Post Reply 3601 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Thank You To All Survivors From 70 Countries!

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:31 pm

Yes - Thursday the 4th (edited post accordingly).

In under half an hour it will be less than a year away!!! :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:36 pm

Announce the bands!!! :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:41 pm

biertroll wrote:Announce the bands!!! :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hehehehe.

Just on that, these are the dates of the first band announcements for the past four years (ignoring year 1 as the first bands were announced over a year in advance for that):

2012 - April 18
    2013 - June 27
    2014 - March 31
    2015 - March 15

2013 was a bit of an exception due to Barge To Hell, so realistically we can expect the first bands to be announced between mid-March and mid-April.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:02 pm

Conrad wrote:
    Monmisreal wrote:
    Razor Ramon wrote:Fuck camping, even when I go to a Euro fest I stay at a hotel.

We do the same thing. Dont spend over a grand to get to EU then sleep in a tent for a week :lol: a

On the contrary, I don't go all the way to a EU festival to stay at a hotel, when there are plenty of hotels around London I can stay at any time. I want to get the full festival experience, and that includes camping. Plus it would be a major hassle and inconvenience trying to get back to a hotel at 3am unless there's one right next to the festival ground, which is usually not the case, so it's easier to just go back to a tent.

I am not about to fly all the way to Europe from the US and leave all my belongings sitting in a tent while I am at the fest, not to mention the need to bring camping supplies with me. When I travel, if it doesn't fit in a backpack, I don't bring it, I have never checked a bag ever. When everyone goes back to Auschwitz at the end of the night to sleep on the dirt I'll got to my hotel, get a shower, and sleep in a bed. Waking up and shitting on a real toilet then going for a nice breakfast is also good.

I love that town that Summer Breeze is in, I had a nice hotel there.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:12 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Yes - Thursday the 4th (edited post accordingly).

In under half an hour it will be less than a year away!!! :P

I think if they where able to do this it might come at a price,as in price increase or at least an end to the $666 cabins.Moving the date from the already agreed upon 21 January means that some people who already got kicked off that cruise and went to February the 4th on the same boat are now being moved twice.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:29 pm

All 3 ships from the Freedom class (Independance, Freedom & Liberty) have a cruise planned on the Royal Carribean for the 4-8 February 2016.
    I take it we will have a whole new ship to discover ?
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:31 pm

MikeB wrote:All 3 ships from the Freedom class (Independance, Freedom & Liberty) have a cruise planned on the Royal Carribean for the 4-8 February 2016.

They will move the people on the Independence to some other day or another ship for a discount if they even have allowed any people to book at all.

My question is how the heck are they gonna build pool deck on the Independence with the railings going all the way down the middle? I assume RC wont let them (UMC) remove them??
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:41 pm

MikeB wrote:All 3 ships from the Freedom class (Independance, Freedom & Liberty) have a cruise planned on the Royal Carribean for the 4-8 February 2016.

No it takes awhile to pull down the cruise (Independence),unless they are using a completely different cruise line(can't see this happening).The 4th February cruise will disappear and the 21st January will reappear,then RC will start telling people that have booked the 4th February that their cruise has been re-deployed (some of these people came from the 21st January date),this cost over a million dollars to double re-deploy and is reason I suspect a price increase in on the way.(Note price increase will be added like last year 2014 fees where $319 ,2015 fees where $333,next year $366 my guess)
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:00 pm

I was looking up deck plans for the Independence. Looks like the exact same ship. I thought it had an added juice/smoothie bar but apparently the Liberty has one too. :lol: Completely missed that one. And the free ice cream machine. Did anyone check those out on the ship or were they not open? Would have loved to get some smoothies on broad.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:28 pm

mooyagi wrote:I was looking up deck plans for the Independence. Looks like the exact same ship. I thought it had an added juice/smoothie bar but apparently the Liberty has one too. :lol: Completely missed that one. And the free ice cream machine. Did anyone check those out on the ship or were they not open? Would have loved to get some smoothies on broad.

Neither one was open. The ice-cream place ("Sprinkles") would have been on one side of the ship near the pool stage, and the other ("Squeeze") was never open when I walked by.
    I was startled to see the SeaTrek dive shop open on our last day, which made NO sense at all since it would have been a bit late to rent equipment for a shore excursion. The guy there was cool, though.
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:35 pm

Looks like the Independence is already booked during our cruise, unless UMC reserved it already.

2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240

2020 Wishlist: Arafel-/-Arcturus-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-Equilibrium-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Glittertind-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Kampfar-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Necrophagist-/-Norther-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-Savatage-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Varg-/-Vintersorg-/-Waylander
    2021 Wishlist: Arkona
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:45 pm

It's been the same every year. The cruise dates and the ship we're using has been "available" for bookings until late summer.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:00 am

Memnoch wrote:It's been the same every year. The cruise dates and the ship we're using has been "available" for bookings until late summer.

