Post Reply 555 posts
70k 2015 Lineup Predictions/Rumours
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

Re: 70k 2015 Lineup Predictions/Rumours

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:48 pm

Mr. HCI wrote:I may be a FNG, but I don't get this business model at all.

For the last four years I've wanted to go on this cruise but I knew I couldn't afford it, so I never looked at the forums, etc. This year I finally booked (only 2 weeks ago!) and came here to these forums to get myself familiarized with the way things happen on the boat.

Wow, I am surprised, to say the least. Baffled would be more accurate, actually.

Now, I'm just theorizing here, but as I see it there are three likely scenarios for why the announcements are so late/slow:

1) THE GOOD: There are a bunch of heavy hitters coming our way.
    --MAKES SENSE BECAUSE: No need for an early announcement because everyone is already familiar with them.
    --MAKES NO SENSE BECAUSE: Announcing these bands early would ensure an early sell-out, which would (I assume) be UMC's wet dream.

2) THE BAD: There's a bunch of filler coming.
    --MAKES SENSE BECAUSE: Announcing these bands won't impact bookings in any meaningful way.
    --MAKES NO SENSE BECAUSE: These bands are exactly the ones that need the exposure, meaning that they would prefer to be announced early so that fans/potential fans can familiarize themselves with their music.

3) THE UGLY: UMC has no firm contracts with any other bands, and is scrambling at the last minute.
    --MAKES SENSE BECAUSE: All the evidence points to an "organization" that is pulling shit out of its ass at the last minute.
    --MAKES NO SENSE BECAUSE: Everyone says "this is the way it always is every year; don't worry."

Like I said, I'm just a newbie so I may be way off base with any of this. But damn it all, this is a hell of a way to run this show, and it's borderline insulting to the customers.

Am I still excited? Yes. Am I going to have a great time? Yes. I will reserve my final judgement until after the cruise. But there's something very, very wrong with a promoter who sells a show which promises 60 bands but seemingly has a hard time delivering on that promise. Then again, there's something very, very wrong with anyone who pays several thousand dollars to go see some unknown quantity of unnamed bands. So there's that.
    #1 Well no, but you are FNG #2 is most likely because he has always meet the number of bands promised but #3 maybe this year because new ship equals more problems.The logistics of putting this together might have overwhelmed them ,I can see other problems coming also.Putting together 4 New stages at a new port on a new ship has epic snowstorm of epic proportions written all over it.This year is truly an experiment by people who might be a bit over confident.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:53 pm

Very good points.

what is fng?
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:56 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Very good points.

what is fng?
    Fucking New guy,guessing this person has been in the US military at one point.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:57 pm

Or plays video games lol
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:23 pm

Thanks for clarification!
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • Mr. HCI
    Crewman

by Mr. HCI » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:39 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:Very good points.

what is fng?
    Fucking New guy,guessing this person has been in the US military at one point.

Nope, your second guess (video games) was closer.. we actually used to use this when playing D&D with a new player.

You are right, the challenges of bigger boat/more bands/4 stages are a logistical shitstorm.

Ah well, it'll be a blast in any case. Here's to hoping for the best! :whisky:
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:55 am

I don't mean to be a spammer but I posted this on the main thread and it's a prediction, so here it goes:

Before last announcement we had 15 bands left, and surprisingly the suitcase from the last announcement has 15 flags. Six of these flags belonged to bands from the announcement itself: ANVIL from Canada, THE HATE COLONY from Norway, GAMA BOMB from Ireland, SUBORNED from Switzerland, CLAIM THE THRONE from Australia and MONSTROSITY from USA. That leaves 9 flags left and 9 bands still to be announced. So yeah, I'm guessing we'll get one band from each of these flags, being my guess - with a lot of wishful thinking:

