Post Reply 385 posts
What bands can be ruled out for 2015?
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: What bands can be ruled out for 2015?

by Azazel101 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:11 am

Had Andy/UMC failed us yet?
    No!!!
    I would like to know the rest of the bands myself but he is doing well with what he is doing and I hope this shit prevails as I will do it again!!!
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:36 am

Azazel101 wrote:he is doing well with what he is doing

No he is not. I cannot think of any other serious festival in the world which has 50% of its lineup left to be announced less than two months before it starts.
    Wishlist:
    ALLEGAEON--Amaranthe--Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Epica--Fleshgod-Apocalypse--Fractal.Gates--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--HELLOWEEN.REUNION--In.Vain--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--MOONSORROW--MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST--NE.OBLIVISCARIS--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--Onslaught--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Power.Quest--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--Therion--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Witherscape

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:18 am

cowboy71 wrote:Stoverkill posted this on Facebook:
    Andy is off somewhere (europe I guess) trying to get the last names on the dotted line.

Castroh wrote:Starkill [said] "someone at UMC" told them that the lineup was already full for 2015, so they'll probably be on in 2016.

In summary :
    - once again, we have different news from every one,
    - "once again" meaning that "personnal problems" last year might just have been lies because they start to do the same, 2 monthes before the departure now
    - The facebook posts even add for this bad feeling : someone is alive but is making upsetting posts. In french it would be "ils se foutent de notre gueule".

So "once again" will just not be for me next year. I'm fed up with 1) being taken for an idiot 2) my complaints not have been heard.
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:36 am

Castroh wrote:"someone at UMC" told them that the lineup was already full for 2015.

Maybe the "big surprise" they talk about is that this year every band gets to play 4 times :metalguy: :metalguy:
    Wishlist:
    ALLEGAEON--Amaranthe--Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Epica--Fleshgod-Apocalypse--Fractal.Gates--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--HELLOWEEN.REUNION--In.Vain--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--MOONSORROW--MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST--NE.OBLIVISCARIS--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--Onslaught--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Power.Quest--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--Therion--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Witherscape

• Jotunheimr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jotunheimr » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:44 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Castroh wrote:"someone at UMC" told them that the lineup was already full for 2015.

Maybe the "big surprise" they talk about is that this year every band gets to play 4 times :metalguy: :metalguy:

Bands playing 24 hours a day! Sleep is for the weak.
    2020 Wishlist: Borknagar-/-Finntroll-/-Haggard-/-Kampfar-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Moonsorrow-/-Savatage-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas
    Shelton
    Crewman

by Shelton » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:53 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Azazel101 wrote:he is doing well with what he is doing

No he is not. I cannot think of any other serious festival in the world which has 50% of its lineup left to be announced less than two months before it starts.

In Australia we have this festival called Soundwave. Mostly alternative rock, but there's a few big metal names that play each year. That's in February and they still have a 2nd and 3rd announcement to make. So that's less than 50% of the bands so far and 3 months out.

That might explain why I'm a little more relaxed about these announcements (and frankly a little surprised that I could still buy tickets for this in November)
    Wishlist - Sabaton, Turisas, Tyr, Within Temptation
    2015 - Cabin #7234
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:58 am

Great we have found a 2nd festival with late anouncements.
    Now name all the festivals where you know the rooster , let's say, 2 monthes before (idea from nowhere), and compare.
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    surfslamdive
    Oiler

by surfslamdive » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:13 am

Based on what I've read it seems like there's at least one other person (other than myself) on the forum that lives in Vancouver. The UMC office is in Vancouver. I suppose someone could walk in one day and ask about the delays etc? Of course I'm not sure how much the staff would appreciate that...
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:19 am

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:Great we have found a 2nd festival with late anouncements.
    Now name all the festivals where you know the rooster , let's say, 2 monthes before (idea from nowhere), and compare.

At this point we all know what we're getting from UMC and what we're not.

The negative side is that they won't let us know the bands with enough anticipation. The "warm-up" for the festival is absolutely disastrous, with long periods of "substantial silence" and games they start but don't continue, like the "where is the boat" thingie.

The positive side is pretty much everything else.

UMC has made it very clear that no matter how much we complain, we can only wait for the announcements. They will come. Later than they should, for sure, but they will. Some of us have explained several times that we would like to know the bands with more time, and still nothing changes, so at this point it's pretty much a "take it or leave it" from UMC. I take it. Which doesn't mean I'm not pissed with UMC. But still, the final experience is just too good.
    Wishlist:

FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:21 am

bodomdragon wrote:But still, the final experience is just too good.
    That's true, indeed. And, knowing that UMC just rely on this just pisses me off. Don't forget they don't make any more videos too.
  • Jotunheimr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jotunheimr » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:33 am

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:But still, the final experience is just too good.
    That's true, indeed. And, knowing that UMC just rely on this just pisses me off. Don't forget they don't make any more videos too.

