Post Reply 3601 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: Another Scouting Party?

by bodomdragon » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:48 am

Phoenix wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:The Pillow fight is one of the most fucking retarded events i've ever heard of at any metal event.The Kind of comedy commercial shit you'd expect at places like Wacken.maybe Andy would need to remember that this is not heavy metal disneyland or metal fancy dress costume party.(one already exists as rock bitch boat in Latvia during haloween) It's a metal cruise for i know this may sound shocking (metalheads) and not hipsters who want to play fancy dress competition at metal cruise.I repeat this is not Wacken..if you want it like this than please fuck off back tom Wacken and act like the Ballerman Mongos and stay there.

So go to the other set? Metalheads get to have fun like anyone else. Yes, even at black metal shows. I don't like Amaranthe, but the people that like it are free to. As long as they don't force it on me. You don't HAVE to grab a pillow if you don't want to.

Don't bother, he had to be trolling anyway :D

Of course I do think like you and I'll try to be there and be part of this pillow fight. This has to be sort of fun.
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:50 am

Phoenix wrote: but the people that like it are free to. As long as they don't force it on me.

pretty much it
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019- :(
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
    Wiper

by 218 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:50 am

Metalwrath wrote:Andy would need to remember that this is not heavy metal disneyland or metal fancy dress costume party

I don't know what's worse, the idiots that feel the need to dress up, or all the "veterens" that are pompous asshole that have to tell everyone they been on "all the cruises" at every possable opportunity.
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:16 am

218 wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:Andy would need to remember that this is not heavy metal disneyland or metal fancy dress costume party

I don't know what's worse, the idiots that feel the need to dress up, or all the "veterens" that are pompous asshole that have to tell everyone they been on "all the cruises" at every possable opportunity.

"Idiots"? "Pompous asshole"? Look in the mirror, dude.
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:34 pm

meshuggah wrote:
    218 wrote:

"Idiots"? "Pompous asshole"? Look in the mirror, dude.

If MetalWrath can say "if you want it like this than please fuck off back tom Wacken and act like the Ballerman Mongos and stay there" I guess anyone is free to reply whatever he/she pleases. Seems like it's way easier to criticise what a newbie says than what a veteran says, right?

We should all chill. Andy, give us something to talk about, for fuck's sake.
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:19 pm

This must be what all the "building anticipation" Andy talks about looks like. :roll:
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:16 pm

Holy shit. WTF happened with this conversation?

Don't do this to me, people. I don't even have any popcorn in the house! :P
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:52 pm

calm the fuck down ppl. Pillow fights are serious business! We don't want anyone getting hurt here! :evil:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:31 pm

Dundee wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:The Pillow fight is one of the most fucking retarded events i've ever heard of at any metal event.The Kind of comedy commercial shit you'd expect at places like Wacken.maybe Andy would need to remember that this is not heavy metal disneyland or metal fancy dress costume party.(one already exists as rock bitch boat in Latvia during haloween) It's a metal cruise for i know this may sound shocking (metalheads) and not hipsters who want to play fancy dress competition at metal cruise.I repeat this is not Wacken..if you want it like this than please fuck off back tom Wacken and act like the Ballerman Mongos and stay there.

I'm wondering if you ever have been to Wacken? Yes, there are some idiots and clowns. But for sure it's a minority. Most of the people who goes to Wacken are metalheads who goes there because of the bands. The worst thing in metal is this stupid "true" vs. "untrue" behavior. And no, I don't do the pillow fight but for sure I don't get upset about this. Neither do I about the beer belly competition and other so called "Ballerman" stuff. Some people really should see some things a bit more relaxed. I think we all want the same: to have a great time on board with great bands, nice people and gallons of beer. If there are some actions or bands you don't like then just move to another stage, bar, deck, whatever.

Been to Wacken 04,06 and 07.07 was so bad i swore never to go back.Since then i have seen it turn into the monster it is today.Wrestling rings,Gimmicky overpriced viking village with of course viking helmets with horns(which never existed)Any educated metalhead knows this.Screens at the festival of watching films about the festival.The festival seems to go so far out of it;'s way to get people to get wasted and not see bands it's unbelievable.And obviously as the biggest 'metal' festival it still gets exclusive shows of some bands.Like Running Wild for example.They are more of a cult underground band.It's laughable that they'd only contract that festival for cash when the majority of their fans won't go to that festival and the majority of the people at Wacken wouldn';t have the slightest idea who they are or appreciate them.The festival sells 'Wacken condoms,dildos;toasters.The list goes on and on.This is the disneyland for metalheads or wannabees since the explosion the festival had when Sam Dunne made that Headbangers journey film.Now every idiot goes to this festival and they think that going to this festival makes them a LEET metalhead.
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:45 pm

Metalwrath wrote:
    Dundee wrote:

I'm wondering if you ever have been to Wacken? Yes, there are some idiots and clowns. But for sure it's a minority. Most of the people who goes to Wacken are metalheads who goes there because of the bands. The worst thing in metal is this stupid "true" vs. "untrue" behavior. And no, I don't do the pillow fight but for sure I don't get upset about this. Neither do I about the beer belly competition and other so called "Ballerman" stuff. Some people really should see some things a bit more relaxed. I think we all want the same: to have a great time on board with great bands, nice people and gallons of beer. If there are some actions or bands you don't like then just move to another stage, bar, deck, whatever.

