Post Reply 3638 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

Re: News From The Holy Land

by meshuggah » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:55 pm

I'm always happy to watch a big fronted female fronted band :boobs: :boobs: :boobs:
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:45 pm

meshuggah wrote:I'm always happy to watch a big fronted female :boobs: :boobs: :boobs:

Ha ha ha Edit :cheers:
    Wishlist: Battlelore, Bloodbath, Borknagar, Communic, Dimmu Borgir, Dying Fetus, Gojira, Hypocrisy, Legion of the Damned, Midnattsol, Nightwish, Persuader, Power Trip, Suidakra, Warbringer, Whispered, Within Temptation.
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:06 pm

Big Female Fronted band?

Uh... Arch Enemy? Alyssa is a chick, last I checked.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Gonna take a lot to get me back next year.
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

by Andy » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:11 pm

70000TONS OF METAL would like to wish everyone around the Globe a Happy and Headbanging New Year! For those of you lucky Sailors who will be joining us in January and starting 2015 in style... Only three more weeks until we depart for round 5 of The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

We have some exciting news to share in the coming three weeks, stay tuned!

mooyagi
    Captain

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

by mooyagi » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:12 pm

He didn't say "soon" :shock:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:13 pm

Phoenix wrote:Big Female Fronted band?

Uh... Arch Enemy? Alyssa is a chick, last I checked.

Yeah, should have been more specific :) Meant of the symphonic, weenie-metal, kind :)

Because we have had others like Cripper in the past as well!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:13 pm

mooyagi wrote:He didn't say "soon" :shock:

Must be an imposter!! :lol:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:43 pm

Well he used the term "exciting news" ,I think that if there where some big surprise left, it would not be a band but something that would be positive for everyone.So I think a food and beverage credit added for all cruisers could fill the bill .This ship has a lot more "costs extra to eat places" ,so if you don't drink you could get a fancy dinner or something.Another possibility is the ability to buy a "wine and beer" package.Standard beers included and you could pay $1-3 dollars more for the special beers.
    My wishlist 2019 A band just one band before Christmas!
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:55 pm

I'd be happy with a beer package.
    70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:07 pm

beer and wine packages would be something that would please just about everyone, certainly!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:16 pm

Plus with some kind of credit ,he could finally reward repeat cruisers.You could get say $20 extra for every cruise you went on ,so 5 timers would get a credit and an extra $100 to spend.Royal Caribbean might want to do this just to keep as much of the ship open as possible(specialty eating places ).Each year we got more of the normal cruise ship add-ons,last year they even advertised the Diamond buying program at the port.I think that was the first time they did that on the cruise.
    My wishlist 2019 A band just one band before Christmas!
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:11 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:Plus with some kind of credit ,he could finally reward repeat cruisers.You could get say $20 extra for every cruise you went on ,so 5 timers would get a credit and an extra $100 to spend.Royal Caribbean might want to do this just to keep as much of the ship open as possible(specialty eating places ).Each year we got more of the normal cruise ship add-ons,last year they even advertised the Diamond buying program at the port.I think that was the first time they did that on the cruise.

That would cut my bar bill down a little :oops: :cheers:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:34 pm

The kind of things normally offered on RC cruises:

Alcoholic Packages
    The Select Package: US$40 per guest / per day. Includes:
    - Beer
    - Wines by the glass (up to US$9 value)
    - Fountain soda with Coca Cola® souvenir cup
    - Non-alcoholic cocktails

The Premium Package: USD$55 per guest / per day. Includes:
    - Call, and premium cocktails (up to US$12 value)
    - Frozen cocktails
    - Beer
    - Premium wines by the glass (up to US$14 value)
    - Non-alcoholic cocktails
    - Bottled water still (500ml)
    - Fountain soda with Coca Cola® souvenir cup
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:43 pm

I'll swap the beer package for 22 good bands!!!!
    Wishlist: Battlelore, Bloodbath, Borknagar, Communic, Dimmu Borgir, Dying Fetus, Gojira, Hypocrisy, Legion of the Damned, Midnattsol, Nightwish, Persuader, Power Trip, Suidakra, Warbringer, Whispered, Within Temptation.
    Ric Flair
    Wiper

by Ric Flair » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:56 am

Exciting News!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Skullhammer
    Oiler

by Skullhammer » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:04 am

UMC / RC will save a lot of money because of the low fuel prices.
    The oil price has decreased more than 50% since August 2014, and this boat needs a lot of it :shock:

In the Terms & Conditions they reserve the right to make a extra charge of up to 10USD (person/day).
    Maybe they do it the other way around and give us something back. I would appreciate a 100$ onboard credit :D

I'm a little bit confused about the "exciting" news. He didn't mention that this are "good" news ;)

Terms & Conditions: 8. Fuel Supplement

The Cruise Fare does not include fuel supplement charges. “Fuel Supplement” shall mean any additional charge to defray a portion of Royal Caribbean’s fuel costs. The amount of fuel supplements and government fees and taxes collected are subject to change. Royal Caribbean reserves the right to charge a fuel supplement of up to USD 10.00 per person per day, without prior notice, in the event that the price of West Texas Intermediate fuel exceeds USD 65.00 per barrel. Royal Caribbean may collect any fuel supplement in effect at the time of sailing, even if the cruise fare has been paid in full. More information about Fuel Supplements can be found here:http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentPage.do?pagename=fuel_supplement
    Jefe
    Oiler

by Jefe » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:10 am

Cabin 8489, M
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:49 am

On the subject of female fronted bands, yes, we most definitely lack in them. And the correct term is girlie metal. Arch Enemy and the likes aren't girlie bands, even if they have a female vocalist.

As for the lineup being a tad more on the extreme metal side, yes, there seems to be a lot of semi-brutal bands onbroad. What we need now is both ends of the spectrum (weenie/girlie bands and some proper death and black metal).

And we really need a doom metal band or two. My Dying Bride would be an awesome repeat.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:18 am

^^^Pay attention to what this man says.

He is all smart and stuff.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:08 am

"Exciting News"

A clue to Exciter, maybe? are they ruled out yet?
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019- :(
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:10 am

Mr.Kito wrote:"Exciting News"

A clue to Exciter, maybe? are they ruled out yet?

I'd be insanely happy to have Exciter on the ship :mrgreen:.

And I'm totally fine with some more weenie stuff, I guess I lean a bit more towards weenie than brutal... but either way, it's gonna be great so :headbanger: ON WITH THE ANNOUNCEMENTS!!! The masses are getting restless!!!! :shock:
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    manamachine
    Crewman

by manamachine » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:34 am

For those of us who do like power/heavy metal...I'd just like to point out that Pretty Maids and Primal Fear are already going to be onboard. Clearly this means Edguy, Unisonic, and Anvil are coming, right? ;D

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 4ce57c0ffc
    Last edited by manamachine on Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Wishlist:
    All the power/symphonic/thrash.
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:15 am

Pretty Maids is not power metal. They are almost 80s hair metal...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bYdAIQFLm0
    metal4ever
    manamachine
    Crewman

by manamachine » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:02 pm

broegaard wrote:Pretty Maids is not power metal. They are almost 80s hair metal...

Of course, but Edguy/Unisonic are (power/heavy metal), and they've been touring with PM. :headbanger:
    Wishlist:
    All the power/symphonic/thrash.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:11 pm

I really hope you get them cause I all ready have too many sets to catch
    I will need some down time
    going to be a rough year for me
    might have to cut back on the drinking just to see what I want to see and with the extra stage, Damn :bmhorns:
    Great Job Andy :beerbang:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:23 pm

THIS...

bernabeit wrote:I'll swap the beer package for 22 good bands!!!!
    "All in the same boat
    Rockin' on the same route,
    We gotta get together, join each other"
    - Bob Marley
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:28 pm

manamachine wrote:
    broegaard wrote:Pretty Maids is not power metal. They are almost 80s hair metal...

Of course, but Edguy/Unisonic are (power/heavy metal), and they've been touring with PM. :headbanger:

Kiske is allegedly not the most fan-friendly individual and has no interest at all in being trapped on a boat with a bunch of fans. Kai seems to enjoy cruises though so maybe he can convince Michael otherwise?

But yeah - I'm not getting my hopes up for Unisonic. Much more likely to get Helloween or Gamma Ray again.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:46 pm

At what point will we have less bands to announce than days before the cruise?

