Uncertain
    23%

Total votes: 133
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: 2015 - In or Out?

by broegaard » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:57 am

same here.

As long as the inconvenient people don´t bother me(touching,etc), I don´t care at all. If girls want to dress like whores, so be it. If guys want to dress in speedos and walk "proudly", I don´t care.

The problem with the growth of inconvenient metalheads is simply: "booze". After the first year when there was a record breaking in beer sell I think people is trying to drink more and more just for the sake of it.

But I think there should be a dressing codes for restaurants, bars, etc...

My tab this year was $80 something dollars(burgers a couple of times, beers a couple of times, wine and coffee at the restaurant a couple of times).
    metal4ever
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:16 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:I can understand why you should be "dressed" for places where you eat. E.g. cover your ass, wear shoes and a shirt.

Though I really don't see how someone wearing a costume freaks someone else out.
    Metalheads are often saying how you don't care how you dress, it is all about the music, then someone dress up a bit for fun, and all of a sudden so many think it is horrible, you don't dress like you are "supposed to".

I remember on the first cruise wearing a "Hawaiian shirt" for fun and getting so many people thinking I was a moron for not dressing like real metal...
    LEt everyone have fun in their own way, no?

what's next, not allowed if not having long hair?
    No black T-shirt no show for you?

Worry about something that actually matters...

For me I have no problem with costumes(Horse head, banana, or any other option as long as it not interfere with others - Too high and block the view for the people behind etc...). People are entitle to express themselves.

With nudity I dont have a problem but it may bother others. I saw a couple of really young boys on the cruise...
    metal4ever
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:26 am

I hope Andy takes a look at this. A lot of uncertainty!
    After 4 cruises I will need something more to get me back.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:39 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:I can understand why you should be "dressed" for places where you eat. E.g. cover your ass, wear shoes and a shirt.

Though I really don't see how someone wearing a costume freaks someone else out.
    Metalheads are often saying how you don't care how you dress, it is all about the music, then someone dress up a bit for fun, and all of a sudden so many think it is horrible, you don't dress like you are "supposed to".

I remember on the first cruise wearing a "Hawaiian shirt" for fun and getting so many people thinking I was a moron for not dressing like real metal...
    LEt everyone have fun in their own way, no?

what's next, not allowed if not having long hair?
    No black T-shirt no show for you?

Worry about something that actually matters...

Gnoff it's funny when the occasional person does it.
    But it wears a bit thin when you see more and more people putting on costumes soley to try and get attention.
    I saw so many pictures from this years cruise of stupid costumes.I mean did they go there to see bands or just to drink beer and have people take pictures of them?
    Also one of the people i saw was on the cruise i remember from i think it was Wacken 04.Because he started banging on the bus some other people from his country were sleeping in.He ddin't know the people but he saw the flag.This same individual then stole their fresh merch they had bought which they had left outside and wouldn't put it back.
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:46 am

For fucks sake, let people do what they want. We don't have to look at the guy with the Symbolic speedo, we chose to. We don't have to look at "Crazy Bitch," until she started hitting people. Thankfully Andrea chose to take her out. I'm fine with everything until people to start to get hit or until broken glass occurs. Once you're purposely breaking glass, then you're an asshole. People fell in that shit and one guy I know had to have his back stitched up.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:07 am

Yeah, if people dress up or dress slutty or fucking going naked I don't care, as long as we're all having a good time! So many people have been bitching about the "attention whores" this year, did you really have a bad time because of it?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:21 am

Stained Class wrote:Yeah, if people dress up or dress slutty or fucking going naked I don't care, as long as we're all having a good time! So many people have been bitching about the "attention whores" this year, did you really have a bad time because of it?

Perhaps the people bitching about the "attention whores" are jealous because they with they had the guts to dress that way themselves. Frankly, I enjoy looking at hot female bodies; wife always says "look all you want...just don't touch...and I will do the same with the guys".
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:42 am

1) Costumes are awesome. It's a metal party, let everyone enjoy it the way they like. If you think the cruise is only about the bands, then keep your eyes to the stage and enjoy!

