Post Reply 3600 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
    CountArioch
    Petty Officer

Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

by CountArioch » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:11 am

acidbasement wrote:Band announcements suck. Metal is stupid. I want a pony!

Goddamn bronies...
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:54 am

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:
    biertroll wrote:.... I'm positive the MDF guys wouldn't hesitate a thought at their own try at a cruise. Don't forget, they have a good product too.

Sadly, I don't think an MDF cruise is on the horizon anytime soon. They just announced a west coast fest that's happening next October, so I'm sure they're focusing on that for the time being.

But eventually! You know, SOOOONNN!
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:41 am

Having attended MDF, and going again next May, 70K could surely use some pointers in terms of announcements, communications, etc.

I just hope that the remaining announcements are so amazing, that they will (once again) make me forget about the wait, and focus on the damn experience. Posting my wishlists on Twitter, and having At The Gates, Evergrey, Winterfylleth, Queensryche among others favorite them, makes me hopeful.
    "So sing, seaman, join my hymn of
    Blood and oil
    Sing her out, sing of our return to
    Rotten soil..."
    - AHAB
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:05 pm

There is an interview with Andy in the latest Scream Magazine. Nothing really new, the two most important points were:
    - Big names (more than one) still TBA.
    - Expect to sell out early next year based on current sales.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:59 pm

Speedy wrote:There is an interview with Andy in the latest Scream Magazine. Nothing really new, the two most important points were:
    - Big names (more than one) still TBA.
    - Expect to sell out early next year based on current sales.
    Total bullshit. Andy would of course never tell "i only have unknown bands TBA" + "expect to sell out early" is just a sentence to induce a little stress so that the customers will buy quicker.
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:14 pm

Indeed.

And "big names" is a very subjective term anyway.

For example, Speedy and I might consider Within Temptation a "big name" whereas others would not.

And you're right - he is not gonna say "yeah I've still got 30 bands to announce but they are a bunch of unknowns you wouldn't have ever heard of".

Or "you know what? I still haven't booked the last 30 bands. Fuck I'm struggling. Do you know any good bands that are available for a cruise in late January????"

:P :lol: :roll: :cry:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:42 pm

I have a theory on Slayer and Exodus both making it on board. Lee Altus plays with Heathen (already booked), and he also plays with Gary Holt in Exodus (who has no conflicting tours/shows), who has been filling in Slayer (who might be the "big name").
    Blood and oil
    Rotten soil..."
    - AHAB
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:57 pm

Just leaving this here.

From the early booking email from UMC APRIL 2013:

You are now officially a UMC GOLD Status Customer and that entitles you to a little more:

You will start to collect points in our UMC frequent cruiser program. Your previous cruises with us will count as well of course! More details on the UMC frequent cruiser program will be announced... ha, you know the answer: soon!

A special GOLD Status present.

And this, from this year's early booking email from MARCH:
    You will start to collect points in our UMC frequent cruiser program. Your previous cruises with us will count as well of course! More details on the UMC frequent cruiser program will be announced later this year.

Am still waiting for my present from last year, and when are we going to hear about this frequent cruiser program????
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:44 pm

Madkill wrote:I have a theory on Slayer and Exodus both making it on board. Lee Altus plays with Heathen (already booked), and he also plays with Gary Holt in Exodus (who has no conflicting tours/shows), who has been filling in Slayer (who might be the "big name").

Slayer would be huge, but I just don't see Andy shelling out the big Slayer money for this one, especially since he already has Venom.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:12 pm

And if Sanctuary is booked, I'll make Warrel Dane and Jeff Loomis have a beer, and reform Nevermore :heavydrink:
    Blood and oil
    Rotten soil..."
    - AHAB
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:41 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:
    Madkill wrote:I have a theory on Slayer and Exodus both making it on board. Lee Altus plays with Heathen (already booked), and he also plays with Gary Holt in Exodus (who has no conflicting tours/shows), who has been filling in Slayer (who might be the "big name").

Slayer would be huge, but I just don't see Andy shelling out the big Slayer money for this one, especially since he already has Venom.