Sweden - At The Gates (heavily rumored)
    England - Sylosis (some rumors)
    Denmark - Mercenary (please??)
    Israel - Amaseffer or Arafel (pure guess)
    Colombia - Nova Orbis (not a single clue so random guess) - Although might be Masacre from the previous suitcase
    Belgium - Aborted (random guess)
    Finland - Sonata Arctica (heavily rumored)
    Poland - Pathfinder (please??)
    Germany - Gamma Ray (rumored) - Although might be Abandon Hope from the previous suitcase
    Wishlist:
    ALLEGAEON--Amaranthe--Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Epica--Fleshgod-Apocalypse--Fractal.Gates--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--HELLOWEEN.REUNION--In.Vain--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--MOONSORROW--MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST--NE.OBLIVISCARIS--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--Onslaught--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Power.Quest--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--Therion--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Witherscape

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:24 am

If the whole flag thing is not a clue, these are what I perceive as the most plausible of the remaining predictions. 11 to give us 62.

Amaranthe - said "maybe next year" when asked about 2014
    At The Gates - have a very 70k-sized gap in their busy tour schedule
    Eluveitie - start tour of Europe shortly after cruise
    Gamma Ray - Numerous people told they will be on broad
    Kampfar - cruiser heard at Summer Breeze they were booked
    Magnum - just because I want it to happen and it would make me happy
    Moonsorrow - told a cruiser they would be on broad
    Morgoth - told a cruiser they would be on broad
    Rhapsody Of Fire - pure speculation (UPDATE - "on board for sure" according to one cruiser)
    The Sirens - touring shortly after cruise.
    Sonata Arctica - wanted to be on 2014 but "the promoter went missing"
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:37 am

cowboy71 wrote:If the whole flag thing is not a clue, these are what I perceive as the most plausible of the remaining predictions. 11 to give us 62.

Amaranthe - said "maybe next year" when asked about 2014
    Eluveitie - start tour of Europe shortly after cruise
    Magnum - just because I want it to happen and it would make me happy
    Rhapsody Of Fire - pure speculation (UPDATE - "on board for sure" according to one cruiser)
    The Sirens - touring shortly after cruise.
    Sonata Arctica - wanted to be on 2014 but "the promoter went missing"

As good as this list sounds, I'm quite sure we'll get more fillers than we'd like to ;)
    Wishlist:
    ALLEGAEON--Amaranthe--Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Epica--Fleshgod-Apocalypse--Fractal.Gates--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--HELLOWEEN.REUNION--In.Vain--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--MOONSORROW--MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST--NE.OBLIVISCARIS--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--Onslaught--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Power.Quest--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--Therion--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Witherscape

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:57 am

I'm fairly sure Solstice (the Miami based one) will be onbroad.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:12 am

Just wishful thinking on my behalf :(

In reality we'll get one or two of these - probably the brutal ones :( - a few unknowns, and a few florida death metal bands.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:13 am

Memnoch wrote:I'm fairly sure Solstice (the Miami based one) will be onbroad.
    Possible yes. Including that 3bands out of 5 are playing in thrash or die at the preparty... That would be awesome.
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:09 am

The whiplash official site tells 70000 Tons of Metal with: Destruction, Artillery, Trouble, Anvil, Nuclear Assault, Napalm Death

http://www.officialwhiplash.com/#!shows/cnnz

:beerwink: :beerwink: :beerwink: :beerwink: :beerwink: :beerwink: :beerwink: :beerwink: :beerwink: :beerwink: :beerwink: :beerwink: :beerwink: :beerwink: :beerwink: :beerwink: :beerwink: :beerwink: :beerwink:
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:45 pm

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:The whiplash official site tells 70000 Tons of Metal with: Destruction, Artillery, Trouble, Anvil, Nuclear Assault, Napalm Death

http://www.officialwhiplash.com/#!shows/cnnz

:beerwink: :beerwink: :beerwink: :beerwink: :beerwink: :beerwink: :beerwink: :beerwink: :beerwink: :beerwink: :beerwink: :beerwink: :beerwink: :beerwink: :beerwink: :beerwink: :beerwink: :beerwink: :beerwink:

YESSS!!!!!!
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:05 pm

They have removed the name "Nuclear Assault" from the Whiplash official website.
    May be it was a mistake but how did they recognize it ?
    I guess Andy has more time to make a band remove a future anouncement rather than make those anouncements :shock:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:57 pm