It's a relief knowing Andy always delivers in the end but frustrating not having enough time to check out music from the bands that will be onbroad.
    2020 Wishlist: Borknagar-/-Finntroll-/-Haggard-/-Kampfar-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Moonsorrow-/-Savatage-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:35 am

70K just isn't the normal type of festival. it's a one of a kind
    normal festivals in europe like graspop / hellfest etc. all have to get quite a lineup to get people (expect for wacken off course)
    70K doesn't need that. especially after the first cruise
    didn't we all talked about everyone how freaking awesome it was? (even then the line up didn't came as fast)
    second cruise was a no-brainer for me

that being said
    we still need some people to bitch about stuff to keep andy on his toes
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:55 pm

surfslamdive wrote:...there's at least one other person (other than myself) on the forum that lives in Vancouver.

I'd say there's actually about 25 or more cruise vets living in Van. Only about half a dozen that post here anymore though :cry:

Before the first cruise, I went looking for UMC at the downtown address and it was an apartment building so I assumed it was a private office and that the main office was at the Burnaby location. I made what I thought was a comical post about having gone looking for the office only to find a tin can nailed to a post or something like that and very soon afterward received a rather unhappy PM from the mods asking me to remove it so I did. This was back when many still thought he cruise itself might be a complete scam/hoax so I understood their reaction.

I wonder if that can is still there though ;)
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:00 pm

bodomdragon wrote:...so at this point it's pretty much a "take it or leave it" from UMC. I take it. Which doesn't mean I'm not pissed with UMC. But still, the final experience is just too good.

I wouldn't mind at all if Andy or someone from UMC just came out and said, "Take it or leave it. This is how we roll!"

But to make stupid declarations/promises of change with excuses and weird explanations about why things were done that way and then just to continue the same way the following year is just wrong in so many ways as illustrated by so many frustrated cruisers. It makes no sense and likely never will. I'm a big fan of logic but sometimes life just forbids it :evil:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    surfslamdive
    Oiler

by surfslamdive » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:05 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    surfslamdive wrote:...there's at least one other person (other than myself) on the forum that lives in Vancouver.

I'd say there's actually about 25 or more cruise vets living in Van. Only about half a dozen that post here anymore though :cry:

Before the first cruise, I went looking for UMC at the downtown address and it was an apartment building so I assumed it was a private office and that the main office was at the Burnaby location. I made what I thought was a comical post about having gone looking for the office only to find a tin can nailed to a post or something like that and very soon afterward received a rather unhappy PM from the mods asking me to remove it so I did. This was back when many still thought he cruise itself might be a complete scam/hoax so I understood their reaction.

I wonder if that can is still there though ;)

Whoa that's a lot more vets in Vancouver than I'd thought. I'd consider myself to be what I refer to as a "heavy metal regular" (i.e. am often seen at metal shows here) and am curious as to how many other people I walk past at shows are cruise vets.

I took a look at the website and address and looking at Google Maps unless I'm wrong it looks like a small office space if anything. If that's the case then perhaps there are far fewer people working on booking than people might think which might be a reason why there are such delays in getting announcements.

Either way with this many bands on the lineup (even if half are not announced) how can you not have fun and not have bands you want to see?
  • Jotunheimr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jotunheimr » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:11 am

Metal Church just cancelled their appearance at Maryland Deathfest because they're still without a singer. I would count that as ruled out for 70k as well.
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:16 am

Jotunheimr wrote:Metal Church just cancelled their appearance at Maryland Deathfest because they're still without a singer. I would count that as ruled out for 70k as well.

Angra had no singer until two weeks before the cruise, when they invited Fabio Lione to sing with them, there's still hope :deathhorns:
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019- :(
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
  • Jotunheimr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jotunheimr » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:21 am

Mr.Kito wrote:
    Jotunheimr wrote:Metal Church just cancelled their appearance at Maryland Deathfest because they're still without a singer. I would count that as ruled out for 70k as well.

Angra had no singer until two weeks before the cruise, when they invited Fabio Lione to sing with them, there's still hope :deathhorns:

But 70k is well before MDF 2015. If they can't find one in time for MDF, then they definitely won't find one in time for 70k.
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:34 am

Jotunheimr wrote:But 70k is well before MDF 2015. If they can't find one in time for MDF, then they definitely won't find one in time for 70k.

Not that I care much, but they could go with a session singer if they are already internally confirmed.

Yeah, I know, same thing could apply for MDF.
    Wishlist:

Rusalka
    Oiler

by Rusalka » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:24 pm

Don't know if anyone mentioned it before me (I've searched through the last 4 pages), but, as much as it pains me to write this, we can rule out Agathodaimon, for more than one reason and the main is - they've split up. There goes my 10 year long wish to see them live :cry:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:23 pm

Marduk can be officially ruled out - dates scheduled in Japan during the cruise.

