Post Reply 3638 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

Re: Vote For All-Star Jam Setlist Now!

by gundiesalvo » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:06 pm

Is there a time limit for the songs we chose? I mean, can we go into the double digits for the minutes?
    70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:36 pm

I want some different songs to vote on .... most of these are the same songs they did the last time they did Jamming with Water's . Motorhead have at least a dozen better songs to chose from, Deep Purple also. some other s Uriah Heep's Steelin' , some Rush, Alice Cooper, Blue Oyster Cult.......... just saying :cheers: :beerhorns: :givebeer:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:49 am

Don't really care what songs they'll play, but this just might be my first time watching the jam (if it's a non-smoking venue this time).
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:00 am

OK, so we're certainly not getting any announcements till 2015. They're not going to overlap the voting with announcements.
    Wishlist:
    ALLEGAEON--Amaranthe--Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Epica--Fleshgod-Apocalypse--Fractal.Gates--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--HELLOWEEN.REUNION--In.Vain--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--MOONSORROW--MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST--NE.OBLIVISCARIS--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--Onslaught--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Power.Quest--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--Therion--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Witherscape

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:04 am

bodomdragon wrote:OK, so we're certainly not getting any announcements till 2015. They're not going to overlap the voting with announcements.

I Was expecting at least one announcement before the voting
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019- :(
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:15 am

Despite the fact I think is great to have multiple things to do at the boat other than the gigs: All-Star Jam, Karaoke, Paintings, etc, I don´t have an once of excitment to watch covers from ACDC, Alice in Chains, Metallica, Deep Purple, Ozzy, etc...

All I care are the Bands and Gigs :shred:

I really can understant the reason behind not annoucing bands at this point, if they have bands "booked" under their sleeves(like Undivided Multitude, f. ex).

To generate new interest you need big annoucements(multiples bands or well known bands). For americans it is easier to make a last minute decision to buy the tickets and embark at this awesome expirience. For non americans it is another ball game. Intl airfare, Hotels, VISA(some nationalities). Maybe UMC doesn´t care about "new interest" from the single fan, I really dont know how much business comes from us(the Old Fans) and how much business comes from travel agencies.
    metal4ever
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:43 am

TOM CRUISE wrote:my sharona ? really ? seriously ? i wont vote until that is changed to the cheech and chong parody "my scrotum"

Exchanging one bad song for another makes sense.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:50 am

broegaard wrote:Despite the fact I think is great to have multiple things to do at the boat other than the gigs:

broegaard wrote:All I care are the Bands and Gigs :shred:

lol.

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:34 am

Conrad wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote:my sharona ? really ? seriously ? i wont vote until that is changed to the cheech and chong parody "my scrotum"

Exchanging one bad song for another makes sense.

Never heard the parody but the original actually has quite a cool/creative guitar solo (if you're into that kinda thing) :shred:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:42 am

Placed my votes!....
    Damn...its been so long since I've treaded the forum waters in here!.....I don't know where to start....
    I need a seasoned passenger to fill me in on the events!...message me the important forum events PLEASE :o) ie; pillow fight time/date, I got the wedding info....need details on Jamaican Beach party...Miami beach party....etc;
    I just don't have the time to search the forum for all the happenings...but have been keeping up as much as possible.....SO STOKED TO SEE EVERYONE AGAIN!!! HAILZZZZZZ :headbanger:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:45 am

debborah1 wrote:Placed my votes!....
    Damn...its been so long since I've treaded the forum waters in here!.....I don't know where to start....
    I need a seasoned passenger to fill me in on the events!...message me the important forum events PLEASE :o) ie; pillow fight time/date, I got the wedding info....need details on Jamaican Beach party...Miami beach party....etc;
    I just don't have the time to search the forum for all the happenings...but have been keeping up as much as possible.....SO STOKED TO SEE EVERYONE AGAIN!!! HAILZZZZZZ :headbanger:

Same to you Babe!!!

No clue about Jamaica but the Ft. Lauderdale party is (I think) from 2 pm to 6 pm to give ppl time to head over to Donn's Brutal Boat Bash which I'm sure you've got info on via Facebook. Can't wait to see ya again!! :headbanger:

debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:53 am

Im getting super stoked....Ive been working so much all year that I really haven't had time to keep up...and now that we are close I want to make a full proof itinerary!...
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

Re: Seasons Greetings!

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:54 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:Interesting. I know that the first time Eluveitie came to town my friend said the same thing... bad sound setup. Maybe Kreator had a similar problem?

and on that note Eluveitie's show (the pool deck) was amazing - heavier then I expected and just a great show overall .... couldn't of asked for more from them and definitely would love for them to return also :cheers:

I've seen them a lot, and that 4am pool deck show was the best I've ever seen them... It was grrreat
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-TenggerCavalry-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:00 pm

More bands left to announce than days before the cruise, alright, any fucking day now..
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Saor-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Numenorean-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:12 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Flashback. Summer Breeze, August 15th 2014.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4xquixyk4Q

"And I can promise you about announcements, its not going to take quite as long as last time, maybe except for one that I will really drag out, that will probably be a little bit of a special surprise."

