Post Reply 3600 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

Re: Another Scouting Party?

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:50 am

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:
    heidevolk probably will not be abroad. I would love it if they were abroad though (seeing i missed them in 2013)
    but they are very busy with the new alblum.
    the question is if they can finish it on time and if they work it out with NB

they'd better finish and get onbroad!!! :bitch:
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:31 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Dutchguy-Tim wrote:
    heidevolk probably will not be abroad. I would love it if they were abroad though (seeing i missed them in 2013)

I've been talking to the guys in Heidevolk a lot and they are saying that the album should be done before January. I saw them at Paganfest last year but would love to see them again.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    AmelieM
    Petty Officer

by AmelieM » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:45 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Yeah I thought either Within Temptation or Revamp were a sure thing this year, so maybe 2015?

Would love to see either of them on broad.

ReVamp were asked last year... then we all know what happened. :bitch:

As for Within Temptation, I have never heard of them being in contact with UMC, but they might have been.
    After seeing them during their recent North American tour though, I had to remove them from my wishlist... Really not digging their new direction :|
    Alestorm-/-Amon-Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Be'lakor-/-Dark-Tranquillity-/-Edguy-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Gloryhammer-/-Gojira-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Ophaned-Land-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Kamelot-/-Kataklysm-/-Sabaton-/-Septic-Flesh-/-Seventh-Wonder-/-Suidakra-/-Tarot-/-Therion-/-Wintersun
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:15 am

ok first time looking at the new layout. I DON'T LIKE CHANGE. There used to be a button that said "view unread posts" and that was how I did it. Looks like that button's gone.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:18 am

Wait, it is there now. It wasn't there a minute ago I swear. Nevermind.

Edit: I wasn't logged in, that's what happened. Don't judge me I'm drunk.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:30 am

ok, been watching videos on youtube. one band I am regretting I missed is Glory Hammer.
    :stagger: :smash: :shots:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:12 am

cowboy71 wrote:SCOUTING PARTY RECAP

So we've got one party in Finland that judging by the clue will get Sonata Arctica or Wintersun.
    Another in Denmark that will get Pretty Maids, then travel to Sweden.
    Another in England that will get Venom.
    And the ship itself is heading for the Netherlands.

Could also be heading for northwest Germany. Plenty of good bands from Hamburg, like Gamma Ray, Helloween, Iron Savior, Masterplan, Stormwarrior and Vogelfrey to name a few.
    http://www.metal-archives.com/search/ad ... ame=#bands
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:22 am

Jotunheimr wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Dutchguy-Tim wrote:

I've been talking to the guys in Heidevolk a lot and they are saying that the album should be done before January. I saw them at Paganfest last year but would love to see them again.

the recordings of the album should be done before January, that's true. they're in the studio right now (first 2 songs have been fully recorded )
    but the whole production of the album will probably not be done before the cruise.
    off course i do hope the guys have been feeding me false info in order to surprise me
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:44 am

Speedy wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:SCOUTING PARTY RECAP

So we've got one party in Finland that judging by the clue will get Sonata Arctica or Wintersun.
    Another in Denmark that will get Pretty Maids, then travel to Sweden.
    Another in England that will get Venom.
    And the ship itself is heading for the Netherlands.

Could also be heading for northwest Germany. Plenty of good bands from Hamburg, like Gamma Ray, Helloween, Iron Savior, Masterplan, Stormwarrior and Vogelfrey to name a few.
    http://www.metal-archives.com/search/ad ... ame=#bands

Gamma Ray, Helloween, Masterplan or Dark Age would be nice additions.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:38 pm

I haven't seen Gamma Ray live since the first cruise! Would LOVE to have them back :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:13 am

You forgot to mention Running Wild though i figure they are probably way too expensive.
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:41 am

What about Sodom, Destruction, and Kreator?
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:42 am

Metalwrath wrote:You forgot to mention Running Wild though i figure they are probably way too expensive.

I deliberately left them out since Wacken is 'world exclusive' next year.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:43 am

Could we hope for a Halloween announcement? :?
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:02 am

Mr.Kito wrote:Could we hope for a Halloween announcement? :?

We can always hope. I wouldn't expect however.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.

• Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:35 pm

Speedy wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:You forgot to mention Running Wild though i figure they are probably way too expensive.

I deliberately left them out since Wacken is 'world exclusive' next year.

Ah didn't know they'd changed the info on that gig to world exclusive.Although most people had feared the worst about this.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:47 pm

For the 2013 cruise, Tyr, Tiamat, and Evergrey were announced around the date of Halloween. So there is precedent. They were not themed as Halloween announcements however:

70000tons wrote:
    2012/11/01
    From Sweden’s West to East Coast

After sailing into the Skagerrak, we made a quick stop over at Gothenburg and then on through the Øresund. All the while the weather was EVERGREY. On the other side, back in the Baltic Sea, we cruised North along the Swedish East Coast till Stockholm to meet a goddess: Please also welcome TIAMAT on board 70000TONS OF METAL, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise.
    2012/10/30
    A Quick Stop At The Faroe Islands!

