Post Reply 3638 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: One More From COLOMBIA!

by Phoenix » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:14 pm

gundiesalvo wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:Cowboy... HOW do you have these corner case stats? HOW?

He's the statsman, that's how.

I know that, but that just seems SO obscure. I didn't even know sets started at 10 am, that information doesn't seem publicly available at all :/
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Gonna take a lot to get me back next year.
  • Jotunheimr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jotunheimr » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:46 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    gundiesalvo wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:Cowboy... HOW do you have these corner case stats? HOW?

He's the statsman, that's how.

I know that, but that just seems SO obscure. I didn't even know sets started at 10 am, that information doesn't seem publicly available at all :/

I think some people save the running orders from previous cruises as keepsakes. :beerwink:
    Last edited by Jotunheimr on Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2020 Wishlist: Borknagar-/-Finntroll-/-Haggard-/-Kampfar-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Moonsorrow-/-Savatage-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:08 pm

Oh fair. I didn't think they were organised enough to print handouts.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:23 pm

You get em in your cabin every morning. From reception and all over the ship.

It's how you plan stuff. Bring a highlighter!
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:31 pm

Dimma wrote:Bring a highlighter!

I use a color code/system with 3 or 4 different highlighters and still have never ended up goin to all the gigs I planned on :lol:

Except for maybe on day 3 :?
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:08 am

I'm happy with the lineup. Maybe not as many 10/10s as other years, but more consistency across the board. If the Norwegians are still always doing flip cup, the sun is always shining, and the girly drinks are always flowing than I may be short of time as it is. Hoping less pleased cruisers can get what they want, and maybe I can get Kalmah.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:44 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:

I use a color code/system with 3 or 4 different highlighters and still have never ended up goin to all the gigs I planned on :lol:

Except for maybe on day 3 :?

I always put little arrows for where I should be going next and circles for bands I need to see.

I usually somehow end up seeing a song or two from every band except for the 10am ones though. :bmhorns:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:34 pm

Being my first time around, and living in a place where we don't get ANY metal gigs at all, I'll probably spend most of my time from show to show.
    70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:47 pm

Any chance an announcement today?

Sunday announcements are a rarity, but we still have 17 bands to go.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:06 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Any chance an announcement today?

yeah, it really is time for them to just start dropping names frequently
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-TenggerCavalry-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:04 pm

Azazel101 wrote:I hope we get some more lesser unkown bands.
    some of my favorite shows where from bands that I Had never heard before or that had just reformed after like 15/20 years
    besides, somebody has to play at 10 am. we can not expect bigger bands to do that
    and then a couple to play at 3 am

This!!! Bands like Anacrusis and Poltergeist re why I continue to book. Trust me guys, you don't want 60 top names. In 70k 2012 most of the 42 were top names and some of the conflictions were utterly heartbreaking. There was no way to catch all 40 bands. Add 20 more and you have pure chaos. A bit of filler is quite necessary.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:21 pm

and you have to take into account that the 'Meet n Greets' on Day Two usually clash with at least a couple of bands you like.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:27 pm

And merch lines really do not move too quickly the first couple days
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:39 pm

I think he is giving us a breather after he blew everyone away with that last one.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Saor-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Numenorean-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:42 pm

Azazel101 wrote:And merch lines really do not move too quickly the first couple days

Is this because of just too many people trying to buy early, or is there some extra delay involving paying? If we use our SeaPass cards for merch sales, I figured that part might go fairly quickly.
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:52 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    Azazel101 wrote:And merch lines really do not move too quickly the first couple days

Is this because of just too many people trying to buy early, or is there some extra delay involving paying? If we use our SeaPass cards for merch sales, I figured that part might go fairly quickly.

nah, it's one person per sales staff, and one person who doesn't know what they want or their fucking shirt size and has to try on every shirt.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:53 pm

Pellaz wrote:

a lot of merch is brought on in small quanities so it sells out fast.
    a lot of people rush the lines the first day or so because of this.
    and all sails are done threw our sea pass cards
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:14 pm

As soon as merch opens I run through and look at the shirts to choose what I want but don't buy until a "big band" is on, I think I got in/out & done when I went back in about 30 min?