What happens when people try to book a normal cruise on the Independence during that time? Do they get sent away and told that this ship is reserved for UMC?
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240

2020 Wishlist: Arafel-/-Arcturus-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-Equilibrium-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Glittertind-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Kampfar-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Necrophagist-/-Norther-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-Savatage-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Varg-/-Vintersorg-/-Waylander
    2021 Wishlist: Arkona
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:19 am

Jotunheimr wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:It's been the same every year. The cruise dates and the ship we're using has been "available" for bookings until late summer.

What happens when people try to book a normal cruise on the Independence during that time? Do they get sent away and told that this ship is reserved for UMC?

As deathmetalpat mentioned above, they will get redeployed to a different date once UMC locks in their ship and dates.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:26 am

Memnoch wrote:Btw, the last time I slept in a tent was way back in 1996 when I was serving in the Finnish army. In the winter at -20 degrees Celsius. :beerwink:

It's easy to camp in -20 degree winter when you're Chewbacca.

Razor Ramon wrote:I am not about to fly all the way to Europe from the US and leave all my belongings sitting in a tent while I am at the fest, not to mention the need to bring camping supplies with me. When I travel, if it doesn't fit a backpack, I don't bring it, I have never checked a bag ever. When everyone goes back to Auschwitz at the end of the night to sleep on the dirt I'll got to my hotel, get a shower, and sleep in a bed. Waking up and shitting on a real toilet then going for a nice breakfast is also good.

Prima donna.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:20 am

Conrad wrote:
    Razor Ramon wrote:I am not about to fly all the way to Europe from the US and leave all my belongings sitting in a tent while I am at the fest, not to mention the need to bring camping supplies with me. When I travel, if it doesn't fit a backpack, I don't bring it, I have never checked a bag ever. When everyone goes back to Auschwitz at the end of the night to sleep on the dirt I'll got to my hotel, get a shower, and sleep in a bed. Waking up and shitting on a real toilet then going for a nice breakfast is also good.

Prima donna.

Guess there are a bunch of us "prima donnas" out there. (Though I could argue the phrase is misused here.) I've been looking at renting an RV to go to multiple festivals. Comfort and privacy while staying on the grounds.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:28 am

cowboy71 wrote:LOCK IT IN.

Thursday 4th of February 2016 is the next departure!

where do you get this information....it is untypically to start only in february !!! :metalguy:
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:38 am

If you go to the main page, http://70000tons.com/, there the "Next departure" counter. 363 days, 11 hours, 21 minutes.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:17 am

Memnoch wrote:If you go to the main page, http://70000tons.com/, there the "Next departure" counter. 363 days, 11 hours, 21 minutes.

ok thanks for this.... :viking:
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Survivor Feedback Survey

by Andy » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:11 pm

Dear Survivors,

Thank you for sailing with us onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL 2015, Round 5 of The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

I hope you had a great time and enjoyed your stay on board. I value your opinion and ideas, as such it is very important for me to gather as much Survivor feedback as possible so that I can make 70000TONS OF METAL even better in the future.

Please be patient as it may take up to 24 hours for the system to send all Access Codes. If you do not receive yours within the next 24 hours, please make sure to check your spam folder and contact us.

This survey will remain open up and until February 13th, 2015 at 6PM Eastern Time.

biertroll
    Midshipman

Re: Survivor Feedback Survey

by biertroll » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:59 pm

You missed 1 onbroad Andy.

It drives me nuts reading "on board".

I hope everyone rated Liberty negative & Majesty positive.

FYI If you get the survey, you are asked for your booking code during the survey.

Deck ? 2020
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:16 pm

I just finished the survey.

Majesty negative, Liberty positive :twisted:
    60 bands, positive
    Everything about the Sphinx, negative
    Windjammer food, negative
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:24 pm

I offered up much constructive criticism.

Will be interesting to see what comes of it.

Would love them to publish the results when its all done!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:54 pm

Survey needs an "N/A" option for the ratings.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:18 pm

Survey completed. I did my best to be objective and fair all around. I agree that an N/A option would have been nice in a few places
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:36 pm

When something was N/A, I just didn't checked any rating for that line...
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:47 pm

So the 21st-25th January 2016 sailing of The Independence of The Seas is "Rock Legends 4" and the cruise after that is now gone,it disappeared a couple of days ago (another chartered cruise?5 day 25th-30th).That either means Rock Legends agreed to take this spot from UMC or took it from them (not the NAMM show reasoning).If the Independence is used people where booked for the January 21st sailing,some rebooked the February 4th and now will be bumped again,two music cruises!(I was only told a rock music cruise had chartered January 21st and assumed in September it was 70k ,seeing UMC level of disorganization I am not surprised that took the cruise during Super Bowl Sunday now)
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:00 am

There appears to be more incessant bitching, whining and moaning than on any of the previous cruises.

Did anybody have a good time?
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:25 am

Dimma wrote:There appears to be more incessant bitching, whining and moaning than on any of the previous cruises.

