Post Reply 3600 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: 4th Stage = 20 Extra Bands

by Azazel101 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:51 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Azazel101 wrote:His big announcement statement refered to a band that has never been on the cruise because they where in the studio or on tour.
    so this does not include Venom seeing they played BTH

That's probably Arse Enema

who?
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:53 pm

Next to the Venom logo is "New Album World Premiere "on the Official Band page on 70k website ,And it was added ,it wasn't there a few weeks ago ,just Venom .
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:55 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:Next to the Venom logo is "New Album World Premiere "on the Official Band page on 70k website ,And it was added ,it wasn't there a few weeks ago ,just Venom .

It was their from the time they where announced on my PC.
    must have been a glitch on yours
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:57 pm

Azazel101 wrote:His big announcement statement refered to a band that has never been on the cruise because they where in the studio or on tour.
    We are talking about the video , http://m.youtube.com/?rdm=195bx761h&cli ... 4xquixyk4Q just "he was going to stretch it out ",I think the written interview you are referring to and Arch Enemy is that band.
    Last edited by deathmetalpat on Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:04 pm

oh dear...
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:08 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:
    We are talking about the video , http://m.youtube.com/?rdm=195bx761h&cli ... 4xquixyk4Q just "he was going to stretch it out ",I think the written interview you are referring to and Arch Enemy is that band.

again, I do believe we got A.E. cause of the bigger boat, but he had said he would hold out for the big announcement, seeing A.E. was one of the first bands I disagree
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:23 pm

Azazel101 wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:

again, I do believe we got A.E. cause of the bigger boat, but he had said he would hold out for the big announcement, seeing A.E. was one of the first bands I disagree
    Here is the interview http://metal-exposure.com/interviews/in ... -of-metal/ ,dated 30th January ,2014 .A few days after the last cruise ,he had already booked a band for 2015 ,tells you all you need to know about announcements and when a band is booked.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:29 pm

The reference to "Lesser known bands" and "the first 4 global candidates" is only for potential Cripper award candidate bands only. He also states that there is normally a few lesser known or new bands.

I reckon there will be some good surprises ahead!!! And some more Power and Symphonic metal !!!

Can we even class Jungle Rot, Divided Multitude and Masacre as Cripper Award candidates as they have 7, 5 & 5 albums out respectively. I thought a Cripper Award can only go to bands with a maximum of 3 albums out???
    Wishlist: Hypocrisy Be’lakor Necrot Borknagar Blood Red Throne Earth Rot Decapitated Gatecreeper Jungle Rot Sylosis Wolfheart Within Temptation Wintersun Battelore
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:33 pm

The other surprise waiting for everyone in their cabin is a buy one beer ,get one free from Royal Caribbean, if life is a boat ride up the river I am Martin Sheen in this clip http://m.youtube.com/?rdm=195bx761h&cli ... f8RY88NGkE .
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:36 pm

bernabeit wrote:The reference to "Lesser known bands" and "the first 4 global candidates" is only for potential Cripper award candidate bands only. He also states that there is normally a few lesser known or new bands.

I reckon there will be some good surprises ahead!!! And some more Power and Symphonic metal !!!

Can we even class Jungle Rot, Divided Multitude and Masacre as Cripper Award candidates as they have 7, 5 & 5 albums out respectively. I thought a Cripper Award can only go to bands with a maximum of 3 albums out???

I agree, Jungle Rot have been around for 20 years and Masacre are even older if I am thinking of the right band
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:17 pm

Azazel101 wrote:
    bernabeit wrote:The reference to "Lesser known bands" and "the first 4 global candidates" is only for potential Cripper award candidate bands only. He also states that there is normally a few lesser known or new bands.

I agree, Jungle Rot have been around for 20 years and Masacre are even older if I am thinking of the right band

Jungle Rot and Masacre are certainly NOT Cripper award candidates!! :bitch:
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

Re: A Land Of Many Possibilities

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:21 pm

gundiesalvo wrote:
    Mr.Kito wrote:So we have Sonata Arctica, Divided Multitude, The Holy Ship Clue, Troll Clue (probably trollfest) and the Hamburg band yet to be announced or am I missing any other clues?

Since Andy is finally playing along, lets retrace:

Going back to September 25th:
    "Last night 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise set sail from Helsinki. Due to popular request we left a scouting party behind. They will gather some more Finns to join our line-up before the arctic winter arrives…

Our course: South-West"

FINLAND SCOUTING PARTY:
    "arctic" = Sonata Arctica most likely
    "winter" = if this is a clue it could either be At Winter's End, Winterwolf, Wintersun, Winterborn?
    "some more Finns" could mean there's more coming?

