-alcholic beverages, isn't really enforced. So, according to some of these same people if someone wanted, hypothetically speaking, to bring on their own liquor they could use these nifty caps http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/product/1401 or these http://www.camocaps.net/ to make a water or soda bottle refilled with liquor appear to be factory sealed still.

Just sayin' Not that I am a pinny pinching, tight-wad or anything.

LOL, mouthwash contains alcohol ..... mixed with things you do not want to swallow...that policy needs work. It should read consumable alcohol.
    Survived 70000tons of Metal 2011
    Survived 2012
    BARGE TO HELL
    70000tons 2013
    70,000 tons 2014
    154,000tons 2015
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:24 am

damn i wanted to get on board with horns fully loaden with beer and mead :headbanger:
    gues i'll have to chuck them down before getting on board

but hanging out on miami beach with a nice crate of beer would fine as well.

AHOY ME MATIES!!!!!
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer

by Max_Rockwell » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:14 am

Best way to sneak alcohol onto the ship when you board is by having it in you.
    Get as piss drunk as you can before boarding and you should be good and for the first few hours of the cruise :-p.
    Saves you money for the first few hours. Of course, you'd have to try your hardest to "behave" until the ship has left the harbour.
  • amash2
    Wiper

by amash2 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:48 am

You really don't want to get drunk before boarding...they can deny you entry to the ship if they determine you are shitfaced!
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:42 am

That is really nothing new...
    I wanna see Tim get denied piss drink...

And then wanna see his gf kick his ass sober...
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:48 am

i never drink piss

TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:13 pm

What if they deny witch bear boarding due to the "no animals rule"
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:18 pm

R8R55 wrote:
    R8R55 wrote:The device you need is called a rum runner. it's a flat plastic bag that doesn't show on X-ray machine. it's kinda like the bag in a box of wine but heavy duty. :metalguy:

oh yea. http://www.rumrunnerflasks.com/

So I can depend on some of y'all to bring some Patron, JD and Jager. :lol:

The Rum Runner drinks they had on the Carnival Cruise were killer.

My drinking tab for that cruise was 360.00 (including the duty free I purchased). I had a lot of people buying me drinks. :)
    AlabastRDisastR
    Petty Officer

by AlabastRDisastR » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:58 pm

OKAY GUYS. THIS IS WHAT WE DO.

HIRE THOSE WACKY SOMALI PIRATES TO "HIJACK THE SHIP" WITH BOTTLES OF BOOZE. THEN WHEN THEY'RE LIKE, "OKAY PAY US", WE THROW THEM OVERBOARD.

Best plan ever. This plan is obviously infallible in every way ever. :cool:
    D E C K 6
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:22 am

one small problem... they be at the other side of the freaking ocean:O
  • cg138
    Petty Officer

by cg138 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:45 am

No big deal. Any physicists onboard? Simply create a rudimentary time differentiation device, preferably in the body of a common wristwatch, to get past security of course. Offset the general relativity experienced at sea level with a simple algorithmic equation, bypassing regards for timespace and creating a non-massive singularity. The rapid appearance (or non appearance, as it were) of an event horizon will, of course, signal the beginnings of the enacted plan. Now the Schwarzschild radius ( I know what you're ALL thinking, "but the Schwarzschild radius must be proportional to it's mass, and therefore is directly paradoxical to a massless singularity, and besides, massless is nowhere near the Tolman-Oppenheimer-Volkoff limit required to even cause such a collapse!" Well if you just shut up for a second, I'll get to that.) should be about equal to the size of a 3-mast flagship circa the 17th century. Given the correct variables are set into the device, we should see what appear to be pirates from the golden age of piracy, with a shit-ton of rum. Arr!

Or, kick the security guy in the balls, and run in.
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:43 am

oohhh look... a wikipedia lover...

SHOOT HIM NOW!!!!
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:10 am

hell i'm not even trying to read that shit.......

Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:41 am

timmy is already getting a head ache... poor him:D
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:04 am

it's time for me to get back home. have a nice dinner and then go choke some peeps at the gym :death:

• cg138
    Petty Officer

by cg138 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:02 am

Give me a bit of credit. No wiki, just a physics/cosmology fan.
  • SatansWrath
    Chief Petty Officer

by SatansWrath » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:24 am

Whats the security anyways??? scanners like an airport.... fat bouncers choking on donouts checking your bags or a high tech T3 from japan scanning you. serious it would be good to know.....and WHY THE HELL have this stupid idotic necroromantic forsaken hellhole rule, that you CANT buy in the tax free shop and use it to preparty in your cabin, thats the most sneaky CIA shit ever, who the hell do they think hardrockers are anyways, Bill Gates, Donald Trump, Wayne Gretzky? damn Ill have to take another loan just to drink how pissed of isnt that.

Just want to add a sentance to the moron who created this stupid rule: You shouldnt be invented, it was a mayor failure

vobiscum Sathanas

Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:49 pm

cg138 wrote:Give me a bit of credit. No wiki, just a physics/cosmology fan.

it was a joke mate:P no harm done right:P

well here is to sooth you... my view on system administrators (my job seemingly)

• cg138
    Petty Officer

by cg138 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:08 am

I HATE JOKES! I'll KILL YOU!

Also, I could use some minesweeper consultation. What's your fee?

Speaking of minesweeper, watch this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHY8NKj3RKs

It's worth your time, I assure you!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:15 am

cg138 wrote:Speaking of minesweeper, watch this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHY8NKj3RKs

It's worth your time, I assure you!

Sweet! Love that closing line too! :lol:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    AlabastRDisastR
    Petty Officer

by AlabastRDisastR » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:06 am

...Seriously though. It looks like I'm gunna be pretty fucking sober for this cruise. This is sad.
    D E C K 6
  • Samhain
    Petty Officer

by Samhain » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:54 am

Want to know what's unfortunate? I have been drinking legally (and responsibly) in Quebec for several years now but will not be of age on the cruise... so at least all of you have the option to drink on board! Damn your silly American laws!
    Wishlist 70K 2016: Aborted, At the Gates, Devin Townsend, Kreator, Panzerfaust, Rotting Christ.

Survivor 70K 2011-2012-2013-2014-2015
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:11 am

Yeah 21 is pretty bunk.

I mean, I'm old enough, it is just a stupid rule.

EDIT: wooooo my 666th post haha :twisted:
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:13 am

viathyn wrote:Yeah 21 is pretty bunk.

I mean, I'm old enough, it is just a stupid rule.

EDIT: wooooo my 666th post haha :twisted:

CONGRATS!!!! To your Midshipman-ness!!! :headbanger: You ROCK!!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
Post Reply 248 posts