Post Reply 555 posts
70k 2015 Lineup Predictions/Rumours
  • Mr. HCI
    Crewman

Re: 70k 2015 Lineup Predictions/Rumours

by Mr. HCI » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:16 pm

That sucks. I was looking forward to talking to those guys; they're practically from my home town. Strangely, they aren't playing the Denver show later in the year either, which is strange because their drummer lives here.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:17 pm

Soulfly have a Mexican tour starting Feb 8th.

Could be a chance.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:47 pm

I hope not.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Saor-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Numenorean-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:49 pm

Soulfly would be killer.not that I am looking for any other bands too watch this yeat
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:02 am

At the Gates and Sonata Arctica have both cancelled shows before the cruise. At the Gates cancelled all remaining Italy shows, Sonata their show in Estonia (Sonata provided the reason, due to circumstances out of their control, AtG provided none).

Not sure if it helps, but it probably can't hurt. :beerwink:
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Gonna take a lot to get me back next year.
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:16 am

If Sonata Arctica are onbroad, I really hope they perform at least one Ecliptica show. I used to like them back in the time but their latest albums are awful imo.
    Wishlist:
    ALLEGAEON--Amaranthe--Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Epica--Fleshgod-Apocalypse--Fractal.Gates--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--HELLOWEEN.REUNION--In.Vain--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--MOONSORROW--MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST--NE.OBLIVISCARIS--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--Onslaught--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Power.Quest--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--Therion--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Witherscape

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:19 am

bodomdragon wrote:If Sonata Arctica are onbroad, I really hope they perform at least one Ecliptica show. I used to like them back in the time but their latest albums are awful imo.

Yeah I agree with you. I would check out a set in hopes of hearing Destruction Preventer and Don't Say a Word, played in their old style. Someone said that the Ecliptica Revisited stuff took away the magic. Not the same without Jani I guess...
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:26 am

I'd say, if anything, the AtG cancellation makes it highly unlikely they'd be onbroad. They had a nice 70k sized gap in their schedule already, so there has to be something behind the scenes that caused the cancellation.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:28 am

Phoenix wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:If Sonata Arctica are onbroad, I really hope they perform at least one Ecliptica show. I used to like them back in the time but their latest albums are awful imo.

Yeah I agree with you. I would check out a set in hopes of hearing Destruction Preventer and Don't Say a Word, played in their old style. Someone said that the Ecliptica Revisited stuff took away the magic. Not the same without Jani I guess...

I haven't paid too much attention to the remastered version. Anyway, Ecliptica is Ecliptica, and if they're onbroad and play it in its entirety that's a cruise highlight for me. :headbanger:
    Wishlist:
    ALLEGAEON--Amaranthe--Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Epica--Fleshgod-Apocalypse--Fractal.Gates--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--HELLOWEEN.REUNION--In.Vain--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--MOONSORROW--MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST--NE.OBLIVISCARIS--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--Onslaught--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Power.Quest--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--Therion--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Witherscape

• Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:30 am

Memnoch wrote:I'd say, if anything, the AtG cancellation makes it highly unlikely they'd be onbroad. They had a nice 70k sized gap in their schedule already, so there has to be something behind the scenes that caused the cancellation.

This was my first instinct as well, but then someone in the FB group pointed out that it would be easy to add "one of the band members is sick" if that was the problem. But if it was an issue with the Italian promoter, then they wouldn't bring it up. And it was every last Italian show, and JUST the Italian shows, so...

Look, I'm being optimistic. I'd love to catch a set of At the Gates :metalguy:

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:41 am

Hey, I'm trying to be optimistic too. I'm optimistic there's a good reason they cancelled the shows AND can't make it to 70k. :mrgreen:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    ironhorse
    Petty Officer

by ironhorse » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:55 am

Did anyone else notice the Westfield Massacre new tour dates with a 70K sized gap near the beginning, just saying?

What's this talk about ATG not playing? This would break my metal heart
    Revenge is a meal best served cold

BOLT THROWER FOR 2015
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:04 am

it's a shame that we have to talk about Predictions/Rumours 8 Days before Departure....
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - yes

www.lalasreisen.de
  • Mr. HCI
    Crewman

by Mr. HCI » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:13 am

Lala wrote:it's a shame that we have to talk about Predictions/Rumours 8 Days before Departure....

^^THIS^^. Unglaublich.

Though the latest announcement makes me giddy. Us old guys need metal, too!
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:14 am

Lala wrote:it's a shame that we have to talk about Predictions/Rumours 8 Days before Departure....

