Post Reply 3600 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
  • GregoryOfTheNorth
    Crewman

Re: Having TROUBLE with Online Check-In?

by GregoryOfTheNorth » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:51 pm

Metal Church are also for sure not on. Priest would be cool, but they are too big for this. I could see Halford doing a solo show though...
    2011#4512
    2012#5535
    2013#2597
    2014#6043
    2015#2546
    2016#9597
    2017#9531
    2018#9847
    2019#8113
    2020#8113
    2024#9483
    Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

by Jimbo2392 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:55 pm

GregoryOfTheNorth wrote:Metal Church are also for sure not on. Priest would be cool, but they are too big for this. I could see Halford doing a solo show though...

What exacly is the status of the "Halford" band? If they are well in contact, and can reherease within the days up the to the cruise, id be awesome to see em on broad.
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:56 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:I am just blown a-fucking-way!!!

My 1st year cruise cabinmate StrangeWays Gene is friends with the band and told me they had no interest in coming again...

FrenchMachoBoy said he spoke to some insider and learned they weren't coming and his info has been somewhat reliable...

Thought, at best, I might have to settle for old vocalist Eric's new project The Skull...

I darkened them out on my wish list months ago and had lost hope. Feared I might never see them perform live with their new FUCKING ASSKICKING vocalist Kyle Thomas before I die...

I saw the word TROUBLE in Andy's most recent post and lost my shit. Couldn't even open the thread without running round the house a few times flipping out. Told Kyoko I'd have to throw Andy overbroad if he was trolling me or have his babies if it was for real.

I hope the pool girls are packing lube :shock:

I'm glad we get all these different bands that make people so happy! There really is something for everyone. This thing is going to fucking rule and I'm looking forward to meeting all of you. :beerwink: Chalking another one up for 2011 repeats.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:02 pm

I'm excited for this announcement just because of Pengy's awesome reaction. :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • GregoryOfTheNorth
    Crewman

by GregoryOfTheNorth » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:05 pm

Jimbo2392 wrote:
    GregoryOfTheNorth wrote:Metal Church are also for sure not on. Priest would be cool, but they are too big for this. I could see Halford doing a solo show though...

What exacly is the status of the "Halford" band? If they are well in contact, and can reherease within the days up the to the cruise, id be awesome to see em on broad.

I honestly don't know. They have three or four albums, so it is probably a side project that gets togethet whenever they have time? Can't see a guy like Halford not enjoying a cruise...
    2011#4512
    2012#5535
    2013#2597
    2014#6043
    2015#2546
    2016#9597
    2017#9531
    2018#9847
    2019#8113
    2020#8113
    2024#9483
    Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

by Jimbo2392 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:31 pm

This is going to be epic! Whos down to have a water fight? Lol :beerhorns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NENrMgUl8JM
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:42 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!
    OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!
    :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred:

I logged in just to see your reaction! I thought of you immediately. :mrgreen: :lol: ;) :D
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2024 - Deck 7
    2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Angel.Dust-/-Angra-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Conception-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Devin.Townsend-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Helloween-/-In.Extremo-/-Kamelot-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Powerwolf-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Riot.V-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Saor-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Serenity-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Twilight.Force-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warkings-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wintersun-/-Zebra
    manamachine
    Crewman

by manamachine » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:51 pm

Jimbo2392 wrote:

Pretty sure JP is still on tour for Redeemer of Souls? Saw them a couple months ago, and they're playing Wacken this year.
    Wishlist:
    All the power/symphonic/thrash.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:55 pm

manamachine wrote:
    Jimbo2392 wrote:

Pretty sure JP is still on tour for Redeemer of Souls? Saw them a couple months ago, and they're playing Wacken this year.

Yep. Judas Priest will be here in Australia next month.

Gonna go see them with Dragonforce supporting. Gonna be epic!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:56 pm

mooyagi wrote:I'm excited for this announcement just because of Pengy's awesome reaction. :lol:

His reaction has been awesome. :lol:
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

Re: Black And Blacker

by Dimma » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:07 pm

Phoenix wrote:Just realised, I'm a white girl with reddish hair. Generic much?

