Post Reply 3600 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

by bodomdragon » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:20 am

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:Come on, many bands must have a week free in january, which doesn't make them on board.

That's why it's called a PREDICTION or a RUMOUR, not a FACT. See the difference? :)

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:I'm so tired about this stupidity, it's not suspense anymore, it's pure mental illness, and for the next cruise I predict even worse.

Then go somewhere else, relax and stop torturing yourself. Many of us are or have been very pissed and disappointed because of the lack of announcements and communication, and like to bitch from time to time. You definitely take it to the next level in every post you write, dude.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:44 am

Freedom of speech is important - he is entitled to say his piece, even if you think he's going a bit too far.

We've all invested $1,000s in this and we are entitled to bitch as little or as much as we want.

Who is to blame for this? THE SKIPPER. He *knows* it REALLY pisses people off. And it would be very easy to reduce the bitching around here - ANNOUNCE BANDS :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:48 am

cowboy71 wrote:Freedom of speech is important - he is entitled to say his piece, even if you think he's going a bit too far.

We've all invested $1,000s in this and we are entitled to bitch as little or as much as we want.

Who is to blame for this? THE SKIPPER. He *knows* it REALLY pisses people off. And it would be very easy to reduce the bitching around here - ANNOUNCE BANDS :)

Absolutely agree, word by word. But I also have the right to say what I think without being (excessively) offensive :)
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:53 am

And we are going to get ALL THE ANNOUNCEMENTS tomorrow :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:59 am

Yeah I don't take it bad from fellow cruisers, never.
    But also I know I seem very evil sometimes don't worry I just bite ladies :beerhorns:
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:08 am

cowboy71 wrote:And we are going to get ALL THE ANNOUNCEMENTS tomorrow :)

Noooooooo! I want to learn the remaining bands from the posters while walking to the boat. I thought we agreed on this already? :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:09 am

I actually wouldn't mind a few mystery bands that would be revealed once we're onbroad, as long as we're told in advance that it will be so. Doing all 22-24 remaining this way is a bit overkill though. :twisted:
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:16 am

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:Yeah I don't take it bad from fellow cruisers, never.
    But also I know I seem very evil sometimes don't worry I just bite ladies :beerhorns:

JUST bite? Well damn, that sounds boring :P

I dunno, I'd like at least 40 before days to go is in single digits. That's all.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:41 am

It would be easier for The organizer to come here and Just write:
    It is my way ir The highway.

But he told that this year would be different. Thats the problem.
    metal4ever
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:45 am

At least some bands communicate : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeMcVK32jvM
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:54 am

Last year, Viking Bitch threatened to kick Andy in the balls because of the announcement drought. Maybe she'll really do it this year! I'd love to get THAT up on youtube :bitch:
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:15 am

I'm flip-flopping. Sometimes I'm filled with rage at how Andy's holding back the announcements, and I really do think it's hurting ticket sales, thereby reducing the quality/popularity of acts he can afford.

But right now, I don't care, and I'd be fine getting on the boat and seeing a whole bunch of surprise bands in the running order. That would be badass.

It's going to be a blast either way and I'm looking forward to partying with you all, but it's still a piss-poor way to run a business and I probably won't book again.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:48 am

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:At least some bands communicate : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeMcVK32jvM

I'm predicting this will be our next (non-)announcement.
    Wishlist:
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:15 am

manamachine wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:Targeted ad from cookies in your browser.

Dude, it's a post. :) No ads for me.

It was a "thumbnail" for the website they linked in the post: http://www.radiobob.de/
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:34 am

I am "working" with 40 bands(like the previous years).

But in th future? I will wait for the annoucement of at least 1/2 of the bands.

Bucket list bands are getting smaller each year!!!
    metal4ever
    manamachine
    Crewman

by manamachine » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:38 am

Yeah, for some of us, those thousands of dollars are a big deal. I'm 99% sure I won't be going next year, because it's just not something I can afford each year. I live in a city that gets metal shows pretty frequently, so I'm not that concerned. Honestly, I was just looking at BG's tour, and wondered what this was. It sounded awesome, so I hopped on board (soon literally) after seeing that past years included a lot of bands I like.

