Post Reply 3601 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

Re: We Got Hit By Heavy ARTILLERY!

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:21 pm

All lineup hopes and expectations pretty much surpassed at this point :shock:

:shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:47 pm

Although it does seem like the Danish clue is Pretty Maids, I'd love to see some new blood on the boat in the form of Saturnus.

As for the Artillery announcement, meh.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:31 pm

The pun was quite obvious, please bring also Pretty Maids, they would be a good addition! Also, Mercenary and/or Volbeat would be great Danish bands to have.
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:06 am

bodomdragon wrote:The pun was quite obvious, please bring also Pretty Maids, they would be a good addition! Also, Mercenary and/[b][b]or Volbeat[/b][/b] would be great Danish bands to have.

Nope. No. NO! No Volbeat. After the fiasco at MetalDays this year, I would like to keep my distance away from this horrible, horrible band.
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:26 am

NuuX wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:The pun was quite obvious, please bring also Pretty Maids, they would be a good addition! Also, Mercenary and/[b][b]or Volbeat[/b][/b] would be great Danish bands to have.

Nope. No. NO! No Volbeat. After the fiasco at MetalDays this year, I would like to keep my distance away from this horrible, horrible band.

Matter of tastes, I guess. I've watched them twice and although I'm already bored of listening to their albums over and over again, they keep kicking ass live.
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:08 am

What's up with all the repeats? I guess he has a hard time convincing new bands to play..
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:14 am

Awesome Artillery!!! Happy with that!! So we also have Pretty Maids, Wintersun and Sonata Arctica maybe.
    Wishlist: Battlelore, Bloodbath, Borknagar, Communic, Dimmu Borgir, Dying Fetus, Gojira, Hypocrisy, Legion of the Damned, Midnattsol, Nightwish, Persuader, Power Trip, Suidakra, Warbringer, Whispered, Within Temptation.
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:24 am

all these repeats give me a good hope for heidevolk :viking:
    Denmark is not that far off, c'mon andy you can do it.

in germany there are more then enugh bands to fill ht cruise with so just you innie minnie miny mo there
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
  • JARI
    Petty Officer

Re: We Left The Port Of Helsinki… But…

by JARI » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:25 am

paali wrote:Get Lost Society from Finland, they are amazing live band:

http://youtu.be/eNcKs_fn7gU

Also get Finntroll, Moonsorrow and Wintersun...

...and Opeth, Ghost and Agalloch :P

Lost Society :shred: :shred: I spoke with guys last Friday and they relly like to come there.
    70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:31 am

Is it just my phone or does Testament not show up as a band that played on the maiden voyage in 2011?

Missing another band as well.
    I thought their was 42 on the first and the page only displays 40.
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:47 am

This is an amazing announcement especially for someone like me who couldn't make it to the Barge. Fear of Tomorrow in its entirety!?!? Why would anyone complain about this!?!?
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:24 am

Azazel101 wrote:Is it just my phone or does Testament not show up as a band that played on the maiden voyage in 2011?

Testament played on maiden voyage and there were 42 bands. At first I thought it might have something to do with "to phone conversion" but it doesn't show 42 bands and Testament for me either on my desktop.
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:35 am

bernabeit wrote:Awesome Artillery!!! Happy with that!! So we also have Pretty Maids, Wintersun and Sonata Arctica maybe.

From Andy's clues, it seems that these three will most likely also be joining the cruise.

Razor Ramon wrote:What's up with all the repeats? I guess he has a hard time convincing new bands to play..

I was thinking the same about the number of repeats when I heard about Artillery. I think we have 16 bands that are repeats from previous cruises. More repeats than first time bands at the moment. I'd like to see some more new blood. I do need to be careful about that though. I don't want another Crucified Barbara onbroad.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:20 am

NuuX wrote:
    Azazel101 wrote:Is it just my phone or does Testament not show up as a band that played on the maiden voyage in 2011?

Testament played on maiden voyage and there were 42 bands. At first I thought it might have something to do with "to phone conversion" but it doesn't show 42 bands and Testament for me either on my desktop.

It shows 42 bands for me. Testament included.
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:26 am

After finishing the Malazan series yesterday, I really need some Caladan Brood onbroad. They don't play live though. :(

HOW ELSE AM I GOING TO FEEL EMPTY AND DEVASTATED?!

DAMN YOU STEVEN ERIKSON!
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:41 am

There's also Huldre, if we're looking for Danish women. I'd be happy to see them added.

