Post Reply 3600 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

Re: 300 Days To Departure!

by DrinkMoxie » Tue May 20, 2014 9:21 am

Max_Rockwell wrote:Does anyone know if there are any media sources that have interviewed andy about his strategy to band announcements? Or even the criticism he gets?

Wikileaks can't even get that info
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Tue May 20, 2014 10:09 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Max_Rockwell wrote:Does anyone know if there are any media sources that have interviewed andy about his strategy to band announcements? Or even the criticism he gets?

Last year there were some things said on fb by a few of the bands, but nothing too intense.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Tue May 20, 2014 11:20 pm

c'mon Andy .... something new would be nice (show us you're still alive) and to shut the fuck up :lol: :lol: :lol: :cheers: :beerhorns:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed May 21, 2014 1:14 am

Krys wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:

Last year there were some things said on fb by a few of the bands, but nothing too intense.

Yeah Kamelot were pretty blunt - would not be surprised if we never see them on broad again :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    mindgrind
    Petty Officer

by mindgrind » Thu May 22, 2014 12:46 am

skipper please , bring TRIPTYKON on the cruise.... Your Swiss and well I'm SURE you have some home country love for them ........ and I have never seen them and with them canceling MDF for the love of another countryman that has passed(H.R. Giger) )
    for those that did'nt know , I know a shitload of us that would be so great full , I'm just saying , and thank you :beerhorns:
    2024 - Deck mold 2
    2023 - Deck 10 cheap room 4 walls no window
    2020 - Deck 4
    2019 - Deck 2
    2018 - Deck 10
    2017 - Deck 7
    2016 -
    2015 - Deck 9
    2014 - Deck 4
    2013 - Deck 3
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 6
    2011 - Deck 7
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Thu May 22, 2014 6:12 pm

mindgrind wrote:skipper please , bring TRIPTYKON on the cruise.... Your Swiss and well I'm SURE you have some home country love for them ........ and I have never seen them and with them canceling MDF for the love of another countryman that has passed(H.R. Giger) )
    for those that did'nt know , I know a shitload of us that would be so great full , I'm just saying , and thank you :beerhorns:

Next Announcement will be KROKUS!!!

:P
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu May 22, 2014 6:21 pm

mindgrind wrote:skipper please , bring TRIPTYKON on the cruise.... Your Swiss and well I'm SURE you have some home country love for them ........ and I have never seen them and with them canceling MDF for the love of another countryman that has passed(H.R. Giger) )

Yes! Yes!YES!!!
    Seeing that I will never see Celtic Frost, this would still count as a check on my bucket list.
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Mon May 26, 2014 1:21 pm

Jaimie38 wrote:Next Announcement will be KROKUS!!!

:P

Yeah, fat chance of that although I give it pretty good odds that they will be on MORC 2015, which would give me yet another reason (besides Zebra) to book both MORC as well as 70K. Krokus were fantastic at Swedenrock.

:cheers:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Wed May 28, 2014 10:28 am

239 days! Announcements, please!
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Thu May 29, 2014 12:36 am

I'm so glad ANDY wasn't gonna leave us in a drought of information this year .... :cheers: :beerhorns:
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Thu May 29, 2014 10:39 am

We're going to for the overload of unfirmation that is coming
    My guess that next announcement will be at least 10 bands
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu May 29, 2014 10:52 am

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:We're going to for the overload of unfirmation that is coming

That's a silly thing to think. Maybe we'll get a spurt of 10 bands over a couple weeks but 10 bands at once no way :P
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu May 29, 2014 5:22 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    Dutchguy-Tim wrote:We're going to for the overload of unfirmation that is coming

That's a silly thing to think. Maybe we'll get a spurt of 10 bands over a couple weeks but 10 bands at once no way :P

Andy is a NICE GUY.

What he is doing, is holding off any announcements until Statswife and I know whether we can go or not. This will stall sales and ensure there are still affordable cabins available.

So what is going to happen is, early July we will know what sort of tax return we are getting. If its what we expect, we will be all clear to go.

