Post Reply 3600 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Another Scouting Party?

by acidbasement » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:56 am

I was just looking at last year's announcement thread. At the start of November there were 14 bands announced, one of which was Kamelot, so effectively 13. So he still had to announce 27 bands to make 40 (I think there were 41 though, ja?).

This year, we have 31 bands announced as of today, meaning there are 29 (or more?) still to come.

Last year, maybe four bands were announced in November, ending the crazy drought, and one band in early December. Then, on Dec. 23, the multiple-band announcements started coming in quickly. I'm guessing we might be looking at something similar this year.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:37 pm

Yep - last year's drought ended 9th November 2013 and we got The Haunted, Satyricon, Cripper and Victory that month then Obituary early December.

Then another break of 3 weeks before we had 21 bands announced from December 24 to the date of the cruise.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:35 am

cowboy71 wrote:Then another break of 3 weeks before we had 21 bands announced from December 24 to the date of the cruise.

50% of the lineup announced during the last month prior to sailing... oh man.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:34 am

Another reason for a huge gap in between the announcements might be the fact that they have to print new ads (big ass signs) every time a new band is announced and place them in venues all over the US and Canada. Doing that repeatedly could get expensive and tedious.

2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:01 am

i was thinking.. "what's up with all those bridges?" okay, he's giving us hints for the next bands.. but why bridges?

then i was reading the "forum v2.0" post and I just realized we are all posting in a forum called "THE BRIDGE" (oh really?!?! genious) i know it's pretty obvious, but still

does this have something to do with the "poisonous game" the skipper is supposed to be playing? or am i just overthinking things a little bit? :?
    Last edited by Mr.Kito on Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:08 am

Mr.Kito wrote:i was thinking.. "what's up with all those bridges?" okay, he's giving us hints for the next bands.. but why bridges?

i was reading the "forum v2.0" post and I just realized we are all posting in a forum called "the bridge"...

does this have something to do with the "poisonous game" the skipper is playing? or am i just overthinking things a little bit? :?

you may be on to something there.
    could be bridging between bands.... would be cool to see some bands unite just for the cruise
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:10 am

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:
    Mr.Kito wrote:i was thinking.. "what's up with all those bridges?" okay, he's giving us hints for the next bands.. but why bridges?

i was reading the "forum v2.0" post and I just realized we are all posting in a forum called "the bridge"...

does this have something to do with the "poisonous game" the skipper is playing? or am i just overthinking things a little bit? :?

you may be on to something there.
    could be bridging between bands.... would be cool to see some bands unite just for the cruise

Like "metal all stars" or something?
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:12 am

Mr.Kito wrote:i was thinking.. "what's up with all those bridges?"

Maybe he's hinting about BEYOND THE BRIDGE being onbroad. :wank: :bangers:
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:27 am

Speedy wrote:
    Mr.Kito wrote:i was thinking.. "what's up with all those bridges?"

Maybe he's hinting about BEYOND THE BRIDGE being onbroad. :wank: :bangers:

Dude. Yeah.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Empire
    Crewman

by Empire » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:55 pm

those bridges are not in Solingen :evil:
    2011: missed, 2012 - 2020: survived 2021-2022: lost 2023-2024: survived 2025: #SOON
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:39 am

Empire wrote:those bridges are not in Solingen :evil:

UnACCEPTable! :bitch:
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:25 am

Speedy wrote:
    Empire wrote:those bridges are not in Solingen :evil:

UnACCEPTable! :bitch:

May Andy hear you...
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

• FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:26 am

The bridges are in our as*ses, they are friends with the halloween anouncement !
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:21 pm

Jari just posted a picture of a bridge on his page.Titled "Another Dimension" it is a upside down picture of the underside of a bridge.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:40 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Then another break of 3 weeks before we had 21 bands announced from December 24 to the date of the cruise.

50% of the lineup announced during the last month prior to sailing... oh man.

tick tock....tick tock....yep.
    This will be my 4th cruise and
    yet, here I am, getting impatient.
    You'd think I'd learned by now.

Do you all know if the bands
    are all booked but it's all hush-hush?
    I don't see why it would be this way.

:boobs:

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:21 pm

As azazel101 posted elsewhere, Kataklysm have announced they are going into the studio to record their new album in January.

And 70k is not listed in their tourdates on their facebook.

So maybe they have withdrawn from 70k and its part of the reason for the silence from the Skipper?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:23 pm

cowboy71 wrote:As azazel101 posted elsewhere, Kataklysm have announced they are going into the studio to record their new album in January.

