Post Reply 3600 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

Re: GOD DETHRONED will reunite onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL!

by Daenerys » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:59 am

Memnoch wrote:God Dethroned is a nice add and I'd probably catch both sets. Napalm Death is ok while too punk for my taste, but I've seen them like thirty times over the years - and I'm not even a fan of them.
    Of the last three announcements the Statsman announcement is the best one. :beerwink:

^^ This! :beerbang:

gnoff_the_creep wrote:This is the first time I feel sad to have not been able to book.
    Saw the last GD set "ever" on the ship, would be very nice to see the reunion set on the new ship too.

There's still 5 full months, I'll keep hoping you'll get onbroad!
    Voyager-Vuur-GrandMagus-Myrath-Borknagar-NovembersDoom-Aeternam-Havok-TheHaloEffect-Moonspell-SepticFlesh-Sigh-BarrenEarth-Iotunn-ScarSymmetry-Nekrogoblikon
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:38 pm

I like God Dethroned, seen them a bunch of times already though. Unless they are one of my absolute favorite bands I don't lose my shit over some band I already seen a bunch of times.

So far Therion is the only one I'll be sure to see two sets from. The rest are either bands I don't care about at all or ones I have seen a ton of times already and can take or leave.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    carlynjason
    Petty Officer

by carlynjason » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:27 am

OK a lil bit behind here maybe, just picked up a few albums couldnt afford due to being hit at budgeting, generally soft metal, delain epica deahstars etc. but the one that stood out was apocalyptica , they win the award as the band that sounds most like nickleback, is a good award, like employee of the week at mc donalds. hope they leave that crap in fm radio land and just go a bit old school on the tub. ...............rant over, may be a bit under the influence. stay tuned for rant 2 "the return of the rant "
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

Re: Filth Hounds of the Caribbean

by deathmetalpat » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:02 pm

cowboy71 wrote:It would be nice if more people came back :headbanger:

This place has settled down a lot - I guess because its quieter!! But there seems to be less of a dickhead element around here now than there is on the Facebook groups!!!!!

'sfunny - lotta people leave because of the bitchiness, negativity and dickhead element....

...and suddenly there is a lot less bitchiness, negativity and dickhead element!

Makes you think, don't it :lol: :P
    It seems I got purged from the 70K Fiends group on Facebook and not going to be asked back.I made a few comments but whoever was running it said he was going to get rid of people he didn't know or don't post.So now that group will be concentrated dickheadness now,that and dumb in-jokes and constant "look at me shit "that is fucking up the cruise IMO.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:21 am

Memnoch wrote:God Dethroned is a nice add and I'd probably catch both sets. Napalm Death is ok while too punk for my taste, but I've seen them like thirty times over the years - and I'm not even a fan of them.
    Of the last three announcements the Statsman announcement is the best one. :beerwink:

Statsman is the best announcement since Blind Guardian.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Emily
    Crewman

by Emily » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:22 am

X-Thor wrote:

Statsman is the best announcement since Blind Guardian.

^^THIS!!!^^
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:08 am

Sgt. B wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Booking made, cabin confirmed, first payment made.

NOW MAKE WITH THE WEENIE BANDS!!!! :P

You do know that since you finally booked, Andy will purposely try to avoid the bands on your wishlist. :p

It's true, ever since I ran my mouth that I booked I haven't gotten a single thrash band. :bitch:
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:10 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    gnoff_the_creep wrote:This is the first time I feel sad to have not been able to book.
    Saw the last GD set "ever" on the ship, would be very nice to see the reunion set on the new ship too.

you'll be missed onbroad, gnoff

Gnoff isn't going this year? What the fuck??
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:07 am

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:

you'll be missed onbroad, gnoff

Gnoff isn't going this year? What the fuck??

I still hope he will book.

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:56 pm

Now that I'm actually booked, I couldn't give a damn what other bands are booked.

Honestly, it would be nice to see a few bands from my wishlist added - and with over 30 bands still to announce I reckon that is a certainty.

I just cannot wait to see the new ship, and all you awesome people again :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:33 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Now that I'm actually booked, I couldn't give a damn what other bands are booked.

Honestly, it would be nice to see a few bands from my wishlist added - and with over 30 bands still to announce I reckon that is a certainty.

