Post Reply 3601 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

Re: Exclusive APOCALYPTICA Album Listening Party!

by Dimma » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:29 pm

Bigger boats = more people
    More people = longer lines

Queuing sucks

Bigger boats suck
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:54 am

I agree. I miss Majesty. More people is no good. Smaller boat, less people, charge us more & make sure there is beer from pub available :party:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:49 am

I didn't mind this boat but feel that the Majesty was better suited for the 70K event. I didn't like the segmented feel to the ship, not being able to walk straight across the deck to get to where I needed to be.

The pool stage was fine but I didn't like that the floor was at different heights all over. A flatter surface would have been nicer (and more safe). The Platinum Theater was okay but the Chorus Line seemed like it had more floor space for standing. Plus, in some spots the sound was pretty bad. The Studio B/Ice Rink stage was my favorite. Floor got pretty nasty, though. :lol: The Sphynx = The Spectrum, so meh. Glad I barely had to go in there. I really liked the Promenade and the Hoof and Claw Pub. It was a good place to run into people and just hang out for a little bit.

The food was terrible aside from the beef tenderloin in the main dining room. That was delicious. Windjammer breakfast was particularly bad. Even the bacon seemed off. Sorrento's was unable to keep up with the demand when the Windjammer was closed.

Taking 2 and a half hours to get on the ship was awful. I couldn't believe how long that line took. Plus, they couldn't find our sea passes when we did get through so we didn't get our gold 70K ones. Our room attendant was really nice. Liked the towel monkey and alligator that he made. He wasn't happy with how long it took for us to leave the room the last morning. :lol:

As for the performances, my five favorites were Melechesh (Ice Rink), Therion (Platinum Theater), Behemoth (Pool), Threshold (Platinum Theater), Alestorm (Ice Rink). The all-star jam was also really good.

There were far too many technical issues. The first day always starts late but it was disappointing that it happened again. Enough will be said about the pool stage being late. Apocalyptica had to start 45 minutes late in the theater. A lot of bands seemed to be delayed at least a little bit and some had issues while playing as well. Jeff Waters seemed particularly pissed off during the pool set.

All in all, I had a blast again despite the issues, though this was my least favorite of the 6 cruises. We aren't sure if we'll be back but a great lineup would help the Skipper take my money. ;)
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:01 am

mooyagi wrote:I didn't mind this boat but feel that the Majesty was better suited for the 70K event. I didn't like the segmented feel to the ship, not being able to walk straight across the deck to get to where I needed to be.

The pool stage was fine but I didn't like that the floor was at different heights all over. A flatter surface would have been nicer (and more safe). The Platinum Theater was okay but the Chorus Line seemed like it had more floor space for standing. Plus, in some spots the sound was pretty bad. The Studio B/Ice Rink stage was my favorite. Floor got pretty nasty, though. :lol: The Sphynx = The Spectrum, so meh. Glad I barely had to go in there.

The food was terrible . Windjammer breakfast was particularly bad. Even the bacon seemed off. Sorrento's was unable to keep up with the demand when the Windjammer was closed.

There were far too many technical issues. The first day always starts late but it was disappointing that it happened again. Enough will be said about the pool stage being late. Apocalyptica had to start 45 minutes late in the theater. A lot of bands seemed to be delayed at least a little bit and some had issues while playing as well. Jeff Waters seemed particularly pissed off during the pool set.

All in all, I had a blast again despite the issues, though this was my least favorite of the 6 cruises. We aren't sure if we'll be back but a great lineup would help the Skipper take my money. ;)

This! and as I go threw my videos I am finding so much bad sound.
    Majesty and 40 bands seemed to be a much better fit for 70k and I liked their crew a lot better
    60 bands/120 shows in 4 days was way to hectic and I missed way more than I would have liked.
    I was not going to bitch but you are correct - least favorite of the 6
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:16 am

In a few sentence : what was good was better, what was bad was even worse !
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:26 pm

The good
    meeting old friends
    meeting new people ... (despite the extra 1000 people it was still a fairly friendly event)
    the ship itself was nice looking (will discuss bad later)
    the line-up for me was pretty nice (not ideal)
    most of the security were pretty nice guys
    pool stage as a theory ... sitting back by the pool bar on the different tiers was pretty cool