So maybe they have withdrawn from 70k and its part of the reason for the silence from the Skipper?

Facebook post starts with "There is no rest for the wicked as they say" (no cruise vacation) and ends with "This December, the campaign which saw the band play 150 shows will conclude with three shows in Mexico."Couldn't be more clearly than that,so back to 30 bands.Somewhere in the past (Late March on Facebook Forum Fiends)I stated the breakdown of announcements as half by December 1 ,than 10 in December and 20 in January.Nice to be back on course!
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:29 pm

cowboy71 wrote:As azazel101 posted elsewhere, Kataklysm have announced they are going into the studio to record their new album in January.

Joey mentioned on the FB group that he talked to them a couple weeks ago and they said they were excited about being on. Stranger things have happened around here though...
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:59 pm

Indeed. While I personally think they will still be on the cruise, it could very easily have been:

TWO WEEKS AGO:
    "Damn we are excited about the cruise!"

ONE WEEK AGO:
    *awesome producer becomes available, only available in January*

Hasta La Vista, cruise.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:37 pm

Claim the Throne posted this on their facebook:

Claim The Throne wrote:A few people have asked what we are doing on the FORGED IN FROST tour in the big gap between the east and west... Well we are heading to 70.000 Tons of Metal 2014 to DRINK & PARTY & WATCH AWESOME BANDS. But if you'd like to see us perform too then spread the word.... The 70000tons Facebook and website forum are probably good places to start.

So c'mon Skipper. They are gonna be on broad ANYWAY. Have 'em play!!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:18 am

They also said it was going to take place in multiple studios so maybe the cruise falls in between sessions
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: The Art Of Partying At Sea

by cowboy71 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:52 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Interview andy did at Summer Breeze, he stated that more bands would be announced this week. Cool.

Also stated that the announcements would not drag out as long as previous years, except one big surprise that he will keep us in suspense about.

Really hope things happen this way!!!

I posted that on August 15th.

Since that date we've had:
    - Four bands announced
    - One band pull out
    - Over seven weeks since the last band added
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: The Art Of Partying At Sea

by bodomdragon » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:52 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Interview andy did at Summer Breeze, he stated that more bands would be announced this week. Cool.

Also stated that the announcements would not drag out as long as previous years, except one big surprise that he will keep us in suspense about.

Really hope things happen this way!!!

I posted that on August 15th.

Since that date we've had:
    - Four bands announced
    - One band pull out
    - Over seven weeks since the last band added

Andy really, really gets to piss me off.
    Wishlist:

Dundee
    Crewman

by Dundee » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:05 am

I think this non-announcement-policy is just disrespectful against all the people who paid a lot of money for this cruise. :evil:
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:14 am

Dundee wrote:I think this non-announcement-policy is just disrespectful against all the people who paid a lot of money for this cruise. :evil:

We've gone through this every year. I was hoping that things would be different this time and I'm disappointed...but not surprised.
    Dundee
    Crewman

by Dundee » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:11 pm

It's my 3rd druise so I'm not surprised either. Still can't understand that Andy isn't getting more serious about the annoucements after all this critics. However, it will be a great cruise anyway so I don't want getting to mad about this.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:22 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote:Been this way for 5 cruises already, never expected it to change.
    I can agree that is could/should be handled differently, but am not at all surprised at the way it is run.

My only issue with it, is that he said in that interview it WOULD be different.

To say that and then continue with the same old tactics is not cool.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:47 pm

Maybe the guy doesn´t have bands to announce
    metal4ever
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:39 pm

broegaard wrote:Maybe the guy doesn´t have bands to announce

He has bands to announce.
    He had bands booked before we set sail for the last cruise.
    I would be willing to bet that he has at least 1/2 of the remaining booked all ready but this is the way he likes to do this.
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:42 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    gnoff_the_creep wrote:Been this way for 5 cruises already, knever expected it to change.
    I can agree that is could/should be handled differently, but am not at all surprised at the way it is run.

My only issue with it, is that he said in that interview it WOULD be different.

To say that and then continue with the same old tactics is not cool.
    Old saying is "if it ain't broke,don't fix it " applies here.It is a business after all ,cabins have sold well so be need to fill them.Like everyone says it has been this way every year ,first couple of years they had to establish the cruise but after that no.What if they announced all 60 bands by June and cruise only filled 75% of cabins.They would permanently screw themselves into announcing everything early because if they went back to "normal " pattern, people would think something went wrong.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    Tono_Fyr
    Crewman

by Tono_Fyr » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:37 pm

Eh, I'm excited to know what other bands are going to be on the cruise, but I'm not really worried/angry about it... then again, I'm super excited about several bands on the bill already, so I'm not terribly distraught about the current lack of half the line up.

