Post Reply 98 posts
Liberty of the Seas Info
    erkpod
    Oiler

Re: Liberty of the Seas Info

by erkpod » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:11 am

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:does anyone know if the soda package will be available

on the first and second cruise, you could get a soda-pass for like $ 24.- with which you could include soda drinks on the free drink list
    was this also available on 3rd 4th cruise?

The soda pass was available in 2013 & 2014.
    70k Survivor 2013 & 2014.

Survivor of 70000 Tons of Rain during 70000 Tons of Hot Tubbing in the Canadian spa on Thursday, 2014

Please don't wear your 2015 Survivor merch before Jamaica! You haven't survived until you get back to FLL!!
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:30 am

good to hear
    then i presume that it will be available in 2015 as well
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:08 pm

LadyBlackfhyre wrote:
    taketheday wrote:Just watched the video of the first post and it looks very interesting. Quite sure I will be lost somewhere at a time :lol: As I never go outside cause of the wind - too dangerous as I can fall down :roll: -, I checked particularly the plan of the deck 14, where there is a view of the pool deck and the stage I suppose :headbanger: I would be curious to know where I will be able to have a good view on the stages in the other places :roll: Wouldn't like to miss to see my favourite bands on the different stages :oops: The biggest question will be how I will manage the ride between the stages in a short time, I will certainly to have to miss the end of some shows to be in time for the next one :roll:

I really hope they do an excellent job of organizing when the bands play. I too am concerned about getting around without having to miss parts of sets. I really hope that since there are so many more bands and more stages it wont get too complicated. I guess we will find out SOOOOOOON

I'm expecting a lot more conflicts in scheduling this time and may have to cut some sets short to get over in time for the next one. Hopefully there won't be too many delays, though they could happen with having to set up a new ship and more stages.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    erkpod
    Oiler

by erkpod » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:49 pm

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:good to hear
    then i presume that it will be available in 2015 as well

Can't see why it wouldn't be available next year. It would be nice if it was included, though.
    70k Survivor 2013 & 2014.

Survivor of 70000 Tons of Rain during 70000 Tons of Hot Tubbing in the Canadian spa on Thursday, 2014

Please don't wear your 2015 Survivor merch before Jamaica! You haven't survived until you get back to FLL!!
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:32 am

It was one of the first things i bought abroad.
    A real lifesaver that one
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:06 am

Speedy wrote:Good aerial view of one of the Freedom-class ships in Miami on Google Maps:
    https://goo.gl/maps/gA2NR

Hmm, doesn't look like a Freedom class in the view. There are two Celebrity ships (with the 'X' on their stacks), there is a Norwegian Cruise Lines ship on the right (it's almost certainly Norwegian Sky), and a poorly airbrushed-out Carnival Liberty that HAD been satellite-overlaid and squashed together with another Carnival ship, a Fantasy-class, almost certainly Carnival Imagination.

I'm saddened Google finally got around to 'fixing' that mutant ship with some bad editing. It looked REALLY weird, like a ship that had two aft ends and no prow. Wouldn't sail too fast but it looked pretty nifty. I've got a screen-cap of it somewhere. :lol:
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:16 am

Pellaz wrote:
    Speedy wrote:Good aerial view of one of the Freedom-class ships in Miami on Google Maps:
    https://goo.gl/maps/gA2NR

Hmm, doesn't look like a Freedom class in the view. There are two Celebrity ships (with the 'X' on their stacks), there is a Norwegian Cruise Lines ship on the right (it's almost certainly Norwegian Sky), and a poorly airbrushed-out Carnival Liberty that HAD been satellite-overlaid and squashed together with another Carnival ship, a Fantasy-class, almost certainly Carnival Imagination.

I'm saddened Google finally got around to 'fixing' that mutant ship with some bad editing. It looked REALLY weird, like a ship that had two aft ends and no prow. Wouldn't sail too fast but it looked pretty nifty. I've got a screen-cap of it somewhere. :lol:

Huh? I see a Freedom-class, easily identifiable by the cantilevered hot tubs, Flowrider and Crown and Anchor logo, two Carnival ships, and two others.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Ihsahn-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Abinchova-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Elvenking-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Grave.Digger-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Izegrim-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kivimetsän.Druidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-SuidAkrA-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-U.D.O.-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:40 am

If you zoom in the view the ships change.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:47 am

Speedy wrote:Huh? I see a Freedom-class, easily identifiable by the cantilevered hot tubs, Flowrider and Crown and Anchor logo, two Carnival ships, and two others.