Glad to see the announcements seem to be coming more quickly now! :headbanger:
    2020 Wishlist: Boat, friends, bands, karaoke, hot, Sorrentos, Windjammer, coffee, Satan, love, alcohol.
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:09 pm

I thought it was just me. Mine doesn't show Testament or Tyr.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240

2020 Wishlist: Arafel-/-Arcturus-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-Equilibrium-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Glittertind-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Kampfar-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Necrophagist-/-Norther-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-Savatage-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Varg-/-Vintersorg-/-Waylander
    2021 Wishlist: Arkona
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:02 pm

By far not in my wishlist, but a really nice add! I'll be sure to catch one set!

And Pretty Maids? Seems too obvious, i would like to be surprised.

Come on bring us King Diamond ! :deathhorns:
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019- :(
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:38 pm

Sgt. B wrote:

Razor Ramon wrote:What's up with all the repeats? I guess he has a hard time convincing new bands to play..

I was thinking the same about the number of repeats when I heard about Artillery. I think we have 16 bands that are repeats from previous cruises. More repeats than first time bands at the moment. I'd like to see some more new blood. I do need to be careful about that though. I don't want another Crucified Barbara onbroad.
    The BTH repeats are not that much of a repeat for this ship.If this cruise can sell out that would be 3,000 people and my best guess is that maybe 500 of them did BTH so that means for over 80% of the cruisers "not a repeat " ,that being said expect many more repeats and BTH ones are the first to be announced because of the fact I stated.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:58 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:
    Sgt. B wrote:

The BTH repeats are not that much of a repeat for this ship.If this cruise can sell out that would be 3,000 people and my best guess is that maybe 500 of them did BTH so that means for over 80% of the cruisers "not a repeat " ,that being said expect many more repeats and BTH ones are the first to be announced because of the fact I stated.

So far 52% of the line up are repeats: 10% from 2011, 29% from 2012, and 13% from the Barge. 48% are first timers. I would rather have them repeat solid bands than bring more Chimaira-type bands for the first time that most people have no interest in (except it would give us more time for eating, drinking, napping, exploring the ship, etc). As for Barge To Hell repeats, I'm hoping for a lot more considering they had a really solid line up. If there would be only one more band from the Barge then I hope it's Kampfar.
    Last edited by Jotunheimr on Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240

2020 Wishlist: Arafel-/-Arcturus-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-Equilibrium-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Glittertind-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Kampfar-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Necrophagist-/-Norther-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-Savatage-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Varg-/-Vintersorg-/-Waylander
    2021 Wishlist: Arkona
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:14 pm

Another thrash band, nice! I didn't really know this one, but I'm giving it a listen and really like what I've heard so far.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:51 pm

It is a new boat so their are no repeats?
    Much like another cruiser told me BTH does not count so bring them on!!
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:33 pm

Regardless of the repeats or not argument, the thing I find intriguing about the current lineup is the number of US bands (or lack thereof!) on the lineup.

EVERY previous cruise, the country most heavily represented by bands has been the US - makes sense, as its were the ship is based so makes travel for them cheaper.

2011 - 16
    2012 - 12
    2013 - 9
    2014 - 15
    2015 - 4

So, if that trend were to continue of at least a quarter of the lineup being US bands, then at least 12 of the remaining 29 to be from USA.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:46 pm

It's a very standard European festival lineup so far minus big expensive headliners.
    I mean i do like some of the bands playing on the cruise and will see them play but it's very meh at the moment.
    Can catch this kind of festival in Europe for a lot less.
    Really hoping something for something special to be booked that seperates the cruise from every other festival.
    Dundee
    Crewman

by Dundee » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:11 am

ARTILLERY is a great announcement and it's even more special if they play the whole debut album.

About the repeats: Lot's of people haven't done all the cruises before so for me, some repeats are not to bad. Still hoping for RIOT. And some new blood: Again I say AIRBOURNE :shred:
    markku1
    Chief Petty Officer

by markku1 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:52 am

Metalwrath wrote:It's a very standard European festival lineup so far minus big expensive headliners.
    I mean i do like some of the bands playing on the cruise and will see them play but it's very meh at the moment.
    Can catch this kind of festival in Europe for a lot less.
    Really hoping something for something special to be booked that seperates the cruise from every other festival.

hey pete ! you know that 70k is mainstream festival to mainstream audience :mrgreen:
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Sailing North Through The Øresund...

by Andy » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:54 pm

Despite coming under heavy fire, our second scouting party decided to stay ashore. 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise continued to sail north waiving goodbye to the Øresund Bridge, the longest combined road and rail bridge in Europe. Will our scouting party remain in Denmark or will they cross this marvel of construction? If they cross, do you know what country they will be in?
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Sailing North Through The Øresund...

by cowboy71 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:26 pm

So we've got one party in Finland that will get Sonata Arctica.
    Another in Denmark that will get Pretty Maids, then travel to Sweden.
    Then the ship itself is heading north from Denmark. Maybe to Norway? Or hopefully to the Faroe Isles to get Tyr :viking:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Capt.Howdy
    Crewman

by Capt.Howdy » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:51 pm

Okay...so were looking forward to get some great swedisch Bands!!