Way I see it, it's already awesome, and can only get better. I understand the folks who aren't excited about any of the bands that are currently on the bill being upset, but my observation is this: Previous years have been consistently awesome, even with lack of solid line up announcements.

I'm just saying, have a little faith.
    Wishlist:
    --Æther_Realm--Alarum--Amon_Amarth--Arcturus--Arjen_Luccassen--Atheist--Battlecross--Blind_Guardian--Borknagar--Candlemass--Cynic--Devin_Townsend--DOLL$BOXX--Dread_Crew_of_Oddwood--Dysrhythmia--Ensiferum--Freak_Kitchen--Gamma_Ray--Glittertind--Goatwhore--Gojira--Gordian_Knot--Green_Carnation--Holy_Grail--Ihsahn--Katatonia--Leprous--Machinae_Supremacy--Ne_Obliviscaris--Nightingale--Nile--Opeth--Pain_Of_Salvation--Raintime--Riverside--Sigh--Skeletonwitch--Steel_Panther--Symphony_X--Tengger_Cavalry--Thank_You_Scientist--Three--Turisas--Tyr--Unleash_The_Archers--Winds--Wintersun--Words_of_Farewell--Zimmer's_Hole--

2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:19 pm

Tono_Fyr wrote:Way I see it, it's already awesome, and can only get better. I understand the folks who aren't excited about any of the bands that are currently on the bill being upset, but my observation is this: Previous years have been consistently awesome, even with lack of solid line up announcements.

I'm just saying, have a little faith.

Completely agree, and if someone wasn't at least slightly excited about ANY of the bands currently listed then this would probably be the wrong ship for them anyways.

Now everyone just relax for another couple of weeks, as on the 21st we'll get another announcement and people will owe me beer :givebeer:
    70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:25 am

deathmetalpat wrote:Old saying is "if it ain't broke,don't fix it " applies here.It is a business after all ,cabins have sold well so be need to fill them.Like everyone says it has been this way every year ,first couple of years they had to establish the cruise but after that no.What if they announced all 60 bands by June and cruise only filled 75% of cabins.They would permanently screw themselves into announcing everything early because if they went back to "normal " pattern, people would think something went wrong.

Umm, this makes no sense. If they sold out the cruise, it would. We (as in the "cruise family") seem to think that because we like the cruise so much and try and go every year means there's a lot of hype elsewhere and that people are just waiting to throw their money at Andy. Nope, talking to people who haven't been on the cruise shows that while a lot of people look at it like something they might do some time in the future, most also say the high price makes it a lot more lineup dependent. And at least for us Europeans and the Upsidedownians making the decision to go in January just isn't going to happen.
    Most festivals, and most music cruises announce their lineups early year after year. And if a festival or cruise has proven to be so amazing that the lineup doesn't really matter, they sell out in a heartbeat with only a handful (if that) bands announced. And I don't think 70k is there yet. It could be, but with so many people bitching about the lack of announcements, it won't.

For me personally, this year is different in that I didn't book early and am not in the slightest bit annoyed by the lack of bands. Ok, maybe a bit annoyed or I wouldn't be writing this. I'm anxious to hang our with good friends in January, not so much about the cruise itself. It almost feels like a necessary evil that I have to go to to meet my friends. Sure, there are a few bands I'm thrilled to see, and without a doubt there'll be a couple more come January.

And I think this year has been a bit better in that at the very least UMC has been posting photos on their facebook and such, so there hasn't been a real radio silence this year. What does annoy me is the fact that they decided to bring back the scouting parties and the "we're headed south south-east" posts and the clues about next announcements, and then nothing.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:38 am

The problem here is that 70000 tons of Metal has no serious competitor. That gives the skipper the freedom to do as he pleases, because we are still filling his boat. Last year he was absolutely disastrous and he still sold out. What would make one think that this year is going to be different? According to the numbers, looks like some 85-90% of the boat is already sold out.

In the end, as we all cruisers know, Andy delivers, and the experience once in the boat is close to perfect. The problem is that Andy delivers the way he wants to. If there was another good cruise with very similar features (and dates) to this one and with the whole lineup announced months ago, he would be forced to act differently, and probably in a more pleasant way for us customers. But so far this looks like a utopical, unrealistic situation, so we have to deal with it. And it pisses me off big time.
    Wishlist:

Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:58 am

Memnoch wrote:What does annoy me is the fact that they decided to bring back the scouting parties and the "we're headed south south-east" posts and the clues about next announcements, and then nothing.