Been to Wacken 04,06 and 07.07 was so bad i swore never to go back.Since then i have seen it turn into the monster it is today.Wrestling rings,Gimmicky overpriced viking village with of course viking helmets with horns(which never existed)Any educated metalhead knows this.Screens at the festival of watching films about the festival.The festival seems to go so far out of it;'s way to get people to get wasted and not see bands it's unbelievable.And obviously as the biggest 'metal' festival it still gets exclusive shows of some bands.Like Running Wild for example.They are more of a cult underground band.It's laughable that they'd only contract that festival for cash when the majority of their fans won't go to that festival and the majority of the people at Wacken wouldn';t have the slightest idea who they are or appreciate them.The festival sells 'Wacken condoms,dildos;toasters.The list goes on and on.This is the disneyland for metalheads or wannabees since the explosion the festival had when Sam Dunne made that Headbangers journey film.Now every idiot goes to this festival and they think that going to this festival makes them a LEET metalhead.

I feel almost the same way. A trip to Wacken seems like more of a status symbol than anything else, where people can brag about having been to the "Heavy Metal Mecca" that others can only dream of. In my opinion, festivals like Hellfest, Graspop, and Blastfest have much better line ups (not to mention less bullshit like you mentioned above) and would sooner go to one of those than Wacken. In fact the only compelling reason for me to ever go to Wacken is the Savatage reunion show next year, and I'm actually really bummed that I'll be missing that.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240

2020 Wishlist: Arafel-/-Arcturus-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-Equilibrium-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Glittertind-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Kampfar-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Moonsorrow-/-Necrophagist-/-Norther-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-Savatage-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Varg-/-Vintersorg-/-Waylander
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:50 pm

yeah i'm pissed about the Savatage and Running Wild shows but in a crowd of 100,000 people you'd get a shit view and experience anyway.The Whole Savatage reunion thing is a farce anyway.Considering you've had JOP with Savatage members doing Hall of the mountain King anyway.And then on top of that you've had Circle 2Circle doing later Savatage albums.
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:57 pm

Metalwrath wrote:yeah i'm pissed about the Savatage and Running Wild shows but in a crowd of 100,000 people you'd get a shit view and experience anyway.The Whole Savatage reunion thing is a farce anyway.Considering you've had JOP with Savatage members doing Hall of the mountain King anyway.And then on top of that you've had Circle 2Circle doing later Savatage albums.

I want to see a JOP/C2C/Savatage show with a comprehensive setlist with old stuff and newer stuff, and with some of the classic line up (or as classic as we can get). I'm guessing the line up for Wacken will be Jon and Zakk Stevens on vocals with Jon doing keys as well, Al Pitrelli and Chris Caffery on guitars, Johnny Lee and bass, and Jeff on drums. If Al or Chris can't make it then Alex Skolnick would be a really good replacement, he's a really skilled and accomplished guitarist and his solos on the Handful of Rain album were phenomenal.

2020 Wishlist: Arafel-/-Arcturus-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-Equilibrium-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Glittertind-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Kampfar-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Moonsorrow-/-Necrophagist-/-Norther-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-Savatage-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Varg-/-Vintersorg-/-Waylander
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:49 pm

bodomdragon wrote:We should all chill. Andy, give us something to talk about, for fuck's sake.

QFT!
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:13 pm

Laura wrote:Found the thread .... :lol: fun times from 2011 and many a long gone 70k forum fiends...
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1006

Tyrwoman... Classic :cool:

Great post, especially since we hadn't all actually met yet..so long ago
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:07 am

And on a different topic, we STILL have not received any further details about the "UMC frequent cruiser program" that was first mentioned in March LAST YEAR.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Wolves-In-The-Throne-Room-/-Halestorm-/-70K
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:39 pm

Manowar wrote:"The Gods Made Heavy Metal"

In The Beginning There Was Silence And Darkness
    All Across The Earth
    Then Came The Wind And A Hole In The Sky
    Thunder And Lightning Came Crashing Down
    Hit The Earth And Split The Ground
    Fire Burned High In The Sky

From Down Below Fire Melted The Stone
    The Ground Shook And Started To Pound

The Gods Made Heavy Metal And They Saw That It Was Good
    They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell
    We Promised That We Would
    When Losers Say It's Over With You Know That It's A Lie
    The Gods Made Heavy Metal And It's Never Gonna Die

