Post Reply 3638 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

Re: CORROSION OF CONFORMITY / Blind

by Dimma » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:20 am

Godflesh wrote:
    Dimma wrote:Dallas will awaken in 3 hours to this. The weenies are getting Royally Caribbean screwed!

Isn't Blind Guardian enough to satisfy the weenies?
    I bought their first album based on its cover alone (hey, no Internet in those days!), regretted it.
    They're huge at Wacken, but not my style.

AND ARCH ENEMY!!! (overload if you ask me) ;)

I dunno why they can't go to an Annihilator set, they're playing stuff from the MTV years! ;)
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
  • Godflesh
    Midshipman

by Godflesh » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:26 am

<deleted>
    Last edited by Godflesh on Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Agnostic.Front-/-Akercocke-/-Alien.Weaponry-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Animals.As.Leaders-/-Behemoth-/-Between.The.Buried.And.Me-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Star.Riders-/-Body.Count-/-Brujeria-/-Candiria-/-Candlemass-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Combichrist-/-Dark.Angel-/-Deicide-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-DRI-/-Entombed-/-Evile-/-Fear.Factory-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Galakticon.-/-Ghost-/-Godflesh-/-Gojira-/-Green.Carnation-/-Hatebreed-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Jungle.Rot-/-KMFDM-/-Kvelertak-/-Lost.Society-/-Loudblast-/-Manowar-/-Melechesh-/-Memoriam-/-Ministry-/-M.O.D.-/-Morbid.Angel-/-Morgoth-/-Municipal.Waste-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Nails-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Protector-/-Rivers.Of.Nihil-/-Ross.The.Boss-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Saxon-/-Six.Feet.Under-/-Sleep-/-Stormtroopers.of.Beer-/-Suffocation-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Tankard-/-Terrorizer-/-The.Crown-/-The.Faceless-/-The.Great.Old.Ones-/-The.Zenith.Passage-/-Thin.Lizzy-/-Triptykon-/-Trust-/-Tsjuder-/-Twelve.Foot.Ninja-/-UFO-/-Upon.A.Burning.Body-/-Vio-lence-/-Wrath-/-Xibalba
  • Godflesh
    Midshipman

by Godflesh » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:40 am

Looks like the singer I find to sound like Hetfield is Mike Dean, not Pepper Keenan.
    Agnostic.Front-/-Akercocke-/-Alien.Weaponry-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Animals.As.Leaders-/-Behemoth-/-Between.The.Buried.And.Me-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Star.Riders-/-Body.Count-/-Brujeria-/-Candiria-/-Candlemass-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Combichrist-/-Dark.Angel-/-Deicide-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-DRI-/-Entombed-/-Evile-/-Fear.Factory-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Galakticon.-/-Ghost-/-Godflesh-/-Gojira-/-Green.Carnation-/-Hatebreed-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Jungle.Rot-/-KMFDM-/-Kvelertak-/-Lost.Society-/-Loudblast-/-Manowar-/-Melechesh-/-Memoriam-/-Ministry-/-M.O.D.-/-Morbid.Angel-/-Morgoth-/-Municipal.Waste-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Nails-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Protector-/-Rivers.Of.Nihil-/-Ross.The.Boss-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Saxon-/-Six.Feet.Under-/-Sleep-/-Stormtroopers.of.Beer-/-Suffocation-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Tankard-/-Terrorizer-/-The.Crown-/-The.Faceless-/-The.Great.Old.Ones-/-The.Zenith.Passage-/-Thin.Lizzy-/-Triptykon-/-Trust-/-Tsjuder-/-Twelve.Foot.Ninja-/-UFO-/-Upon.A.Burning.Body-/-Vio-lence-/-Wrath-/-Xibalba
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:08 am

An awesome band, but not my cup of tea.

Awaiting (hoping) for one awesome melodic death metal one big power band and one girlie yet to be announced so the lineup will be IMO perfectly balanced :beerwink:
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019- :(
    2020- SOON
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:16 am

Corrosion of Conformity..

5 more zero setters to go! :headbanger:
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Saor-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Numenorean-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • brunoredsox
    Crewman

by brunoredsox » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:33 am

Corrosion of Conformity, Soufly, The Hate Colony...really???? Jesus christ...

