Post Reply 3601 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

Re: Dragons Of The North Shall Sail To The South

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:46 pm

klons wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:
    onenight wrote:METAL CHURCH has been confirmed for 70000tons of metal! That's right, you heard it from me first. :shred:

OMFGOMFGOMFGOMFG etcetc....

I sure hope the video having been removed doesn't mean that they were just that close and then something fell through.

C'mon Skipper!!! I wanna do some more wishlist sig colour editing bro!!!

:shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred:

The video was never an announcement of any sort - just another interview with a band that was previously on.

FUCK :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:58 pm

Bravewords have taken down the Metal Church announcement. That was bullshit. :bitch:
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:03 pm

onenight wrote:Bravewords have taken down the Metal Church announcement. That was bullshit. :bitch:

God dammit Bravewords
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:05 pm

Okay so it looks like Metal Church is not a certainty anymore. I'll leave Kampfar in though.

2011 - Blind Guardian, Ensiferum, Korpiklaani
    2012 - Alestorm, Annihilator, Cannibal Corpse, God Dethroned, Grave Digger, In Extremo, Kataklysm, Therion
    2013 - Ensiferum
    BTH - Behemoth, Kampfar, Municipal Waste, Napalm Death

So with the addition of Cannibal Corpse (thanks for highlighting that sgt b!), that makes 8 from 2012 on this year. Surely won't be many more if any from that lineup I wouldn't think, which is a shame as there are still a lot from that year I would love to see again - Amorphis, Edguy, Eluveitie, Kamelot, My Dying Bride, Nightwish, Stratovarius, Tristania.

Just as hopeful for some 'virgin bands' from my wishlist though - Amaranthe, Battlelore, Civil War, Diabulus In Musica, Heavatar, Magnum, Powerwolf, Rhapsody of Fire, Tarot, Ten, Thaurorod, Tourniquet, Twilight Force, Unisonic, Van Canto, Within Temptation.... Even ONE of those bands on board would make for a happy statsman!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:34 pm

With all these vids taken down, shouldn't UMC at least acknowledge with an announcement that Metal Church are not announced. I know clarification is not their style, but comeon!! :bitch:
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:44 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    onenight wrote:Bravewords have taken down the Metal Church announcement. That was bullshit. :bitch:

God dammit Bravewords

http://www.metalkaoz.com/metal-news/14039-metal-church-added-to-70000-tons-cruise.html

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialMetalChurch

They may have taken down the video, but it has been posted on their official FB page that they have been confirmed ....... I know it isn't official until Andy post it but it is still out there :cheers: :beerhorns:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:57 pm

Yeah - the fact that METAL CHURCH say "see you there" on their official facebook page? Kinda clear they will be onbroad :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:05 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:With all these vids taken down, shouldn't UMC at least acknowledge with an announcement that Metal Church are not announced. I know clarification is not their style, but comeon!! :bitch:

2012 - Pentagram withdrawing known early december, officially announced by UMC a month later
    2014 - Kamelot withdraw early October, officially announced by UMC a month later

So if history is any guide, we will hear from UMC in about a month :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:19 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    DJ Old Man Stares wrote:With all these vids taken down, shouldn't UMC at least acknowledge with an announcement that Metal Church are not announced. I know clarification is not their style, but comeon!! :bitch:

2012 - Pentagram withdrawing known early december, officially announced by UMC a month later
    2014 - Kamelot withdraw early October, officially announced by UMC a month later

So if history is any guide, we will hear from UMC in about a month :P

The drummer of Metal Church, Jeff Plate, just wrote on his Facebook page that they will be on board. Of course UMC will take their sweet time making an official announcement.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2021: Hmm...