Then we had the Artillery annoucement hinting towards Pretty Maids. And left a Scouting Party in Denmark's side of the Bridge and the Ship continued north of the bridge, dropped a Scouting Party in UK (Newcastle, hinting Venom) and continued East South-East (Hamburg).

Next Venom is announced and says "Wonder what our other Scouting Parties have to report? Our guys in the UK said they were obviously not done yet, and headed South!" so Scouting Parties here are Finland, Denmark, and UK.

Then the ship "has been sighted sailing West in the North Sea. We heard rumors that they dropped off another Scouting Party in the beautiful city of Hamburg, Germany last night." So the ship is heading back to England?

Then Denmark scouts bring Pretty Maids and cross the bridge to Sweden

Then German scouts get Destruction and the hint goes "All these Scouting Parties (UK, Sweden, Finland, Germany by now), but where did the Holy Ship end up?"

UK SCOUTING PARTY
    "Holy Ship" = so if it was going West towards england, then maybe it's going to pick up the UK scouts and the word Holy could maybe refer to Holy Rage, Al Atkins' band?

Then the Swedish scouts split, and half go to Oslo for 1349 saying "Surely the Norwegian Scouts aren't done yet, or are they?" and hinting for:

NORWEGIAN SCOUTING PARTY
    "Undivided" = Divided Multitude
    "Troll" = most likely Trollfest
    and maybe "Metal" = no Norwegian band with the word "Metal" in their name comes to mind.

And while there is still talk of Gamma Ray on account of the German Scouting Party, we have no more clues from them, and we still have no clues for the Swedish Scouting Party.
    What am I missing?
    :death:
    Good recap ,Refuge might have covered the German ,you have to go northeast of Hamburg for awhile ,got others right and still waiting on the Finns,correct?
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:37 pm

Jungle Rot is an awesome add, now we still need Entrails ... and Orange Goblin (which is sounding unlikely do to cancelling their North American tour). so I'll take Armored Saint as a replacement.

Just saying thanks Andy for listening ... 18 more to go :cheers: :beerhorns: :givebeer:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:43 pm

Classic forumites :lol:

Bitch for weeks about no bands announced then get 4 at once and the bitching starts within 3 posts. Not saying the latest announcements should please everyone. I have no interest in the 2 I've heard of and no clue about the other 2 but FFS... no wonder Andy gets off on taunting and torturing us. Probably sees us as a bunch of whiny ingrates lol

2 weeks from right now we'll be out on the open seas having the time of our lives. If the lineup doesn't meet with your expectations, I sincerely feel bad for you and completely agree that this should give you every reason in the world to reconsider returning in the future without some of your fave bands being announced first. But please, try to see your beer stein or kool-aid glass as at least half full and make the best of it.

For most of us, we already have a killer lineup, we just got 4 bands closer to our complete roster, we have TWENTY more to go that could be anything from something new to discover to an old favourite or bucket list band and we get to throw fists and horns to the wide open skies in less than 336 hours!!!

:shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:05 pm

Pretty wide range of varying sounds/styles between these 4 adds. Surprised anyone could struggle to find at least SOMETHING to get excited about and imagine themselves enjoying onbroad :?

I mean, I'm trying to familiarize myself with all 4 now and between Jungle Rot and Abandon Hope alone I'm forced to go to both extremes of my personal range of vocals I typically enjoy (JR being too growly / AH being a bit soft). But I'm diggin' both right now enough to feel pretty sure I'd have fun at either gig if neither conflicted with one I'd ranked higher.

Just call me a heavymetaloptimist I suppose ;)

Some cool simple keys at the end of this one... AH Sally

gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

Re: A Land Of Many Possibilities

by gundiesalvo » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:08 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:
    gundiesalvo wrote:
    Mr.Kito wrote:So we have Sonata Arctica, Divided Multitude, The Holy Ship Clue, Troll Clue (probably trollfest) and the Hamburg band yet to be announced or am I missing any other clues?

Since Andy is finally playing along, lets retrace:

Good recap ,Refuge might have covered the German ,you have to go northeast of Hamburg for awhile ,got others right and still waiting on the Finns,correct?

I hope we get another german band or two, can't remember who it was but someone was very sure about Gamma Ray at some point. Also the Holy Ship thing ended up being Melechesh, I think, which means another UK band should be pending. I'm guessing we already got all the Norwegian bands by now. And yes, we're still waiting on the Finns and don't forget the Swedish.

ShoreSlayer wrote:Classic forumites :lol:

Bitch for weeks about no bands announced then get 4 at once and the bitching starts within 3 posts. Not saying the latest announcements should please everyone. I have no interest in the 2 I've heard of and no clue about the other 2 but FFS... no wonder Andy gets off on taunting and torturing us. Probably sees us as a bunch of whiny ingrates lol

HAHAHAHA! he probably does get a kick of it.