I just cannot wait to see the new ship, and all you awesome people again :)

can't wait to see you again too ... and as always I'm sure it will be an awesome trip :cheers: :beerhorns: :givebeer:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:07 am

there're still a lot of bands to be announced, Skipper, and as much as I love seeing God Dethroned's name here, we're ready for more! Any more underground, somewhat obscure bands you have to tell us about?
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:03 am

I really thought we would get a 70K TV announcement around Wacken.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:00 am

Sgt. B wrote:I really thought we would get a 70K TV announcement around Wacken.

There was no presence at all. Probably cys wacken has its own cruise now. Expect something during heavy Montreal.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:21 am

Stained Class wrote:

There was no presence at all. Probably cys wacken has its own cruise now. Expect something during heavy Montreal.

I'll take: Anthrax, Beyond Creation, and Voivod
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:46 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

Body Count, Bad Relligion, Mad Ball, Twisted Sister would work for me.
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:10 am

Azazel101 wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:There was no presence at all. Probably cys wacken has its own cruise now. Expect something during heavy Montreal.

Body Count, Bad Relligion, Mad Ball, Twisted Sister would work for me.

just saw Bad Religion a week ago and it was great, they're still really awesome live and I love 'em... but they're not metal by even the loosest definition

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:31 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:just saw Bad Religion a week ago and it was great, they're still really awesome live and I love 'em... but they're not metal by even the loosest definition

I am not calling them metal by any means but they would give some versatility
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:23 am

Twised Sister is the only band there I'm really interested in that aren't already booked or ruled out.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:29 am

Just checked the lineup in Heavy Montreal and it's quite funny to see that the bands I like the most played on the boat last year: Symphony X, Death Angel and Overkill. Of course I wouldn't mind having them onbroad again, but that wouldn't be exactly realistic :D
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:35 am

Azazel101 wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:just saw Bad Religion a week ago and it was great, they're still really awesome live and I love 'em... but they're not metal by even the loosest definition

Kind of redundant though this being a 'METAL' cruise and all.
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:51 pm

Metalwrath wrote:
    Azazel101 wrote:

Kind of redundant though this being a 'METAL' cruise and all.

Bah, we had Gotthard, we can have anything...

(Can we have Gotthard again, Andy? Pleeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaseeee??)

--
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:54 am

as X-Thor was saying up above ^

"In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety".

I share the same feeling amigo!

:boobs:

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

The Art Of Partying At Sea

by Andy » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:07 pm

Are you ready to get wasted onbroad The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise? Please welcome MUNICIPAL WASTE onbroad The Original: 70000TONS OF METAL 2015! These guys will give you a lesson in the art of partying on our way to Jamaica and another one on our way back

DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

Re: The Art Of Partying At Sea

by DragonLordJones » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:14 pm

nice addition ... but please can we get some new talent (acts) on the ship. - looks like revenge of the Barge and a bigger crowd for those bands.

if we are doing repeats can we get Amon Amarth and Unleashed again ..... thank you Andy for all you have given us. :cheers: :beerhorns:
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:17 pm

They way these announcements are going I'm going to have a lot of free time on this ship..
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Brodd
    Petty Officer

by Brodd » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:28 pm

YES! Holy fucking crap this is awesome! I had a blast with those guys on Barge to Hell. Party on :shred:
    "Vi kæmper kun for øl
    Vi kæmper kun for øl
    Vi kæmper kun for øl og for penge
    Og hvis vi ingen penge får
    Og ingen øl ligeså
    Så må i kæmpe kampen uden os!"
    Skål!

70K 2011, Barge to Hell, 70K 2015
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:37 pm

my theory for the repeats is Andy added 20 bands to the line up so he could have his repeats and give us around 40 new bands, oppps he already has used up what 14 repeats; so 6 more repeats and the rest new to the cruise. Well it sounded good before I started typing this out :lol: :lol: :lol: :cheers: :beerhorns:
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:28 pm

Great add. They where a blast
    Is a lot of repeats
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:32 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:They way these announcements are going I'm going to have a lot of free time on this ship..

Same.It's quite a bad lineup so far.
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:24 am

Metalwrath wrote:
    Razor Ramon wrote:They way these announcements are going I'm going to have a lot of free time on this ship..