+1 on girlie bands. I would be all for At Sixes And Sevens era Sirenia, I used to love that band but I think their newest stuff is terrible. I seen them at Graspop in Belgium in 2005, caught them just in time before they went to shit.
    +1 on My Dying Bride and doom metal, in the death doom or funeral variety.
    -1000 on power metal, no thanks.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Saor-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Numenorean-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    GregoryOfTheNorth
    Crewman

by GregoryOfTheNorth » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:17 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:At what point will we have less bands to announce than days before the cruise?.

Technically we would have to travel back in time to hit this milestone.
    2011#4512
    2012#5535
    2013#2597
    2014#6043
    2015#2546
    2016#9597
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:27 pm

GregoryOfTheNorth wrote:
    Razor Ramon wrote:At what point will we have less bands to announce than days before the cruise?.

LOL.

I think his meaning was that we've hit the one band per day, how long will it now take to get back to being at more days than bands again.

I'm guessing we won't. Probably have bands announced on the day of the cruise.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    GregoryOfTheNorth
    Crewman

by GregoryOfTheNorth » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:31 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    GregoryOfTheNorth wrote:

LOL.

I think his meaning was that we've hit the one band per day, how long will it now take to get back to being at more days than bands again.

I'm guessing we won't. Probably have bands announced on the day of the cruise.

Yeah, I don't foresee any possibility other than 70,000 Tons of Last Minute Announcements either.
    2011#4512
    2012#5535
    2013#2597
    2014#6043
    2015#2546
    2016#9597
    GregoryOfTheNorth
    Crewman

by GregoryOfTheNorth » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:35 pm

I mean, realistically, 38 / 60 of 70,000 Tons have been announced, so a smarter person could say there are only 25,666 Tons of Announcements left to make, but then that invites the debate over which bands are heavier than which bands, and that just unnecessarily complicates the calculation.
    2011#4512
    2012#5535
    2013#2597
    2014#6043
    2015#2546
    2016#9597
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:43 pm

GregoryOfTheNorth wrote:I mean, realistically, 38 / 60 of 70,000 Tons have been announced, so a smarter person could say there are only 25,666 Tons of Announcements left to make, but then that invites the debate over which bands are heavier than which bands, and that just unnecessarily complicates the calculation.

And then lets not forget there are actually 154,000 tons. The 70,000 Tons is just a nod to the past.

:P

But back to the question at hand. An announcement today is unlikely, and weekend announcements are rare, so that would mean Monday at the earliest for the next announcement.

Which would put it at about 22 bands in 16 days. It would take a lot of announcements in quick succession to bring that back to parity. And that would obviously lessen the impact and 'wow factor' of the announcements.

Unless of course the bulk of the remaining bands are just filler and will have no 'wow factor' anyway.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:17 pm

Surely all of the 'heavy hitters' are off the menu now. It'll just be filler. Maybe some good filler. But filler all the same.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:45 pm

I really hope we only get some "filler bands". Most of my favourites are considered fillers and, frankly, most of the rumoured bigger acts are shite.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:19 pm

I wonder if Andy will wait another 8 days and go for the "twice as many bands as days left" landmark...
    70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
    RootOfAllEvil
    Crewman

by RootOfAllEvil » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:52 pm

cowboy71 wrote:It would take a lot of announcements in quick succession to bring that back to parity. And that would obviously lessen the impact and 'wow factor' of the announcements.

Unless of course the bulk of the remaining bands are just filler and will have no 'wow factor' anyway.

A fair point.
    I cannot begin to understand what kind of elaborate marketing strategy is behind all this (assuming there is one).

Does anybody know what percentage of the cabins was sold "last minute" (i.e. in January) on the past cruises?
    Perhaps that could give a clue why UMC are dragging out the announcements.
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:55 pm

I think it's just a sick game he plays.
    RootOfAllEvil
    Crewman

by RootOfAllEvil » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:59 pm

meshuggah wrote:I think it's just a sick game he plays.

Considering the monetary size (risk) of the whole event, that would really make him badass. :wank:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:33 pm

RootOfAllEvil wrote:Does anybody know what percentage of the cabins was sold "last minute" (i.e. in January) on the past cruises?

Around this stage (ie. 2 and a bit weeks from sailing) last year there were only 3 categories left, representing a maximum of 272 cabins (obviously it would have been a LOT less actually available, but there is no way of us knowing that data).

So I would say it was only a handful of cabins that sold in the final few weeks.

CURRENTLY, there are a heap of categories available that represent over 600 cabins. But UMC claimed in their latest newsletter there is actually only 50 cabins left.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • Post Reply 3638 posts