I guess it has to be CANDLEMASS or Below...!
    Also would be satisfied with Krux, Count Raven, the Graviators, Avatarium...!
    Sweden is very rich on good Music! :viking:

Wait a minute...Martin Missy also lives in Sweden....so what about Protector??? :death:
    wishlist 2015: TROUBLE, SABBAT, Candlemass, Procession, Lord Vicar, Triptycon, Count Raven, Krux, Bolt Thrower, Morgana Lefay, Sanctuary, Flotsam and Jetsam, Morbid Angel, Anthrax, Exodus, Orchid, Forsaken (Malta), Skyclad, Riot....,
    carlynjason
    Petty Officer

by carlynjason » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:20 pm

Avatarium would be a nice add for us
  • SatansWrath
    Chief Petty Officer

by SatansWrath » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:53 pm

Naglfar and Raubtier from Sweden please.
    http://parethardrock.se/

Pissed of whishlist for the cruises:
    Turisas, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Dalriada, Motorhead, Vader, Arch Enemy, Abinchova, Northland, Sear Bliss, Watain, Slayer, Raubtier, Immortal, Xandria, Fear Factory, Rammstein, Running Wild
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:54 pm

How about Amaranthe from Sweden? :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:00 pm

cowboy71 wrote:How about Amaranthe from Sweden? :)

No
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:07 pm

cowboy71 wrote:So we've got one party in Finland that will get Sonata Arctica.
    Then the ship itself is heading north from Denmark. Maybe to Norway? Or hopefully to the Faroe Isles to get Tyr :viking:

Norway AND the Faroes would be awesome. Send separate scouting parties using the ship's lifeboats as tenders.
    Faroe Islands for Tyr, and Norway for Emperor/Immortal/Keep of Kalessin/Borknagar/Ihsahn/Leprous/Vintersorg/Pagan's Mind/you name it..... :lol:
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:59 pm

I'd be happy if we got Avatarium or Amaranthe. Avatarium because they're awesome and Amaranthe because people hate them so much. They seem to be most people's Sabaton or Arkona. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Cardest
    Chief Petty Officer

by Cardest » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:03 am

My guess, would be Entombed AD.

Hang on, why is it now AD at the end?

I'd be curious to see them now with the new line up. Not sure what to think of it all...

Wish list 2020: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, Rippikoulu, King Diamond, Churchburn, Devin Townsend, Amorphis, Bewitcher, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch
    Cardest
    Chief Petty Officer

by Cardest » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:09 am

Oh and call me lame, but I am a late comer to Artillery.

Always seen the name around, but since being added, I instantly looked them up
    on the uTubes etc. Cool.

I wonder who this Danish band could be?
    Some of you say Pretty Maids.

Would King Diamond still be considered Danish?

Wish list 2020: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, Rippikoulu, King Diamond, Churchburn, Devin Townsend, Amorphis, Bewitcher, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch
    Cardest
    Chief Petty Officer

by Cardest » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:12 am

Fukkkk!! Maybe, it's the new Bloodbath?!??!!?!

With Nick Holmes as new vocalist. I can see the scouting party hooking them up onbroad!

Or Hypocrisy, finally.....nah, never gonna happen is it?

Someone at UMC should dress up the scouting party in boys scout uniforms, but with band pathes and shit. haha

:boobs:

Brodd
    Petty Officer

by Brodd » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:21 am

Artillery!!! The Danes are taking over this cruise :D

If we get another band from Denmark it would be cool to see either Illdisposed, Pretty Maids, HateSphere (even though they played last year), Svartsot, Huldre, Dawn of Demise, Heidra, Vanir, Iniquity or even Dizzy Miss Lizzy although we already have one Danish rock band in DAD.
    "Vi kæmper kun for øl
    Vi kæmper kun for øl
    Vi kæmper kun for øl og for penge
    Og hvis vi ingen penge får
    Og ingen øl ligeså
    Så må i kæmpe kampen uden os!"
    Skål!

70K 2011, Barge to Hell, 70K 2015
    Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:52 am

Pellaz wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:So we've got one party in Finland that will get Sonata Arctica.

Norway AND the Faroes would be awesome. Send separate scouting parties using the ship's lifeboats as tenders.
    Faroe Islands for Tyr, and Norway for Emperor/Immortal/Keep of Kalessin/Borknagar/Ihsahn/Leprous/Vintersorg/Pagan's Mind/you name it..... :lol:

Vintersorg should preferably be picked up by ship, because Vintersorg hails from a town located on the shore of northeastern Sweden.

Personally I want more bands from outside Europe and definitely outside Scandinavia and Finland.
Post Reply 3601 posts