ShoreSlayer wrote:Classic forumites :lol:
    2 weeks from right now we'll be out on the open seas having the time of our lives. If the lineup doesn't meet with your expectations, I sincerely feel bad for you and completely agree that this should give you every reason in the world to reconsider returning in the future without some of your fave bands being announced first. But please, try to see your beer stein or kool-aid glass as at least half full and make the best of it.

For most of us, we already have a killer lineup, we just got 4 bands closer to our complete roster, we have TWENTY more to go that could be anything from something new to discover to an old favourite or bucket list band and we get to throw fists and horns to the wide open skies in less than 336 hours!!!

:shred:

Agreed
    70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:15 pm

4 filler bands for me none of which i have any interest in.Lineup is looking is looking extremly week for a 60 band roster.
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:31 pm

Never heard of these 4 Bands before. After hearing some Songs Divided Multitude is definetely a one-setter, Abandon Hope a 1/2-setter.
    Jungle Rot and Masacre are Pizzabands.
    Well done Andy (and don't say that not very often)......
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived
    2023 - NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:46 pm

Divided Multitude reminds me a bit of a heavier Yes.

I like Yes

a lot

:D

possibly the first Norwegian band I've been excited to have onbroad :oops:
    Last edited by ShoreSlayer on Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:54 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:
    Azazel101 wrote:

Jungle Rot and Masacre are certainly NOT Cripper award candidates!! :bitch:

by no means was I calling them that, They both have been around for over 20 years
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:56 pm

Out of these 4 Masacre is the only two setter for me. A killer add for a band I've never seen. The rest I don't care about but that's fine. The lineup is already killer for me. Lots of thrash so far already, but then again...there's never such a thing as too much thrash.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:58 pm

Azazel101 wrote:by no means was I calling them that, They both have been around for over 20 years

but wasn't last years winner Izegrim around for around 20 years and Nightmare :cheers: :beerhorns: :givebeer:
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:24 am

DragonLordJones wrote:
    Azazel101 wrote:by no means was I calling them that, They both have been around for over 20 years

but wasn't last years winner Izegrim around for around 20 years and Nightmare :cheers: :beerhorns: :givebeer:

Yes, it's new or not well known. :cheers: :beerhorns: :givebeer:
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:48 am

Jungle Rot is a good add, and a two-setter for me. Masacre is ok, and seeing how we don't have much traditional or old school death metal, they're probably a two-setter as well. The other two have zero interest for me. But all in all, a good announcement.

Now where's my girlie metal? :bitch:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:19 am

1° Thanks for the anouncements.
    2° Thanks for MASACRE, i've never seen them and have never thought I will see them on the 70 000tons. It's a big surprise for me.
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    carlynjason
    Petty Officer

by carlynjason » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:23 am

4 days of this and will be a happy lil vegemite, masacre a nice one, now more girlie metal please, gentle storm would be prolific, just my 2 cents worth, at current exchange rates becomes almost 2.8 billion dollars
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:51 am

I'm happy to see lots of Norwegian bands onbroad this year, something there's not been a lot of previously.Image
    2011: 0
    2012: 1 - Tristania
    BTH: 3 - Enslaved, Mayhem, Kampfar
    2013: 0
    2014: 2 - Keep of Kalessin, Satyricon (+Leaves' Eyes Germany/Norway)
    2015: ≥5 - 1349, Divided Multitude, Einherjer, Triosphere, Trollfest (+Kampfar, Leprous, The Sirens rumored/speculated)
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:54 am

carlynjason wrote:now more girlie metal please, gentle storm would be prolific

Gentle Storm would be nice, but not going to happen methinks. While I'd love to see Anneke on the boat, at least I get to see her in February (23rd) in Helsinki - two sets even (quite 70k-ish :lol: ), one set Anneke, one acoustic set Arjen&Anneke (expecting some Gentle Storm songs).

Wait, that doesn't really make you feel any better, does it? Sorry! :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

by Memnoch » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:28 am

erik13 wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:
    brunoredsox wrote:Let's think optimistically here: If they don't announce any more bands, we can, by law, order a partial refund :lol:

From the ticket contract:
    "The parties agree that the consideration for the entertainment portion of the Cruise including performance by all musicians on board during the Cruise shall be the sum of USD 200.00."

So even if all bands cancelled, we'd get only $200 back.

So if there's 59 bands we get 200 back? Am I reading that correctly?

Nope. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say anything under 30 bands would be considered a situation where we'd get a partial refund (half the bands missing, so a refund of $100 methinks).

