Post Reply 3601 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

Re: For Your Advantage..

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:49 pm

Vaguely recall hearing of these guys but never heard their stuff til just now. Very impressed and will likely see 2 sets if scheduling permits
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • Rattini
    Wiper

by Rattini » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:01 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFob3FZA7qg

Ghostbusters, Xentrix rulez!!!!! :shred:
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:12 pm

I am about to cry...XENTRIX!!!!
    metal4ever
    mikijonas
    Crewman

by mikijonas » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:27 pm

Me and my "little" brother broegaard, are IN!
    Make love, not war... and while you are at it, listen to metal!

2012 - Survivor (Don´t remember)
    2015 - 9561
    2016 - 6500
    2017 - 9561
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:34 pm

Pumped to hear In Extremo. This year's lineup already has double the bands that I love than last year, I just checked :beerbang:
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Ein Kunstraub In Der Karibik!

by Andy » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:59 pm

Please welcome IN EXTREMO on board 70000TONS OF METAL, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise! 11 down, 49 to go..

Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

Re: Ein Kunstraub In Der Karibik!

by Razor Ramon » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:05 pm

Therion and In Extremo! The rest, meh. Still no one I haven't seen before.

Get Draconian and I'll bust a nut for sure.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:29 pm

And there it is. OFFICIALLY! :mrgreen:
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:40 pm

Therion is the only band at the moment I'd go see. So, yeah, it is surprisingly easy to stand my ground and not book.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    epartos
    Petty Officer

by epartos » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:48 am

This far in to the bookings and 2015 is way past 2014 for me. Why the hell can´t I go!! :shots:
    Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Get these guys on the boat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKLKzE77YrM
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:55 am

So far it's total opposite of last cruise when it comes to bands I want to see. I'm not going to ask for much this year so any combination of Accept, Hell and Riot V would be just a cherry on top for me.
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:05 am

Time to announce some Heavy metal bands Andy ;)
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:25 am

Yeah I'm loving the lineup so far
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer

by Max_Rockwell » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:58 am

This years line up might just be better than the first 70k's line up.

Getting excited now.... oh damn...
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:13 am

So now that I've looked at the new page in a non mobile browser I tried opening the RSS feed and it's "protected". Is there a way I can get a URL from you guys so I can subscribe to the RSS feed on my phone? I'll also send a message to customer service.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:30 am

http://70000tons.com/feed/

I get the same message on my work PC. Chrome shows two feeds: news and comments feeds, but neither have any content.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    of944
    Oiler

by of944 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:43 am

The RSS feed is back (at least for me): http://70000tons.com/feed/
    70k 2014 : Cabin 6544 (Majesty of the Seas; I miss you)
    70k 2015 : Cabin 7288
    70k 2018 : Cabin 9797
    70k 2019 : Cabin 3646
    70k 2020 : Cabin 6208
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:45 am

of944 wrote:The RSS feed is back (at least for me): http://70000tons.com/feed/

I talked to Vincent on facebook, looks like he fixed it already!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

Re: Here’s Another One For Ya…

by DragonLordJones » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:11 am

Andy wrote:Please welcome ARCH ENEMY onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise! 2 down, 58 to go…

well if you haven't heard yet looks like Arch Enemy has a new singer http://archenemy.net/2014/index.php :cry:

was finally hoping to see Angela live :cry:

since Angela is going to be their business manager, maybe she will still pop in on a song or two as a treat for us :cheers: :beerhorns: :beerhorns: (must maintain some type of hope to see her live on stage) :givebeer:
    Last edited by DragonLordJones on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:46 am

DragonLordJones wrote:well if you haven't heard yet looks like Arch Enemy has a new singer http://archenemy.net/2014/index.php :cry:

You most likely will, just not on stage. Apparently, she's moving into Arch Enemy management.
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:59 am

NuuX wrote:
    DragonLordJones wrote:well if you haven't heard yet looks like Arch Enemy has a new singer http://archenemy.net/2014/index.php :cry:

You most likely will, just not on stage. Apparently, she's moving into Arch Enemy management.

There's this curse.. we need to have a band playing with a new singer. We had Fabio Lione singing with Kamelot, after that he was singing in Angra (and he's still doing that, they'll even record a new álbum with Fabio)

And we had a vocal change with Xandria in 2014...

but WHY THE HELL it had to be Arch Enemy the one to get cursed?!?! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

besides that.. 70k is back in business and line up so far is AWESOME!!!!
    Last edited by Mr.Kito on Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019- :(
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:02 am

Mr.Kito wrote:
    NuuX wrote:

Theres this curse.. we need to have a band playing with a new singer... we had Fabio Lione singing a Kamelot, after that he was singing in Angra (and he's still doing that, they'll even record a new álbum with Fabio)...

And we had a vocal change with Xandria in 2014..

but WHY THE HELL it had to be Arch Enemy the one to get cursed?!?! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

besides that.. 70k is back in business and line up so far is AWESOME!!!!

In every case it was an improvement, so maybe Alissa will be an improvement too?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:07 am

I can't consider Edu Falaschi being replaced by Fabio Lione an improvement, Edu's my favorite singer but his band Almah did improve a lot when he left Angra, so I drink to that, cheers!! :cheers:
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:13 am

Wow. That one hurt. I do not like The Agonist. This could easily make Arch Enemy a miss for me now.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:16 am

Sgt. B wrote:Wow. That one hurt. I do not like The Agonist. This could easily make Arch Enemy a miss for me now.

i share your feelings, but lets wait.. Alissa has about 300 days to show something impressive. Besides, Angela may show up for one or two songs on the boat. (lets keep hope up!!)
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:20 am

Sgt. B wrote:Wow. That one hurt. I do not like The Agonist. This could easily make Arch Enemy a miss for me now.

