Post Reply 3601 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: ‘Til Death Do us Party

by cowboy71 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:15 am

Text conversation between the wife and I went something like this:

Wife: What the heck is a Crucified Barbara?
    Me: All girl band from Sweden. Been around for ages. Think I even have one of their cds.
    Wife: You liked them because they are girls, right?
    Me: Maaaaaaybe

:P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:14 am

Memnoch wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:Never heard of them but having 4 extra girls on the ship is good,4 Swedish girls makes it great!They have all their stuff on Spotify and it sounds decent enough.Another Dragon Production band http://www.dragon-productions.eu/bands/ ,so I have big guess for the special band from the blog of rock post.The Gathering with Anneke van Giersbergen and current singer.The band is supposed to do a reunion show later this year and maybe UMC can't say anything until then.This would be a big announcement!

The Gathering with both Anneke and Silje would get me to book. Definitely. Sucks that the tickets for the 25th anniversary show in the Netherlands sold out in a heartbeat. I guess announcing just Anneke with her own band would be plenty for me. Just saw her at Summer Breeze and she was amazing like always.

I am flying over to the Netherlands for both The Gathering shows, it will be amazing.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:51 am

I'm not real excited about this one.
    not does it really matter
    i have been thinking about a wishlist for me.
    sure there are enough bands i would like to see. but i don't think they will be abroad
    the only announcement which would get me stoked it heidevolk and amon amarth.
    swashbuckle is also more then welcome if only for the reason they will fuck up alestorms' sets :lol:
    for the rest, it's going to be a party :viking: :beerbang: :headbanger: :beerbang: :viking:
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:37 am

cowboy71 wrote:Text conversation between the wife and I went something like this:

Wife: What the heck is a Crucified Barbara?
    Me: All girl band from Sweden. Been around for ages. Think I even have one of their cds.
    Wife: You liked them because they are girls, right?
    Me: Maaaaaaybe

:P

And that's fair enough!!!! :D
    Wishlist: Battlelore, Bloodbath, Borknagar, Communic, Dimmu Borgir, Dying Fetus, Gojira, Hypocrisy, Legion of the Damned, Midnattsol, Nightwish, Persuader, Power Trip, Suidakra, Warbringer, Whispered, Within Temptation.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:01 am

Not really my thing but I will try to catch a song or two.
    I have really enjoyed some sets from bands on past cruises that I had zero interest in seeing and I am not saying I have zero interest here so it is all good.
    Welcome abroad :smash: or four
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:48 am

Seen Devin 5 times now and not once with Anneke. Please make that happen :mrgreen:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:47 am

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:I'm not real excited about this one.
    not does it really matter
    i have been thinking about a wishlist for me.
    sure there are enough bands i would like to see. but i don't think they will be abroad
    the only announcement which would get me stoked it heidevolk and amon amarth.
    swashbuckle is also more then welcome if only for the reason they will fuck up alestorms' sets :lol:
    for the rest, it's going to be a party :viking: :beerbang: :headbanger: :beerbang: :viking:

Swashbuckle just played 70k 2014, so not likely... I would love for Heidevolk to be announced
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:23 pm

Annekke, yes, yes please.
    "All in the same boat
    Rockin' on the same route,
    We gotta get together, join each other"
    - Bob Marley
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:31 pm

GWAR should preform their final performance on the boat
    And I know GWAR will never die, they just multiply
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:51 pm

GWAR is not nearly dead yet. They just announced a huge North American tour. check out 2014 Tours in Engine Room.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:33 am

Yep, I might make the Millwaukee show but it will take the rest of my vacation days to do so
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:47 pm

EpidemicReign wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:Never heard of them but having 4 extra girls on the ship is good,4 Swedish girls makes it great!They have all their stuff on Spotify and it sounds decent enough.Another Dragon Production band http://www.dragon-productions.eu/bands/ ,so I have big guess for the special band from the blog of rock post.The Gathering with Anneke van Giersbergen and current singer.The band is supposed to do a reunion show later this year and maybe UMC can't say anything until then.This would be a big announcement!

The Gathering with both Anneke and Silje would get me to book. Definitely. Sucks that the tickets for the 25th anniversary show in the Netherlands sold out in a heartbeat. I guess announcing just Anneke with her own band would be plenty for me. Just saw her at Summer Breeze and she was amazing like always.

Anneke + Devin Townsend

NOW how much would you pay?