2) Don't like girls with very few clothes? Don't look at them. If you actually bothered to talk to them, you'd realize that they are very fun an interesting persons, but since you judged them by their appearance, you missed that out. How very metal of you.

3) Holy shit, a girl started hitting people and Andrea took her out? When did that happen? How come I missed that? It seems I missed all the weird stories this year!

4) If you throw glass anywhere, you are a dick.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:53 am

Chill out, people. If people say they got annoyed by something, it doesn't mean they hated the whole cruise or that the annoying things ruined the cruise for them. Any time anyone criticizes anything, "stop yer bitching" posts are sure to follow.

So, feel free to dress in your shrimp costumes all you want, I don't find it funny and am a tad annoyed if lots of people do that, but it sure as hell won't ruin my vacation.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    BloodRedMike
    Crewman

by BloodRedMike » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:12 am

Memnoch wrote:Chill out, people. If people say they got annoyed by something, it doesn't mean they hated the whole cruise or that the annoying things ruined the cruise for them. Any time anyone criticizes anything, "stop yer bitching" posts are sure to follow.

So, feel free to dress in your shrimp costumes all you want, I don't find it funny and am a tad annoyed if lots of people do that, but it sure as hell won't ruin my vacation.

Seriously. People need to shake the sand out of their vagina and stop crying about EVERYTHING. :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:
    Go on the ShipCocked Cruise instead and hang out with Creed.

I care about 1 thing only, the LINEUP! :beerhorns:
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:52 am

Stating displeasure or low points of the cruise doesn't really amount to crying anymore than bitching about bitching...but that aside...
    How people dress isn't that big a deal, I think a lot of it is stupid and detracts from the experience, but whatever. It does become an issue when you have people fornicating or nearly fornicating out in the open....not a big deal for most adults, but this is an all ages event. I believe Alex and Liv had their children there, I don't know what they may have experienced, but I'd be pretty upset if they had to witness that kind of shit. Everyone on the boat has a room, go use it if you need to. These kinds of dipshit behaviors also only reinforce negative stereotypes about "metalheads" as a whole, and I just think it's sad that it happens and mostly with people who I am not sure like the music.
    But yeah, it is one of those "if you don't like it, don't go" things.
    As it has been mentioned, it is kind of typical fest behavior in many ways, but the price tag king of makes it less bearable.
    Again though, it was mostly enjoyable. But in weighing good and bad....it's pushing me in that no category.
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:30 am

Chris wrote:Everyone on the boat has a room, go use it if you need to.

This. So much this.

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:40 am

X-Thor wrote:

This. So much this.

Or if you're the singer for Victory, there's plenty of elevators!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:42 am

Sorry if I seemed rude, I just hate that whole "those whores" things. Slut-shaming is never cool, people. :ugeek: :ugeek:

Also, you know, as metalheads we *know* what it is like to be judged (poorly) because of our appearance. We should not do that unto others.

--
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:43 am

Stained Class wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:

This. So much this.

Or if you're the singer for Victory, there's plenty of elevators!

Another story I missed!!! :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:

--
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:43 am

I appreciate the responses following my post on the previous page - in particular those written by Chris, cowboy Dallas, Ecliptica Greg, Metalwrath Pete, & Memnoch Ville. Although I haven't been on 70K since 2012....I am getting the distinct impression that the "atmosphere" is changing, at least somewhat and I'm not liking that trend if you will.

And for those who think this is mostly about gals in g-strings & people in costumes, it seems it is about way more than that.....an overall increase in meathead, douchy, asshole-ish behavior.

Regarding other festivals like Wacken....I swear to god I witnessed very little meathead behavior when I was there in 2009 & 2010. Now, I don't go anywhere near pits, nor did I camp (stayed in a hotel in nearby Itzehoe)...so maybe a lot of the squalid & stoopid shit goes on there. And as far as clothes go (yep, there I bring it up again - haha!) - it was majority people in black metal type clothes, awesome patch vests, and so on. Sure there *some* people in costume (my favorite was a group of guys who were awesomely & super accurately dressed as Steel Panther), but not a lot percentage-wise. And gals in g-strings or similar? NOT ONE. During the day, there were some gals in bathing suit tops, but that was about it.