I'd like to see or hear her cover an Arch Enemy song or two before the cruise ... she is a good vocalist, just don't know how she will be with their material. not a fan of the Agonist really :cheers: :givebeer:
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:29 am

Mr.Kito wrote:

i share your feelings, but lets wait.. Alissa has about 300 days to show something impressive. Besides, Angela may show up for one or two songs on the boat. (lets keep hope up!!)

I've seen The Agonist 4/5 times & Alissa on the Nightwish/Kamelot tour. Never liked The Agonist or her vocals. Just went back & re-listened. Still don't care for it. I'm not anticipating being impressed by the time the new album comes out or the North American tour I know is being talked about. Hopefully I am wrong.

If Angela is along for the cruise, maybe Alissa will get laryngitis and not be able to perform. :twisted:
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:13 pm

Following the current trend in the increase of repeat bands, I'm guessing we're going to have 32 repeats this year. Counting Barge and 2013 as the same year, since they would have the same likeliness of repeats.

year bands repeats % repeats
    2011 42 0.00 0.00
    2012 42 0.00 0.00
    2013 82 8.00 9.76
    2014 41 15.00 36.59
    2015 61 31.73 52.02
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:18 pm

Stained Class wrote:Following the current trend in the increase of repeat bands, I'm guessing we're going to have 32 repeats this year. Counting Barge and 2013 as the same year, since they would have the same likeliness of repeats.

2011 42 0.00 0.00
    2012 42 0.00 0.00
    2013 82 8.00 9.76
    2014 41 15.00 36.59
    2015 61 31.73 52.02

You are clearly NOT my favourite statsman :cry:

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:21 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Following the current trend in the increase of repeat bands, I'm guessing we're going to have 32 repeats this year. Counting Barge and 2013 as the same year, since they would have the same likeliness of repeats.

2011 42 0.00 0.00
    2012 42 0.00 0.00
    2013 82 8.00 9.76
    2014 41 15.00 36.59
    2015 61 31.73 52.02

You are clearly NOT my favourite statsman :cry:

You weren't even on the last 3 cruises so does it matter that much to you? ;) Not to mention I see 5 repeat bands in your wishlist :P
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:40 pm

So, we have 5 repeats already. If we are to get 27 more repeats (32 total), there's 138 more possibilities for repeats (143 total), so roughly 1/5 (19.5%) of those possibilities would be onbroad.

Before you ask, no, I don't have anything better I could be doing ;)
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:55 pm

Stained Class wrote:You weren't even on the last 3 cruises so does it matter that much to you? ;) Not to mention I see 5 repeat bands in your wishlist :P

Yes, exactly...

I've never had to deal with repeats and, if forced to, they must come from the five listed in my sig (BG is okay cuz, you know, gotta make Hector happy) ;)

This In Extremo, Ensiferum, Therion stuff simply won't cut it!!!

My metal = Best metal!

All others pale!

Go go Gadget Elitism!!!

:? :oops:

RootOfAllEvil
    Crewman

by RootOfAllEvil » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:16 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:I'd like to see or hear her cover an Arch Enemy song or two before the cruise ... she is a good vocalist, just don't know how she will be with their material. not a fan of the Agonist really :cheers: :givebeer:

I'll be at the RockHarz Festival, where ArchEnemy are playing in July and I'll keep you posted.
    http://www.rockharz-festival.com/

Although I'm curious how Alyssa will perform Arch Enemy songs, I would have RALLY liked to see Angela.
    But let's hope she'll be along on 70K and perform a song or two - seems like the right place & time for such "specials".
    Perhaps a duet? :headbanger:
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:24 pm

Stained Class wrote:

Can you tell UMC how to use Twiiter.They keep on started their tweets with the "@(band who is announced) " that only is a conversation between two people.I got only one push notication on my phone because I follow the band they announced also.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:26 pm

I am wildly disappointed in the Arch Enemy news. I don't mind the Agonist or Alissa, but this just sucks. I'd much rather have Liiva back (even though he's mostly horrible as a vocalist)
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:37 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

Can you tell UMC how to use Twiiter.They keep on started their tweets with the "@(band who is announced) " that only is a conversation between two people.I got only one push notication on my phone because I follow the band they announced also.

Just messaged Vince. He had a minor panic attack and now he's fixing it haha.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

ORIGIN Onbroad The Original!

by Andy » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:55 pm

Please welcome ORIGIN onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise! 12 down, 49 to go...

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

Re: ORIGIN Onbroad The Original!

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:16 pm

Another new one for me.

Fingers crossed, youtube here I come... :shred: ?

Oh well, technical brutal death metal. Sad for me but great for others :headbanger:

alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:33 pm

Surprising about Arch Enemy. Just wiki'd it to see she is 40 years old, I guess it's time to pass the torch or something. I've seen them probably about 6-8 times with Angela...she's pretty good but that's more due to her stage presence than being a one of a kind screamer. I'm interested to see whether they put in some (gasp) clean singing into old AE songs.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:34 pm

Andy wrote:Please welcome ORIGIN onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise! 12 down, 49 to go...

Is this a confirmation that there will be 61 bands? Or bad math?
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
Post Reply 3601 posts