Post Reply 3600 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

by Phoenix » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:08 pm

The "one surprise" is that the last twenty bands will be announced as we get on broad.

He did say during the Trollfest announcement that he is a GIANT Troll.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:16 pm

Maybe the "Big" surprise he's dragging out is a full, day-long, 24 bands over 24 hours announcement. Do it Andy!!! Do it soooooon!!!!
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:30 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Maybe the "Big" surprise he's dragging out is a full, day-long, 24 bands over 24 hours announcement. Do it Andy!!! Do it soooooon!!!!

But only 22 remain?

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:37 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:Maybe the "Big" surprise he's dragging out is a full, day-long, 24 bands over 24 hours announcement. Do it Andy!!! Do it soooooon!!!!

But only 22 remain?

Typically Andy has a few extra bands. Probably to handle any last minute band cancellations by keeping the lineup with > 60 bands.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
  • Skullhammer
    Oiler

by Skullhammer » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:38 pm

cowboy71 wrote:He actually said in an interview at Summer Breeze in August, that he PROMISED announcements of bands would and I quote "not drag out like last year" apart from one surprise.

So yeah, for me at least that is the most annoying thing.

Correct me, if I'm wrong. This is what I understood:
    The announcements will take quite as long as last time, expect one which he is really going to drag out very long.

For me, I'm actually fine with most of the band and 40 would have been already enough for me. I can't imagine how I can get all bands I want to see in my schedule. Now on 4! Stages at the same time. Remember there are tons to do (and eat) beside the bands.
    Of course I'm also pissed off the way the announcements are made.
    But hey, I'm sure I'll have a great time, just like all of you.
    I thank Andy for make all this possible to us. We are currently starting a small festival and I know how much work it takes.
    Anyway I hope Andy has a good reason for the way he goes and the big surprise is really BIG.
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:48 pm

GregoryOfTheNorth wrote:Or Andy could make history by being the first festival to announce 1/3 of its line-up two full weeks after the festival has ended. We can have mystery Running Orders and all sorts of other chaos onbroad. It would be legendary.

Call me crazy but I'd be into that. I mean, I've been wanting to go to this thing since the first year, and it has always been 40 bands, so if we say we're still missing 24 bands, maybe he can announce 4 fillers in the next couple of weeks to round it up to the same ammount of bands as previous year, and then for the other 20 just have them set up mistery shows that are announced each morning. Granted, to pull it off they would have to be fairly well known bands at the very least, from different genres that people are more familiar with and who don't mind not being announced in advance because they'll sell merch onbroad for the signing sessions.

Either way it doesn't seem like we're gonna get any news for now. If Andy wanted to give regular announcements that's what we would've gotten.

As for the theories that they don't have enough bands and whatnot... would it have made ANY sense to move up to a bigger ship if they didn't already have at least over half the bands they would need to fill it? I mean, they could've just kept doing the Majesty of the Seas and nobody would be complaining about having 38 announcements by the end of December, so why take the risk unless it's no risk at all?
    70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:12 pm

gundiesalvo wrote:
    GregoryOfTheNorth wrote:Or Andy could make history by being the first festival to announce 1/3 of its line-up two full weeks after the festival has ended. We can have mystery Running Orders and all sorts of other chaos onbroad. It would be legendary.

Call me crazy but I'd be into that. I mean, I've been wanting to go to this thing since the first year, and it has always been 40 bands, so if we say we're still missing 24 bands, maybe he can announce 4 fillers in the next couple of weeks to round it up to the same ammount of bands as previous year, and then for the other 20 just have them set up mistery shows that are announced each morning. Granted, to pull it off they would have to be fairly well known bands at the very least, from different genres that people are more familiar with and who don't mind not being announced in advance because they'll sell merch onbroad for the signing sessions.

Either way it doesn't seem like we're gonna get any news for now. If Andy wanted to give regular announcements that's what we would've gotten.

As for the theories that they don't have enough bands and whatnot... would it have made ANY sense to move up to a bigger ship if they didn't already have at least over half the bands they would need to fill it? I mean, they could've just kept doing the Majesty of the Seas and nobody would be complaining about having 38 announcements by the end of December, so why take the risk unless it's no risk at all?

You and your logic, HOW DARE YOU!!! :evil:
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:15 pm

gundiesalvo wrote:t they don't have enough bands and whatnot... would it have made ANY sense to move up to a bigger ship if they didn't already have at least over half the bands they would need to fill it? I mean, they could've just kept doing the Majesty of the Seas and nobody would be complaining about having 38 announcements by the end of December, so why take the risk unless it's no risk at all?