Ooooooooh. I'd pay...what I've already paid :D ...but that would be all kinds of awesome. :bangers:
    2021 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Blood.Red.Throne--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce
    --Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
    Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: SoooOOOooooooon
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:37 pm

^^^ :cheers:
    As I've mentioned elsewhere (namely on the Prog Nation at Sea thread).....I absolutely loved seeing Anneke on the Prog cruise last February. I had seen her in spring of 2013 in Chicago with Chicago's own Novembers Doom and then saw her perform four times on the Prog cruise - 2x solo & 2x as part of Devin's act. Both seemed to be having an absolutely fabulous time on the cruise, so it would not surprise me one bit if they'd do another music cruise. Since Mike Portnoy recently announced there will not be another Prog Nation cruise in the imminent future, 70K seems like the obvious other option. For those going on 70K 2015, hope you get Devin & Anneke. Although I am not a huge fan of Devin (although I appreciate him & his music in some respects), Anneke is outstanding in every way & strikes me as quite a beautiful person (inside & out). :cool:

2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:07 pm

Laura wrote:^^^ :cheers:
    As I've mentioned elsewhere (namely on the Prog Nation at Sea thread).....I absolutely loved seeing Anneke on the Prog cruise last February. I had seen her in spring of 2013 in Chicago with Chicago's own Novembers Doom and then saw her perform four times on the Prog cruise - 2x solo & 2x as part of Devin's act. Both seemed to be having an absolutely fabulous time on the cruise, so it would not surprise me one bit if they'd do another music cruise.
    This plus the fact she is A Dragon Production artist makes me think this is being worked on.I think this kind of announcement would help sell some of the more expensive cabins that are left also.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:36 pm

deathmetalpat wrote: This plus the fact she is A Dragon Production artist makes me think this is being worked on.

You are absolutely right!

Looking at the artist roster, there are not that many that HAVEN'T been on 70k!
    http://www.dragon-productions.eu/bands/
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:09 pm

Well, hell....if you're gonna get Devin and Anneke, why not just get Arjen Lucassen and the rest of the gang, book it as Ayreon and call it a day? :D
    Depending on what other guest vocalists came along, that could REALLY sell a few high-dollar staterooms.... :headbanger:
    2021 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Blood.Red.Throne--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce
    --Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
    Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon
    2021: SoooOOOooooooon
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:36 pm

Laura wrote:I absolutely loved seeing Anneke on the Prog cruise last February. I had seen her in spring of 2013 in Chicago with Chicago's own Novembers Doom

I drove out to Chicago for those shows. She was amazing, my favorite vocalist ever.

I also flew over to London to see her with Devin at the Retinal Circus.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:16 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote: This plus the fact she is A Dragon Production artist makes me think this is being worked on.

You are absolutely right!

Looking at the artist roster, there are not that many that HAVEN'T been on 70k!
    http://www.dragon-productions.eu/bands/

If we're going to get more Dragon-Production artists I hope it's Einherjer and Grave
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:48 am

onenight wrote:
    If we're going to get more Dragon-Production artists I hope it's Einherjer and Grave

Einherjer would be awsome as would Grave.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:25 pm

I'd rather take Hamferđ, Moonsorrow, Primordial and The Sirens.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    carlynjason
    Petty Officer

by carlynjason » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:33 pm

Pellaz wrote:Well, hell....if you're gonna get Devin and Anneke, why not just get Arjen Lucassen and the rest of the gang, book it as Ayreon and call it a day? :D
    Depending on what other guest vocalists came along, that could REALLY sell a few high-dollar staterooms.... :headbanger:

OOOOOOOH Yeah
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Dragons Of The North Shall Sail To The South

by Andy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:50 pm

Norwegian Viking Metal band EINHERJER join us on 70000TONS.tv to announce that they will be playing onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL 2015!

We also speak with SOILWORK drummer Dirk Verbeuren, who recalls his experience playing four shows(!) onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL 2014.

Subscribe to 70000TONS.tv NOW!

• Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

Re: Dragons Of The North Shall Sail To The South

by Jotunheimr » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:58 pm

Fuck yes! Thank you Andy :viking:
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2021: Hmm...

Wishlist: Arkona-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Necrophagist-/-Otyg-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Savatage-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas-/-Varg
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:25 pm

Nice! :beerbang:

The display crashing in the video was hilarious.

Since we now have a main band from one of the Twilight of the Gods members, can we get another? Primordial perhaps?
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:34 pm

Another one to cross off from the Dragon Productions roster :P

Never listened to them - will check them out.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:07 pm

FUCKING HAPPY ABOUT THAT !!!!

Thanks man!!!

Don't book them when Equilibrium and Therion play, plz!
    For The Horde!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:48 pm

Never could get into them but I think I'll catch a set if there's nothing else going on.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:50 pm

AWESOME!
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:55 pm

Listened to a couple of their tunes on youtube.