THE BAD
    too many bands for the time frame of the event ... the overlap was ridiculous left no time to do much else and see the shows you wanted
    the layout of the ship for getting to shows was just plain stupid, bar times and food courts
    the food itself was so meh and no variety from day to day that I noticed
    the pool stage was far too large for what it was used for. over half of it was empty for the shows I watched there, it was a little too tall (the stage platform not the rigging). it may of been nice for the bands to move around on, but sucked for photos. The large screen was a mix of like and hate, nice to know what band was playing, little too bright for decent light effects
    didn't like not being able to take pics from up behind the bands as they played ... which was nice on the Majesty
    Not enough space between the hot tub and the stage and the different levels.

although not all crew were bad, many seemed stand offish and not pleased we were there. service was sometimes rude to just go away
    Waiting for merchandise again was horrible (nearly 4 hours in line and still most larger shirts were sold out) even got there early .... I hope event items will be available on-line . (there has to be a better system, I hope someone can think of a way)
    the announcements .... (not the bands the timing and getting a chance to become familiar with unknown bands) see overlap above ... enough said there

there are other things good and bad, and we can nit pick all we want, but all and all it was still a great time, but like others said the worst of the six so far.

and on that note ... WHEN'S OUR NEXT ANNOUNCEMENT; BRING ON 2016 :cheers: :beerhorns: :givebeer:
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer

by soundcurve » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:29 pm

Had a good time though think the magic is gone for me. Enjoyed 1349 (though their show times were a bitch), Behemoth, Enthroned, Amorphis, and Melechesh.

I'd agree with the above about the food. Unsure if they dumb down the food cause they think we are a bunch of hooligans but I don't recall it being as lame on the other 70ks / BTH. Normally most people I talk to who go on "normal" cruises always go on and on about the food. And yea, the ship was less logical to me. Having to go up and down to get to something that should be straight ahead was annoying. So pissing and moaning aside, it was nice to get away from work and the life grind. Would rate this one probably my least fave of the ones I went on. (2011, BTH, 2012, then 2015). Next up, Maryland Death Fest which is 10 miles down the road :D
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:14 pm

I liked the extra people, staff were awesome to me, the ship was nice with lots of new options, and it was nice that I could get to the stages quickly from each other.
    My only complaints:
    The line for broading took way too long, but I know government sequestering affected that and only having 50 agents meant each of them had to clear over 600 people... UMC really couldn't control that.
    I miss having a pool that you could see the stage from, but I didn't actually have much opportunity to do that if it had been available, so no big deal this time...
    UMC couldn't control that Xentrix had to cancel, but I hope Xentrix plays the next time I can book!
    Overall, my 2nd favorite of my 3 cruises (2012 will be near impossible to beat)
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:25 pm

Can I just say:

"I watched Cannibal Corpse, Michael Schenker, and Therion from a hot tub, on the side of the stage".

That is a sentence I would never get to utter if not for Andy and 70K, so I owe him my thanks for that :P

Now, on to editing and uploading the 2,000+ photos and 27 full songs I caught on video....
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    Tono_Fyr
    Crewman

by Tono_Fyr » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:38 pm

The pool deck problem was awful, but I suppose it happens. I ended up not missing any of the bands I wanted to see, anyway.

Otherwise, the security guards in the Platinum who were pushing crowdsurfers back into the audience probably didn't realize how much more dangerous what they were doing was than simply catching people and releasing them.

The food was nothing to write home about, but I enjoyed being able to eat a good deal of decent tasting curry. The lamb was probably my favorite. All of the fish that I tried was terrible, though. Overcooked straight to hell. (Huh, that might be a fun title for a kitchen themed death metal band...)

The shows I caught were great, and Wintersun Hot Tub Mosh Pit was fucking amazing, as well as seeing Blind Guardian on the open air stage, rocking out on top of the hot tub and screaming the lyrics at the top of my worse-for-wear lungs while the wind whipped my hair around all over the place. It may well have been the most power metal thing I've ever experienced.

I could gush for hours about how much I loved the performances I caught, so I'm not going to. A lot of you were there for most of them. Amorphis, Alestorm, Equilibrium, Apocalyptica, Korpiklaani, Threshold, Claim The Throne, Trollfest (on and on), they were all pretty damned brilliant.

I made a lot of great new friends, had cool random cabin mates, and got to spend some much needed time with some old ones. Even got a piece of advice I needed to hear from Jeff Loomis.

I also recommend anyone who gets a porch deck next year to give sleeping out there a shot, weather allowing. It was really nice out there, sleeping under the stars. I'm pretty sure I fell asleep to the sounds of Napalm Death flowing down the sides of the boat. It was an excellent way to spend a little time getting some shut eye.

