70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
    surfslamdive
    Oiler

Re: ...Are You Getting Excited Yet?

by surfslamdive » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:04 pm

Spence wrote:
    onenight wrote:
    Speedy wrote:For those wondering why the cruise is Thursday to Monday next year:
    That's when Liberty does four night cruises.
    She does a two week cycle with 5 night Mon-Sat, 5 night Sat-Thu, 4 night Thu-Mon.

I would rather do the 5 night Mon-Sat. With 60 bands would make more sense. Plus more time at port to do some exploring, or catch up on sleep.

Agreed. Five nights would be so much better. Let's say there's an even 60 bands, at 2 sets a piece = 120 sets.

So that gives us between 20 and 30 sets a night, which is nuts by itself. I can only imagine the complaints I see of not being able to catch every band would be amplified next year if it's the same number of days, but more stages and way more bands.

I'm curious about an increase in the number of bands leading to an increase of complaints...how many people that go to bigger festivals in Europe (say Wacken or Hellfest) complain about the number of bands vs number of days and not being able to see everyone? And with a larger ship there would likely be more things to see/do as well...
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:26 pm

surfslamdive wrote:I'm curious about an increase in the number of bands leading to an increase of complaints...how many people that go to bigger festivals in Europe (say Wacken or Hellfest) complain about the number of bands vs number of days and not being able to see everyone? And with a larger ship there would likely be more things to see/do as well...

I think there will be an increase, because when it comes to 70000 tons of metal, PEOPLE LOVE TO BITCH! :headbanger:

A lot of it has to do with the fact that we generally are paying so much more for this, compared to other festivals.

But, its a festival. Bitching about when bands are playing is what happens - its inevitable.

Case in point - I'm going to Soundwave Festival on Saturday - one day festival going from 10am to 10pm. 95 bands and 12 stages. You can imagine the bitching about clashes, running between stages, etc that is going on for that!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:27 pm

Witch Bear wrote:if mikael from opeth am no want to growl like bear any more then he am should get brown guitar bear to fill void.am sure it will be a hit.if it am not then me and brown guitar bear am maul first row in protest

Can you am maul me? ;)
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:55 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    surfslamdive wrote:I'm curious about an increase in the number of bands leading to an increase of complaints...how many people that go to bigger festivals in Europe (say Wacken or Hellfest) complain about the number of bands vs number of days and not being able to see everyone? And with a larger ship there would likely be more things to see/do as well...

I think there will be an increase, because when it comes to 70000 tons of metal, PEOPLE LOVE TO BITCH! :headbanger:

A lot of it has to do with the fact that we generally are paying so much more for this, compared to other festivals.

But, its a festival. Bitching about when bands are playing is what happens - its inevitable.

Case in point - I'm going to Soundwave Festival on Saturday - one day festival going from 10am to 10pm. 95 bands and 12 stages. You can imagine the bitching about clashes, running between stages, etc that is going on for that!

People are going to bitch about clashes, but it's no one's fault really... I'm sure they do what they can to fix these things quickly when everyone is barking about it.

I had to go from stage to stage between Motorhead and Rage Against The Machine at Rock Im Park 2008 - it was harsh!!! But I don't blame anyone. We also had +30 degree Celsius weather (I needed like seven Popsicles to stay hydrated!!!) and then suddenly the wind picked up, clouds rolled in, the temperature dipped low and we had hailstones the size of dimes rain down upon us. A tree fell in the camping area during Opeth!.... I just recall how nuts it was to be having hailstones making people cry out in pain during the reggae/ska act on the main stage. Good times. But after Motorhead I needed to go back to Nuremberg and sleep at my hotel to recover a bit. The temperature extremes, getting pelted with ice and soaked to the core took everything out of me. Very glad I was not camping that night!

There will be more complaints just because there will be more people onbroad for the wrong reasons. We gotta remember how lucky we are not to be in tents in the floods, mud, vandals and so on... 70k is pretty sweet deal for the money. As long as you can deal with sharing, that is often paramount to whether or not the cabin mates get along nicely or not!
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    MLH
    Crewman

by MLH » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:52 pm

Does someone actually want to see every possible band or have that vast music taste that all them bands would be awesome? Sure i've been to festivals where i had to skip some bands from category: "Would be pretty cool to see them" purely coz i needed to relax a bit or drink some beers, but in the end i wouldn't have ever bought tickets to their show if they came to my town. So guess the bands weren't that important and I'm not regretting any of those skipped ones after 10 years. Only slightly regretting the ones I've missed due too much alcohol.