Krys, I'm taking a leaf out of your book and bringing a weird hat. Don't worry, mine will be ridiculously nerdy.

Not as generic as "Just follow the dude in the black t-shirt"

And don't worry about creepers, most forum people are pretty shy in person.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Black And Blacker

by Memnoch » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:32 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:Ashes You Leave? The Croatian band? I'm pretty sure they're still active.

yes !! oh really ? hmmmm I have their first two lp's , very good stuff

Yeah, I saw them a couple of years ago at the Underwall Festival in Zadar, Croatia. Chatted with the band after the gig and got a t-shirt. Might have to wear that on the cruise. :beerwink:

And according to Encyclopaedia Metallum they are still active. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:38 pm

Trouble is an excellent add, mostly because of Rob's reaction. :lol:
    Seriously though, I like their earlier stuff, so will try and catch at least one set.
    Wishlist:
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:47 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:FrenchMachoBoy said he spoke to some insider and learned they weren't coming and his info has been somewhat reliable...
    Yup, someone from the band told me they will not be here in 2015, I don't remember the reasons. It was in november.
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:58 am

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:FrenchMachoBoy said he spoke to some insider and learned they weren't coming and his info has been somewhat reliable...
    Yup, someone from the band told me they will not be here in 2015, I don't remember the reasons. It was in november.

It doesn't surprise me that some bands will deny being onbroad until the official announcement is made, even if everything is signed and ready.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Capt.Howdy
    Crewman

by Capt.Howdy » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:25 am

Fuckin great!!!!!

Thanks for one of the best bands on earth!!!! :deathhorns:
    Hopefully Trouble will play on the open air stage!
    wishlist 2015: TROUBLE, SABBAT, Candlemass, Procession, Lord Vicar, Triptycon, Count Raven, Krux, Bolt Thrower, Morgana Lefay, Sanctuary, Flotsam and Jetsam, Morbid Angel, Anthrax, Exodus, Orchid, Forsaken (Malta), Skyclad, Riot....,
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:27 am

Speedy wrote:
    FrenchMachoBoy wrote:

It doesn't surprise me that some bands will deny being onbroad until the official announcement is made, even if everything is signed and ready.

Does it really make any fucking difference?
    He's there to sell tickets, announcing near enough to 20 bands a week before departure beggars belief.

A non sell out is entirely his fault.
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:12 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!
    :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred:

The second I saw this announcement I knew ShoreSlayer will go balistic :D

A happy penguin is a meek penguin.
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
  • drrock
    Crewman

by drrock » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 am

Capt.Howdy wrote:Fuckin great!!!!!

Thanks for one of the best bands on earth!!!! :deathhorns:
    Hopefully Trouble will play on the open air stage!

I TOTALLY agree! This is one of my most anticipated announcements!
    These guys are awesome, saw them recently at the Hammer of doom Festival and they were AMAZING!
    I´m looking forward to great talks onbroad with Marco an dthe other guys!

Now get me BRAINSTORM and AVATARIUM onbroad and I´ll be one of the happiest guys in the world!!
    2017 = 40 yrs in rock and metal!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:22 am

My top choices for doom bands would be Avatarium, My Dying Bride and Saturnus. Preferably all of them. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:31 am

Dimma wrote:Does it really make any fucking difference?
    He's there to sell tickets, announcing near enough to 20 bands a week before departure beggars belief.
    A non sell out is entirely his fault.
    I agree with you. I don't know if there anything in the contract that prevents the bands from anouncing they are on board. But at less than 10days from departure, it's total nonsense.
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:22 am

As much as I'm pretty happy with Trouble, they are really another BTH band.

The last 12 announcements have been:

Doom, Black, Black, Death, Death, Prog, Alternative, Black, Traditional, Folk, Black, Thrash

REALLY REALLY REALLY hoping for some weenie/girlie/power announcements SOON.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:31 am

No way would Trouble be a BtH band. I could see the more metal doom bands playing the Barge, but not the 70's styled ones like Trouble.