Just throwing this out there again.

22 days to go, 23 bands to announce.

This time last year there were 16 bands left to announce.

Tell me again how this is different to last year? :roll: :P :lol: :cry:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:20 pm

cowboy71 wrote:"And I can promise you about announcements, its not going to take quite as long as last time, maybe except for one that I will really drag out, that will probably be a little bit of a special surprise."

No comments..... :3drunks:
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - yes

www.lalasreisen.de
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:43 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

They are ahead by one band this year percentage wise.Last year 60% of bands announced vs.this year 61.6666667%, they are doing better lol.
    My wishlist 2019 A band just one band before Christmas!
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

Re: What the Hell's Up With the Subject Lines?

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:58 pm

Advanced Mathematics 4TW!!

TexasMetalhead
    Petty Officer

by TexasMetalhead » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:44 pm

Was I the only one to notice that was Snowy Shaw playing drums, not Andre from RAGE on the video for the all star jam promo? Whoever did the editing missed that.
    2015 DECK 7
    2013 DECK 6(66)and AGAIN!!!
    2012 Deck 8 SURVIVED AGAIN!!!
    2011 DECK 6(66) MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    GregoryOfTheNorth
    Crewman

by GregoryOfTheNorth » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:48 pm

So what is the big one? Savatage? Because if Andy pulled that motherfucker off, all will be forgiven once again.

To which I also point at Wacken's website, which lists Savatage as a "European Exlusive" rather than a "Reunion Show".
    2011#4512
    2012#5535
    2013#2597
    2014#6043
    2015#2546
    2016#9597
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:54 pm

GregoryOfTheNorth wrote:So what is the big one? Savatage? Because if Andy pulled that motherfucker off, all will be forgiven once again.

To which I also point at Wacken's website, which lists Savatage as a "European Exlusive" rather than a "Reunion Show".

If he did indeed manage to get the Mountain King himself on the boat, in WHATEVER guise (TSO, JOP, Savatage)....

Too much to wish for!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:05 pm

GregoryOfTheNorth wrote:So what is the big one? Savatage? Because if Andy pulled that motherfucker off, all will be forgiven once again.

IMO it already happened Andy wrote this for Vemon : Since it's been a long time that I have not heard from our Scouting Parties, I think it's about high time to call in and check what great news they have for us! To start things off, I called our Scouting Party in the UK. They bring us very Special News from Newcastle:

The legendary VENOM will play an Exclusive Live World Premiere of their Forthcoming Album as one of their two shows onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL 2015!

That's right, only onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL 2015, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise will you experience VENOM play their new album in it's entirety, before anyone else in the world has heard it. But that's not all... for you die hard VENOM fans there is more to come!
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:23 pm

Considering there are 37 bands announced I reckon it is much better than last year irrespective of the total number this time. The extra 20 bands is a bonus. My thoughts anyway........ :cheers:
    Wishlist: Battlelore, Bloodbath, Borknagar, Communic, Dimmu Borgir, Dying Fetus, Gojira, Hypocrisy, Legion of the Damned, Midnattsol, Nightwish, Persuader, Power Trip, Suidakra, Warbringer, Whispered, Within Temptation.
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

Re: What Do You Mean The Subject Lines?

by gundiesalvo » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:29 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:

IMO it already happened Andy wrote this for Vemon : Since it's been a long time that I have not heard from our Scouting Parties, I think it's about high time to call in and check what great news they have for us! To start things off, I called our Scouting Party in the UK. They bring us very Special News from Newcastle:

The legendary VENOM will play an Exclusive Live World Premiere of their Forthcoming Album as one of their two shows onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL 2015!

That's right, only onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL 2015, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise will you experience VENOM play their new album in it's entirety, before anyone else in the world has heard it. But that's not all... for you die hard VENOM fans there is more to come!

I may just be ignorant, but I don't see the connection to Savatage there. And trust me, I really wish I did.
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

Destroy The Subject Lines.

by acidbasement » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:42 pm

gundiesalvo wrote:
    I may just be ignorant, but I don't see the connection to Savatage there. And trust me, I really wish I did.

He is saying that Venom was the big announcement, I think.
    Last edited by acidbasement on Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Brothers.of.Metal-/-Vintersorg-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Powerwolf-/-Finntroll-/-Eisbrecher-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Teräsbetoni-/-Avantasia-/-Edguy-/-Grai-/-Astral.Doors-/-Nodfyr-/-Scarab-/-Mono.Inc.-/-Kontrust-/-Heathen.Foray-/-The.Dread.Crew.Of.Oddwood-/-Turisas-/-Deathstars
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:46 pm

What I am saying is ;the big announcement was that Venom is debuting their album on 70k.It already happened so no need to guess what it is.Savatage isn't going to happen, why speculate on the big announcement when it already happened.Personally I don't care about Venom and it means nothing to me but it probably was the big announcement .
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

Re: What Do You Mean The Subject Lines?

by gundiesalvo » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:58 pm

acidbasement wrote:
    gundiesalvo wrote:

He is saying that Venom was the big announcement, I think.