So damn right.
    Wishlist:

gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:18 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:

I haven't paid too much attention to the remastered version. Anyway, Ecliptica is Ecliptica, and if they're onbroad and play it in its entirety that's a cruise highlight for me. :headbanger:

Except Ecliptica Revisited is NOT Ecliptica... But one can always hope.
    70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:20 am

Agreed.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vektor-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:54 am

It will be the same next year and even worse, the next poll have to be "what will be the main reason the anouncements were fucked up ?"
    - non-existent personnal problems
    - umc don't give a fuck
    - andy don't give a fuck
    choose your side !!!
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm

On a side note ,What do people who go to Meet and Greets do?2012 was fine I had maybe 12 different band's cds to sign and did about 8 of them ,due to schedule conflicts.In 2013 I took a lot of rumored band cds and (left on the Friday before ) and none of those appeared.2014 I gave up guessing and only one band did I not have because they where announced after I left.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:20 pm

- For BTH i've taken Immortal (mostly for Horgh who wasn't there after al) and I don't remember the rest.
    - Last year It really annoyed me -well fucked me- that Terrorizer with Pete Sandoval was anounced the day before; i only had 4CDs and have beein a die hard morbid angel fan it was really ashamed. And knowing there was the monstrosity guy with him made things even worse.
    I will take some CDs but I still don't know which bands. Gamma Ray, Rhapsody of fire for sure but 1 LP of each only. The rest I fuckin' don't know and I hate this situation. Probably 1CD of eath band ever been on the cruise, and 1 or 2LPs of floridian death metal bands.
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:35 pm

A group like Gamma Ray should not be announced so late because many fans want to take cds or even large stuff like album jackets etc.Really bad way to treat people who enjoy meet and greets.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:38 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:A group like Gamma Ray should not be announced so late because many fans want to take cds or even large stuff like album jackets etc.Really bad way to treat people who enjoy meet and greets.

Yeah - I'm hopeful that a large proportion of the remaining bands will be announced before I leave in 2 days. But unlikely.

So like others I might take a CD slick or two of the rumoured bands that I like (Rhapsody, Sonata, Gamma Ray) and a couple of hopefuls (Magnum, Amaranthe) and hope for the best.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:44 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:A group like Gamma Ray should not be announced so late because many fans want to take cds or even large stuff like album jackets etc.Really bad way to treat people who enjoy meet and greets.

Yeah - I'm hopeful that a large proportion of the remaining bands will be announced before I leave in 2 days. But unlikely.

So like others I might take a CD slick or two of the rumoured bands that I like (Rhapsody, Sonata, Gamma Ray) and a couple of hopefuls (Magnum, Amaranthe) and hope for the best.

And I may add the fact that friends might want something special signed and you can not help them either.Not being able to buy a CD or 2ahead of times sucks also.Seeing Trouble added so llate ,a band with many old school fans who have albums, continues to amaze me.
    Last edited by deathmetalpat on Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:45 pm

I don't. I had same hopes (Ecliptica/Silence show) when they were onbroad 2012 (I think) and all I got was new songs, Tony yodeling (yes, he was fucking YODELING between songs) and Tony telling lame jokes (including "why did the chicken cross the road?"). For me, Sonata Arctica is, and forever will be Ecliptica and Silence. Everything after that is non-existent. Mostly because Tony's voice changed, he himself said it before that he can't hit those high notes anymore. Even if they do end up onbroad and play Ecliptica, I have a feeling it will be a watered down version of a classic. :?
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:37 pm

Hello everyone! I would love for either Goatwhore or Meshuggah to get on this boat! amongst other bands. Jamming the newest 1349 right now... it's killer!!! :death:

:shred: :shred: :shred:

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:15 am

Just to tell that, among the 15names we will get a band with James Riveira (he's on sabbath bloody sabbathh on the pre-party). Kvlt ov azazel (from fort lauderdale) are "co headlining" , meaning we will get them also ?
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:27 pm

Megora ,they have an album coming out on 23th of January,how did we forgot this.Oh wait their Facebook page has about 500 likes lol.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:30 pm

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:Just to tell that, among the 15names we will get a band with James Riveira (he's on sabbath bloody sabbathh on the pre-party). Kvlt ov azazel (from fort lauderdale) are "co headlining" , meaning we will get them also ?

Donn said there is a contractual provision from 70K that bands cannot play within 100 miles of Miami 1 month before or after the cruise unless they are in the middle of a US tour.

So Kvlt ov azazel and Sabbath Judas Sabbath are definitely out (but one of James' other bands would be a possibility).

Also Claim The Throne would still be a chance as they are in the middle of a tour.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:31 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:Megora ,they have an album coming out on 23th of January,how did we forgot this.Oh wait their Facebook page has about 500 likes lol.

Well they were on the second cruise so always a chance.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:49 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:Megora ,they have an album coming out on 23th of January,how did we forgot this.Oh wait their Facebook page has about 500 likes lol.

Don't forget bass player is co-founder of UMC and the date of release was timed for cruise .They will be on the boat, that is for sure.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:53 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

Don't forget bass player is co-founder of UMC and the date of release was timed for cruise .They will be on the boat, that is for sure.

Very VERY good point!

I'd forgotten that fact - I think we can practically lock that one in :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:06 pm

cowboy71 wrote:

But what is the point to not announce a small band like that? If they are on the cruise, i will prefer to see a band i know and saw millions of times like Cannibal Corpse, over that small band i never heard the name before. And back home, ill check them, and i can regret my choice. And that band will get less spectator, wont sell merch. I just can't understand.