But, yeah, I agree with you that we need a power metal (or similar) announcement. The weenies are getting restless.
    Wishlist:
  • brunoredsox
    Crewman

by brunoredsox » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:08 am

Is this the doom/stoner metal band Trouble? I used to like them when they were Doom. Maybe if they play the old stuff I'll catch a set
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:12 am

brunoredsox wrote:Is this the doom/stoner metal band Trouble? I used to like them when they were Doom. Maybe if they play the old stuff I'll catch a set

Yes, the very same. And I have similar feelings. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
  • brunoredsox
    Crewman

by brunoredsox » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:29 am

Nice addition, though. If we could get one or two more doom bands, I wouldn't mind hahahaa
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:39 am

brunoredsox wrote:Nice addition, though. If we could get one or two more doom bands, I wouldn't mind hahahaa

I know they only count partially as a doom band, but Ghost Brigade would make me the happiest man on Earth.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • brunoredsox
    Crewman

by brunoredsox » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:06 am

bodomdragon wrote:I know they only count partially as a doom band, but Ghost Brigade would make me the happiest man on Earth.

Nice one too. I would be very happy with one (or all hahahaha) of these: Candlemass, Atlantean Kodex, Isole, Doomsword
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:17 am

Are Orchid available?
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:46 am

Not a fan of Trouble, get me some doom in the death and funeral variety. 15 more chances to get something to be excited about..
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:00 am

cowboy71 wrote:As much as I'm pretty happy with Trouble, they are really another BTH band.

Doom, Black, Black, Death, Death, Prog, Alternative, Black, Traditional, Folk, Black, Thrash

Power, girlie and melodeath please. Depending on the band of probably catch sets of all three

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:13 am

Phoenix wrote:
    Power, girlie and melodeath please

I couldn't put it in a better way :headbanger:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:14 am

I'm not super excited about Trouble. I had to Google them. So we go straight from over-the-top black metal to this? Heh.

To the guy who said everybody should get a band they're super excited about, I got mine awhile back, and that's Amorphis.

Dimma wrote:Are Orchid available?

I'd certainly prefer them. They were supposed to be at SB last year but had to cancel. Electric Wizard would be better than both, even.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • brunoredsox
    Crewman

by brunoredsox » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:24 am

for me to get SUPER excited, Andy would have to bring Rolf Kasparek by boat ahhahahahahaha

I think Refuge (Rage from 1988-1993) is the closest thing to really excited I am right now!
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:19 am

Never heard of Trouble before. I'm listening to them on youtube now, and I'll try to catch a set on the boat. Not my favourite, but decent, and those '80s bands often surprise you by pulling the best live shows out of their geriatric asses.

Now, a bit of power, girlie, and folk metal please Andy.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:20 am

acidbasement wrote:Now, a bit of power, girlie, and folk metal please Andy.

Normally I'd agree with you, but we have a LOT of folk aready, don't we?

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:26 am

One more can't hurt. :viking:
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:48 am

cowboy71 wrote:As much as I'm pretty happy with Trouble, they are really another BTH band.

Really disagree with you on this. They're old school Sabathy doom not brutal doom. Many have considered Sanctuary not a Barge band even if they were on Barge and I'm sure tons of people would be complaining if Trouble was on Barge. While this technically is doom, to me this is really just classic traditional metal. Is there really anything wrong with that? :shock:
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:54 am

For me this is yet another stellar announcement. I never saw Trouble before (missed the first cruise) and love Psalm 9. A pure double setter for me! :death:
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:00 am

i wouldn't mind to have some power metal abroad to. helloween would be cool, or perhaps winterstorm
    but death would be cool to (most hoping for detklok but can't see that happening)
    and yeah, you can always please me with folk :-) (exept eluveitie and wintersun)

that being said..... ARRRRRRRRRRRRRR WE THERE YET?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
Post Reply 3600 posts