Wishlist: Arkona-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Necrophagist-/-Otyg-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Savatage-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas-/-Varg
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:13 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing Metal Church again since my memories of them from last year is kinda hazy, but it's not a must-see band :stagger:
    I heard from another band that there was a clause in the contract about UMC reserving the right to cancel if the band announced themselves before the official announcement, so let's hope for the fans that Metal Church didn't ruin things for themselves.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:47 am

DragonLordJones wrote:https://www.facebook.com/OfficialMetalChurch

They may have taken down the video, but it has been posted on their official FB page that they have been confirmed ....... I know it isn't official until Andy post it but it is still out there :cheers: :beerhorns:

They have removed the post from their FB page now.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:07 am

Jotunheimr wrote:
    DJ Old Man Stares wrote:
    Brodd wrote:Nice announcement. I've only seen Einherjer once before.
    But there are enough folk/Viking bands now. Don't get me wrong, I love the genre, but I'm really missing some more Death, Stoner, Black and Thrash bands.

There's no such thing as too much thrash! :shred:

I think that also applies to folk/viking metal.

Yes it does.

And, since I have not been here lately....I must say OOOOOOHHHHHH YEAHHH METAL CHURCH!!!!! I'll be seeing them at least 1x, but probably 2x.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:56 pm

Speedy wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing Metal Church again since my memories of them from last year is kinda hazy, but it's not a must-see band :stagger:
    I heard from another band that there was a clause in the contract about UMC reserving the right to cancel if the band announced themselves before the official announcement, so let's hope for the fans that Metal Church didn't ruin things for themselves.
    I doubt that would happen,too big a band with fans who would be pissed if that happened.Some bands get pissed because their fans can't know they are playing and book a cabin.At this point maybe 45-50 bands are nailed down ,having a non-US bands book announce 3 days before cruise (which happens every year ) doesn't mean they haven't been booked for months.Metal Church a repeat and already playing MDF means UMC just wanting to wait until later to announce them.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:04 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:
    Speedy wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing Metal Church again since my memories of them from last year is kinda hazy, but it's not a must-see band :stagger:
    I doubt that would happen,too big a band with fans who would be pissed if that happened.Some bands get pissed because their fans can't know they are playing and book a cabin.At this point maybe 45-50 bands are nailed down ,having a non-US bands book announce 3 days before cruise (which happens every year ) doesn't mean they haven't been booked for months.Metal Church a repeat and already playing MDF means UMC just wanting to wait until later to announce them.

It wasn't the band that initially spilled the beans, it was Bravewords.com. Metal Church maybe thought the announcement was official once the news site posted it so hopefully such a clause wouldn't apply here.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:05 pm

So apparently every member except the vocalist have left that nu-metal band Chimaira who are supposed to be playing the cruise :lol:
    Maybe they woke up and reaslised the kind of music they were playing.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:37 pm

Metalwrath wrote:Maybe they woke up and reaslised the kind of music they were playing.

While I feel quite bad for their fans...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:41 pm

Chimaira out and Metal Church in? I'm calling that a WIN. :headbanger:
    2021 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Blood.Red.Throne--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce
    --Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
    Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: SoooOOOooooooon
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:57 am

Over a week since the last announcement, Metal Church leaking their addition to the cruise, Chimaira breaking up....

I thought for sure we would hear from UMC today!!!

Silly me :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    ironhorse
    Petty Officer

by ironhorse » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:50 pm

Yeah.... with my educated guess of all bands named 3 days prior to sail, with any bonus bands as late additions, that means 1 band every 4.5 days. its been already 10 days since last announcement and now Chimaira is out, meaning negative band totals. Sweet news if Metal Church is in, probably catch a set on pool deck but us death metal fans need 3-5 more intense announcements to be satisfied. That's only 13% of remaining bands left. I need rest and food time too so lets say HYPOCRISY and BOLT THROWER and a few more fellow cruiser suggestions to keep us quiet.
    who else wants more head banging , 0 bullshit , "balls to the wall" reliable death metal?
    Revenge is a meal best served cold

BOLT THROWER FOR 2015
    Dundee
    Crewman

by Dundee » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:19 am

I'm more into traditional Heavy Metal so Metal Church would be fantastic. But nothing against some great Death Metal acts. Bolt Thrower or Hail Of Bullets (or both of them).
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:48 pm