UMC didn't CHOOSE to move from the Majesty - they had NO CHOICE. They had to move ship because Royal Caribbean were planning to decommission The Majesty of the Seas.

That fell through in the end, but by that time it was too late, contracts had been signed etc, so 70K couldn't move BACK to Majesty.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • brunoredsox
    Crewman

by brunoredsox » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:17 pm

erik13 wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:
    brunoredsox wrote:Let's think optimistically here: If they don't announce any more bands, we can, by law, order a partial refund :lol:

From the ticket contract:
    "The parties agree that the consideration for the entertainment portion of the Cruise including performance by all musicians on board during the Cruise shall be the sum of USD 200.00."

So even if all bands cancelled, we'd get only $200 back.

So if there's 59 bands we get 200 back? Am I reading that correctly?

Yeah, I think you did.
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:27 pm

Stats, there goes your theory of 24 bands in 24 hours when it hits 14 days to go........

I really thought you had something there.......not :cheers:
    Wishlist: Hypocrisy Be’lakor Necrot Borknagar Blood Red Throne Earth Rot Decapitated Gatecreeper Jungle Rot Sylosis Wolfheart Within Temptation Wintersun Battelore
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:28 pm

bernabeit wrote:Stats, there goes your theory of 24 bands in 24 hours when it hits 14 days to go........

I really thought you had something there.......not :cheers:

:cry:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:35 pm

Maybe its 24 bands in 24 hours when its 10 days to go...yeah that must be it!!!
    Wishlist: Hypocrisy Be’lakor Necrot Borknagar Blood Red Throne Earth Rot Decapitated Gatecreeper Jungle Rot Sylosis Wolfheart Within Temptation Wintersun Battelore
  • the skipper sux
    Wiper

by the skipper sux » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:08 pm

:viking: :gulp:
    Last edited by the skipper sux on Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:35 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    gundiesalvo wrote:t they don't have enough bands and whatnot... would it have made ANY sense to move up to a bigger ship if they didn't already have at least over half the bands they would need to fill it? I mean, they could've just kept doing the Majesty of the Seas and nobody would be complaining about having 38 announcements by the end of December, so why take the risk unless it's no risk at all?

UMC didn't CHOOSE to move from the Majesty - they had NO CHOICE. They had to move ship because Royal Caribbean were planning to decommission The Majesty of the Seas.

That fell through in the end, but by that time it was too late, contracts had been signed etc, so 70K couldn't move BACK to Majesty.

Well, then not the Majesty specifically, RC has 6 ships in the Vision class which is 80k tons, and another 4 in the Radiance class with 90k tons, so why jump to the Freedom class which is the second biggest class?

the skipper sux wrote:first interview im doing, is with andy...

Doubt he'll do interviews the first day after all the drama, he'll wait for people to be a bit happier for the interviews and have some of his "surprises" come out, unless it was to apologize for a screw up, in which case he would've probably already said something, I mean, you can't get refund if you cancel now, so he's got nothing to lose and if the cruise is gonna be less than what he promised he can't afford to have that explode on him like that, it would make sense to save face with an apology and maybe something to try to make up for it (first round of beers on the house or whatever).

Is this a fucked up way to run a festival? maybe. Have they delivered in previous years? as far as I can tell, yes. Is there reason for concern? sure, there's no way of really knowing what's going on with the rest of the bands, except that we all know the skipper is a troll who likes suspense and doesn't seem to get bothered by people ranting at him. Myself, being my first time (FINALLY), I just plan to enjoy the fuck out of this event.
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:40 pm

Your first Boat is always the best, you're way too overstimulated to be bothered about anything.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:01 pm

Hahahaha! Most definitely!
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

4th Stage = 20 Extra Bands

by Andy » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:28 pm

Round 5 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise is just around the corner and as you know we will have a 4th stage this year on our way to Jamaica! That means 20 extra bands this year! As a tradition we always had a few newer or lesser known bands onbroad and our Survivors even created the CRIPPER AWARD for the best new band discovery. Since 70000TONS OF METAL is a truly global affair, I will make sure that there are bands from many different countries! Let's start with the first 4 global candidates. Please welcome: JUNGLE ROT from Wisconsin, ABANDON HOPE from Germany, DIVIDED MULTITUDE from Norway and as a special treat one of the most legendary South American Death Metal Bands: MASACRE from Colombia!

acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: 4th Stage = 20 Extra Bands

by acidbasement » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:32 pm

Hi Andy. Nice to see you. Please don't leave.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:34 pm

See - have a bit of faith in andy!