Buying merch & selection gets better every year but if you don't sacrifice a few hours in line to be one of say the first 100 people, there is a greater chance something you want will be sold out.

If a 70K shirt is all you want don't stress out there's millions of those.

Andy where's the next band?
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    manamachine
    Crewman

by manamachine » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:39 pm

biertroll wrote:As soon as merch opens I run through and look at the shirts to choose what I want but don't buy until a "big band" is on, I think I got in/out & done when I went back in about 30 min?

Buying merch & selection gets better every year but if you don't sacrifice a few hours in line to be one of say the first 100 people, there is a greater chance something you want will be sold out.

When do they start selling merch? I need a small BG shirt, so I'm thinking I'll need to move fast.
    Wishlist:
    All the power/symphonic/thrash.
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:04 pm

The t-shirt line is the bane of the boat.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:10 pm

manamachine wrote:
    biertroll wrote:As soon as merch opens I run through and look at the shirts to choose what I want but don't buy until a "big band" is on, I think I got in/out & done when I went back in about 30 min?

When do they start selling merch? I need a small BG shirt, so I'm thinking I'll need to move fast.

early morning on day two I do believe and normally the problem comes with the larger shirts so you should be ok
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:46 pm

Azazel101 wrote: normally the problem comes with the larger shirts so you should be ok

Common concert scenario for me might ensue: "Well, if they run out of XXL shirts, then I'll end up spending less money! Hooray!" <black cloud, silver lining>
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:51 pm

70K Specific and dates included on a band 'tour' t-shirt are the quick sellers and often gone in the first couple of hours
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:53 pm

Or you end up buying a shirt you really did not want just cause you had missed 3 bands standing in line.
    not that has ever happened to me :oops:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:06 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:

I think he is giving us a breather after he blew everyone away with that last one.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    EpidemicReign
    Petty Officer

by EpidemicReign » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:29 am

Would I be correct in assuming that all times on the boat (such as band schedule and whatnot) will be EST / Florida time?
    2018 Booked
    2017 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:48 am

Time is irrelevant on The Boat.

But yeah, i think so? I don't own a watch, i just went off the many clocks everywhere.

Band X on at 3.15 means it's around 3.15 :beerwink:
    EpidemicReign
    Petty Officer

by EpidemicReign » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:55 am

It didn't occur to me that there would be many clocks beyond the cabins, I was anticipating using my cell phone to stay on schedule. Guess I can just leave that damned thing in the cabin. Less junk to carry around. :cheers: Thanks!
    2018 Booked
    2017 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:30 am

Turn it off! Lest you may get 'roaming charges'. It's not worth finding out.

First cruise? Just go with the flow! Wake when you wake, sleep when you can't stand.
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:58 am

manamachine wrote:When do they start selling merch? I need a small BG shirt, so I'm thinking I'll need to move fast.

Don't want to be a downer but if band isn't touring, they usually don't bring their merchendise with them, something to do with tax and extra airfare. I was somewhat disappointed on the first cruise when I couldn't buy BG merch or merch from some other bands I wanted.
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:43 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:

I use a color code/system with 3 or 4 different highlighters

Nerd!!!

I build a spreadsheet, rank the bands and basically develop a matrix and refer to the spreadsheet when bands clash so I know who to watch.

Oh wait, that's way nerdier!!! :bangers:
    Wishlist: Battlelore, Bloodbath, Borknagar, Communic, Dimmu Borgir, Dying Fetus, Gojira, Hypocrisy, Legion of the Damned, Midnattsol, Nightwish, Persuader, Power Trip, Suidakra, Warbringer, Whispered, Within Temptation.
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:23 am