I've seen Metal Church more times than I can count and looks like I'll be seeing them at MDF 2015. Still, I can never complain about a solid band like Metal Church being announced. They had a huge crowd for both of their sets on 70k 2013.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:50 pm

ironhorse wrote:Yeah.... with my educated guess of all bands named 3 days prior to sail, with any bonus bands as late additions, that means 1 band every 4.5 days. its been already 10 days since last announcement and now Chimaira is out, meaning negative band totals. Sweet news if Metal Church is in, probably catch a set on pool deck but us death metal fans need 3-5 more intense announcements to be satisfied. That's only 13% of remaining bands left. I need rest and food time too so lets say HYPOCRISY and BOLT THROWER and a few more fellow cruiser suggestions to keep us quiet.
    who else wants more head banging , 0 bullshit , "balls to the wall" reliable death metal?

I'm with you man, but to be honest with 60 bands, you really don't want them all to be good or you're gonna end up having a worse time. Might sound impossible, but it's true. A few filler bands means you get to eat a couple time and even sleep for three whole fucking hours without feeling like you missed something important.
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:02 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:
    ironhorse wrote:Yeah.... with my educated guess of all bands named 3 days prior to sail, with any bonus bands as late additions, that means 1 band every 4.5 days. its been already 10 days since last announcement and now Chimaira is out, meaning negative band totals. Sweet news if Metal Church is in, probably catch a set on pool deck but us death metal fans need 3-5 more intense announcements to be satisfied. That's only 13% of remaining bands left. I need rest and food time too so lets say HYPOCRISY and BOLT THROWER and a few more fellow cruiser suggestions to keep us quiet.

I'm with you man, but to be honest with 60 bands, you really don't want them all to be good or you're gonna end up having a worse time. Might sound impossible, but it's true. A few filler bands means you get to eat a couple time and even sleep for three whole fucking hours without feeling like you missed something important.

With that in mind..........BRING ON EMMURE!
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:48 am

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:They had a huge crowd for both of their sets on 70k 2013.

huge crowd - small backdrop ;)
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:01 am

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:I'm with you man, but to be honest with 60 bands, you really don't want them all to be good or you're gonna end up having a worse time. Might sound impossible, but it's true. A few filler bands means you get to eat a couple time and even sleep for three whole fucking hours without feeling like you missed something important.

I don't think there's a real threat of there being 60 goods bands onbroad. :P
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:18 am

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:

Couldn't have said it better. I allowed myself to seriously go with the flow and let myself catch whatever I happened to be conscious/still standing up for. That's one way of doing it, but I definitely missed 2-3 things I really did want to see due to exhaustion or getting caught up somewhere else where cool shit was happening. This year I will plot and plan my days a wee bit more.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:57 pm

Memnoch wrote:
    DJ Old Man Stares wrote:I'm with you man, but to be honest with 60 bands, you really don't want them all to be good or you're gonna end up having a worse time. Might sound impossible, but it's true. A few filler bands means you get to eat a couple time and even sleep for three whole fucking hours without feeling like you missed something important.

I don't think there's a real threat of there being 60 goods bands onbroad. :P

That ship has already well and truly sailed :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:57 pm

17 days since the last announcement - longest drought we've had for a while.

Only 159 days to go to beat last year's record!!!

:heavydrink:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:38 pm

Krys wrote:This year I will plot and plan my days a wee bit more.

We've never been on the same sailing Krys so I look forward to seeing you around the new ship. Too bad we don't have more of the same taste in bands as I could try and show ya how it's done. I sort of have a reputation for never being in the same place for long as I'm constantly running about and checking my special, colour-coded running order sheets to make sure I miss as little as possible :headbanger:

• Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:55 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Krys wrote:This year I will plot and plan my days a wee bit more.

We've never been on the same sailing Krys so I look forward to seeing you around the new ship. Too bad we don't have more of the same taste in bands as I could try and show ya how it's done. I sort of have a reputation for never being in the same place for long as I'm constantly running about and checking my special, colour-coded running order sheets to make sure I miss as little as possible :headbanger:

Are there a lot of events not on the running order? I would hate to miss cool shit onbroad just because I didn't hear about it.

Wishlist: Arkona-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Necrophagist-/-Otyg-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Savatage-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas-/-Varg
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:32 pm

Jotunheimr wrote:Are there a lot of events not on the running order? I would hate to miss cool shit onbroad just because I didn't hear about it.