Schedule clashes happen but usually the bands are different genre luckily if the organizers aren't retarded. Not much you can do about these things.
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:53 pm

I'm in, can't wait!!! I'm already planning the trip......Vegas then Cruise........like every other year :D
    Wishlist: Hypocrisy Be’lakor Necrot Borknagar Blood Red Throne Earth Rot Decapitated Gatecreeper Jungle Rot Sylosis Wolfheart Within Temptation Wintersun Battelore
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:57 pm

MLH wrote:

Does someone actually want to see every possible band or have that vast music taste that all them bands would be awesome? Sure i've been to festivals where i had to skip some bands from category: "Would be pretty cool to see them" purely coz i needed to relax a bit or drink some beers, but in the end i wouldn't have ever bought tickets to their show if they came to my town. So guess the bands weren't that important and I'm not regretting any of those skipped ones after 10 years. Only slightly regretting the ones I've missed due too much alcohol.

Schedule clashes happen but usually the bands are different genre luckily if the organizers aren't retarded. Not much you can do about these things.

I am actually one of those 'vast music taste' people. Even though the lineup for 70k 2014 wasn't a 'dream lineup' for me, I still had 2 direct clashes of bands that were high on my wishlist - Leaves Eyes/Dark Tranquillity and Xandria/Finntroll.

Very different genres so definitely no hard feelings from me that they clashed - just unlucky!

And, there are people that have accepted the challenge on 70ks past to see all 40 bands - the timetable is usually constructed in such a way that you can conceivably see each of the bands once. I think that will be a lot harder to achieve with 60 bands though!

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that, as long as they keep to the premise of scheduling things so that conceivably you can see every band once, I wouldn't complain :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Spence
    Oiler

by Spence » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:36 pm

surfslamdive wrote:So that gives us between 20 and 30 sets a night, which is nuts by itself. I can only imagine the complaints I see of not being able to catch every band would be amplified next year if it's the same number of days, but more stages and way more bands.

I'm curious about an increase in the number of bands leading to an increase of complaints...how many people that go to bigger festivals in Europe (say Wacken or Hellfest) complain about the number of bands vs number of days and not being able to see everyone? And with a larger ship there would likely be more things to see/do as well...[/quote]

Actually, everyone I know who's been to Hellfest, has complained about only being able to see a handful of bands - despite the countless playing. I literally don't know a single person who has gone to Hellfest who WASN'T unsatisfied. Wacken is more mixed, but these days, i've definitely been hearing more disgust at the bands they book and the way they schedule things.

Personally, there's something for me to enjoy in EVERY genre of metal - so like, if there's sixty bands, chances are i'd want to see almost all of them.

2012-2014 as well as BtH all had lineups that were mixed for me, mixed bags of awesome and terrible.

But the debut cruise lineup from 2011? Pretty sure out of those 42 bands, had I been on that boat, there only would have been like 3 bands I WOULDN'T have wanted to see(jealous of everyone who went that year) - so if we end up with another perfect(IMO) lineup like that year, but with 60 bands, i'd be pretty fucking bummed if spent thousands between the boat and travel/hotel expenses, only to learn the running order two days in advance.

Eh, I guess we'll see what happens. One thing that I MUCH MUCH prefer about festivals like Progpower USA and Maryland Deathfest and whatnot, is you know the entire lineup a good year in advance AND know what bands are playing what days.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:48 pm

2011 was a mixed bag for me, but a perfect mixed bag if that makes sense!!!

About 12 wishlist, OMG-I-have-to-see-them-twice bands, one or two I'll-check-em-out bands, and a bunch I didn't care about at all.

Only thing I missed was half of one of Sonata Arctica's sets as I had to leave to catch the Iced Earth meet-and-greet.

I think that year I saw about 23 full sets and a few partial sets.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:19 pm

The most difficult decision this year was Satyricon/Cripper who played their first sets at the same time...especially since both bands promised 2 different sets.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:21 pm

There certainly will be some conflicts that come up, especially with 60 bands but with each band playing twice it's still better than a normal festival.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:23 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    Witch Bear wrote:if mikael from opeth am no want to growl like bear any more then he am should get brown guitar bear to fill void.am sure it will be a hit.if it am not then me and brown guitar bear am maul first row in protest

Can you am maul me? ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoPPGrXJhPg
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:55 pm

mooyagi wrote:There certainly will be some conflicts that come up, especially with 60 bands but with each band playing twice it's still better than a normal festival.