I sure hope not, if THAT was his trump card and he was forced to drop it back then, he's got squat and is doomed. Well, we'll have fun, but if it's a big disaster and he can't manage to come up with at least 5 decent fairly known bands out of the last 23, with the new boats that are starting to come up, it may be the end of Andy.
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:27 pm

No way would Venom be the 'big thing' he was talking about.

They are a repeat for starters, and secondly if you are not into black metal, then you don't give two hoots about that announcement.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    GregoryOfTheNorth
    Crewman

by GregoryOfTheNorth » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:53 pm

What I mean is the special surprise he will "really drag out". That, by definition, has to come later. He blew his Venom load relatively early for it to be that.
    2011#4512
    2012#5535
    2013#2597
    2014#6043
    2015#2546
    2016#9597
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:17 pm

GregoryOfTheNorth wrote:What I mean is the special surprise he will "really drag out". That, by definition, has to come later. He blew his Venom load relatively early for it to be that.

He did drag it out ,the scouting party was by that bridge for weeks before he made it official but it totally gave it away with the clue.Dragging it out doesn't mean announcing it close to the cruise date.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:47 pm

He peaks in March.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:48 pm

Yeah still fairly sure Venom wasn't the 'big thing'. Not that I REALLY think there is going to be a big thing - just more bluff and bluster from the skipper.

Not really expecting much now for the next few days - only once have us Aussies awoken New Year's day to an announcement, and that was Orphaned Land and Crowbar for the 2012 cruise.

Aside from that, the earliest January announcement has been the 5th. So the pessimist in me says we won't get another band until Monday next week.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:47 pm

Dimma wrote:He peaks in March.

:mrgreen: I think that is how he sells cabins!Really post X-mass who is going to plan a trip ,take off vacation days and spend thousands of dollars because a band they want to see is on a cruise.And if a band wpuld get you to do that why would UMC do this with 50 cabins to sell,when they could do this in March and sell a 1,000 cabins.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:44 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:

:mrgreen: I think that is how he sells cabins!Really post X-mass who is going to plan a trip ,take off vacation days and spend thousands of dollars because a band they want to see is on a cruise.And if a band wpuld get you to do that why would UMC do this with 50 cabins to sell,when they could do this in March and sell a 1,000 cabins.

2013 i booked for Doro alone. This year i went early with his first lot of announcements, they turned out to be his 'headliners'.

It looks like Blind Guardian is his 'headliner' next year unless he pulls the proverbial outta his ass.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:10 pm

Dimma wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:

2013 i booked for Doro alone. This year i went early with his first lot of announcements, they turned out to be his 'headliners'.

It looks like Blind Guardian is his 'headliner' next year unless he pulls the proverbial outta his ass.
    Where is the eighties band with mainstream success,Saxon ,Metal Church ,Overkill or Lizzy Borden?Or a girlie band ,Delain ,Nightwish ,WT,Epica or Lacuna Coil?The cruise has lost some of what I liked (diversity ) and gained what I dislike (just another festival ,with bands that come to America anyway ).
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:52 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

They are ahead by one band this year percentage wise.Last year 60% of bands announced vs.this year 61.6666667%, they are doing better lol.

Also last year there was 6 months between announcements, currently the last band announcement was about a week ago.

2019 Wishlist:
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:54 pm

cowboy71 wrote:No way would Venom be the 'big thing' he was talking about.

They are a repeat for starters, and secondly if you are not into black metal, then you don't give two hoots about that announcement.

I don't give two hoots about it. I didn't see them at all in 2012, and I won't see them in 2015 either.

2019 Wishlist:
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:55 pm

Indeed. He needs some 'star' power. Cris Scabbia has it. Same with Doro. Lizzie and Biff, Bobby. They're all legends.

If he pulled something out like Anthrax he'd outdo himself.

And for what it's worth my main reason for initially booking was for bands that never come to Upside Down Land or once every few years.
  • Jotunheimr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jotunheimr » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:56 pm

Conrad wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:No way would Venom be the 'big thing' he was talking about.

I don't give two hoots about it. I didn't see them at all in 2012, and I won't see them in 2015 either.

For this reason, it probably isn't a band because I don't think there's a single band that will get everyone excited. The way he kept talking about it in interviews makes it seem like it's something for everyone.
    2020 Wishlist: Borknagar-/-Finntroll-/-Haggard-/-Kampfar-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Moonsorrow-/-Savatage-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:45 am

Look at the Venom announcement ,you will see that promoter buzzword "exclusive " (New album),ever see a promo for Wacken,PPUSA or any other festival?What do they build up ,well their exclusive shit.It might mean nothing to you ,but it is their little nana,nana,boo,boo I more metal than your festival!
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
Post Reply 3638 posts