This was my first music cruise, and I have to say, despite all the complaining that people do on this damned forum, it was a fucking amazing experience. I will make every cruise from here on in - you can count on it.
    Wishlist:
    --Æther_Realm--Alarum--Amon_Amarth--Arcturus--Arjen_Luccassen--Atheist--Battlecross--Blind_Guardian--Borknagar--Candlemass--Cynic--Demons_&_Wizards--Devin_Townsend--DOLL$BOXX--Dread_Crew_of_Oddwood--Dysrhythmia--Ensiferum--Freak_Kitchen--Gamma_Ray--Glittertind--Gloryhammer--Goatwhore--Gojira--Gordian_Knot--Green_Carnation--Holy_Grail--Iced_Earth--Ihsahn--Katatonia--Leprous--Machinae_Supremacy--Ne_Obliviscaris--Nightingale--Nile--Opeth--Pain_Of_Salvation--Raintime--Riverside--Sigh--Skeletonwitch--Steel_Panther--Symphony_X--Tengger_Cavalry--Thank_You_Scientist--Three--Turisas--Tyr--Unleash_The_Archers--Winds--Wintersun--Words_of_Farewell--Zimmer's_Hole--

2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:25 pm

Phoenix wrote:I'm so sad I only ran into like two people from the forums!

And even sadder that I was one of those people. :twisted: I ran into forum people everywhere. Though to be fair, many were from 3-4 years ago when the forum was more active.

Thanks to every person I had the pleasure of interacting with. It was amazing to see y'all. Everyone was awesome. I've written so much about everything I experienced, and I keep remembering and writing more. Friday I was a bit truthy, but it was one of the best days of my life.

And the only injury I sustained was to my nipples!
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:48 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Can I just say:

"I watched Cannibal Corpse, Michael Schenker, and Therion from a hot tub, on the side of the stage".

That is a sentence I would never get to utter if not for Andy and 70K, so I owe him my thanks for that :P

So much this. With added Wintersun, Arch Enemy, Grave Digger, and Annihilator!
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    DarthDavy
    Oiler

by DarthDavy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:07 am

Tono_Fyr wrote:This was my first music cruise, and I have to say, despite all the complaining that people do on this damned forum, it was a fucking amazing experience. I will make every cruise from here on in - you can count on it.

QFT!!!
    70K 2015 - Cabin #8593
    70K 2016 - Cabin #7691
    70K 2017 - Cabin #7691
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:00 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote:If anyone has video or footage of me breaking the stage in Margaritaville or me doing karaoke I'd like to hear about it before it gets on youtube :stagger:

And someone please post it here after it goes on YouTube so we may see :lol: :lol:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:25 pm

I had a blast on the 70,000 Tons of Metal cruise last week. I met a ton of cool people and saw lots of great shows. Here were some of my highlights (in no particular order):

1) All the cool forum people and cruisers that I met for the first time or saw again after a year… EpidemicReign, EvilDan, Memnoch, Sgt. B, etc
    2) All the awesome musicians that I met and talked to. Spoke to John Longstreth in the merch line. Took a pic with Jeff Loomis! Spoke with Jean-Francois Dagenais of Kataklysm for over an hour about all sorts of shit. Ian from God Dethroned. Larry from Helstar (more on him later).
    3) Seeing Destruction, Helstar, and Exumer for the first time ever!
    4) Destruction taking requests for songs to play from the crowd during both of their sets was impressive.
    5) The violinist guy playing “Bark At The Moon” during Karaoke was mind blowingly good. Dude nailed both guitar solos on a Violin.
    6) Watching the pillow fight mosh pit during Origin.
    7) Jamaica was beautiful. Multiple locals called me “Moses”. Absolutely gorgeous view from the bar at the top of Mystic Mountain. Banana Spiders were everywhere I looked in the rainforest.
    8) Not getting bit by a Banana Spider.
    9) Rode the Jamaican Bobsled ride down Mystic Mountain. I hauled absolute ass on it and thought that our Bobsled might have flown off of the tracks at one point, lol.
    10) Bartered with a Jamaican merchant for a dress for my daughter. He wanted to sell it to me for 20 bucks but I saw one previously at another shop for 8 bucks. So, I didn’t budge and he eventually caved in and sold it to me for 8 bucks.
    11) Drinking Chimay Blue and La Fin Du Monde on the high seas! Also, the mixed drinks were incredible.
    12) Having more time to eat, sleep, and socialize compared to previous years!
    13) When a waiter at my table brought a plate that had “nothing” written on it in chocolate syrup because the guy next to me wanted to order “nothing” for dessert.
    14) Sitting with Helstar at dinner on the first night. Larry, their guitarist, told me stories about Dimebag from back in the 80’s. Bunch of great dudes.
    15) Sitting with God Dethroned, Monstrosity members, and a bunch of foreign photographers at dinner one night. The guy from Monstrosity ordered a glass of milk for dessert and so we joked that it was a “virgin White Russian”.
    16) Looking at all the strange artwork around the ship.
    17) The elevator circle pit that my wife and I got involved in.
    18) The elevator that my wife and I were invited on that looked full but made room for us. When we stopped on the next floor, the whole elevator invited even more people on and by this point we were all really close together. As the elevator went up, one of the guys shouted “we’re all going to die!” lol.
    19) Having a hotel that was just two hotels down from the metalhead beach party. Got to go buy good beer at the local ABC and drink it on the beach.
    20) The ribs at Rock N Roll Ribs were phenomenal and so was the German Chocolate Cake beer at Funky Buddha!
    21) Seeing my daughter’s cute smiley face once I got back from the cruise was amazing.