But so far it's really lacking in the genres of metal that most appeal to me. I mean, seeing the couple of bands I do like, and maybe meeting some people, is still awesome. But it's not delivering what I anticipated. Or maybe it will. Ugh.
    Wishlist:
    All the power/symphonic/thrash.
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:51 am

PreCruise Activities beach parties, pirate pre cruise- cruise, Donn's Brutal Bash... Going to be worn out before the Main Event

:boobs:

Need 5 more people for the Pirate Precruise Cruise
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/9097 ... y&source=1
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    cocrorico
    Oiler

by cocrorico » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:02 am

manamachine wrote:Yeah, for some of us, those thousands of dollars are a big deal. I'm 99% sure I won't be going next year, because it's just not something I can afford each year. I live in a city that gets metal shows pretty frequently, so I'm not that concerned. Honestly, I was just looking at BG's tour, and wondered what this was. It sounded awesome, so I hopped on board (soon literally) after seeing that past years included a lot of bands I like.

But so far it's really lacking in the genres of metal that most appeal to me. I mean, seeing the couple of bands I do like, and maybe meeting some people, is still awesome. But it's not delivering what I anticipated. Or maybe it will. Ugh.

i think the same. it 's the 5th and last time i go to this cruise. I wanted to see how it is in a bigger boat, but i m so disapointed that there is more than 20 bands to be announce 2 weeks before departure... it s a shame. next year i ll keep my money in concerts i like
    2011: cabine 3541
    2012: cabine 2591
    2012: barge to hell cabine 2515
    2014: cabine 2513
    2015: cabine 2670
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:07 am

Yes I agree with you. Bigger boat and 60bands really sound astonishing and still is for one side, but for the other ... So with dollar increase and non communications, i won't go there next year.
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:14 am

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:Yes I agree with you. Bigger boat and 60bands really sound astonishing and still is for one side, but for the other ... So with dollar increase and non communications, i won't go there next year.

The dollar tendency is yet another reason for which Andy should have been especially careful to keep the customers satisfied these months. Next year for us europeans (and aussies etc) it's gonna be much more expensive to make it to the cruise and UMC's not doing everything they can to conquer our hearts. So yeah, another reason that makes his behavior absolutely incomprehensible.
    Wishlist:

• FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:35 am

I think he will anounce a big name next week or 1day before departure, and people will book like crazies next year thinking he will have another big name.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:45 am

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:
    Azazel101 wrote:I am willing to book 2016 right now!!!
    Cruise 6 has not started yet but I would be willing to book #7 today if I could completely blind
    Aren't you an organiser with a fake profile ?

damn it, you figured me out
    what ever
    :givebeer:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • erik13
    Oiler

by erik13 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:15 pm

bodomdragon wrote:I just pictured something, half a dream, half a real possibility.

20 bands (more or less) left to announce on the 21st. Then we go to the port in Ft. Lauderdale. We check in and pass the security check. And while we're walking to the gateway to the ship, we find that the corridor has been filled with posters, like the ones that have been used so far to announce the bands, only this time physical and real, announcing the remaining 20 bands. So Andy reveals 40 bands like every other year and the new 20 are announced in a new, different and surprising way.

Something like this gives me confronted feelings. I find the idea cool and it even gives me chills... except that as I've always said, I want/need time to get familiar with the bands, and I would sure miss something out.

That wouldn't be cool at all. Like you said- I want time to get to know some of the bands I haven't heard before.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:37 pm

Page 66 of 66! :wank: The dickery is beyond what I expected and I am not what you would call an optimist .That being said I am only expecting filler bands with nothing special , prove me wrong and make these people happy damit.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:48 pm

manamachine wrote:Yeah, for some of us, those thousands of dollars are a big deal. I'm 99% sure I won't be going next year, because it's just not something I can afford each year. I live in a city that gets metal shows pretty frequently, so I'm not that concerned. Honestly, I was just looking at BG's tour, and wondered what this was. It sounded awesome, so I hopped on board (soon literally) after seeing that past years included a lot of bands I like.

Yeah, same for me. There has always been some must see bands so I figured I should get on this year. I was going to wait on booking to see more of the line up but anything affordable was selling out right away. Waiting on the line up I would still be waiting. Next time if there is not some must see bands announced in the first batch of bands before tickets go on sale I'll never book this cruise again. I'll save my money for more trips to Europe. Still 22 bands though, the guy could turn me around real quick..

I do think he has something big planned though, a big "fuck you", to all of us.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:01 pm

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:At least some bands communicate : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeMcVK32jvM

"There will be other activities.....apparently"

Love it - their way of saying, even the bands that ARE ANNOUNCED don't even know what's going on :P :roll:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:23 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:I do think he has something big planned though, a big "fuck you", to all of us.
    For me one "fuck you" has already been said to us, by not answering our shouts, and making another race of non anouncements despite past promises.