Maybe a band from the Big 4 of Thrash is a possibility, according to the "big surprise" he has planned for us. What else could the surprise possibly be?
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

by Jimbo2392 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:58 pm

Maybe Megadeth? With their new drummer and guitarist can make their live debut on broad?
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:00 pm

Madkill wrote:And if Sanctuary is booked, I'll make Warrel Dane and Jeff Loomis have a beer, and reform Nevermore :heavydrink:

i am sorry but they will not be on broad
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:02 am

onenight wrote:Where's global warming when you need it!!?

Aah, sorry about that. The global warming (all of it) is here in Finland. I don't even remember what snow looks like anymore.

:bitch: :bitch: :bitch:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:12 am

cowboy71 wrote:Or "you know what? I still haven't booked the last 30 bands. Fuck I'm struggling. Do you know any good bands that are available for a cruise in late January????"

I'd laugh really, really hard :D
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:13 am

Jotunheimr wrote:What else could the surprise possibly be?

At this point I'm starting to think that the big surprise is that the karaoke will count as an announcement. One left to go.
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:03 am

Maybe the big surprise is At the Gates? It'd be a big surprise to everyone who has no internet access, doesn't have any friends, doesn't go to gigs etc. :P
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:55 am

I love seeing you bitch, bitch, bitch
    We're going to Jamaica, relax man
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:08 am

I'm trying not to bitch.. just relax, after everything that happened last year.

But seriously... Andy is testing my patience
    Last edited by Mr.Kito on Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:48 am

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:I love seeing you bitch, bitch, bitch
    Yeahhhhh relaxxx mannnn ; don't worrrryyy if the last anouncement are made the day we will sail and have 28shitty bands you would never have paid for .... at least there is a pool, a jaccuzi you can sleep from having paid beers. Don't worry the music is just an option !!!!!!!!!!!
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:23 am

On EMP you have an advent calender.
    On WACKEN you have an advent calender.
    On NAPALM you have an advent calender.
    On 70000 Tons you have : no more anouncements, no more videos, no more scouting team.
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:26 am

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:
    Dutchguy-Tim wrote:I love seeing you bitch, bitch, bitch
    Yeahhhhh relaxxx mannnn ; don't worrrryyy if the last anouncement are made the day we will sail and have 28shitty bands you would never have paid for .... at least there is a pool, a jaccuzi you can sleep from having paid beers. Don't worry the music is just an option !!!!!!!!!!!

What should concern you is not the quality of the remaining announcements. Last year, for instance, we had this problem and half the lineup was announced the last month. Of course we got some filler bands, like in every other festival, but many of the last minute announcements were quite good. The only thing you should care about is having enough time to get familiar with the bands, and I'm quite sure we'll have a problem with that. About the rest: just try to be a little bit more relaxed.
    Wishlist:

Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:44 am

why i'm not worried?
    i trust in Andy. he had always delivered
    the line-up so far kicks ass (in my humble opinion)
    there will be some more kick ass bands, and will they come? SOON! :lol:

• FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:44 am

As you said, I can't be familiar with 28bands in 38days, especially the last 2 or 3 ones which will for sure be anounced the day before we'll embark though they probably are booked for days. I'm very relaxed, but I really don't like this situation especially when looking previous talks of the skipper (cf. "personnal problems" "will never happen" etc).

We still miss 45% of the rooster contrary to all that had been said, which is like double an*l insertion.

If people are happy about this situation, it's their right.
    If people are unhappy and still book, it's their right.
    I'm unhappy and will not book anymore.
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:47 am

dude chill, really. why want to be familiar with ALL bands?
    leave something to surprise you
    there will be bands, yes some MAY be announced before we leave. but it won't be 28 and you know it.

• meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:45 am

Jimbo2392 wrote:Maybe Megadeth? With their new drummer and guitarist can make their live debut on broad?

Even if Megadeth is booked, Mustaine will cancel on January 21st.
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:46 am

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:. I'm very relaxed, but I really don't like this situation

This describes what i'm feeling right now.