Poor mans Dallas. ;)
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:27 am

I'm bored, so here's a census of the bands so far:
    Germany - 9: Abandon Hope, Blind Guardian, Destruction, Equilibrium, Grave Digger, In Extremo, MSG, Primal Fear, Refuge
    UK - 6: Alestorm, Napalm Death, Tank, Threshold, Venom, Xentrix
    Norway - 5: 1349, Divided Multitude, Einherjer, Triosphere, Trollfest
    US - 5: Cannibal Corpse, Heathen, Jungle Rot, Municipal Waste, Origin
    Finland - 4: Amorphis, Apocalyptica, Ensiferum, Korpiklaani
    Sweden - 4: Arch Enemy, Crucified Barbara, Lake of Tears, Therion
    Denmark - 3: Artillery, D-A-D, Pretty Maids
    Canada - 2: Annihilator, Kataklysm
    Colombia - 2: Masacre, Thy Antichrist
    Israel - 1: Melechesh
    Netherlands - 1: God Dethroned
    Poland - 1: Behemoth
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Ihsahn-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Abinchova-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Elvenking-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Grave.Digger-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Izegrim-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kivimetsän.Druidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-SuidAkrA-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-U.D.O.-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:54 am

Bigger boat, several merch stands. One would assume that.... but then again, this forum has proved assumptions are meaningless.
    "All in the same boat
    Rockin' on the same route,
    We gotta get together, join each other"
    - Bob Marley
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:17 am

Madkill wrote:Bigger boat, several merch stands. One would assume that.... but then again, this forum has proved assumptions are meaningless.

I honestly don't see the merch going down any other way then previously setup (aside from having no merch line at all and ordering from a catalog or online before the cruise (yeah right!). By all means, keep the extra merch stand with only the 70k shirts. That's a great idea but keep all the other band merch together in one spot.

Imagine the horror of standing in one merch line only to find out that the one cruise specific band shirt you want is sold out and now you have to go wait 2+ hours in the OTHER merch line to hopefully get it (yeah probably not, going to be sold out by that point).

The current merch setup is slow going, but that's the way it's going to be no matter what due to the total volume of merch to pick from and the amount of people interested in buying it.

Keep in mind that Robin, Lindsay, and co. worked their butts off in the merch line last time. This is to no fault of their own.

Also, FOR THE LOVE OF SATAN, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE figure out what you want before you get up to purchase your merch! Especially for those of you (like me) that end up having to wait 2 to 2.5 hours in line, there is NO EXCUSE for you to not be ready by the time you get to the front of the line.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    manamachine
    Crewman

by manamachine » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:46 am

Warphine wrote:
    Madkill wrote:Bigger boat, several merch stands. One would assume that.... but then again, this forum has proved assumptions are meaningless.

Also, FOR THE LOVE OF SATAN, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE figure out what you want before you get up to purchase your merch! Especially for those of you (like me) that end up having to wait 2 to 2.5 hours in line, there is NO EXCUSE for you to not be ready by the time you get to the front of the line.

Are they easily visible from the back of the line? I'm all for efficiency, but I want to be able to see what my options are before I blindly choose something.
    Wishlist:
    All the power/symphonic/thrash.
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:49 am

manamachine wrote:
    Warphine wrote:

Are they easily visible from the back of the line? I'm all for efficiency, but I want to be able to see what my options are before I blindly choose something.

At least the past two years you would walk past all merch while standing in line, with maximum 1-2 people blocking the view.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Ihsahn-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Abinchova-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Elvenking-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Grave.Digger-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Izegrim-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kivimetsän.Druidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-SuidAkrA-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-U.D.O.-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:53 am

When is the best time to go to the merch stands? I have a laundry list of stuff I want to pick up if I can, hopefully all in one go. But standing in a queue for two hours just for some flags, patches and albums sounds horrible.

Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:56 am

manamachine wrote:
    Warphine wrote:

In prior years, once you made it into the main room with all the merch you will be able to see all of the merch while you are waiting in line. Obviously you won't know what is available in your size until you get to the front of the line, but you can have an idea on what shirts you want before you get up there.

To give you an idea, once I made it into the main room where I could see the merch, I still had to wait another hour or more until I got to the front of the line. So you will have plenty of time to make up your mind by then.

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:04 am

Phoenix wrote:When is the best time to go to the merch stands? I have a laundry list of stuff I want to pick up if I can, hopefully all in one go. But standing in a queue for two hours just for some flags, patches and albums sounds horrible.

No better time to go then right when it opens. Some people probably skip breakfast to wait in line before the merch opens. I never did that, and instead eat breakfast and then go wait in line. I usually end up missing the first couple bands of the day. Last year I missed Swallow the Sun's first set which really sucked but all well. It took me 2.5 hours to get my merch. :(

Post Reply 3638 posts