The lowlights from the cruise were (in no particular order):

1) The pool deck stage wasn’t ready until late on the second day. I also missed all daytime pool deck shows and only saw a few at night. Most of the bands I wanted to see were in the indoor stages.
    2) Finally going to try out the surfing simulator only to find out that it was closed.
    3) Trying to escape the persistent Jamaican merchants at Dunns River Falls. Every shop keeper wanted to talk to you, show you the “secret” Jamaican handshake and generally wouldn’t leave you alone.
    4) Hoof and Claw bar ran out of Chimay Blue and La Fin Du Monde on the last day.
    5) Not getting drunk despite lots of drinking. Damn alcohol tolerance!
    6) Feeling like absolute crap on Friday causing me to go to bed early (at midnight).
    7) Waiting 2.5 hours in line to get on the ship which was a first.
    8) Waiting exactly 4 hours in the merch line to buy merch in the morning on the second day. Luckily, everything I wanted they had in stock in my size. Coincidentally, the line started moving faster once Robin came back. Thanks Robin!
    9) A certain creepy cruiser, who acts like a perverted 10 year old kid, who I might break into pieces if comes near my wife and I again.

As you can see, much more highlights than lowlights. It was a great time but I'm happy to be back. Only minimal PCD here!

See you guys again next year (hopefully).
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:48 pm

Warphine wrote:17) The elevator circle pit that my wife and I got involved in.

We did it one circle pit in the elevator, we were 2 men and 2 chix. MikeB was one of us. One dude with long brown hair, beard. The other one is a redhead, short hair, tall and slim.
    For The Horde!
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:14 pm

ANTIKRISS wrote:The other one is a redhead, short hair, tall and slim.

So that's how most people see me....
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:14 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote:If anyone has video or footage of me breaking the stage in Margaritaville or me doing karaoke I'd like to hear about it before it gets on youtube :stagger:

Man that was priceless. Pretty sure the german group got it on video so good luck finding out beforehand haha
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:29 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote:
    Warphine wrote:9) A certain creepy cruiser, who acts like a perverted 10 year old kid, who I might break into pieces if comes near my wife and I again.

Really hope that wasn't me!
    :shock:

:lol:

Definitely not you Gnoff!

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

• Jotunheimr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jotunheimr » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:03 pm

Warphine wrote:
    gnoff_the_creep wrote:
    Warphine wrote:9) A certain creepy cruiser, who acts like a perverted 10 year old kid, who I might break into pieces if comes near my wife and I again.

Really hope that wasn't me!
    :shock:

:lol:

Definitely not you Gnoff!

If we're thinking of the same person here, I heard he got completely banned form 70K and RCCL.
    2020 Wishlist: Borknagar-/-Finntroll-/-Haggard-/-Kampfar-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Moonsorrow-/-Savatage-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas
    CountArioch
    Petty Officer

by CountArioch » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:32 am

Jotunheimr wrote:If we're thinking of the same person here, I heard he got completely banned form 70K and RCCL.