Never thought I'd see this in the same place as God Dethroned, Enthroned and such...not smart

Three big zeros for me

Happy for the people who like this stuff, though. Have fun :givebeer:
  • Electrichead
    Crewman

by Electrichead » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:22 am

Corrosion of Conformity kicks all sorts of ass. Too bad Pepper didnt have time to make the trip to play a set with them. This pretty much tops it all off. Awesome!
    2013, 2014, 2015 survivor
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:04 am

Mr.Kito wrote:An awesome band, but not my cup of tea.

Awaiting (hoping) for one awesome melodic death metal one big power band and one girlie yet to be announced so the lineup will be IMO perfectly balanced :beerwink:

This. I just want balance where possible.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Gonna take a lot to get me back next year.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:29 am

Way to miss a great opportunity Andy... CoC were trying to get onbroad with Pepper for a Deliverance 20 year anniversary, but they needed at least a month to prepare. Blind is good, and I'll enjoy a set, but you could have had a VERY special set...
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-TenggerCavalry-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • brunoredsox
    Crewman

by brunoredsox » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:35 am

My guess for the final 5 is:

At The Gates
    Gamma Ray
    Nuclear Assault
    Helstar
    Rhapsody of Fire
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:40 am

Godflesh wrote:
    Dimma wrote:Dallas will awaken in 3 hours to this. The weenies are getting Royally Caribbean screwed!

I bought their first album based on its cover alone (hey, no Internet in those days!), regretted it.

We have 3 power metal bands on the cruise. TWO of which are repeats.

Every single previous 70K has had at least 6.

3 out of 55 compared to 6 out of 41/42 previously = not equitable
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:55 am

Lordmarioh wrote:Another U.S. band?

Yep - and another one that was rumoured.

At this rate I'm thinking any US/Canadian band rumoured, or that was on the 2012 cruise, is a big chance now.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    Lordmarioh
    Oiler

by Lordmarioh » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:11 am

brunoredsox wrote:My guess for the final 5 is:

At The Gates
    Gamma Ray
    Nuclear Assault
    Helstar
    Rhapsody of Fire

Your hopes, you mean...
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:16 am

Lordmarioh wrote:

At The Gates
    Gamma Ray
    Nuclear Assault
    Helstar
    Rhapsody of Fire

Your hopes, you mean...

My guesses:
    At The Gates
    Gamma Ray
    Nuclear Assault
    Sonata Arctica
    *lesser known swedish band*
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019- :(
    2020- SOON
    Lordmarioh
    Oiler

by Lordmarioh » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:20 am

Godflesh wrote:

That's the whole weenie whining deal! If you announce Blind Guardian as the first band, you better have at least some other 5 or 10 bands in the genre. I booked right after BG was announced, waiting for this cruise to be something similar to the first one...
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:22 am

Mr.Kito wrote:
    Lordmarioh wrote:

At The Gates
    Gamma Ray
    Nuclear Assault
    Helstar
    Rhapsody of Fire

Your hopes, you mean...

My guesses:
    At The Gates
    Gamma Ray
    Nuclear Assault
    Sonata Arctica
    *lesser known swedish band*

Dreaming. I've given up thinking positive. My guess is 5 or 6 North American bands.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:26 am

I think Andy's been saving At the Gates, and Sonata fell through. The rest will be NA bands. That seems reasonable.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

• brunoredsox
    Crewman

by brunoredsox » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:33 am

Lordmarioh wrote:

At The Gates
    Gamma Ray
    Nuclear Assault
    Helstar
    Rhapsody of Fire

Your hopes, you mean...

Nope. I don't like At The Gates
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:36 am

Phoenix wrote:I think Andy's been saving At the Gates, and Sonata fell through. The rest will be NA bands. That seems reasonable.

Sadly I think you are right.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:52 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:I think Andy's been saving At the Gates, and Sonata fell through. The rest will be NA bands. That seems reasonable.