Maybe its 15 big names. Nightwish, Eluveitie, At The Gates, Deicide, Slayer, Rhaposdy, Gamma Ray, Emperor, Immortal... Bands that almost no one need to discover.
    For The Horde!
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:11 pm

ANTIKRISS wrote:Maybe its 15 big names. Nightwish, Eluveitie, At The Gates, Deicide, Slayer, Rhaposdy, Gamma Ray... Bands that almost no one need to discover.

If it's all just heavy hitters, that would be fucking awesome. But I would like those shortly so I can pack stuff to get signed BEFORE I LEAVE.

Mind you, I don't leave until the night of the 20th, so I have more time than most, BUT STILL.

Also please Eluveitie. I will probably have a moment close to ShoreSlayer's Trouble times.

ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:14 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    ANTIKRISS wrote:Maybe its 15 big names. Nightwish, Eluveitie, At The Gates, Deicide, Slayer, Rhaposdy, Gamma Ray... Bands that almost no one need to discover.

If it's all just heavy hitters, that would be fucking awesome. But I would like those shortly so I can pack stuff to get signed BEFORE I LEAVE.

Mind you, I don't leave until the night of the 20th, so I have more time than most, BUT STILL.

Also please Eluveitie. I will probably have a moment close to ShoreSlayer's Trouble times.

Almost all my stuff is already signed, i wont bring stuff on the cruise. No time to loose to do line up to get stuff signed. Where i live its easy to meet the bands, and a lot of bands are comming here. But it sucks for ppl who dont see a lot of concert that wont be able to bring cds to get signed
    For The Horde!
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:16 pm

Until Andy no longer has the "best boat in town", he can (and does) do exactly what he wants.
    GregoryOfTheNorth
    Crewman

by GregoryOfTheNorth » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:20 pm

ANTIKRISS wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

But what is the point to not announce a small band like that? If they are on the cruise, i will prefer to see a band i know and saw millions of times like Cannibal Corpse, over that small band i never heard the name before. And back home, ill check them, and i can regret my choice. And that band will get less spectator, wont sell merch. I just can't understand.

Maybe its 15 big names. Nightwish, Eluveitie, At The Gates, Deicide, Slayer, Rhaposdy, Gamma Ray, Emperor, Immortal... Bands that almost no one need to discover.

Can't be 15 big names. We got the "first 4" contenders for the Cripper Award - which, by necessity, indicates that there will be more contenders for said Award to be announced. I will say 5 more fillers, 5 who-cares, then 5 real announcements to save his bacon and make people re-book for next year.

The problem is that the big names at the last minute prevents me from bringing stuff to sign, so that strategy fails for me.
    2011#4512
    2012#5535
    2013#2597
    2014#6043
    2015#2546
    2016#9597
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:20 pm

ANTIKRISS wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

Smaller bands are always announced late,Megora hasn't had an album in 18 years and they have posted conflicting dates for the release.Their page http://www.megora.com/ states 23 January but their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/megora.metal?fref=ts states 13 Febuary.Facebook post of last 70k performance sticks out also.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:34 pm

Adding Megora would do something I thought impossible, booking a band on the cruise that I had less interest in than Trollfest.

That would be the worst possible repeat from 2012.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vektor-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • Mr. HCI
    Crewman

by Mr. HCI » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:47 pm

I may be a FNG, but I don't get this business model at all.

For the last four years I've wanted to go on this cruise but I knew I couldn't afford it, so I never looked at the forums, etc. This year I finally booked (only 2 weeks ago!) and came here to these forums to get myself familiarized with the way things happen on the boat.

Wow, I am surprised, to say the least. Baffled would be more accurate, actually.

Now, I'm just theorizing here, but as I see it there are three likely scenarios for why the announcements are so late/slow:

1) THE GOOD: There are a bunch of heavy hitters coming our way.
    --MAKES SENSE BECAUSE: No need for an early announcement because everyone is already familiar with them.
    --MAKES NO SENSE BECAUSE: Announcing these bands early would ensure an early sell-out, which would (I assume) be UMC's wet dream.

2) THE BAD: There's a bunch of filler coming.
    --MAKES SENSE BECAUSE: Announcing these bands won't impact bookings in any meaningful way.
    --MAKES NO SENSE BECAUSE: These bands are exactly the ones that need the exposure, meaning that they would prefer to be announced early so that fans/potential fans can familiarize themselves with their music.

3) THE UGLY: UMC has no firm contracts with any other bands, and is scrambling at the last minute.
    --MAKES SENSE BECAUSE: All the evidence points to an "organization" that is pulling shit out of its ass at the last minute.
    --MAKES NO SENSE BECAUSE: Everyone says "this is the way it always is every year; don't worry."

Like I said, I'm just a newbie so I may be way off base with any of this. But damn it all, this is a hell of a way to run this show, and it's borderline insulting to the customers.

Am I still excited? Yes. Am I going to have a great time? Yes. I will reserve my final judgement until after the cruise. But there's something very, very wrong with a promoter who sells a show which promises 60 bands but seemingly has a hard time delivering on that promise. Then again, there's something very, very wrong with anyone who pays several thousand dollars to go see some unknown quantity of unnamed bands. So there's that.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:30 pm

You may be new here but you have the wisdom of an elder :)

Agree 100% with everything you said.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
Post Reply 555 posts