It's been more than a while for me (way too damn long in other words) but I seem to recall that all the artist performances as well as stuff like the all-star jams, clinics and even merch sale schedules were included on the daily running order print outs.

DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:05 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Jotunheimr wrote:Are there a lot of events not on the running order? I would hate to miss cool shit onbroad just because I didn't hear about it.

It's been more than a while for me (way too damn long in other words) but I seem to recall that all the artist performances as well as stuff like the all-star jams, clinics and even merch sale schedules were included on the daily running order print outs.

each day a schedule for the daily events is left in your cabin by house keeping (which includes both UMC events and ship activities), extra copies can usually be picked up by the information counter :cheers: :beerhorns:
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:19 am

DragonLordJones wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:

each day a schedule for the daily events is left in your cabin by house keeping (which includes both UMC events and ship activities), extra copies can usually be picked up by the information counter :cheers: :beerhorns:

But still you're gonna miss something important anyway, there's just too much awesomeness for one person, and there's beer :party:
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019, 2020- :(
    2021- SET SAIL!
    RIP Andre Matos
    ironhorse
    Petty Officer

by ironhorse » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:36 pm

I'm with you man, but to be honest with 60 bands, you really don't want them all to be good or you're gonna end up having a worse time. Might sound impossible, but it's true. A few filler bands means you get to eat a couple time and even sleep for three whole fucking hours without feeling like you missed something important.[/quote]

That's exactly what Im saying too. I am a first 2 cruise survivor and making my return for this next one. I`ve made some scheduling mistakes during those cruises but we learn what we can handle and whats important to get the most for our investment. Im thinking 20 bands that you actually know their catalogue and listen to weekly is plenty. Then it would be another 15 or so that I would never see. The rest will be some surprise amazing shows that turn us into fans and random stuff that's great to have playing while on the pool deck drinking and hanging with new friends and band members.

I'm just as big of a thrash fan as a death metal fan, and we need way more quality thrash. I was at Heavy Montreal a few weeks ago and that bill was loaded with thrash. Exodus, Overkill, Anthrax, Death Angel are all fantastic and most have brand new albums out which are killer. Testament and Hatriot would be fucking sweet too.

BOLT THROWER FOR 2015
    ironhorse
    Petty Officer

by ironhorse » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:45 pm

Krys wrote:
    DJ Old Man Stares wrote:

Couldn't have said it better. I allowed myself to seriously go with the flow and let myself catch whatever I happened to be conscious/still standing up for. That's one way of doing it, but I definitely missed 2-3 things I really did want to see due to exhaustion or getting caught up somewhere else where cool shit was happening. This year I will plot and plan my days a wee bit more.

More often than not plans get changed because of having a great time where you are, then we say "oh ill catch their second set " but we don't, now we have the new ship obstacle with another venue to find and remember how we got there and the faster routes to bars/other stages/bathrooms/food/more bars. Greater chances of actually meeting musicians and drinking with them, which usually means missing out on potential great shows. I just need a couple more "must see bands" and the rest can be a surprise.

BOLT THROWER FOR 2015
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:46 pm

ironhorse wrote:Hatriot would be fucking sweet too.

Does Hatriot still play now that Zetro is back in Exodus?

DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:23 am

Between random encounters with bands as well as friends and meet n' greets, on the second day alone everyone is guaranteed to miss something awesome. Still, at the same time you're guaranteed a great time either way. :D
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:25 am

Jotunheimr wrote:
    ironhorse wrote:Hatriot would be fucking sweet too.

Does Hatriot still play now that Zetro is back in Exodus?

I have no idea, but I have never seen Zetro live so I would be thrilled to see two Zetro fronted bands!
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:23 am

So there was some really really amazing bands at PPUSA that Andy needs to try and book.

DGM, Pagan's Mind, Orden Ogan, Leprous and Jon Oliva's Pain were all amaaaaazing!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:29 pm

Bloodbath just announced their new vocalist... there's still time to book them for 70k Andy! :)
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
Post Reply 3601 posts