Morgoth! Yes! Germany's answer to Obituary!
    Agnostic.Front-/-Akercocke-/-Alien.Weaponry-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Animals.As.Leaders-/-Behemoth-/-Between.The.Buried.And.Me-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Star.Riders-/-Body.Count-/-Brujeria-/-Candiria-/-Candlemass-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Combichrist-/-Dark.Angel-/-Deicide-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-DRI-/-Entombed-/-Evile-/-Fear.Factory-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Galakticon.-/-Ghost-/-Godflesh-/-Gojira-/-Green.Carnation-/-Gutalax-/-Hatebreed-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Jungle.Rot-/-KMFDM-/-Kvelertak-/-Lost.Society-/-Loudblast-/-Manowar-/-Melechesh-/-Memoriam-/-Mercyful.Fate-/-Ministry-/-M.O.D.-/-Morbid.Angel-/-Morgoth-/-Municipal.Waste-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Nails-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Protector-/-Rivers.Of.Nihil-/-Ross.The.Boss-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Saxon-/-Six.Feet.Under-/-Sleep-/-Stormtroopers.of.Beer-/-Suffocation-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Tankard-/-Terrorizer-/-The.Crown-/-The.Faceless-/-The.Great.Old.Ones-/-The.Zenith.Passage-/-Thin.Lizzy-/-Triptykon-/-Trust-/-Tsjuder-/-Twelve.Foot.Ninja-/-UFO-/-Upon.A.Burning.Body-/-Vio-lence-/-Wrath-/-Xibalba
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:03 am

Like I posted on the main thread: 50% chances of the Nuclear Assault removal being a cancellation vs. a hush surprise.
    Agnostic.Front-/-Akercocke-/-Alien.Weaponry-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Animals.As.Leaders-/-Behemoth-/-Between.The.Buried.And.Me-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Star.Riders-/-Body.Count-/-Brujeria-/-Candiria-/-Candlemass-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Combichrist-/-Dark.Angel-/-Deicide-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-DRI-/-Entombed-/-Evile-/-Fear.Factory-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Galakticon.-/-Ghost-/-Godflesh-/-Gojira-/-Green.Carnation-/-Gutalax-/-Hatebreed-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Jungle.Rot-/-KMFDM-/-Kvelertak-/-Lost.Society-/-Loudblast-/-Manowar-/-Melechesh-/-Memoriam-/-Mercyful.Fate-/-Ministry-/-M.O.D.-/-Morbid.Angel-/-Morgoth-/-Municipal.Waste-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Nails-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Protector-/-Rivers.Of.Nihil-/-Ross.The.Boss-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Saxon-/-Six.Feet.Under-/-Sleep-/-Stormtroopers.of.Beer-/-Suffocation-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Tankard-/-Terrorizer-/-The.Crown-/-The.Faceless-/-The.Great.Old.Ones-/-The.Zenith.Passage-/-Thin.Lizzy-/-Triptykon-/-Trust-/-Tsjuder-/-Twelve.Foot.Ninja-/-UFO-/-Upon.A.Burning.Body-/-Vio-lence-/-Wrath-/-Xibalba
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:16 am

10 to go to make 62 - the most likely? Not really as I think this is too 'top heavy'. All these bands would easily justify 60 minute sets.

But, these are ones that are either almost obviously on broad due to their touring schedule, or have directly told people previously that they would be on:

Amaranthe - I'm mainly leaving this here as it would be my #1 bucketlist band :P
    Nuclear Assault - briefly listed on the Whiplash website
    The Sirens - touring South America shortly after cruise.
    Sonata Arctica - wanted to be on 2014 but "the promoter went missing". 70k-sized gap in their busy tour schedule
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:40 am

Don't forget we'll have a band with James Riveira for sure.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:50 am

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:Don't forget we'll have a band with James Riveira for sure.

Good point - I'll substitute that for Nuclear Assault as that one could very well have just been a mistake:

Amaranthe - I'm mainly leaving this here as it would be my #1 bucketlist band :P
    James Riveira Somethingoranother
    The Sirens - touring South America shortly after cruise.
    Sonata Arctica - wanted to be on 2014 but "the promoter went missing". 70k-sized gap in their busy tour schedule
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:51 am

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:Don't forget we'll have a band with James Riveira for sure.