This is all obviously useless since there's no way a business, even Andy's, would let it go to that. Wait, what am I doing here, applying logic to UMC? :lol:
    Wishlist:
    carlynjason
    Petty Officer

by carlynjason » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:59 am

Memnoch wrote:
    carlynjason wrote:now more girlie metal please, gentle storm would be prolific

Gentle Storm would be nice, but not going to happen methinks. While I'd love to see Anneke on the boat, at least I get to see her in February (23rd) in Helsinki - two sets even (quite 70k-ish :lol: ), one set Anneke, one acoustic set Arjen&Anneke (expecting some Gentle Storm songs).

Wait, that doesn't really make you feel any better, does it? Sorry! :beerwink:

go fk yoself,sooooooooooo jealous, see you on the basketball court, do not be offended if i punch you in the face,then hide behind my wife :)
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:05 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    Wishlist:
  • PonyBoy
    Wiper

by PonyBoy » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:10 am

Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:01 am

Memnoch wrote:Now where's my girlie metal? :bitch:

i support that :beerwink:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:09 am

I think the "4th Stage = 20 Extra Bands" means more like, there's just room for more bands, not that they're all going to be 4th Stage material AKA fillers.

I do have to actually listen to these bands now. No idea if they're good or not.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:11 am

If Jungle Rot is a filler band, then, by all means, let's get only filler bands! We could get rid of half of the current lineup and get more fillers!

:cheers:
    Wishlist:
  • brunoredsox
    Crewman

by brunoredsox » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:27 am

I'm not sure what you guys mean by fillers...I only knew Divided Multitude and Masacre of those four, but these are all bands with a lot of/some mileage and CD's released, and with the exception of Abandon Hope, all of these bands are signed with a label:

Divided Multitude: Formed in 1995, 5 CD's released
    Jungle Rot: Formed in 1994, 7 CD's released
    Abandon Hope: Formed in 2002, 2 CD's released
    Masacre: Formed in 1988!, 5 CD's released

I get that these are lesser known bands, but hardly fillers...In my opinion, a filler would be a band that has no history in the heavy metal world whatsoever and is crappy...I don't think that's the case here.

Better known bands doesn't mean quality! And, I don't know about you guys, but if I wanted to see only big bands, I would have bought a ticket to Wacken...
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

by Dutchguy-Tim » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:34 am

gundiesalvo wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:
    gundiesalvo wrote:t they don't have enough bands and whatnot... would it have made ANY sense to move up to a bigger ship if they didn't already have at least over half the bands they would need to fill it? I mean, they could've just kept doing the Majesty of the Seas and nobody would be complaining about having 38 announcements by the end of December, so why take the risk unless it's no risk at all?

UMC didn't CHOOSE to move from the Majesty - they had NO CHOICE. They had to move ship because Royal Caribbean were planning to decommission The Majesty of the Seas.

That fell through in the end, but by that time it was too late, contracts had been signed etc, so 70K couldn't move BACK to Majesty.

Well, then not the Majesty specifically, RC has 6 ships in the Vision class which is 80k tons, and another 4 in the Radiance class with 90k tons, so why jump to the Freedom class which is the second biggest class?

the skipper sux wrote:first interview im doing, is with andy...

Doubt he'll do interviews the first day after all the drama, he'll wait for people to be a bit happier for the interviews and have some of his "surprises" come out, unless it was to apologize for a screw up, in which case he would've probably already said something, I mean, you can't get refund if you cancel now, so he's got nothing to lose and if the cruise is gonna be less than what he promised he can't afford to have that explode on him like that, it would make sense to save face with an apology and maybe something to try to make up for it (first round of beers on the house or whatever).

Is this a fucked up way to run a festival? maybe. Have they delivered in previous years? as far as I can tell, yes. Is there reason for concern? sure, there's no way of really knowing what's going on with the rest of the bands, except that we all know the skipper is a troll who likes suspense and doesn't seem to get bothered by people ranting at him. Myself, being my first time (FINALLY), I just plan to enjoy the fuck out of this event.

sir i like the way you think :-)
    it's good to see/read these posts to
    remind me to get you a beer when we meet :cheers:
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:42 am

Okay, I've given all four a listen... only one I don't like is Abandon Hope. So 3/4 ain't bad! Jungle Rot was my favorite of the bunch, then Massacre.

More, please!
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:46 am

Did you listen to Massarce or the band we got, Masacre?
    Wishlist:
  • brunoredsox
    Crewman

by brunoredsox » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:00 am

@Memnoch: Just saw you "anything with martin van drunen" on your wishlist. If we could get Asphyx tha would be killer!!!!
Post Reply 3600 posts