Blues Pills can be ruled out too - date scheduled in Greece during the cruise.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:47 pm

Rusalka wrote:Don't know if anyone mentioned it before me (I've searched through the last 4 pages), but, as much as it pains me to write this, we can rule out Agathodaimon, for more than one reason and the main is - they've split up. There goes my 10 year long wish to see them live :cry:

I would have enjoyed them, too
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:37 pm

Saw Exodus/ Suicidal Tendencies/ Slayer tonight. I know Slayer is extremely unlikely, but have the other 2 been ruled out? How about Misery Index or Vital Remains?
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:22 pm

Rusalka wrote:Don't know if anyone mentioned it before me (I've searched through the last 4 pages), but, as much as it pains me to write this, we can rule out Agathodaimon, for more than one reason and the main is - they've split up. There goes my 10 year long wish to see them live :cry:

SPECIAL AGATHODAIMON REUNION SHOW! 70K TONS EXCLUSIVE! :lol: :lol:

Dangit, I love that band. I've lost count of how many times I've started off our metal radio show with "Cellos for the Insatiable."
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    D.T. Metal
    Crewman

by D.T. Metal » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:34 pm

Someone mentioned this in another thread - Morbid Angel can be ruled out. Not because they don't like cruises, but rather because David will be at NAMM.

As a matter of fact ANY band whose member/s are going to NAMM can be ruled out - so this also includes Testament since Alex is performing in LA
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:58 pm

D.T. Metal wrote:Someone mentioned this in another thread - Morbid Angel can be ruled out. Not because they don't like cruises, but rather because David will be at NAMM.

As a matter of fact ANY band whose member/s are going to NAMM can be ruled out - so this also includes Testament since Alex is performing in LA

Added MA and Testament to the ever-growing list in the first post.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
  • Jotunheimr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jotunheimr » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:14 pm

D.T. Metal wrote:Someone mentioned this in another thread - Morbid Angel can be ruled out. Not because they don't like cruises, but rather because David will be at NAMM.

Bummer about Testament. I wonder if it's possible for them to arrange for a replacement.
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:10 am

Xandria has gigs during the cruise, so that rules Ex Libris out.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Ihsahn-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Abinchova-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Elvenking-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Grave.Digger-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Izegrim-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kivimetsän.Druidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-SuidAkrA-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-U.D.O.-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:40 pm

Speedy wrote:Xandria has gigs during the cruise, so that rules Ex Libris out.

I know. That sucks :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:28 pm

I was so confused as to how Xandria had anything to do with Exlibris but then I realized that I was thinking about the Polish power metal band Exlibris (not the Dutch 'Ex Libris').

The Polish band is a million times better and absolutely on my wish list, for what it's worth. Their vocalist is one of the best out there right now.
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:07 am

Ecliptica wrote:

I was so confused as to how Xandria had anything to do with Exlibris but then I realized that I was thinking about the Polish power metal band Exlibris (not the Dutch 'Ex Libris').

The Polish band is a million times better and absolutely on my wish list, for what it's worth. Their vocalist is one of the best out there right now.

You made me check on them and yeah, they're good!! Too bad they basically play shows in Poland.

But if I had to choose one Polish power metal band, that would still be Pathfinder.
    Wishlist:

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:24 am

HELL YES!!!

Would love to see Pathfinder on broad !!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:29 am

cowboy71 wrote:HELL YES!!!

Would love to see Pathfinder on broad !!

Absolutely. Saw them once in Belgium and they kicked serious ass. They have a small but GREAT discography.
    Wishlist:

Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:47 am

doesn't say anything for 70K
    remember unleased?
    singer couldn't/wouldn't go beceause his kid was to young

they still went and asked some other singers to stand in
    i can remember a very, very good performance of pat (swashbuckle) with "the longships are coming"
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:04 am

If Metal Church was considering a replacement singer, I don't think they would've cancelled their MDF gig. There's a lot more time to find a suitable singer for that festival than 70k, and I would imagine them getting paid more for the MDF gig too (no expensive cruise costs eating their pay). So the MDF cancellation makes them really, really unlikely to be on 70k.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:10 pm

We can definitively say good bye to Running Wild, here is what you can see on the wacken page : Image
    manamachine
    Crewman

by manamachine » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:59 pm

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:We can definitively say good bye to Running Wild, here is what you can see on the wacken page : Image

Too bad. :/ But that does narrow the choices for that Hamburg announcement...whenever we see it.
    Wishlist:
    All the power/symphonic/thrash.
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:22 pm

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:We can definitively say good bye to Running Wild, here is what you can see on the wacken page : Image

Bummer :/
    70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:13 am

Powerwolf will enter studios in january
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:44 am

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:Powerwolf will enter studios in january

Indeed.

"The recordings will begin in early January and will keep us busy until March. "

Makes the chances of them being on 70k pretty slim.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • Post Reply 385 posts