My thoughts exactly. Better than any festival I can think of with so many bands even.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:26 pm

Sgt. B wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:

Can you am maul me? ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoPPGrXJhPg

Ouch!
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    surfslamdive
    Oiler

by surfslamdive » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:49 am

The responses are pretty much in line with what I figured. I was at Graspop a few years ago and had to really pick and choose but still had a great time. The main people I think that would run around trying to catch all the bands are photographers. I went last year and didn't bother listening to all of the bands I hadn't heard of so there were a few that I missed. This year I took the time for a quick listen at home but made sure I saw at least a couple songs of each band (also to take photos). I did a lot of running around and only saw entire sets of a handful of bands.
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:14 am

Well... I'll have to sell my kidneys but...

70k 2015 HERE WE GO!! :shred:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    Brodd
    Petty Officer

by Brodd » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:29 am

Jamaica would be awesome. Can't wait for this!
    "Vi kæmper kun for øl
    Vi kæmper kun for øl
    Vi kæmper kun for øl og for penge
    Og hvis vi ingen penge får
    Og ingen øl ligeså
    Så må i kæmpe kampen uden os!"
    Skål!

70K 2011, Barge to Hell, 70K 2015
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:42 pm

The new boat is leaving from Fort Lauderdale next year. Will the pre-cruise fun still be in Miami???
    Wishlist: Hypocrisy Be’lakor Necrot Borknagar Blood Red Throne Earth Rot Decapitated Gatecreeper Jungle Rot Sylosis Wolfheart Within Temptation Wintersun Battelore
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:45 pm

bernabeit wrote:The new boat is leaving from Fort Lauderdale next year. Will the pre-cruise fun still be in Miami???

No, we now have a new Floridian city to take over!! :twisted:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:24 pm

bernabeit wrote:The new boat is leaving from Fort Lauderdale next year. Will the pre-cruise fun still be in Miami???

There is some debate on this on FB. People are looking into making a beach party at FLL, but it appears that police are far more strict when it comes to enforcing the whole "no alcohol on the beach" thing. People are trying to obtain a permit and such... I guess in the end it'll come down to some kind of vote.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:17 pm

X-Thor wrote:

There is some debate on this on FB. People are looking into making a beach party at FLL, but it appears that police are far more strict when it comes to enforcing the whole "no alcohol on the beach" thing. People are trying to obtain a permit and such... I guess in the end it'll come down to some kind of vote.

I really doubt that Ft. Lauderdale would be that bad in comparison. 2014 was my first 70k yet, and also my first time south so I was pretty thrilled with whole experience. Even if we can't do a beach party, maybe we can do a pub crawl or book a whole restaurant in advance in Ft. Lauderdale??? Just trying to be the optimist here before I switch gears...

I LOVED SOUTH BEACH!!!! :mrgreen: :shock: :cry: :oops: :beerbang:

The beach party was one of the most memorable parts of the whole trip for me. I had a really good time partying and meeting everyone with space to go get food or go back to the hotel to crash early or whatever. I really enjoy that freedom pre-cruise. It was cool to exchange candies and liquor with people on the beach. It was awesome to photobomb people for the hell of it. I went into the ocean a couple times and just tried to fall in love with the experience and truly mean it.... mission accomplished!!!

When I returned, someone had stolen my shoes... lucky they were a spare pair.... :lol:

anyway, the point is:

South Beach is special, man. Maybe Ft. Lauderdale would be good too... but I seriously wouldn't mind another year in SoBe!!!! :bangers:

Arranged rides are how much? If they are cheap and guaranteed then I'll stay in SoBe with other willing cruisers for sure!!!
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    Dark Dreams
    Petty Officer

by Dark Dreams » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:12 pm

Since the vast majority of cruisers come from very far and stay at least one or more nights in the area before or after the cruise, I assume that the epicenter of all pre-/post cruise activities will still be in South Beach. I for one will certainly not be looking for a hotel in fucking Ft. Lauderdale. South Beach rules.