Still had a good time. Just there was a lot more to complain about this time around.

Partly I guess to do with it being 5th time around on a first time ship. Year 1 on Majesty we could easily forgive so many things as it was, the first time.

So I think we had some similar problems due to it being first time on Liberty, but we were obviously less forgiving.

Having said that though, issues with bad scheduling of meet and greets, issues with the pool stage etc. Yes, much room for improvement there.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:52 am

I mean more people bitching about people. it's like a schoolyard on facebook.

I suppose when you run out of things to complain about, and they're the same things every year, you just start bitching about each other.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:55 am

Dimma wrote:I mean more people bitching about people. it's like a schoolyard on facebook.

I suppose when you run out of things to complain about, and they're the same things every year, you just start bitching about each other.

Remember - there is also 1,000 more cruisers this year. Moar cruisers = moar bitching :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:05 am

Yep. The 'exclusivity' of the cruise has ended. It appears the ratio of newbies to veterans was good until this year

Now with a 1,000 extra spots up for grabs every dickhead and his 'red' dog will see it as another Fairstar Fuckship.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:06 am

Dimma wrote:Yep. The 'exclusivity' of the cruise has ended. The ratio of newbies to veterans was good.

Now with a 1,000 extra spots up for grabs every dickhead and his 'red' dog will see it another Fairstar Fuckship.

Yep - like I suggested, they should have two 70Ks. One on the Majesty for veterans who have been on at least 2 previous 70Ks, and then an 'open' cruise for everyone else :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:20 am

Dimma wrote:There appears to be more incessant bitching, whining and moaning than on any of the previous cruises.

I had a great time!
    My biggest disappointment was losing Xentrix, and that couldn't be controlled.
    I loved the availability of new drink packages, and I got to drink virgin mango pina coladas to my heart's content!
    The steakhouse, while a bit pricey, was AMAZING!
    The extra people had absolutely no effect on me, and I still saw people I know and like constantly.
    getting around the boat was easy, despite being larger.
    MINIGOLF!!!
    I had very few major schedule clashes.
    I had a great time, plain and simple
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:56 am

Yes. I got to see most of the friends I met on previous cruises & knock off a huge band on the bucket list for me, which is hard to do (Blind Guardian).

Deck ? 2020
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:06 am

... the irony on this page is hilarious.
    "All in the same boat
    Rockin' on the same route,
    We gotta get together, join each other"
    - Bob Marley
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:06 am

Dimma wrote:Yep. The 'exclusivity' of the cruise has ended. It appears the ratio of newbies to veterans was good until this year

Now with a 1,000 extra spots up for grabs every dickhead and his 'red' dog will see it as another Fairstar Fuckship.

To me a lot of people on the cruise were newbies or just people i didn't know. asI skipped barge and the previous 2 cruises..
    This year though a lot of people like me who stopped going after the second cruise came back.So actually it was quite a big reunion compared to the other cruises.I had a great time but that ship sucks balls compared to the old one.
    And 60 bands is too much,.40 was just right.
    Also i'm surprised this Calvin individual wasn't banned from UMC.i heard he acted like an asshole to people on the previous cruise and on this cruise he got banned from drinking because the way he was acting.
    mikijonas
    Crewman

by mikijonas » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:30 am

My 2 cents...

I cannot imagine how 40 bands would be better than 60. Clashes? So be it. I focus on what I saw, not what I did not see. And I never get to see any bands on a setting other than the boat. To me it is like that spoiled brat that complains to his/her parents that 5,000 as an allowance is too little. I even enjoyed seeing a band like Thy Antichrist live, even though they are not my type of music. But I had a blast, it was a great live show; I am not talking anout the music only, but the wardrobes, the makeups, etc...

How can someone prefer the Majesty to the Indepndence is beyond comprehension. Give me the Oasis with 100 bands!

The food at the ship is more than adequate, I believe; and I am fat I know when it comes to food! :D If you prefer even better food, go to the other restaurants, pay a little bit more and voilá!

I cannot give an opinion on the alcohol on board. I do not drink. I lived off water and juice, so I spent USD 0.00 on driks. Actually, I am lying, I had a coke one of the days.

I did not like the Sphinkx, not a venue for a concert. Cannot see shit. Maybe karaoke as someone suggested.

The other venues are GREAT! One issue, handicap access. I had a friend on a wheelchair and the handicap space was not being respected by the other cruisers, or was absent completely.

:shred:
    Make love, not war... and while you are at it, listen to metal!

2012 - Survivor (Don´t remember)
    2015 - 9561
    2016 - 6500
    2017 - 9561
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:59 pm

mikijonas wrote:Give me the Oasis with 100 bands!

:headbanger:
    70000 Tons 2019
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:52 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:
    mikijonas wrote:Give me the Oasis with 100 bands!

:headbanger:

And probably still no bands off Razor's wishlist. :|
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
Post Reply 3601 posts