Definitely not me then, as I am not banned as far as I'm aware.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:15 am

Hope it is Calvin because at least he known,I see people defending the guy just because he gets drunk.Well first he raises the bar of idiotic behavior for the whole cruise ,making other people who are acting like idiots "saints".Second one jackass encounter with someone like lim pollutes the whole boat customer service wise ,word spreads fast among the workers and they get defensive when dealing with everyone else .How he got back on the boat after last years incident while we where docked in Belize is beyond me.Thank God I visited the ruins and didn't stay on the boat for that.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    hornile
    Oiler

by hornile » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:39 am

I just wondered how Xentrix could cancel of familiar matters one day before the cruise and not be on any merchandise stuff or in the fancy booklet...

My best guess is they canceled like 2 months ago but somebody forgot to announce this "minus-announcement"
    :bitch: :bitch:
    70k 2013 survivor
    (cabin 6040)

70k 2015 survivor
    (cabin 7275)

70k 2016 survivor
    (cabin 9284)

70k 2019 ....hope to survive
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:01 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote:haha, so typical it was me too :lol:

Who else but the Gnoff!
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:26 pm

hornile wrote:I just wondered how Xentrix could cancel of familiar matters one day before the cruise and not be on any merchandise stuff or in the fancy booklet...

My best guess is they canceled like 2 months ago but somebody forgot to announce this "minus-announcement"

Same thing happened with Hypocrisy on the Barge To Hell.

Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:28 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:Hope it is Calvin because at least he known,I see people defending the guy just because he gets drunk.Well first he raises the bar of idiotic behavior for the whole cruise ,making other people who are acting like idiots "saints".Second one jackass encounter with someone like lim pollutes the whole boat customer service wise ,word spreads fast among the workers and they get defensive when dealing with everyone else .How he got back on the boat after last years incident while we where docked in Belize is beyond me.Thank God I visited the ruins and didn't stay on the boat for that.

Yes, it was Calvin. He's the douchebag extraordinaire. It's about time that dude gets banned.

ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:31 pm

hornile wrote:I just wondered how Xentrix could cancel of familiar matters one day before the cruise and not be on any merchandise stuff or in the fancy booklet...

Because all that stuff is printed up the day before. People were wondering the same thing when someone canceled last minute on BTH. I have a feeling the Wintersun picture originally wasn't as big, but was inflated to cover up what would have been white space in the booklet.
    Wishlist
    Æther-Realm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amaon-Amarth-/-Amaranthe-/-Amorphis-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Annihilator-/-Arch-Enemy-/-Arkona-/-Asenblut-/-Avantasia-/-Avartarium-/-Axxis-/-Babymetal-/-Battlecross-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Be'lakor-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodbound-/-Brendon-Small-/-Brymir-/-Cain's-Offering-/-Carach-Angren-/-Cattle-Decapitation-/-Children-Of-Bodom-/-Chthonic-/-Crimson-Shadows-/-Dalriada-/-Derdian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dying-Fetus-/-Edguy-/-Eluveitie-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evil-Scarecrow-/-Ex-Deo-/-Fairyland-/-Falconer-/-Fallujah-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Galneryus-/-Ghost-B.C.-/-Gloryhammer-/-Goatwhore-/-God-Dethroned-/-Gojira-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Iron-Savior-/-Kalmah-/-Kamelot-/-Lagerstein-/-Moonsorrow-/-Mors-Principium-Est-/-Nanowar-Of-Steel-/-Nightwish-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Powerwolf-/-Rumahoy-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio-Mortis-/-Serenity-/-Skálmöld-/-Skyfire-/-Solar-Fragment-/-Steel-Panther-/-Swashbuckle-/-Symphony-X-/-The-Dread-Crew-Of-Oddwood-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Twilight-Force-/-Týr-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Visigoth-/-Wintersun-/-Ye-Banished-Privateers
    70k2015 Survivor - 2328
    70k2016 Survivor - 7511
    70k2017 Survivor - 6523
    70k2019 - 3336
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:29 pm

ExtraneouS wrote:

Because all that stuff is printed up the day before. People were wondering the same thing when someone canceled last minute on BTH. I have a feeling the Wintersun picture originally wasn't as big, but was inflated to cover up what would have been white space in the booklet.

Printed the booklet up so late they didn't have time to fix all the mistakes in it. :lol: Really, the booklet was a fantastic idea and I hope UMC keeps doing it for future cruises.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:42 pm

mooyagi wrote: Really, the booklet was a fantastic idea and I hope UMC keeps doing it for future cruises.

The other fests and music cruises have been doing a nice full color program for years - nice to see UMC get with the "program!" GROAN. seriously i really liked it.... finally. :headbanger:
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:55 pm

Yep the booklet was long overdue. GREATLY appreciated.