:boobs: :3drunks:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:38 am

I'm not a big follower of the 70K FB content so was unaware of any debate or reason not to shift to Ft Lauderdale so forgive my short, assumptive response. I just figured that everyone would be flying into and staying in the new port town but clearly there's more to it than I was aware. I'll likely be avoiding Miami myself but it sounds like the beach party could be an ongoing tradition despite the change of ports.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:39 am

I am already very excited, for sure :cheers:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

https://www.facebook.com/Bands.support.and.promotion
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:53 am

If I end up going, I'm most likely flying to MIA. I've looked at flights to FLL every year, but they are considerably more expensive flying from Finland. Well, Norwegian is flying direct flights from Stockholm to FLL now, so that could be an option (always a good thing to get an excuse to go to Stockholm, and round-trip flights HEL-ARN are usually under 100 euros).
    Seeing how the dates are now different, I think I'd take two weeks off of work, so I could stay in Miami for a few days and go to Fort Lauderdale a day or two before the cruise. It all really depends on where all my friends are staying.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:42 am

And damn, Finnair just announced a couple of minutes ago that they'll start direct flights HEL-MIA in December!
    Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:18 am

Just did a few quick checks, and it looks like Fort Lauderdale is marginally cheaper to fly into from Brisbane than Miami.

Innnnnteresting.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:13 am

cowboy71 wrote:Just did a few quick checks, and it looks like Fort Lauderdale is marginally cheaper to fly into from Brisbane than Miami.

Innnnnteresting.

DO IT!!!!!
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • Ogre
    Petty Officer

by Ogre » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:01 am

The Metal Family is all in. :deathmetal:
    2012 - There for MDB, worth it
    2012 Barge to Hell - Ruled
    2015 - Should've gone to MDF 2014
    2016 - Awesome, best lineup since Barge
    2018 - Solid lineup, great time
    2023 - Hypo & RC
    2024 - Perhaps the best lineup yet
    mgrock
    Petty Officer

by mgrock » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:49 pm

Already excited? YESS. Jamaica would be nice. Belize and Dominican Republic are also good options. Beach party: South Beach. Been to Ft. Lauderdale. Nothing compared to Ocean Drive and its bars in walking distance. :shred: :shred: :shred:
    2012 survivor in 4010
    2013 survivor in 4010
    2014 survivor in 4010
    2015 survivor in 9242
    2016 survivor in 9242
    2017 survivor in 9242
    2018 booked in 7252
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:48 pm

If I go I'll be glad to explore a new town. I've certainly had my fill of Miami. Plus, the two towns are a bit of a ways apart. Since we'd probably only fly in the day of the cruise and leave right when we get back to town, there's no reason to be so far away from the port.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Unrepentant Heathen
    Crewman

by Unrepentant Heathen » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:40 pm

No rest for the weary! Here we go all over again .........Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! \m/ :givebeer:
    2014: Cabin 2085
    Barge to Hell: Cabin 2545
    2012: Cabin 2515
    2011: Cabin 4583
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    "Respect Everyone .... Bow to No One"
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:25 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Liberty only about 2,5 knots (5 km/h) faster - so if we travel for around 40 hours from Miami, that's only 200 km more than the old lady. If that's correct, the change of ship really doesn't open that many new destinations for us.
    Wishlist:
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:54 pm

X-Thor wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Just did a few quick checks, and it looks like Fort Lauderdale is marginally cheaper to fly into from Brisbane than Miami.

Innnnnteresting.

DO IT!!!!!

Yeah do it Stats!!!! I'll convince ya at the IE gig in a few weeks !!!! :headbanger:
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:48 am

Memnoch wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Liberty only about 2,5 knots (5 km/h) faster - so if we travel for around 40 hours from Miami, that's only 200 km more than the old lady. If that's correct, the change of ship really doesn't open that many new destinations for us.

Had a look and you are right. The only different destinations I saw were Jamaica, Haiti and Belize compared to the Majesty. Jamaica would be cool, however i'm more focused on bigger ship (much smoother), more bands (assumming that means more wishlist bands) and more people.
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:58 am

It will need a fucktonne of great bands to get me excited. I didn't have the same high after this years cruise as last years.

This year was more like a piss up where a few club bands turned up to play a few riffs.

And seeing as most of my friends have indicated this years was their last, i'll probably pass.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:48 am

Dimma wrote:It will need a fucktonne of great bands to get me excited. I didn't have the same high after this years cruise as last years.

This year was more like a piss up where a few club bands turned up to play a few riffs.

And seeing as most of my friends have indicated this years was their last, i'll probably pass.

I have a feeling that there will be more headliner quality bands next year!!!!
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:08 am

bernabeit wrote:
    Dimma wrote:It will need a fucktonne of great bands to get me excited. I didn't have the same high after this years cruise as last years.

I have a feeling that there will be more headliner quality bands next year!!!!

as long as there's less Cosplay...
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:41 am

my brother already bought plane tickets, so I have to go.
    metal4ever
Post Reply 3600 posts