Hopefully the sun will be there !
  • brunoredsox
    Crewman

by brunoredsox » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:35 pm

Let's think optimistically here: If they don't announce any more bands, we can, by law, order a partial refund :lol:
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:40 pm

So far it's looking like Ft. Lauderdale will be sunny and around 78° F, 25° C on the 21st and 22nd. The date is close enough to be in the weather forecast but we still need 22 bands..
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • erik13
    Oiler

by erik13 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:44 pm

brunoredsox wrote:Let's think optimistically here: If they don't announce any more bands, we can, by law, order a partial refund :lol:

What's the number of bands that we can get a refund?
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:51 pm

brunoredsox wrote:Let's think optimistically here: If they don't announce any more bands, we can, by law, order a partial refund :lol:

From the ticket contract:
    "The parties agree that the consideration for the entertainment portion of the Cruise including performance by all musicians on board during the Cruise shall be the sum of USD 200.00."

So even if all bands cancelled, we'd get only $200 back.
    Wishlist:
  • brunoredsox
    Crewman

by brunoredsox » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:58 pm

That's a bummer...
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:10 pm

To be fair, I don't think Andy promised to announce bands more frequently last year. I think what he basically said was that they promise to not go months without any news at all. Which, if you count all the non-announcement posts, they have done this year.

With that said... it's about TIME FOR ANOTHER ANNOUNCEMENT! :bitch:
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:21 pm

Well, ok, the non-announcements are very upsetting if not more, but I am trying to stay optimist. The last year we were in the same situation with 40 bands and the last announcements were done just the day before the departure, if I'm right - can't remember as I was already in Miami when they were announced :mrgreen: -, but all the bands were on the ship. Well, of course, it stays 22 bands to be announced in 14 days, but in a way or in another, they will be all there.

That's sure that there's a problem somewhere, but ask yourself a question now, it's the first time with 60 bands and a bigger ship with more fans, how would we manage the change if we were at the Andy's place? We had 4 cruises with 40 bands, it's a huge difference and perhabs Andy has difficulties to manage all changes details :roll: I don't think that it's his wish to upset and make us angry. I am not trying to excuse him, but it's my feeling, even if I also have some difficulties to stand this situation, as all of you.

Problem or not, I am already very happy with the 38 bands announced, well some of them as they are among my favourite bands and my biggest times will be to have fun with all of you and with all the other activities before, while and after the cruise :deathhorns: All those difficulties wont to make me change of mind for the next years, I will be there, for sure :headbanger:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

https://www.facebook.com/Bands.support.and.promotion
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:23 pm

If I see anyone throwing Andy in the pool, I'll probably help. Repeatedly. Just sayin'.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:34 pm

Warphine wrote:To be fair, I don't think Andy promised to announce bands more frequently last year. I think what he basically said was that they promise to not go months without any news at all. Which, if you count all the non-announcement posts, they have done this year.

He actually said in an interview at Summer Breeze in August, that he PROMISED announcements of bands would and I quote "not drag out like last year" apart from one surprise.

So yeah, for me at least that is the most annoying thing.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • erik13
    Oiler

by erik13 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:35 pm

Memnoch wrote:

From the ticket contract:
    "The parties agree that the consideration for the entertainment portion of the Cruise including performance by all musicians on board during the Cruise shall be the sum of USD 200.00."

So even if all bands cancelled, we'd get only $200 back.

So if there's 59 bands we get 200 back? Am I reading that correctly?
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:37 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    Warphine wrote:To be fair, I don't think Andy promised to announce bands more frequently last year. I think what he basically said was that they promise to not go months without any news at all. Which, if you count all the non-announcement posts, they have done this year.

He actually said in an interview at Summer Breeze in August, that he PROMISED announcements of bands would and I quote "not drag out like last year" apart from one surprise.

So yeah, for me at least that is the most annoying thing.

Ah, I stand corrected. I was only speaking for what he said on the boat last year, I wasn't aware of that interview.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:40 pm

No probs man - here is a link if you are interested!

The key part is right at the end in the last 30 seconds or so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4xquixyk4Q
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:05 pm

Even the Spammers have *ahem* abandoned ship!!!

:beerbang:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
Post Reply 3600 posts