I Totally second that.. but i'm not worried.. just anxious and very veeeery curious about next announcements. :shred:
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:26 am

in all 4 previous cruises the announcements came slow. but he, Andy ALWAYS delivers. so why worry
    yeah, it may not be the perfect strategy but as longs as it works for andy, why bother?

in any case the scouting parties have returned. there are clues again, which is way more then last time.

just sit back and enjoy the ride
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:34 am

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:Andy ALWAYS delivers. so why worry
    yeah, it may not be the perfect strategy but as longs as it works for andy, why bother?

Because some of us want time to get familiar with ALL the bands onbroad, and decide which ones we like and which ones we don't. Unfortunately I haven't listened to every single metal band ever, so chances are some of the 30 bands left will be complete or almost complete strangers to me. I want the chance to listen to them carefully before departing in order to make sure I don't miss anything I don't want to miss.

This point has been mentioned several times before, and luckily enough, not only by me.
    Wishlist:

Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:57 am

bodomdragon wrote:This point has been mentioned several times before, and luckily enough, not only by me.

Specially if we're dealing with smaller bands, we need time to know and maybe give them our support by attending to the shows and buying their merch... but if andy only announce them 5 days before we set sail, then it becomes harder to do that.

Its awesome to see the bands you love, but is always nice to know some new awesome bands.
    Dundee
    Crewman

by Dundee » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:07 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Dutchguy-Tim wrote:Andy ALWAYS delivers. so why worry

Because some of us want time to get familiar with ALL the bands onbroad, and decide which ones we like and which ones we don't. Unfortunately I haven't listened to every single metal band ever, so chances are some of the 30 bands left will be complete or almost complete strangers to me. I want the chance to listen to them carefully before departing in order to make sure I don't miss anything I don't want to miss.

This point has been mentioned several times before, and luckily enough, not only by me.

Absolutely agree with that. I'm not worried that we get only bad bands. For me so far, the line up is really great and I'm sure, there will be also more great bands. But there's also many people, who brings some cds with them to let them sign. So it would be nice to know the line up early as not everyone can buy 20 or more cds in one month.
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:02 am

Memnoch wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:Old saying is "if it ain't broke,don't fix it " applies here.It is a business after all ,cabins have sold well so be need to fill them.Like everyone says it has been this way every year ,first couple of years they had to establish the cruise but after that no.What if they announced all 60 bands by June and cruise only filled 75% of cabins.They would permanently screw themselves into announcing everything early because if they went back to "normal " pattern, people would think something went wrong.

Umm, this makes no sense. If they sold out the cruise, it would. We (as in the "cruise family") seem to think that because we like the cruise so much and try and go every year means there's a lot of hype elsewhere and that people are just waiting to throw their money at Andy. Nope, talking to people who haven't been on the cruise shows that while a lot of people look at it like something they might do some time in the future, most also say the high price makes it a lot more lineup dependent. And at least for us Europeans and the Upsidedownians making the decision to go in January just isn't going to happen.
    Most festivals, and most music cruises announce their lineups early year after year. And if a festival or cruise has proven to be so amazing that the lineup doesn't really matter, they sell out in a heartbeat with only a handful (if that) bands announced. And I don't think 70k is there yet. It could be, but with so many people bitching about the lack of announcements, it won't.

For me personally, this year is different in that I didn't book early and am not in the slightest bit annoyed by the lack of bands. Ok, maybe a bit annoyed or I wouldn't be writing this. I'm anxious to hang our with good friends in January, not so much about the cruise itself. It almost feels like a necessary evil that I have to go to to meet my friends. Sure, there are a few bands I'm thrilled to see, and without a doubt there'll be a couple more come January.

And I think this year has been a bit better in that at the very least UMC has been posting photos on their facebook and such, so there hasn't been a real radio silence this year. What does annoy me is the fact that they decided to bring back the scouting parties and the "we're headed south south-east" posts and the clues about next announcements, and then nothing.

Yeah, what he said.
    Sure i like a few bands announced. Annihilator, Artillery, Schenker. I'd go watch the chick bands and the novelty ones.

But dude! You've got 60 spots this year! And only half full with just over two months till departure.

What's got me over the line the previous two years has been some kick arse bands. Metal Legends.

All i'm seeing now is repeats and bands i can catch at the local pub with a couple of hundred others.

For me to spend another 5K upfront, he's gonna have to drastically change his marketing strategy.

But then again, i think the cruise has become more about catching up with friends, seeing bands is just a bonus.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
Post Reply 3600 posts