Nice little memento so hopefully they can get things finalised a bit earlier next year and they have time to proofread it properly :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:21 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote:I might fly out for the pre-party only to meet as many of my cruise family as possible, then head to Costa Rica or Canada or what not after.

we can always have a giant party for you in Denver or some other beerish city in the US no matter what! :viking:
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Thank You To All Survivors From 70 Countries!

by Andy » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:18 pm

Survivors!

I wish I could have taken a little more time on stage to talk to all of you, but I was about to lose my voice. Let me take this opportunity not only thank all you Survivors from 70 Countries around the Globe once again for making 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 such an incredible success, but also to apologize for the technical difficulties to get The World’s Biggest Open Air Stage Structure To Ever Sail The Open Seas ready in time.

My apologies go to AMORPHIS, COC BLIND, DESTRUCTION, IN EXTREMO, TROLLFEST and all their fans for having to reschedule their performances on other stages! An extra apology and Thank You goes to Chris Boltendahl of GRAVE DIGGER for being so cool to agreeing to have GRAVE DIGGER‘s 2nd show right after the All Star Jam!

One more time THANK YOU to all Survivors from ANDORRA, ARGENTINA, AUSTRALIA, AUSTRIA, BELGIUM, BOLIVIA, BRAZIL, BULGARIA, CANADA, CHILE, COLOMBIA, COSTA RICA, CROATIA, CZECH REPUBLIC, DENMARK, ECUADOR, EGYPT, EL SALVADOR, ESTONIA, FINLAND, FRANCE, GERMANY, GREECE, GUATEMALA, HONG KONG, HUNGARY, INDIA, IRELAND, ISRAEL, ITALY, JAPAN, KUWAIT, KYRGYZSTAN, LIECHTENSTEIN, LITHUANIA, LUXEMBOURG, MACEDONIA, MEXICO, MOLDOVA, THE NETHERLANDS, NEW ZEALAND, NICARAGUA, NORWAY, PANAMA, PERU, PHILIPPINES, POLAND, PORTUGAL, PUERTO RICO, ROMANIA, RUSSIA, SAUDI ARABIA, SINGAPORE, SERBIA, SLOVAKIA, SLOVENIA, SOUTH AFRICA, SPAIN, SRI LANKA, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND, THAILAND, TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO, TURKEY, UKRAINE, UNITED KINGDOM, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES, USA, UZBEKISTAN and VENEZUELA…

You are truly the UNITED NATIONS OF HEAVY METAL AT SEA!!!!!!! Without All Of You 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise would not be possible!

Last but not least: Many of you Survivors already gave me personal feedback onbroad and I really appreciate all your input and ideas for improvement. We will put a feedback form on our website and you will receive an eMail with a login code within the next 10 days, because only with your feedback are my incredible team and I able to keep on improving 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise.

Cheers!

Your Skipper

Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

Re: Thank You To All Survivors From 70 Countries!

by Razor Ramon » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:40 pm

Feedback form, cool.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Saor-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Numenorean-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    slayergeek
    Chief Petty Officer

by slayergeek » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:33 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:Feedback form, cool.

As much as people always like to complain, this cruise is one of most awesome things in metal existence and everyone who attends appreciates UMC putting this together every year.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,See_You_In_2019

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    • iPhone Version-https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/70k-bands/id958759290?mt=8
    • Android Version-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Bands70k

WishList
    • The_Crown-/-Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/-Violence-/
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:09 pm

Andy, maybe next year Serenade of the Seas (2500 passengers, 50 bands) out of New Orleans (my favorite party town)
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:02 pm

The explanation of the brevity of the thank you speech is appreciated, as is the feedback form.

Now where is the news on the frequent cruiser program, and the gift for veterans? :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:14 pm

meshuggah wrote:Andy, maybe next year Serenade of the Seas (2500 passengers, 50 bands) out of New Orleans (my favorite party town)

Fuck. Yes.

Source: Went to school in New Orleans.
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:17 pm

Oasis Of The Seas, 100 bands. :beerwink:
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Saor-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Numenorean-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:18 pm

The amount that UMC cares about your opinion increases in relation to the currency devaluation for the 69 countries who don't use the USD.That early booking discount is a trap this year if you can wait 6 months for the lineup and get a better exchange rate.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:28 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:The amount that UMC cares about your opinion increases in relation to the currency devaluation for the 69 countries who don't use the USD.

WELL SAID!!!!!!! :lol:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
Post Reply 3601 posts