Not bad. Not right in my ballpark, but not bad.

Still hoping for a couple of bucketlist bands - only one band I now consider a '10 out of 10' (Therion) for me on the lineup so far.

If this was the 'old' 70K and there was only 40 bands I'd probably be not super happy, but hey there are still 30 bands to come :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:11 pm

The abundance of bands from the Dragon Productions roster (http://www.dragon-productions.eu/bands/) that are either on *this* cruise, or have been on previous UMC lineups, got me looking into other booking agencies and their rosters.

The RTN Touring roster is another that has had a LOT on past cruises, and numerous (I count 7) on this cruise:

http://www.rtn-touring.com/?page_id=148&lang=en

Several bands that would have me dancing a jig there if they were added!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:14 pm

cowboy71 wrote:The abundance of bands from the Dragon Productions roster (http://www.dragon-productions.eu/bands/) that are either on *this* cruise, or have been on previous UMC lineups, got me looking into other booking agencies and their rosters.

The RTN Touring roster is another that has had a LOT on past cruises, and numerous (I count 7) on this cruise:

Ooh nice. Lots of good bands there we haven't had yet!
    Borknagar, Dark Angel, Emtombed A.D., Grand Magus, Hate, Kalmah, Mercenary, Omnium Gatherum, Orden Ogan, Powerwolf, Psychotic Waltz, Thyrfing, Varg, While Heaven Wept, That one folky melodeth band that everyone loves but isn't gonna play :cry:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:34 pm

Einherjer is awesome. I would be way more excited about it if they hadn't already been announced for Maryland Deathfest.

Still no one from my list..
    70000 Tons 2019
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:41 pm

I'm cool with this. Missed them at Summer Breeze because I wussed out and went back to camp before they came on. What's a ship without some Vikings, right? :viking:
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:25 pm

:viking: :shred: :viking:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:49 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:The abundance of bands from the Dragon Productions roster (http://www.dragon-productions.eu/bands/) that are either on *this* cruise, or have been on previous UMC lineups, got me looking into other booking agencies and their rosters.

Ooh nice. Lots of good bands there we haven't had yet!
    Borknagar, Dark Angel, Emtombed A.D., Grand Magus, Hate, Kalmah, Mercenary, Omnium Gatherum, Orden Ogan, Powerwolf, Psychotic Waltz, Thyrfing, Varg, While Heaven Wept, That one folky melodeth band that everyone loves but isn't gonna play :cry:

gimme: Borknagar, Dark Angel, Eluveitie, Heidevolk, Kalmah, Legion Of The Damned, Misery Index, Powerwolf, and also Orden Ogan (to check out live)
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:04 am

A lot of those bands joined RTN recently so they might have played on the previous cruises via different booking agency.
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:38 am

God Dethroned's booking agency has some great bands, and some of them have been on the boat before. I wouldn't mind seeing Asphyx, Grand Supreme Blood Court, Hail of Bullets, Necrophobic, The 11th Hour, The Monolith Deathcult or Zombie Inc. on the 70k lineup (for non-repeats that is).

http://www.district-19.com/roster/
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:43 am

Great announcement.
    Hope they do ' Odin Owns ye all ' and ' Dragons of the north ' in their entirety.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:00 am

Metalwrath wrote:Great announcement.
    Hope they do ' Odin Owns ye all ' and ' Dragons of the north ' in their entirety.

I love Dragons of the North. I will have to check out the other one
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:38 am

OMG guys, there are lots of bands I'd love to see from this roster:

Aborted, Avatarium, Dark Angel, Entombed A.D., Grand Magus, Hate, Kreator, Legion of the Damned, Misery Index, Nuclear Assault, Omnium Gatherum, Orchid, Suicidal Angels, Svarttjern (NEEDS MORE BLACK METAL!), Tribulation, Watain (AGAIN, MORE BLACK!), and fucking WITCHCRAFT!

And from this roster:
    http://www.district-19.com/roster/

Asphyx, Gama Bomb, Grand Supreme Blood Court, Hail of Bullets, Impaled Nazarene, NECROPHOBIC, The Monolith Deathcult, Zombie Inc.

OH MAN. Looking at these rosters got me really excited. Sadly, Andy will continue to book bands that I don't care for. I really hope he proves me wrong. In case you couldn't already tell, aside from a few exceptions, folk metal, and power metal usually does nothing for me. If it ain't heavy (emphasis on the HEAVY) metal, then it needs to ROCK.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
Post Reply 3601 posts