We Are The True Believers
    It's Our Turn To Show The World
    In The Fire Of Heavy Metal We Were Burned
    It's More Than Our Religion It's The Only Way To Live
    But The Enemies Of Metal We Can't Forgive

Cause We Believe In The Power And The Might
    And The Gods Who Made Metal Are With Us Tonight

We Believe In The Power And The Might

We're Here Tonight For Heavy Metal Are You Ready In The Hall
    They Have Chosen Us And We Have Heard The Call
    Gonna Tear The Roof Off With Out Sound

Crack The Walls And Shake The Ground
    Fight Tonight For Metal One And All
    Cause We Believe In The Power And The Might

You'll notice, not a single mention of pillows in this entire song ;)
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:07 pm

That's because Joey DeMaio doesn't have a sense of humor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:43 pm

meshuggah wrote:That's because Joey DeMaio doesn't have a sense of humor

Oh I'm sure he DOES have a sense of humor.

You would HAVE to, to dress like that, sing about "brothers in true metal" etc and constantly screw over the fans :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:11 pm

Cancelled more gigs than Mustaine.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:16 pm

Dimma wrote:Cancelled more gigs than Mustaine.

The only reason I would welcome either would be fore more nap time
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:36 am

I'm quite sure anybody that asks for 600k Euro to headline a festival on it's first year has a quite strong sense of Humor :P
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:45 am

Metalwrath wrote:

I'm quite sure anybody that asks for 600k Euro to headline a festival on it's first year has a quite strong sense of Humor :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:

acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:54 pm

bodomdragon wrote:We should all chill. Andy, give us something to talk about, for fuck's sake.

Hodor!
    2020 Wishlist: Boat, friends, bands, karaoke, hot, Sorrentos, Windjammer, coffee, Satan, love, alcohol.
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:05 pm

70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:29 am

Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:38 pm

Metalwrath wrote:

That's a LOT of money to play only a few songs, one really long bass solo and a bunch of boring videos showcasing other people saying how great they are.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:03 pm

Dimma wrote:Cancelled more gigs than Mustaine.

% Other bands play
    Manowar cancels %
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

by Andy » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:02 pm

Since it's been a long time that I have not heard from our Scouting Parties, I think it's about high time to call in and check what great news they have for us! To start things off, I called our Scouting Party in the UK. They bring us very Special News from Newcastle:

The legendary VENOM will play an Exclusive Live World Premiere of their Forthcoming Album as one of their two shows onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL 2015!

That's right, only onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL 2015, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise will you experience VENOM play their new album in it's entirety, before anyone else in the world has heard it. But that's not all... for you die hard VENOM fans there is more to come!

Wonder what our other Scouting Parties have to report? Our guys in the UK said they were obviously not done yet, and headed South!

• deathmetalpat
    Ensign

Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

by deathmetalpat » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:10 pm

Andy wrote:Since it's been a long time that I have not heard from our Scouting Parties, I think it's about high time to call in and check what great news they have for us! To start things off, I called our Scouting Party in the UK. They bring us very Special News from Newcastle:

The legendary VENOM will play an Exclusive Live World Premiere of their Forthcoming Album as one of their two shows onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL 2015!

That's right, only onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL 2015, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise will you experience VENOM play their new album in it's entirety, before anyone else in the world has heard it. But that's not all... for you die hard VENOM fans there is more to come!

Wonder what our other Scouting Parties have to report? Our guys in the UK said they were obviously not done yet, and headed South!

Well that is one of the teased bands,which one next.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:13 pm

Is the new announcements season officially open?

Are we finally getting new bands? :deathhorns:
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019- :(
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:14 pm

Venom, don't care at all. I am surprised they even want to do it, all I heard about was how much of a cunt Cronos was last time.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

by Jimbo2392 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:19 pm

Awesome!! Great news!! How awesome would it if the original lineup reunites and performs classics from their frst 3 albums! :bmhorns:
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:22 pm

We already guessed this one. :P So is the scouting party heading south for more English bands or are they on their way to France?
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:35 pm

mooyagi wrote:We already guessed this one. :P So is the scouting party heading south for more English bands or are they on their way to France?
    If we stay in UK, Anaal Nathrakh works into the picture.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:44 pm

:party:
    mooyagi wrote:We already guessed this one. :P So is the scouting party heading south for more English bands or are they on their way to France?

France for: Trepalium, Hacride, Gojira, and/or My Hidden Sin?
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:52 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote::party:

France for: Trepalium, Hacride, Gojira, and/or My Hidden Sin?

Don't forget Deathspell Omega!

Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

by Jimbo2392 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:54 pm

Stay in the UK for SABBAT!! :mrgreen:
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:15 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:

Yes please
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:26 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:

Yes please

+2 :shred:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:33 pm

I would say its most likely more English.

Newcastle is right up in the Northern part of England so heading south from there opens up basically all of England.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
Post Reply 3601 posts