So you're assuming that the Hamburg scouting party has ended up being a lie?
    Wishlist:
    ALLEGAEON--Amaranthe--Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Epica--Fleshgod-Apocalypse--Fractal.Gates--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--HELLOWEEN.REUNION--In.Vain--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--MOONSORROW--MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST--NE.OBLIVISCARIS--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--Onslaught--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Power.Quest--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--Therion--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Witherscape

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
  • brunoredsox
    Crewman

by brunoredsox » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:56 am

I am positive that we'll have at least 3 of those 5 names I mentioned. Gamma Ray and Nuclear Assault are my best guesses.
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:02 am

Gamma Ray or Rhapsody of Fire would finally give me an interesting announcement. Even Sonata would be ok, but only if they play an Ecliptica set. For the rest, I couldn't care less. Also, a final, unlikely surprise like Mercenary or especially Ghost Brigade would make my day.
    Wishlist:
    ALLEGAEON--Amaranthe--Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Epica--Fleshgod-Apocalypse--Fractal.Gates--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--HELLOWEEN.REUNION--In.Vain--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--MOONSORROW--MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST--NE.OBLIVISCARIS--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--Onslaught--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Power.Quest--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--Therion--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Witherscape

Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:05 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:Way to miss a great opportunity Andy... CoC were trying to get onbroad with Pepper for a Deliverance 20 year anniversary, but they needed at least a month to prepare. Blind is good, and I'll enjoy a set, but you could have had a VERY special set...

I agree. If this is the same lineup as the show that happened 2 months ago, it is Karl, Reed & a few guys from Leadfoot. Nowhere near as cool as a Pepper, Woody, Mike & Reed lineup would have been.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vektor-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:18 am

Godflesh wrote:Looks like the singer I find to sound like Hetfield is Mike Dean, not Pepper Keenan.

Mike Dean doesn't sound like Hetfield to me either.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:27 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

More like fallen through as Andy has dicked around too long. Same with the Finland scouting party.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:29 am

cowboy71 wrote: Same with the Finland scouting party.

That would be Sonata Arctica. Or, in a perfect universe, Ghost Brigade. Not all hope is lost regarding the Finnish scouts...
    Wishlist:

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:31 am

HAHAHA - yeah you could be right. As I said I'm just annoyed at the moment because even if we got 5 top-tier power-metal/girlie bands it would then only barely make it comparable to previous years.

And there is no chance at ALL that all 5 remaining bands are going to fit that bill.

At least the wife is really happy with the Corrosion of Conformity addition so Andy didn't screw us both other this time at least.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:38 am

I guess Collective Soul can be ruled out now,really WTF happened to this cruise?Not that CoC are all that bad but they could be on Shiprocked and UMCis spending money still.I guess a North Carolina band is within driving range and so are a few of their fans who have money to but tickets still.
    1)American Band
    2)Running tally 8 of last 13 from North America with 7 from USA
    3) :cry:
    My wishlist 2019 A band just one band before Christmas!
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:48 am

deathmetalpat wrote:I guess Collective Soul can be ruled out now,really WTF happened to this cruise?Not that CoC are all that bad but they could be on Shiprocked and UMCis spending money still.I guess a North Carolina band is within driving range and so are a few of their fans who have money to but tickets still.
    1)American Band
    2)Running tally 8 of last 13 from North America with 7 from USA
    3) :cry:

Really it was inevitable that this would happen - every cruise has had about 25% of bands from North America, so when we had so few going into the final 20 I feared it would be majority american. No disrespect meant to my american friends or to fans of those bands - just that I have very few American bands on my wishlist.

So yeah - the last remaining sliver of hope I have, is that he has been getting 'filler' to make up the numbers but has 5 top class bands like Gamma Ray, Sonata, At The Gates, Rhapsody, Amaranthe (because we still need a girlie band!) that he has kept up his sleeve.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:00 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

I thought we had a Hamburg band already? Or maybe I'm getting it confused with a smaller band from somewhere in Germany.

I would REALLY like at LEAST one power, one melodeath, and one girlie (two of those to keep me happy, girlie to make Dallas and Ville happy) but I figured my guess was very reasonable. At the Gates has just been heavily rumoured for SO LONG. Sonata was hinted at a while ago (them or Wintersun), and is such a big band that he would have announced them already if something didn't happen.

And that'll happen sometimes. Scar Symmetry got asked but one of the members has a bun in the oven, so next year that's the first band i think will get booked. Sonata may have fallen through for similar reasons.

Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:04 am

Well if an overseas band hasn't hopped on a plane yet, they're leaving their run a little late...

And if his 'one big surprise' at the end is in fact a 'name' band, well that just beggars belief 1 day before sailing. For the band and the potential customers it would have brought.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:20 am

Dimma wrote:And if his 'one big surprise' at the end is in fact a 'name' band, well that just beggars belief 1 day before sailing. For the band and the potential customers it would have brought.