After crossing the North Atlantic we stopped at the Faroe Islands to pick up some good old friends… please welcome TÝR on board 70000TONS OF METAL, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise. Now we continue our journey into the Norwegian Sea, course East South-East.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:56 pm

cowboy71 wrote:

For the 2013 cruise, Tyr, Tiamat, and Evergrey were announced around the date of Halloween. So there is precedent. They were not themed as Halloween announcements however:

70000tons wrote:
    2012/11/01
    From Sweden’s West to East Coast

After sailing into the Skagerrak, we made a quick stop over at Gothenburg and then on through the Øresund. All the while the weather was EVERGREY. On the other side, back in the Baltic Sea, we cruised North along the Swedish East Coast till Stockholm to meet a goddess: Please also welcome TIAMAT on board 70000TONS OF METAL, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise.
    2012/10/30
    A Quick Stop At The Faroe Islands!

After crossing the North Atlantic we stopped at the Faroe Islands to pick up some good old friends… please welcome TÝR on board 70000TONS OF METAL, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise. Now we continue our journey into the Norwegian Sea, course East South-East.

Interesting how they were near the Øresund at this time in 2012 as well, maybe the boat will head towards Sweden/The Faroes again.
    2025:

Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:25 am

[*]It has been quite a while since 70000TONS OF METAL has been sighted. The last time they were sailing North through the Øresund. But today we got word that they dropped off another scouting party next to these beautiful bridges and then sailed off East South-East. Do you know where those bridges are and what kind of poisonous game The Skipper is playing?[*]

so no Sweden/The Faroes
    so it could be the netherlands, belgium, germany, france (most logical)
    but seeing repeats it could very well be switserland...

Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:31 am

cowboy71 wrote:For the 2013 cruise, Tyr, Tiamat, and Evergrey were announced around the date of Halloween. So there is precedent. They were not themed as Halloween announcements however:

Yeah, I remember. And Helloween wasn't halloween themed either :lol:
    Last edited by Mr.Kito on Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:01 am

Stained Class wrote: Don't judge me I'm drunk.

I have seen you no other way. ;)
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:23 am

Dimma wrote:
    Stained Class wrote: Don't judge me I'm drunk.

I have seen you no other way. ;)

:lol: definitely dont judge me by how I was on the cruise. That was fucking messy. I don't think I actually remember meeting you :oops: definitely gonna drink a little less next year. A little.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:21 pm

My prediction, Venom announcement on halloween.

or not
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:26 pm

onenight wrote:
    or not

I second that :headbanger:
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:54 am

For Halloween, The Protector of the Manilla Road will sacrifice the pretty maids with a Razor, injecting Venom !
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:34 pm

One trick and a couple treats sure would be nice :headbanger:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:27 pm

Over a month since the last band anouncement.
    That's a bummer.
    Hoped we'd get a Halloween announcement at least.

:evil:

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:06 am

Nope for Halloween the sailors have a big pumpkin in their as* !
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:36 pm

Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:35 pm

at 81 day's till departure and 29 bands left, we are at the point of more than 1 band every third day.
    it is time to start breaking this down.
    I want to buy a new cd and I can not afford one every other day :bitch: so bring on the announcements :bitch:
    :stagger: :heavydrink: :3drunks: :smash: :shots: :cheers: :party:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:39 pm

Azazel101 wrote:at 81 day's till departure and 29 bands left, we are at the point of more than 1 band every third day.
    it is time to start breaking this down.
    I want to buy a new cd and I can not afford one every other day :bitch: so bring on the announcements :bitch:
    :stagger: :heavydrink: :3drunks: :smash: :shots: :cheers: :party:

THIS. SO. MUCH. THIS!!!

Breaking it down further - we will be flying to the US about a week before the cruise, so take another 7 days off the amount of time to buy CDs of artists we want to check out beforehand.

AND THEN! There is the fact that to get anything other than the major players in metal I have to resort to getting CDs from overseas, so add anything from a week to a month for shipping.

AND then those times could get longer still around xmas/new year due to the volume of xmas mail and also holidays.

Basically, any band announced after xmas, if I want to check out beforehand I'll have to resort to illegal downloads.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:26 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Basically, any band announced after xmas, if I want to check out beforehand I'll have to resort to illegal downloads.

Or youtube et al
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • LauraW
    Crewman

by LauraW » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:05 pm

Last year, I just downloaded a bunch of the late-to-be-announced bands from Spotify so I could listen on the flights and during free time prior to departure. I think I'd gotten a good taste of all but those announced in the last week in time to have a good idea of which I'd want to see. You can always go back and buy CDs in support of them after the fact and at least they make a tiny bit off the Spotify listens.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:44 pm

LOL - I know :) I was kinda being extreme in my point-making with the illegal-downloading remark :D

But it certainly does make it difficult if I want to take specific items for bands to autograph, if they are announced at the last minute.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    carlynjason
    Petty Officer

by carlynjason » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:52 pm

Also the point of hit and miss, i cant think of many bands that i like every album, if hit a dodgy one might not even bother with them and then regret it later, as cowboy knows we dont have many bands coming here which is one of the main reasons to do the cruise.
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:13 am

RIP the scouting parties. They must have been lost or eaten by cannibals.
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:41 am

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:RIP the scouting parties. They must have been lost or eaten by cannibals.

They are alive! they brought us a new forum :D
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:39 pm

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:RIP the scouting parties. They must have been lost or eaten by cannibals.

They were trying to book Wintersun but got stuck building Jari a new studio.
    2025:

Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:14 am

maybe tehy indeed lost some scouts (which is common) and they are now making some obituary's.........

Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:42 am

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:

maybe tehy indeed lost some scouts (which is common) and they are now making some obituary's.........

or maybe they're having some very dark funeral for them...
Post Reply 3600 posts