I said 24 today - but 4 is better than nothing! :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:35 pm

Andy wrote: Since 70000TONS OF METAL is a truly global affair, I will make sure that there are bands from many different countries!

Unless you are from Australia.....
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:38 pm

Abandon Hope as in yes my wishlist is dead lol.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:41 pm

Pretty decent additions. Not "must see" bands, but I can't really complain....
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:42 pm

We're two weeks away and there's still nothing that wants to make me book.

That's not good, right?

See you all in 2016 ;-)
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:45 pm

yaaaay announcements :beerbang:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:47 pm

Jungle Rot and Masacre are both great bands
    Thanks Skipper :shred: :metalguy: :shred:
    Last edited by Azazel101 on Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:50 pm

Yesterday had the highest amount of users online here ever.

Imagine if bands were announced with more regularity!
  • Mr. HCI
    Crewman

by Mr. HCI » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:51 pm

This worries me. "Lesser known bands" and "the first 4 global candidates" in one paragraph.

Makes me suspect this is the best we can hope for. I mean no offense to those artists already booked, but I was under the impression that we were waiting for some big name announcements, not 20 bands most have never heard of.

But maybe I'm just being paranoid? After this announcement I'm less sure that I spent my money wisely :(
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:52 pm

So two death metal, two prog metal.

*still waiting for some power metal*

Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Mr. HCI
    Crewman

by Mr. HCI » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:55 pm

cowboy71 wrote:So two death metal, two prog metal.

*still waiting for some power metal*

^^THIS
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:55 pm

Sonata Arctica is now the only band left from the scouts,they better be announced or something happened.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:57 pm

Hey Statsman, I think his big announcement is heading more up your alley than mine but I could be wrong seeing how brutal this cruise is turning out
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:02 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:Abandon Hope as in yes my wishlist is dead lol.

Yeah dude, mine too.

4 zero setters here :headbanger:
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:04 pm

Azazel101 wrote:Hey Statsman, I think his big announcement is heading more up your alley than mine but I could be wrong seeing how brutal this cruise is turning out
    We been though this already!Look at the band list on the official page and tell me one band that has something by its logo and what it is ?
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:11 pm

Mr. HCI wrote:This worries me. "Lesser known bands" and "the first 4 global candidates" in one paragraph.

Makes me suspect this is the best we can hope for. I mean no offense to those artists already booked, but I was under the impression that we were waiting for some big name announcements, not 20 bands most have never heard of.

But maybe I'm just being paranoid? After this announcement I'm less sure that I spent my money wisely :(

I expect most of the remaining bands are of the lesser known variety. Unless we get a huge surprise, most, if not all of the well known bands are announced at this point.

I just hope I get enough time to check them all out before we sail.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:33 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:
    Azazel101 wrote:Hey Statsman, I think his big announcement is heading more up your alley than mine but I could be wrong seeing how brutal this cruise is turning out
    We been though this already!Look at the band list on the official page and tell me one band that has something by its logo and what it is ?

????
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:39 pm

The Prog Nation cruise I saled on last February had the entire "main line-up" announced fairly early in advance of the cruise and then later in the game, Portnoy handpicked 20 or so not so well known bands (however the few I saw were awesome!!) who played the quote "fourth stage." I suspect that the bulk of the rest of the 70K announcements will be similar.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:40 pm

Basically what he is saying is that he believes the something special that was really going to be dragged out, that Andy was referring to in that interview at Summer Breeze, was the Venom world-premiere-of-their-new-album announcement.

And I think he could be right - because we had to wait 2 months between band announcements for that one.

BUT deathmetalpat - do NOT forget that Andy said in the New Year greeting that there would be "exciting news to share" so that could mean drinks packages, special performances, anything.

HOWEVER, I'm kinda with others in thinking that the tone of this last announcement sorta indicates that the remaining bands are all going to be filler.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:47 pm

Filler rhymes will Pillar.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:48 pm

His big announcement statement refered to a band that has never been on the cruise because they where in the studio or on tour.
    so this does not include Venom seeing they played BTH
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:49 pm

Azazel101 wrote:His big announcement statement refered to a band that has never been on the cruise because they where in the studio or on tour.
    so this does not include Venom seeing they played BTH

That's probably Arse Enema
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
Post Reply 3600 posts