I'd put it another way. Andy could be focusing his strategy in a "future thinking way". If the last names are indeed big names, the message he's sending to his potential customers for future cruises is: we're gonna get big names till the very end so don't hesitate to book even if you don't like the lineup yet. It is, in a way, a strategy to keep people booking in advance and not waiting till the bands they like are announced. And it's also a way to tell everyone that the last weeks are not reserved for fillers, and we can expect big news anytime.
    Wishlist:

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:20 am

Phoenix wrote: Hamburg band already? Or maybe I'm getting it confused with a smaller band from somewhere in Germany.

I would say that one fell through, because for the Destruction announcement they said "Our German Scouting Party went all the way to the South of the country"
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:22 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Dimma wrote:And if his 'one big surprise' at the end is in fact a 'name' band, well that just beggars belief 1 day before sailing. For the band and the potential customers it would have brought.

I'd put it another way. Andy could be focusing his strategy in a "future thinking way". If the last names are indeed big names, the message he's sending to his potential customers for future cruises is: we're gonna get big names till the very end so don't hesitate to book even if you don't like the lineup yet. It is, in a way, a strategy to keep people booking in advance and not waiting till the bands they like are announced. And it's also a way to tell everyone that the last weeks are not reserved for fillers, and we can expect big news anytime.

Possibly.

But if it was me....well put it this way, I'm not totally displeased with the lineup, but on the flipside if I had not booked to this point I would not be too downheartened (from a lineup perspective).

And it would probably take all 5 remaining bands to be 'two setters' for me to think "SHIT!"
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:34 am

bodomdragon wrote:I'd put it another way. Andy could be focusing his strategy in a "future thinking way". If the last names are indeed big names, the message he's sending to his potential customers for future cruises is: we're gonna get big names till the very end so don't hesitate to book even if you don't like the lineup yet. It is, in a way, a strategy to keep people booking in advance and not waiting till the bands they like are announced. And it's also a way to tell everyone that the last weeks are not reserved for fillers, and we can expect big news anytime.

I'm thinking you're correct.

And if Gamma Ray get announced I will take back every bad thing I ever said about anyone.
    Brothers.of.Metal-/-Vintersorg-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Powerwolf-/-Finntroll-/-Eisbrecher-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Teräsbetoni-/-Avantasia-/-Edguy-/-Grai-/-Astral.Doors-/-Nodfyr-/-Scarab-/-Mono.Inc.-/-Kontrust-/-Heathen.Foray-/-The.Dread.Crew.Of.Oddwood-/-Turisas-/-Deathstars
    Lordmarioh
    Oiler

by Lordmarioh » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:53 am

acidbasement wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:I'd put it another way. Andy could be focusing his strategy in a "future thinking way". If the last names are indeed big names, the message he's sending to his potential customers for future cruises is: we're gonna get big names till the very end so don't hesitate to book even if you don't like the lineup yet. It is, in a way, a strategy to keep people booking in advance and not waiting till the bands they like are announced. And it's also a way to tell everyone that the last weeks are not reserved for fillers, and we can expect big news anytime.

I'm thinking you're correct.

And if Gamma Ray get announced I will take back every bad thing I ever said about anyone.

I second that! :bangers:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:56 am

Can't see it happening. I cannot even find the post from 70k about the scouting party being in Hamburg anymore.

EDIT: Found the post on facebook - 29th of November. And yeah as I mentioned previously, the Destruction announcement on 17th December stated that the Germany scouting party "went all the way South" to collect them.

So my call is - no Hamburg announcement.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:25 am

*Deleting my comment for being pretty much a mistake*
    Last edited by bodomdragon on Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Wishlist:

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:29 am

Nah - for whatever reason, that one was never actually posted on Twitter or the website.

It was only ever actually on Facebook.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:33 am

cowboy71 wrote:Nah - for whatever reason, that one was never actually posted on Twitter or the website.

It was only ever actually on Facebook.

Ok then - I deleted my post to avoid misunderstandings.

By the way, did we get any bands from the UK after Venom? I feel too lazy to check.

The Skipper wrote:Our guys in the UK said they were obviously not done yet, and headed South!

EDIT: I think we didn't... Sylosis it is??
    Wishlist:

Post Reply 3638 posts