I know Andy will deliver, and i'm okay with that... but why he doesn't give us the bands? The scouting parties were there to give us hints and the bands aren't being announced... i can't understand that. Seriously. :?
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    kramww
    Oiler

by kramww » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:31 am

http://loudwire.com/metal-allegiance-an ... ce-lineup/

Even though it's still possible, this probably rules out Exodus, as well as Anthrax, Sepultura, and Testament.
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:38 am

That doesn't rule out Exodus or Slayer.
    Blood and oil
    Rotten soil..."
    - AHAB
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:57 am

kramww wrote:

http://loudwire.com/metal-allegiance-an ... ce-lineup/

Even though it's still possible, this probably rules out Exodus, as well as Anthrax, Sepultura, and Testament.

It's still possible that maybe the big name is Metal Allegiance, it's hard, but possible.
    kramww
    Oiler

by kramww » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:27 am

Madkill wrote:That doesn't rule out Exodus or Slayer.

For some reason I thought Metal Allegiance included Gary Holt. My mistake.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:33 am

Madkill wrote:That doesn't rule out Exodus or Slayer.

Bring on that holly Tour
    Exodus/ST/Slayer
    great show
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:48 am

kramww wrote:Even though it's still possible, this probably rules out Exodus, as well as Anthrax, Sepultura, and Testament.

Testament is definitely ruled out because Eric Peterson will be at NAMM the weekend of the cruise.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:04 pm

All this talk of getting to know 28 bands, if I haven't even heard of at least 26 of those I'll be pretty pissed, more than I am already. It's pretty hard for me to at least not hear of a band, a least one in my taste range.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:03 pm

No point forking out thousands of dollars in airfares, accommodation and expenses 37 days out in the hope i'll find even 1 band i like out of the remaining 28. Any band management would be a fool to consider booking his act 5 weeks out from a gig halfway around the world.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:24 pm

Dimma wrote:No point forking out thousands of dollars in airfares, accommodation and expenses 37 days out in the hope i'll find even 1 band i like out of the remaining 28. Any band management would be a fool to consider booking his act 5 weeks out from a gig halfway around the world.

I believe that the vast majority of these bands are already booked. Andy, for whatever reason, is holding back the announcements. Either there are legal problems (a band has to finish a tour before being announced?) or personal problems (Andy Dick is being his namesake).

In any case, looking at the line-up as it stands is worth the price of admission...all additional announcements are a plus. I'm tired of being stressed out over this bullshit. It happens every year: the waiting sucks, Andy sucks, and we're gonna have a great time.
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:06 pm

meshuggah wrote:
    Dimma wrote:No point forking out thousands of dollars in airfares, accommodation and expenses 37 days out in the hope i'll find even 1 band i like out of the remaining 28. Any band management would be a fool to consider booking his act 5 weeks out from a gig halfway around the world.

I believe that the vast majority of these bands are already booked. Andy, for whatever reason, is holding back the announcements. Either there are legal problems (a band has to finish a tour before being announced?) or personal problems (Andy Dick is being his namesake).

In any case, looking at the line-up as it stands is worth the price of admission...all additional announcements are a plus. I'm tired of being stressed out over this bullshit. It happens every year: the waiting sucks, Andy sucks, and we're gonna have a great time.

If they were already booked his overseas clientele would be all over it. Heck! We have this discussion every fucking year!
    It's barely about the bands anymore. UMC have turned it into a 'catch up with friends cruise'.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:41 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:All this talk of getting to know 28 bands, if I haven't even heard of at least 26 of those I'll be pretty pissed, more than I am already. It's pretty hard for me to at least not hear of a band, a least one in my taste range.

What if "THE CROWN" were announced. :shock: :shock:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    carlynjason
    Petty Officer

by carlynjason » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:48 pm

2014 was our first cruise this will be our second & many more in the future. We had a blast! Getting to know new bands & our new Metal family \m/ from the other side of the world. Coming from Australia we have no hesitation booking early, we just want to surround ourselves with Awesome people & METAL! Looking forward to catching up with the family.
    :3drunks:
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:53 pm

carlynjason wrote:2014 was our first cruise this will be our second & many more in the future. We had a blast! Getting to know new bands & our new Metal family \m/ from the other side of the world. Coming from Australia we have no hesitation booking early, we just want to surround ourselves with Awesome people & METAL! Looking forward to catching up with the family.
    :3drunks:

We need More of This and less :bitch:
    We all know it will be great!!!!!!!!!
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • Post Reply 3600 posts