I love to take lots of pictures when I travel, and especially when I'm alone like I was at Wacken. I took tons of crowd pictures there because I thought the sea of black was just so awesome & cool - those were my first metal fests ever & I was blown-away by the whole experience in a good way. Maybe later I'll post some of my favorite crowd pictures I took there on the random pictures thread. :P
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:58 am

I am always IN - can not wait for next year!!!!!

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:06 am

X-Thor wrote:Sorry if I seemed rude, I just hate that whole "those whores" things. Slut-shaming is never cool, people. :ugeek: :ugeek:

Also, you know, as metalheads we *know* what it is like to be judged (poorly) because of our appearance. We should not do that unto others.

While I'm generally *not* a fan of the words whore, slut, and so on - I think I understand how they are being used in this context. To boot, any gal who is gonna dress a certain way "in certain contexts* (like in the dining areas of the ship as I'm told some did) should realize that *a lot* of people are just gonna think they are attention whores & groupie sluts....they might as well have a sign hanging around their neck that says "hello, my name is ____, and I'm basically a piece of ass."

And before anyone screams "prude!", "you're just jealous!" - believe me when I say I am neither. I've been to nude beaches in the Greek Islands and areas of Club Med resorts that were specifically set aside for topless & nude sunbathing. So, again - it's about context. Same with sex for cryin' out loud! As others as said, you have a cabin for that. Yet, I suspect that most of these people are getting off on the fact they are doing it publicly. To that I say, f*ck off and go f*ck in your cabin.

/rant.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:14 am

Laura wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:Sorry if I seemed rude, I just hate that whole "those whores" things. Slut-shaming is never cool, people. :ugeek: :ugeek:

While I'm generally *not* a fan of the words whore, slut, and so on - I think I understand how they are being used in this context. To boot, any gal who is gonna dress a certain way "in certain contexts* (like in the dining areas of the ship as I'm told some did) should realize that *a lot* of people are just gonna think they are attention whores & groupie sluts....they might as well have a sign hanging around their neck that says "hello, my name is ____, and I'm basically a piece of ass."

And before anyone screams "prude!", "you're just jealous!" - believe me when I say I am neither. I've been to nude beaches in the Greek Islands and areas of Club Med resorts that were specifically set aside for topless & nude sunbathing. So, again - it's about context. Same with sex for cryin' out loud! As others as said, you have a cabin for that. Yet, I suspect that most of these people are getting off on the fact they are doing it publicly. To that I say, f*ck off and go f*ck in your cabin.

/rant.

The way I see it, as long as it's not actually hurting anyone, people can dress anyway they want to, and we should respect that. As far as having sex in front of everyone... Yeah, just go to your cabin or find a private area of the boat, I guess.

--
    MLH
    Crewman

by MLH » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:23 am

I'm pretty certain I'm out already due monetary reasons. Tho most likely I would find a new experience if i had money as it wasn't THAT good. Bands were decent at the end but there is only so much you can enjoy at cruise sober. Especially after u've done something like Sweden rock - drunk 24/7 ( too many too good bands every year that the standards are just so high plus drunk factor makes average gigs way better experience ). I think nowadays i can enjoy perhaps 20% of the bands live i used to when i was wasted.

I didn't really see much douche behavior when compared to basic festival. Considering ppl being packed for 4 days with tons of booze it was actually darn mellow. Oral and what not on festivals? I don't care, do it next to me if you want - wouldn't be the 1st time. for me it felt like there was too many "old" people on the boat. Too uptight and concerned about things that matter so little. People act like retards occasionally and everyone should know it but shit happens. All the craziness gives me energy and makes me enjoy the concerts more. Standing in crowd that barely seem to enjoy or go crazy is as big erection killer as stuffing your penis into a blender.