THEN Andy will announce Van Canto, Amaranthe, Alestorm, Thaurorod, Sabaton, Ex Libris, Epica, Magnum, Pythia, and Living Sacrifice.

And I will book.

You know I'm right.*

*may not actually be right.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer

by Max_Rockwell » Thu May 29, 2014 8:22 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

Andy is a NICE GUY.

What he is doing, is holding off any announcements until Statswife and I know whether we can go or not. This will stall sales and ensure there are still affordable cabins available.

So what is going to happen is, early July we will know what sort of tax return we are getting. If its what we expect, we will be all clear to go.

THEN Andy will announce Van Canto, Amaranthe, Alestorm, Thaurorod, Sabaton, Ex Libris, Epica, Magnum, Pythia, and Living Sacrifice.

And I will book.

You know I'm right.*

*may not actually be right.

For the sake of being right, I hope you're right :3drunks: :3drunks:
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Thu May 29, 2014 11:46 pm

i'm just bein hopefull.
    i mean he has 20 more bands to announce this time....
    so even if he does announce 10 bands we still won't be half way......
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Fri May 30, 2014 7:45 am

Hip Hip Hooray!!!!!!

2 months since ANY news!!

So professional.
    Not.

:boobs:

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
  • Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Fri May 30, 2014 8:31 am

I'm kinda leaning towards the belief that he wants to announce many bands at once. Ie. Instead of a band here and there, he wants to drop 5-10 on us at the same time for maximum excitement? We'd probably get too critical of each individual band if Andy announced one band every other day. Thoughts anyone?

The non-announcements are a nice touch this year. It's been nice to not have COMPLETE silence.... I've got faith that things will turn out fine again. As long as I hear announcements every 100 days or so, I'll be fine....I'm anticipating lots of good announcements soon since there's gotta be summer scouting missions going on right now :mrgreen: I hope.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Fri May 30, 2014 10:05 am

236 Days 23 Hours 55 Minutes 32 Seconds!!!!!!!!

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
  • Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Fri May 30, 2014 6:08 pm

Psyched for this.... hard to believe we're already a day away from June! I'm behind in my payments ahhhhh :shock: !!! :oops:
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Sat May 31, 2014 4:54 am

Krys wrote:I'm kinda leaning towards the belief that he wants to announce many bands at once. Ie. Instead of a band here and there, he wants to drop 5-10 on us at the same time for maximum excitement? We'd probably get too critical of each individual band if Andy announced one band every other day. Thoughts anyone?

The non-announcements are a nice touch this year. It's been nice to not have COMPLETE silence.... I've got faith that things will turn out fine again. As long as I hear announcements every 100 days or so, I'll be fine....I'm anticipating lots of good announcements soon since there's gotta be summer scouting missions going on right now :mrgreen: I hope.

My thoughts are that if the announcements start pouring in after summer, at least it will be a good distraction from the coming cold, or some nice Christmas gifts to unwrap every day.

The band line-ups have always had good bands in the past, so I don't worry too much about that. There's already some confirmed bands that I like.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat May 31, 2014 3:12 pm

SaraMarie wrote:The band line-ups have always had good bands in the past, so I don't worry too much about that. There's already some confirmed bands that I like.

This is pretty much where I'm sitting also. 70K and Andy have an excellent track record of booking a nice diversity of bands and genres, without delving too much into screamo or metalcore crapola :D , so I'm pretty confident I'll be happy with the final band-list. Even if the "bonus" 20 bands are bands I can't stand, that still leaves a great cross-section to look forward to...and I'm already happy with the bands confirmed so far.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat May 31, 2014 5:01 pm

If there were another 10 bands that I consider "good", that would be enough to make me really really really want to book.