I'd love to see Helstar again!
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:34 pm

Wildest prediction ever ,Andy will not be on the ship this year!
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:01 pm

It's big enough for him to hide now.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
  • Jotunheimr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jotunheimr » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:08 am

The drummer from Wintersun/Nightwish Kai just posted over on Facebook that he's taking a trip for about a week. I hope this means so good news for us but I'm not getting hopes up too much. I would completely lose my shit if either Wintersun or Nightwish are announced for this.
    2020 Wishlist: Borknagar-/-Finntroll-/-Haggard-/-Kampfar-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Moonsorrow-/-Savatage-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:06 pm

Jotunheimr wrote:The drummer from Wintersun/Nightwish Kai just posted over on Facebook that he's taking a trip for about a week. I hope this means so good news for us but I'm not getting hopes up too much. I would completely lose my shit if either Wintersun or Nightwish are announced for this.

That would have been my main question about Wintersun.If he posted that today and Nightwish is doing nothing, would almost guarantee them playing.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:45 pm

While we obviously missed the mark with a lot, we got a few right:

Alestorm - because, Alestorm.
    Amorphis - touring South America early next year
    Annihilator - pure speculation
    Blind Guardian - were hotly rumoured to be on 2014
    *Chimaira - added to this list as they were rumoured for 2014
    Corrosion of Conformity - want to do a reunion on broad. Have not heard back from UMC though.
    Divided Multitude - Scouting party clue
    Heathen - pure speculation
    Helstar - Actively looking to be on broad again
    Korpiklaani - pure speculation
    Melechesh - told a cruiser they would be on broad
    Pretty Maids - because obvious clue was obvious
    Primal Fear - new album out. Have said they want to do 70k
    Riot - were in contact with UMC for 2014
    Soulfly - Mexican tour starting early February
    Venom - guitarist told a cruiser recently that they would be on broad
    Wintersun - pure rumour :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • Jotunheimr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jotunheimr » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:23 pm

FUCK YES WINTERSUN
    2020 Wishlist: Borknagar-/-Finntroll-/-Haggard-/-Kampfar-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Moonsorrow-/-Savatage-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:15 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:Prediction 2016 Date will be 21 January - 25 January ,it is off the RC site.New ship ,same port MS Independence of the Seas, sister ship to Liberty (it just weights a little bit more).
    Bumping this ,not a rumor this was supposed to be and still is the date as far as I can find out now.Can't see Royal Caribbean kick people off a second cruise and then re-sell this again.Who knows but I expect selling to be just like last year with no warning what so ever.Just a "hey sales start, here are the bands ,get your tickets before they go public "
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:27 pm

Andy peaks in March. You've got till May.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:59 pm

If he would try to move the cruise to February 4th ,the cruise would be at sea on Super Bowl Sunday.For Americas football is own main religion and I could see quite a few people not going because of this.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:44 pm

The word from the press conference was, different ship (same size) as the Liberty is being re-positioned to Texas.

Cruise will be a couple of weeks later in early February - no official reason but Blind Freddy could see it is so it doesn't clash with NAMM.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:01 pm

I had also heard Texas but back to The Majesty :stagger:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:02 pm

Azazel101 wrote:I had also heard Texas but back to The Majesty :stagger:

I wish
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:51 pm

Nah the Majesty thing pure rumour and heresay.

Wouldn't make sense - with so many more veterans now, if they went back to 2000 cruisers, hell the boat would sell out before any newbies got a chance to book :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:10 pm

Stained Class wrote:Purely Predictions:

Primal Fear
    Blind Guardian
    Wintersun
    Hypocrisy
    Accept (one member was on other than the Victory guys to check out the boat and see if they wanna do it, I can't imagine he didn't have a good time)
    Sacrifice
    Heathen
    Annihilator
    Korpiklaani
    Rhapsody Of Fire
    Ashes Of Ares (new album this year, said they didn't play last time because they didn't have enough material for 2 sets)

Boo yeah 6 out of 11!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
Post Reply 555 posts