P.S. Symbolic Speedos, drunken sluts in minor clothing + death angel playing Heaven & Hell ( havent been following their live sets so it came out of the blue ) = cool & appreciated stuff. And before someone cries about the slut word and what not, don't worry i'm not judging people with active sex life or high confidence - just a fun word to use.
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:51 am

[/quote]

The way I see it, as long as it's not actually hurting anyone, people can dress anyway they want to, and we should respect that. As far as having sex in front of everyone... Yeah, just go to your cabin or find a private area of the boat, I guess.[/quote]

agreed but remember this is an all age thing and people from 61 countries are on it. People with different moral codes so people should understand and respect that and try to find some boundaries(if any was broken). BTW i would love to see the the sex on the pool....I have no moral code :boobs: :boobs: :boobs: .

It is easy to say..."F*** you" dont come because I want to do whatever i want to do. My freedom finishes when the freedom of the one besides me starts

I have no moral whatsoever(in this context: nudity, sex....) and probably I saw more small bikinis and near naked girls than most of the travellers. From Brazil, lived most of my life(46) near the beach and I was always a beach boy, but i try to respect others.

As for yourand your girlfriend costume on the last day I thought was cool...Reminded me of a brazilian holiday: São João!!!!(Saint John)
    metal4ever
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:09 pm

I just regret that I've never been single on this cruise.

I don't mind the way people dress -- again, we're on vacation, costumes are awesome, do your thing, blahblahblah -- but I certainly don't pay any attention to it.

I'm just more concerned with the people leaving glass bottles and stuff on the floor of the Chorus Line.

EDIT: No smoking in the Spectrum was STILL the best thing that happened this year.
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:03 pm

The simple solution to that would be to ban glass on the deck and in the stage areas.Have plenty of plastic cups available.If someone wants to go into those areas they have to pour the contents of the glass bottle they carry into plastic cup.
    This can be enforced by security at the doors to these areas.Security can either force them to pour it in or confiscate a bottle if spotted in the venue area.
    It's the safest way.Especially considering the kind of footwear a lot of people would be wearing.flipflops etc which give your feet virtually no protection against broken glass.
    Glass in general is banned in venues at most if not all European metal festival areas.I don't see why the cruise can't enforce the same rules.It's better for them in the long run for insurance reasons too.
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:09 pm

good idea
    metal4ever
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:47 pm

Ecliptica wrote:I just regret that I've never been single on this cruise.

I don't mind the way people dress -- again, we're on vacation, costumes are awesome, do your thing, blahblahblah -- but I certainly don't pay any attention to it.

I'm just more concerned with the people leaving glass bottles and stuff on the floor of the Chorus Line.

This.

I think enforcing a "no glass on deck" policy would be next to impossible, with the current security resources. So let's just not be dicks. :P

broegaard wrote:As for yourand your girlfriend costume on the last day I thought was cool...Reminded me of a brazilian holiday: São João!!!!(Saint John)

Thank you! It was actually a Mexican thing. Catrín and Catrina.

This is a Catrina:

--
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:29 pm

she neded more color, no?

My next tattoo will be a catrina
    metal4ever
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:23 pm

Ecliptica wrote:I just regret that I've never been single on this cruise.

EDIT: No smoking in the Spectrum was STILL the best thing that happened this year.

This is THE most NON Metal looking guy on the ship. It is why I have named him "ENCRYPTICA"!
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:45 pm

broegaard wrote:she neded more color, no?

Sounds like an awesome idea for a tattoo!

Yes, we added some color to that. Most "modern" catrín/catrina designs are more colorful. I guess it's because of the sugar skulls.

Man, Mexican traditions can be very metal.