My feelings for the current crop or bands are:
    Not a fan - Annihilator, Heathen, In Extremo, Chimaira, Cannibal Corpse, Origin, Xentrix, Grave Digger
    Would see 1 set, maybe 2 - Equilibrium, Threshold
    Would see 2 sets, but seen before - Apocalyptica (1), Arch Enemy (2), Blind Guardian (5), Ensiferum (6), Korpiklaani (2), Therion (2)

On every 70K so far I've had at least 4 or 5 'bucket list' bands whom to that point of time I'd never seen live. This lineup doesn't have any yet, but with 44 to go its inevitable. I'm just wondering who those bands are gonna be, and would REALLY like to know prior to booking :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:08 am

cowboy71 wrote:If there were another 10 bands that I consider "good", that would be enough to make me really really really want to book.

I'd be tempted to book if I got a couple of wishlist bands, and, say, five bands I consider good. So far the only wishlist band for me is Origin, and I'll get to see them in December anyway.
    A couple of girlie bands (since Andy really loves repeats, Delain would be awesome, or Epica, but I'd rather see Delain on the boat again) and some proper death metal. And Primordial.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:54 am

Memnoch wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:If there were another 10 bands that I consider "good", that would be enough to make me really really really want to book.

I'd be tempted to book if I got a couple of wishlist bands, and, say, five bands I consider good. So far the only wishlist band for me is Origin, and I'll get to see them in December anyway.
    A couple of girlie bands (since Andy really loves repeats, Delain would be awesome, or Epica, but I'd rather see Delain on the boat again) and some proper death metal. And Primordial.

For your sake (and mine :D ), I'd really like to see Primordial & some of the Martin Van Drunen bands [Asphyx, Hail of Bullets, ...] booked for the boat.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:15 pm

Fear not, ye Holy Motorboaters... We'll have some divine additional lineup news for you on the morrow! (quote from their facebook page) :beerhorns:

OKAY ANDY ... here is your challenge ........... can you keep up with the competition ? will we receive some additional line-up on the morrow?

MOTORHEAD UNTIL I'M DEAD \m/ :cheers: :beerhorns:
    carlynjason
    Petty Officer

by carlynjason » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:38 am

I have a feeling that a political party will be formed from this cruise, we will promise you what you want , not give it to you , and make you pay for the privilege of being lied too.
    please send any party donations to my bar tab for 2015 :givebeer: :givebeer:
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:23 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:Fear not, ye Holy Motorboaters... We'll have some divine additional lineup news for you on the morrow! (quote from their facebook page) :beerhorns:

OKAY ANDY ... here is your challenge ........... can you keep up with the competition ? will we receive some additional line-up on the morrow?

Motorboat added Testament, Down, High on Fire & Kill Devil Hill. OK Andy, your turn to respond with 70K2015 band additions.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:12 pm

Sgt. B wrote:
    DragonLordJones wrote:Fear not, ye Holy Motorboaters... We'll have some divine additional lineup news for you on the morrow! (quote from their facebook page) :beerhorns:

Motorboat added Testament, Down, High on Fire & Kill Devil Hill. OK Andy, your turn to respond with 70K2015 band additions.

I REALLY wish those additions were for 70000 Tons. Andy has his work cut out for him to even come close to those announcements.
  • Electrichead
    Crewman

by Electrichead » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:41 pm

meshuggah wrote:
    Sgt. B wrote:

I REALLY wish those additions were for 70000 Tons. Andy has his work cut out for him to even come close to those announcements.

Me too man. I was so close to booking that cruise instead of this one but the ole skipper got scared and threw these tickets up for sale. Everybody in my party wanted to do this cruise cause its a ton of fun. And now I sit here and look at the same lineup while they kick our ass with Megadeth and Motorhead and testament. High on fire. Down. Anthrax.

Step up your game Skipper. I would kill to see high on fire (or sleep or both) on this boat since I started going. Announce some killer shit already!

Ive pretty much totally forgotten about even going on the cruise this year cause of the lack of announcements and inactivity while startin to feel ripped off here. You wanna be the loudest boat or some yawnfest?
    2013, 2014, 2015 survivor
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:57 pm

Yeah... back when I was just a young metal cruiser, we'd slap down our money and be led on a year-long adventure of exciting anticipation and speculation based on humorously creative clues and community conjecture. We'd spend hours and hours just making up goofy threads to pass the time between updates and sharing reactions to the most recent announcements, talking about who'd seen which bands and where and what we could expect in their onbroad performances. Not a month would pass when ya wouldn't either be given another reason to get even more excited about the slow but steady reductions in days to sail or something to bitch about as the weenies and the elitists went toe-to-toe in battles of friendly jibes and growing camaraderie. Yep, thems was the good ol' days I tell ya.