Same.It's quite a bad lineup so far.

It's probably my favorite lineup thus far... But, of course, it has Blind Guardian, so the odds are in its favor.

--
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:24 am

I'm a huge Blind Guardian fan myself.Got into them about 12 years ago or so and fell in love with the music.And hey i love Grave Digger too and Equilivrium i nearly got into a fight over not seeing one of their shows XD.
    There are some really great bands.But overall the lineup sucks.
    EpidemicReign
    Petty Officer

by EpidemicReign » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:19 am

The lineup to me so far breaks down like this:

15% First-class bands
    45% Bands I'm excited for
    20% Passing interest
    20% Not interested

All in all I'd say that's not bad for my first ever festival-type experience :beerbang:
    2018 Booked
    2017 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:20 am

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:
    Sgt. B wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Booking made, cabin confirmed, first payment made.

NOW MAKE WITH THE WEENIE BANDS!!!! :P

You do know that since you finally booked, Andy will purposely try to avoid the bands on your wishlist. :p

It's true, ever since I ran my mouth that I booked I haven't gotten a single thrash band. :bitch:

And now you've got one!

Municipal Waste may not be my favorite thrash band *cough*Nylithia*cough* but I'd catch a set. But Skipper, can we have some more? Nylithia, or maybe DRI or Cripper if we're gonna have any bands from last year. We can still have a TRAIN SAW on a boat, right?

I don't think it's a terrible line up this year, so far. There's some very good party bands already coming on, Alestorm and Korpiklaani, Municipal Waste has a good party vibe of course, and bands like Blind Guardian, Origin and Napalm Death are all very good additions for me. Not to mention Therion, Equilibrium and Ensiferum. Grave Digger is growing on me, too.

There's only maybe two or three bands that sound like really awful choices, but whatever, I don't expect to love all 60 bands.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:39 pm

I have decided that Skipper's sole aim in life is to annoy me :P

Decide that I'll be doing 70k again and what happens? Every band announced since then has been a zero on my interest scale :P

But - the announcements have made others happy so I'm cool with that. And still over 30 bands to announce so hopefully at least a few from my wishlist will be added.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:09 am

EpidemicReign wrote:The lineup to me so far breaks down like this:

15% First-class bands
    20% Passing interest
    20% Not interested

All in all I'd say that's not bad for my first ever festival-type experience :beerbang:

I would say you would not want it much better.
    Gives you a little time to rest, Drink, eat or explore the ship as long as the announcements continue to go that way.
    EpidemicReign
    Petty Officer

by EpidemicReign » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:58 am

Azazel101 wrote:

15% First-class bands
    20% Passing interest
    20% Not interested

Gives you a little time to rest, Drink, eat or explore the ship as long as the announcements continue to go that way.

Very good point. I'm definitely not letting any of the announcements that I find less interesting get me discouraged.

Just booked my flights... I'll be arriving in Ft. Lauderdale at 16:30 on the 21st. Hopefully I'll find some other cruisers to hang out with after I get in! :3drunks:
    2018 Booked
    2017 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:02 am

EpidemicReign wrote:
    Azazel101 wrote:

15% First-class bands
    20% Passing interest
    20% Not interested

Very good point. I'm definitely not letting any of the announcements that I find less interesting get me discouraged.

Just booked my flights... I'll be arriving in Ft. Lauderdale at 16:30 on the 21st. Hopefully I'll find some other cruisers to hang out with after I get in! :3drunks:

Find the sea of black on Hollywood Beach, we'll be there. Unless we go all stripper bus again :lol:
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:13 pm

Interview andy did at Summer Breeze, he stated that more bands would be announced this week. Cool.

Also stated that the announcements would not drag out as long as previous years, except one big surprise that he will keep us in suspense about.

Really hope things happen this way!!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:39 am

cowboy71 wrote:Interview andy did at Summer Breeze, he stated that more bands would be announced this week. Cool.

Also stated that the announcements would not drag out as long as previous years, except one big surprise that he will keep us in suspense about.

Really hope things happen this way!!!

I'm gonna guess that it's Emperor... Or just the same thing he says every year and there is no actual huge surprise

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
Post Reply 3600 posts