--
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:37 am

This one time in Viking Crown Lounge I almost stood up from my chair and hit a woman. She came storming with a bottle of champagne, yelling for an attendant. Then she proceeded to yell at an attendant because apparently this woman got a bottle of champagne as a gift and wanted to change it for more expensive one. The more attendant tried to calm her and tell her she can't exchange it without receipt the more this woman yelled and demanded a manager. Worst five minutes of the cruise.
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    epartos
    Petty Officer

by epartos » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:44 am

Sluts aside... I am not going 2015, have a Dubai/Kenya trip planned for this autumn and that eats most of the traveling budget for 2014 and 2015, but I will sure as hell try to make it back in 2016!!
    Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Get these guys on the boat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKLKzE77YrM
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:36 am

X-Thor wrote:
    broegaard wrote:she neded more color, no?

Sounds like an awesome idea for a tattoo!

Yes, we added some color to that. Most "modern" catrín/catrina designs are more colorful. I guess it's because of the sugar skulls.

Man, Mexican traditions can be very metal.

Catrina + other stuff. Google Laura Juan(she will be my tattoo artist)
    metal4ever
    Roadrunner
    Oiler

by Roadrunner » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:19 pm

For 2015 - first see announcements... soooon.
    I think - IN
    2012 - Survivor Cabin 4083
    2013 - Survivor Cabin 8054
    2014 - Survivor Cabin 6044
    2015 - Survivor Cabin 7280
    2016 - Mr. Piller is still sleeping...
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:48 pm

The atmosphere is not changing. the cruise gets better. 2014 was one of my favorites of them all.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
    D.T. Metal
    Crewman

by D.T. Metal » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:53 pm

I don't know who wrote it somewhere above, but as one of the "OLD PEOPLE" :roll: I give my two cents as well.

First off, I could care less what people are wearing, at my age I have seen it all (or most at least) and the outfits (be it the dental floss or the speedo) didn't bother me in the least. BUT in the dining area's there should be some sort of clothing standard - PERIOD. Shoes, shirt, pants at the least - I remember last year they made Daniel put on his shirt but this year the waiters apparently didn't give a shit. I am totally indifferent about the costumes - they were fun to look at and I agree that Deborah and Hector were not only the cutest couple but also the ones with the most awesome ideas in regards of dressing up without going overboard. :deathhorns:

Some of the behavior is what bothered me this year. Yes, there are always some idiots but this year the amount of "party-goers" just seemed more. 70K is not like any other festival and the uniqueness is it's appeal. Yes, there are bands and yes there is drinking, but it's not like a regular festival. You won't stand knee deep in mud after it rained, you have the choice to be in an air-conditioned room if it gets to hot outside, you have the luxury of shitting in a normal toilet without hoovering and the list goes on and on. This is what's unique about 70K - partying and listening to bands in STYLE and comfort.

Not everyone get's the $666 cabins and a lot of people come from overseas and have to budget with flights and stuff as well. It's not like you drive a couple K's and pitch a tent. This is why it's disturbing to see that more and more people are treating 70K as JUST another festival to get drunk - and oh yes, there are bands in the background. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with getting drunk, but somehow this year it attracted some folks which are either new to the 70K concept or just don't give a shit anymore because the "novelty" of the event wore off.

I hate to see 70K become just another excuse to "let loose" since quite honestly, I can do this at home as well without spending shit tons of money on cabin, flight and pre/post cruise hotel. I hope since the Liberty of the Seas is a newer boat with somewhat better amenities the "exclusiveness" of the event will return.

In regards of smoking, and I am a smoker, I liked it that the Spectrum was non-smoking this year but figured that this "only on one side" policy at Boleros would not work. Why I have no idea. In the states you can't smoke in a venue and in most European countries neither - so why doesn't it sink in on the cruise? It's not that one would have to walk far away to have a cigarette.

As with 2015 - I will likely be there again and cover the event but mostly because it's a new ship.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:11 am

You are incredibly eloquent :)

Agree with all the above 1,000%

Except the whole 'will be there next year' bit :(

Basically even if we did it on the cheap the whole trip costs about $7k. Bit too much considering next year is a very unknown quantity with different boat, more fans, etc.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    markku1
    Chief Petty Officer

by markku1 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:48 am

D.T. Metal wrote:I don't know who wrote it somewhere above, but as one of the "OLD PEOPLE" :roll: I give my two cents as well.