Now ya basically make yer payments, book yer flights and hope for the best while kinda wondering what the hell's going on or even forgetting that there's something to look forward to. Oh well... days will turn to weeks and months, xmas will come n' go and we'll get what we paid for, no more, no less.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:39 pm

Testament and Down added to the line-up .... fuck me :cheers: :beerhorns:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:40 pm

Only 100 days until we break last year's record drought!
    Wishlist:
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:54 am

Memnoch wrote:Only 100 days until we break last year's record drought!

PSSSSSSSSST! Don't jinx it!
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:31 am

I have every faith in our Skipper making it. It could be that he's aiming for a mid-September announcement and make it a whopping 200 days between announcements. Now that would be hard to beat!
    Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:20 am

In the good old days I would be on here all the time, checking facebook too, eagerly anticipating band announcements.

Analysing statistics, searching for rumours, probing the website for information.

Now. None of the above :P

Maybe its because I haven't even booked for next year yet, but I think its mainly because I just don't give a shit anymore. I'm not pissed off at the lack of announcements, nor am I eagerly anticipating the next announcement.

If I go next year, I will once again have the time of my life but for me the build up to the cruise has pretty much lost all its 'fun'. I'm not sure which is worse - the complete silence we had last year, or the lame-ass non-announcements we've been getting on facebook this year :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:04 am

cowboy71 wrote:In the good old days I would be on here all the time, checking facebook too, eagerly anticipating band announcements.

Analysing statistics, searching for rumours, probing the website for information.

Now. None of the above :P

Maybe its because I haven't even booked for next year yet, but I think its mainly because I just don't give a shit anymore. I'm not pissed off at the lack of announcements, nor am I eagerly anticipating the next announcement.

If I go next year, I will once again have the time of my life but for me the build up to the cruise has pretty much lost all its 'fun'. I'm not sure which is worse - the complete silence we had last year, or the lame-ass non-announcements we've been getting on facebook this year :P

+1
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:19 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:Yeah... back when I was just a young metal cruiser, we'd slap down our money and be led on a year-long adventure of exciting anticipation and speculation based on humorously creative clues and community conjecture. We'd spend hours and hours just making up goofy threads to pass the time between updates and sharing reactions to the most recent announcements, talking about who'd seen which bands and where and what we could expect in their onbroad performances. Not a month would pass when ya wouldn't either be given another reason to get even more excited about the slow but steady reductions in days to sail or something to bitch about as the weenies and the elitists went toe-to-toe in battles of friendly jibes and growing camaraderie. Yep, thems was the good ol' days I tell ya.

Now ya basically make yer payments, book yer flights and hope for the best while kinda wondering what the hell's going on or even forgetting that there's something to look forward to. Oh well... days will turn to weeks and months, xmas will come n' go and we'll get what we paid for, no more, no less.

Damn dude... well said. I feel ya.

I've also been tempted to switch to the Motorboat as a result of the Testament addition, but I won't because I know Andy and Co. will come through. Hopefully with some good heavy shit and not bore me like the 2013 line up (aside from a few choice bands).
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:26 pm

Electrichead wrote:And now I sit here and look at the same lineup while they kick our ass with Megadeth and Motorhead and testament. High on fire. Down. Anthrax.

I have to admit, seeing that's making me a little jelly.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:25 am

cowboy71 wrote:If I go next year, I will once again have the time of my life but for me the build up to the cruise has pretty much lost all its 'fun'. I'm not sure which is worse - the complete silence we had last year, or the lame-ass non-announcements we've been getting on facebook this year :P

At least you facebookers get something.
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:04 am

It is my birthday weekend.
    Last year I got Carcass
    I am hoping for anything besides silence this year.
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
Post Reply 3600 posts