Hah! I was using Google Chrome which defaulted to the Google Earth view, or maybe the 45-degree angle view. It's different.

When I used IE and got the regular satellite mode, I got a Freedom class (hooray), Carnival Valor, Carnival Glory (which tells ya how old THAT satellite shot is), and....some weird ship at the east end of the pier.

Conclusion: Google is tricksy. :lol:
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:08 am

Man, I am still having a tough time envisioning how the stage is going to work out on this tub, so much crap and curves to work around on that deck. I assume they will cover both pools for "floor" space. Any bets on the magnitude of cluster-fuckage for the construction? better yet, bets on the delay of the first scheduled pool stage show...

:cheers:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:23 am

I asked Moises on facebook for a guarantee that the poolstage would be ready on time. He wouldn't give me one :P

I'll bet a million Australian dollars (so, about $1.50 American) that it isn't ready anywhere near on time. Either that or there won't be any pooldeck shows scheduled until well after midnight :P
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:23 am

I'm predicting the pool deck stage will be ready before all the bands are announced. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:32 am

cowboy71 wrote:I'll bet a million Australian dollars (so, about $1.50 American) that it isn't ready anywhere near on time. Either that or there won't be any pooldeck shows scheduled until well after midnight :P

Actually, I'd appreciate some additional relaxed hours to get familiar with the boat once we get on it. So I would be more than ok with an initial delay :D
    Wishlist:
    ALLEGAEON--Amaranthe--Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Epica--Fleshgod-Apocalypse--Fractal.Gates--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--HELLOWEEN.REUNION--In.Vain--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--MOONSORROW--MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST--NE.OBLIVISCARIS--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--Onslaught--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Power.Quest--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--Therion--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Witherscape

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:04 am

My guess would be that the Pool Deck and the Ice Rink stages will start late (ie. past midnight) on the first night. As both will require a lot of work.

The Sphynx Lounge will operate like the spectrum did on Majesty, staging the first show around 5.30pm (Alestorm?) then 45-minute set bands to midnight when it will then transform into the karaoke lounge.

And the Theatre will start up with the first of the 'bigger' bands (ie a 1-hour setter) around 6.00pm
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:44 am

cowboy71 wrote:My guess would be that the Pool Deck and the Ice Rink stages will start late (ie. past midnight) on the first night. As both will require a lot of work.

I think Studio B should be up and running quite fast. I found a schedule from a regular cruise with skating ending 19:45 and dancing starting 22:30. Rock Legends start at 18:30 in Studio B, so 70k should be able to do the same.
    http://rocklegendscruise.com/wp-content ... s-Only.pdf
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Ihsahn-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Abinchova-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Elvenking-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Grave.Digger-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Izegrim-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kivimetsän.Druidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-SuidAkrA-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-U.D.O.-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:49 am

Memnoch wrote:I'm predicting the pool deck stage will be ready before all the bands are announced. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:07 am

When I was in theatre, we learned about a type of stage that was elevated and had a "catwalk" for the performers to move around and interact with the sunken audience below. I forget the name of it, but it looks like that COULD be set up without lots of trouble. Though I have no idea how big that stage-ish looking area is.

This could, of course, mean two things are possible. One of them being two mosh pits, the other one being mosh pits in a POOL.

I mean, the second isn't likely due to safety reasons, but keep in mind I'm also a cruise virgin so maybe I'm totally wrong.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Gonna take a lot to get me back next year.
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:12 am

Memnoch wrote:I'm predicting the pool deck stage will be ready before all the bands are announced. :lol:

I don't know, the way things are going that's a bit of a risky bet.

Phoenix wrote:When I was in theatre, we learned about a type of stage that was elevated and had a "catwalk" for the performers to move around and interact with the sunken audience below. I forget the name of it, but it looks like that COULD be set up without lots of trouble. Though I have no idea how big that stage-ish looking area is.

This could, of course, mean two things are possible. One of them being two mosh pits, the other one being mosh pits in a POOL.

I mean, the second isn't likely due to safety reasons, but keep in mind I'm also a cruise virgin so maybe I'm totally wrong.

That also came to mind when I saw the thingy there in between the pools. Having the stage too close to the pool doesn't seem very safe to me, but it COULD work. As for pool mosh pit? I kinda hope it happens :D
    70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later