First off, I could care less what people are wearing, at my age I have seen it all (or most at least) and the outfits (be it the dental floss or the speedo) didn't bother me in the least. BUT in the dining area's there should be some sort of clothing standard - PERIOD. Shoes, shirt, pants at the least - I remember last year they made Daniel put on his shirt but this year the waiters apparently didn't give a shit. I am totally indifferent about the costumes - they were fun to look at and I agree that Deborah and Hector were not only the cutest couple but also the ones with the most awesome ideas in regards of dressing up without going overboard. :deathhorns:

Some of the behavior is what bothered me this year. Yes, there are always some idiots but this year the amount of "party-goers" just seemed more. 70K is not like any other festival and the uniqueness is it's appeal. Yes, there are bands and yes there is drinking, but it's not like a regular festival. You won't stand knee deep in mud after it rained, you have the choice to be in an air-conditioned room if it gets to hot outside, you have the luxury of shitting in a normal toilet without hoovering and the list goes on and on. This is what's unique about 70K - partying and listening to bands in STYLE and comfort.

Not everyone get's the $666 cabins and a lot of people come from overseas and have to budget with flights and stuff as well. It's not like you drive a couple K's and pitch a tent. This is why it's disturbing to see that more and more people are treating 70K as JUST another festival to get drunk - and oh yes, there are bands in the background. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with getting drunk, but somehow this year it attracted some folks which are either new to the 70K concept or just don't give a shit anymore because the "novelty" of the event wore off.

I hate to see 70K become just another excuse to "let loose" since quite honestly, I can do this at home as well without spending shit tons of money on cabin, flight and pre/post cruise hotel. I hope since the Liberty of the Seas is a newer boat with somewhat better amenities the "exclusiveness" of the event will return.

In regards of smoking, and I am a smoker, I liked it that the Spectrum was non-smoking this year but figured that this "only on one side" policy at Boleros would not work. Why I have no idea. In the states you can't smoke in a venue and in most European countries neither - so why doesn't it sink in on the cruise? It's not that one would have to walk far away to have a cigarette.

As with 2015 - I will likely be there again and cover the event but mostly because it's a new ship.

good writing that's why I hope that cruise prices will rise next year,
    I think that it weeds out these (party goers)
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:59 am

But at the end of the day for most people the lineup is the major factor......

wait and see...

I almost guaranteed my spot. My brother already sent an email stating that he will save money for next year so I must go.....
    metal4ever
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:09 am

Winner: "Best First World Problem Thread Ever" Award

My Opinion;

Wearing a costume the entire cruise is pretty dumb. (Although it certainly cuts down on luggage and laundry).

Speedos and thongs in the dining room, also dumb not to mention bad hygiene. But by all means, feel free to look dumb if that's your schtick, just make sure your dumb ass is sanitary.

Sure can't wait till 2015 when some group of dummies will think it's awesome to run around like a pack of metal smurfs for the entire cruise, that would rule...

:cheers:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:21 am

D.T. Metal wrote:I don't know who wrote it somewhere above, but as one of the "OLD PEOPLE" :roll: I give my two cents as well.

This! All of this!

As for the party-goers thing, I would just add that I didn't notice any of the things that happened. I found out about them after the cruise while talking to other cruisers. So my "two-cents" would be that even though there are more "party-people" on the boat, you can still have a "regular" (i.e. FUCKING AWESOME) 70K experience...

--
    ArlequinA
    Petty Officer

by ArlequinA » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:26 am

broegaard wrote:
    As for yourand your girlfriend costume on the last day I thought was cool...Reminded me of a brazilian holiday: São João!!!!(Saint John)

SÃO JOÃO???? Lol! =p

but thank you!! :)
    Korpiklaani | Alestorm | Cruachan | Adorned Brood | Vintersorg | Einherjer | Metsatöll | Diablo Swing Orchestra | Therion | Haggard | Kultur Shock | Orphaned Land | Moonspell | Twisted Sister | Blind Guardian | Lacrimosa | In Extremo | Andre Matos